Shippy: thanks for the review and let me say now....sorry bout the lack of spuffiness in this chapter too but we gotta have a story right? DON'T fear...this is a SPUFFY fic!!! :D

Starshine: Always lovely to hear your sweet words baby....

Isabel: It came to me in a dream...the twist about Angel as the brother....no really it did ;)

Franchesca: Thank you so much sweetie...I haven't read any other cowboy Spuffy set in the actual time and i'm a HUGE history buff especially of that time...I'm glad I'm able to bring it alive for you.

Beth: I want to see your name on my reviews TONIGHT missy...or tomorrow....or the next day *grins*

CordyKitten: Glad you liked Naughty wait till you read my next one....doesn't have a name yet but it'll be within a couple of weeks.





Chapter 6

Faith gasped her eyes going wide at his revelation. “Your brother?” She half whispered in surprise and shock. “No….no it can’t be true, you’re nothing like him, you’re a good man Will and he was evil….wicked.” The last words were tremulous and fearful making him look at her, really seeing the woman inside her tough exterior shell. This was a woman that had hated Angel and feared him and William now knew that no matter that he had been his blood, his kin, Angelus was better off dead.

Setting the bottle to the side he reached out and wrapped a comforting arm around Faiths shoulders and silently offered her what she would never have asked for. Solace.

Lying down next to him the first tears from so many years of abuse at the hands of other men and then the sheer torture at the hands of Angel, slipped silently and then less quietly down her face and onto his bare chest as he held her fast. Seconds turned into minutes and minutes into an hour when finally exhausting herself she slipped into a truly restful slumber wrapped in the arms of a man who was like a brother to her.

Smoking his last cigarette he contemplated all the things that Faith had told him that Angel used to do to her against her will. Everything from rape to making her have sex with other men while he watched and then demanding she love him and if she ever looked at another man he would cut out her eyes. On her inner thigh she bore a large branded A that the sadistic bastard had put on her himself and then rubbed salt into the wound so that it wouldn’t heal properly and she lost wages because of it. It seemed that the men of the town didn’t want a branded woman whether she was a paid for doxie or not.. Luckily Buffy had learned of the branding and kept Faith from further harm giving her charge over the other girls well being and the two of them had bonded like sisters because of it.

Buffy…. his little mystery. Her heart was as sweet and untainted as the honeyed smell of her skin. It was a wonder that she did what she did and yet stilled remain so pure of spirit. God how he loved her and with Faith’s help god willing she would one day be his wife and the mother of his brood.

Sighing deeply Williams eyes started to drift shut, the combined emotional surprises, the hangover and the alcohol weaving it’s way through his system until he finally fell into a deep slumber his mind filled with nothing else but images of his love.


5 Hours later


Buffy frowned looking pensively at the still closed door. She hadn’t seen Faith all day and that could only mean one thing, William hadn’t left yet.

Raising her hand to knock on the door she hesitated and dropped it to her side. Did she want to know? Did she want her heart to break again finding William in bed with her friend?

Biting her lip and worrying the edge of her lace petticoat she turned resolutely from the door and walked with purpose down the stairs and out the swinging doors disappearing from sight into the dark night.

Anya and Dru watched the entire thing both of them looking at the other with wide eyes as they went to the room and swung open the door on the sleeping twosome. “Looks as if our wicked Billy has been naughty again. Bad dog.” Dru said rubbing her forefingers together in a tsking motion as the duo on the bed struggled to wakefulness.

“God, if you were gonna break her heart couldn’t you have least done it with someone who wasn’t her best friend?” Anya asked William icily her face set in an angry mask.

“What are you two birds on about?” He growled swinging his legs out of the bed and scowling at the women gesturing to the wide open door, “and would ya mind? Don’t want to give the whole establishment a parade of my private bits.”

Faith looked up from the bed her hair tousled from sleep her deep dark eyes suddenly glinting with understanding as Anya and Dru’s words sunk in.

“OH NO….no no no. We did not have sex. So just get that out of your damn heads right now you two ditzy dames.” She said pushing her hair out of her eyes.

Anya snorted in a most unladylike fashion clearly not believing a word of it while Dru smiled at them serenely her eyes a bit glazed with her madness.

William looked up at them in disbelief rubbing his sun bronzed forehead with his calloused fingers muttering, “Bloody hell.”

Faith pulled herself out from under the covers still fully clothed, and walked around the metal bed frame and poked Anya in the shoulder making the smaller girl cry out.

“Ow Faith that hurts.”

“Yeah well it’s gonna hurt a hell of a lot more if you don’t shut yer yap Anya.” Gesturing to her still intact outfit she asked, “Does this look like we had sex?”

Anya looked at Faith and then at William snorting again, “Ok so maybe you didn’t do the actual deed.” She said emphasizing deed with her fingers, “but he’s naked and we all know damn well that whores don’t just sleep with men, specially ones as good looking as he is.”

William chuckled at the backhanded compliment while Druscilla made a sound of agreement with Anya and Faith threw her hands up and sighed loudly.

“Oh for god….He’s like my brother Anya…” Faith said grabbing his clothes and tossing them at him none to softly hitting him in the face.

“Hey….”

“He got drunk yesterday with Willow and Tara. He fell off of his horse and then me and Buffy helped him up here and we took off his clothes cause they were soaked.” Faith finished stopping with her hands resting on her hips daring her to make any more comments as William grinned and proceeded to get dressed.

“Wicked Billy….”Dru said suddenly breaking the tension in between the two women and sliding her eyes to the heavens gazing at the stars only she could see. “The stars whispering in my ear….you’ve lost it all and more now you may lose again. A three-time loser….but you can win this time if you can get to her. All bets are closed…time for the players to show their hands.”

Dropping her hands her eyes cleared suddenly and she reached out towards William frightened and pale, “She needs you …NOW.”

Just as she said this a gunshot was heard a sharp scream slicing through the night air and William uttered the one word on everyone’s mind with dread.

“Buffy.”