Pools of Desire

The Slayer looked like he had just ravished her for six hours. Eyes wide with shock and lust, green pools he could drown it. Strawberry lips parted just beggin for him to tug and bite them. Riot of Golden curls splashed over her face and around her shoulders, ends curling around her breasts, nipples thrust up against her thin shirt...hard little nubs. Would they be rosy or dark and dusky? And the smell of sex rolled off her like honey. Spike's cock jumped to attention and his demon leapt up and shook its cage. Take her, it screamed. Spike had a hard time keeping his human mask in place. His demon was not happy. Somehow he was mated to the slayer, but he hadn't been inside her...the ritual was not complete. His demon demanded that he finish it, that he make her his own. She was feeling it too. The lust rushing through his body. He could feel her desire and his lust was feeding off it like a vicious circle. Bloody Hell he wanted her.

"Gonna invite me in luv, or should I just take care of you here on the porch?" She blushed scarlet and he smirked. Her heartbeat pounded so loud in his ears that he could barely hear his own voice. Her breathing and the sound of her blood as it rushed through her veins added to her overwhelming presence. Bleedin' humans were so noisy. She peered around him, looking for Drusilla no doubt. He had left her at the school. It was Saturday and she hadn't woken yet. Hopefully he would be able to get this mess sussed out and be back to her before she was up. Dru was a late sleeper.

"Your invitation was never revoked." When did her voice get all throaty and sexy like that? Her words hit him with a rush of adrenaline. He had an open invitation to her home. She was embarrassed. Damn this link between them but the need to shelter and protect her was overwhelming. Fuck All, he was a soddin' Vampire and he was mated to a human. A Slayer, but still a human. Fodder, Food. Why not just string him up in the sun?

"Your Watcher's got quite a mess to suss out, eh pet?" He didn't like the gentle tone of his voice. He could use charm when he needed to, but it was calculated, not like this. He wanted to hold her, stroke her back and soothe her fear. He was going to stake himself. "Brought Dru's Spell Book, I recon' we'll be right as rain soon." She stepped back to let him in and his gaze lingered on the patch of skin between her top and her baggy britches. She was wearing some kind of pajama things with Yummy Sushi written all over them. What the bloody hell was Yummy Sushi? But her midriff was bare and golden and he fantasized briefly about dipping his tongue in her navel. Then he would push those clingy pants down her legs...Bugger! They had better sort this out soon because he wasn't in the habit of denying his demon what he wanted. Happy Demon, Happy Spike. Poor Slayer, She couldn't be coping well with the chaos in her head...wasn't used to it.

He stepped past her into the living room of her mum's home. Mum wasn't home though, her scent was too faint for her to be present. But the Witch, the Whelp, and Watcher were all accounted for. When his eyes fell on the Witch he felt a small twitch of jealousy though the bond. Did the Slayer know he wanted her? Not that he could think of much beyond his raging hormones and the need to shag the bleedin' Slayer into the nearest horizontal surface. He eyed the floor, the couch, and settled on the arm chair. Slayer riding him, blond hair falling all around him, her pert breasts in his face, in his mouth, his hands on her hips, her hands braced on his shoulders. Sod it all!

"Watcher, I hope you can suss out how a soddin' bite ended up with me and the Slayer being bloody Mated?" The watcher looked hostile, and confused. Jesus Christ he didn't have a clue. He turned to the Witch again. "And shouldn't you be tip tappin' away figurin' a way to snap this little psychic hotline?" There was that little flare of jealously again. He let his eyes travel from the toes of his Slayer to her eyes with deliberate slowness. Her breathing was erratic and she huffed over and sat next to the Whelp on the couch. Did she always prance around in her pajamas in front of the boy? His demon was screaming. The boy was entirely too close to her and he wasn't close enough. If that ponce touched her he would snap his neck.

