Prologue
It’s been thirteen months since that night with Spike. For the rest of the week before the battle Buffy and Spike just took comfort in holding each other. When Spike knew that he had to stay it was the worst moment of his life.

' Spike, come on. You did enough '

' No, luv. I have to stay. We both know it. I will always love you. Tell Dawn I love her and for her to behave herself. I want you to move on, pet. Don't mourn for me, but don't forget me. I love you, Buffy Anne Summers. '

' I love you too, William. I won't forget. Promise. ' They shared one last kiss before Buffy was forced to leave.

' I want to see how it ends. ' As Buffy remembers that last day, she starts to sob. She wonders how she is going to raise her little boy without his father. As she looks at Brian she can see her Spike in him. Sometimes when she misses Spike, she just holds their son and thanks him for the miracle he gave her. They decided to rebuild the Council with an office in London, Cleveland and L.A. Buffy runs the L.A. office with Willow, Xander, Kennedy, and Faith.

When she was five months pregnant Buffy would just sign reports. Now that Brian was born she helps train the Slayers at least once a week. Dawn, Buffy and Brian live in a house close to the Council. Dawn goes to Hemery High and plans to go to Cambridge next year since she is taking her senior year now. During the first few weeks of her pregnancy everyone kept asking why she was keeping the baby. She would simply answer with, ' It's Spike's. I'm keeping it. '

So now she sits in her office with Brian in her arms watching him sleep.

A/N: I know its short. It will start at that way but will pick up soon. Promise.