"Mated? You are referring to this odd connection between Buffy and yourself? You can feel it too then?" Damnation the old man sounded, excited! Fuck All! His Slayer twisted her hands in her lap and she gave her head a little shake as if to clear it. That's not gonna work little girl. If they didn't sever this link quickly, little miss innocent was going to get a five star education in the art of sex. She tossed her hair a bit, exposing her pale neck and his mark, his bite stood out in stark relief. He couldn't repress the low growl that rose in his throat as fierce possessiveness swept through his body. Bloody Hell, he owned a Slayer. He could still taste her blood on his tongue, all that power rushing around in her hot little veins. Even now, a full day later he still felt invincible. The rib he had broken was knitting under his skin and in an hour it wouldn't even pain him. The slashes on his forearms were long gone.

He wasn't hungry but he was full of energy, wild and uncontrollable, he needed to hunt, just to burn some of this wild power. She realized what had gained his attention and pulled her hair back over the bite, nine shades of scarlet. But he knew it was there. He could think of other ways to burn energy, all of them included his hot little Slayer arching and crying out the way she had on the hell mouth. He had about spent in his pants, between her hot blood and her responsive body. The Watcher stood and stalked towards him. He smelled no fear. Not too smart was he? "You are saying that this is a known phenomenon?"

Spike growled again and began to pace. "Bleedin Council of Wankers. Don't you tosser's know anything about Vampires? Fucking Mated, and that should not be possible, there are rituals and mutual blood letting, and we didn't do any of that. But here we are, connected at the hip." The Watcher followed him with his eyes, the hostility was waning and his eyes were lit up with excitement. And Spike felt a surge of affection for the man. Bloody fucking Hell! Christ on a Cross! He was channeling his Slayers emotions. "Look Watcher, Mating, I guess you could call it..." He fumbled for a word to describe it, everything human fell short of the circle of emotion he found himself in. The possessiveness, the protectiveness, and the lust. "Vampire Marriage, it's permanent. Death is the only cure, s'why it's so rare. Not very many Vampires want it, I didn't even think it was possible with a human." He felt Buffy's panic and glanced at his Slayer. He tried to send soothing emotions through the link and her heartbeat slow.

"Permanent?" The Whelp was on his feet a stake coming out of his pocket. "Well then, why are you still standing here?" Spike's body tensed. His hands flexed. But he didn't have it in him to hurt his Slayers boy. Yesterday he would have ripped out the child's spine for his insolence. Now he felt tolerant. Disgusting. He considered knocking him upside the head in discipline, but his Slayer wouldn't like that and poor Buffy was already all tight with lust and confusion and fear. He had put up with Dru's pets often enough, he was used to annoying pests.

"Xander, sit down!" Buffy's voice cracked like a whip. Her little features were writ with fury and he could feel her anger at the boy pulsing through the link. And she was confused about the anger, 'cause why should she care about a death threat to his person? But she did, just like he cared. There had to be a way to sever this bond. Because even the thought of her death made his body shake with fear and rage. He wanted to bury his head in her lap and hold her. She wanted to touch him too. But she couldn't admit that. Not to her friends, and certainly not to him. Because they were enemies. He was a Vampire, She was the Slayer, and it was in her blood to dust him. The whelp wore his emotions on his face, hurt and confusion, Buffy usually didn't strike out at him like that. "I said sit down, no one is going to dust Spike" Her voice was calmer, firm with assurance. Little spit fire she was. But her witty comments and quips were missing. She was too busy fighting her body to be funny.

"This isn't a proper mating, we didn't initiate it. Magic caused it, so maybe Magic can dissolve it." He pulled the small book out of his duster pocket and flipped through to Dru's Spell. God, Dru. He could barely spare a thought for his dark princess he was so wrapped up in Buffy, the Slayer. She was the Slayer. Not his Slayer, and not Buffy. Just another Slayer. He held the book out to the Watcher and the older man snatched it away, unable to contain his excitement. "Spell's in Latin and pretty straight forward, those runes though are Celtic and I've no bleeden' Clue what they suss out to be. You got a copy of that prophecy the Slayer was blathering on about?"

"At my apartment." The Brit replied absently walking to the armchair and folding his body into it, hunched over the book, his attention all on the words in front of him.

"You speak Latin?" The Witch piped up excitedly in her little high pitched voice. Common ground he supposed made her more comfortable.

"Some." He replied warily. He actually spoke a few languages, he’d been walking the earth a long time. But he didn't tell her that, she might pounce on him, thinking she found a kindred spirit or something. The witch’s power was intoxicating, but she struck him as sort of clingy.

He turned his back and walked to the window, twitching the heavy curtains to peer into the street. The Witch reached out and touched the slayer's knee and leaned over to whisper to her. Asking if she was alright. Every word clearly audible with his Vampiric hearing. His Slayer must not have eaten because her stomach was empty and she was feeling pains of hunger. That child was sitting closer to his Slayer now with his leg pressed up against her leg. Those damn pajama's were entirely too thin for her to be touching him. Growling and snarling he swept into the kitchen. That insolent puppy was lucky the Slayer was there to protect him. Was dinner time for the mortal's but his Slayer had just woken. Slept all day she did. He took off his duster and laid it over a chair than he rummaged around in the fridge finding eggs and a red pepper and ham. He rummaged through the cupboards finding other ingredients and slapped a pan on the stove.

He found a knife and began to chop ingredients. The island was a little high but the countertop would suit them. Him standing between her thighs, her head thrown back, her hair spilled on the countertop, her legs around his waist. Fuck. Wasn't like he hadn't fantasized about shagging the slayer before. Mortal enemy, powerful and sexy. She had no fear of him. Kinda like you think about shagging your teacher or your boss. But this all out lust was different. He could barely think of anything but how he could have her. His demon was downright howling in his head. The worst part was that he knew just five minutes with her would quiet this raging heat through his body. His demon would be satisfied and he could relax. No regular cream, he'd have to use sour cream. Wasn't he a bleedin' ponce, in here cooking for the bloody Slayer. He tossed butter in the pan and put on the potatoes, and rummaged around for another pan, finding a bottle of red wine in the back of a well stocked cupboard. That would be good on the potatoes. She needed to eat, and he needed to care for her. It was as simple as his need for blood.

Wonder if the Watcher's found a cure yet. Dru would be up by now, wondering what the hell had gone wrong. Wonder if she had seen them last night. Either way she was going to smell the Slayer on him. There was going to be hell to pay. Ahh, the smell of the Slayer. He could still smell her in here, an old smell from days past and the smell of her coming through the door. But having her in his arms last night he had about drowned in her scent. Jasmine and Vanilla and Woman. He needed to be that close to her again. The kitchen table would work just as well as the counter. He flipped the omelet, popped down toast and pulled himself up to sit on the counter and buried his head in his hands. She was probably trying to decide how best to dust him right now.

Good thing he had Slayer blood coursing through him and really didn't need to feed tonight, he could just imagine how well that would go over. "S'cuse me luv, but I've got to pop out for a few and scrounge up some college co-ed for a little snack. Feelin' a bit peckish." He reached over and stirred the potatoes and fished a plate out from behind him. He hopped off the counter and transferred the omelet to the plate, buttered the toast and went in search of silverware. Where would mortals keep a fork? Maybe in one of the drawers? Found. He scooped the potatoes on the plate and took a deep breath and shifted the bulge in his pants. Sucker was beginning to get uncomfortable. Should he just go ahead and wink off in here? Slayers food would get cold. Back into the den of dusty death. Wasn’t he a brave sod?


* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

What on earth was he doing in there? Slamming around what sounded like pots and pans, and the fridge had opened at least six times. Maybe she should go in there. She was starving; she could make a sandwich and check on him. But the thought of being alone with him made her blood run cold. She would probably lose control and throw him on the floor and have her way with him. Not that he would mind based on the emotions she was getting from him. And the way he kept looking at her. His casual, devil may care attitude was compromised. He was as stressed as she was. He couldn't quite pull off his usual air of nonchalance. No, it was best to keep her friends between them until this Spell thingy was an unpleasant memory. She wondered if her friends had seen the way that she couldn't take her eyes off of him, how she had watched every move he made, every expression on his face. And she thanked God she couldn't read his mind every time he looked at her, because she was sure that his thoughts were much nastier than hers. If Giles hadn't been watching she probably would have let him "take care of her" right on the porch.

That was the really freaky thing, because he should be giving her a harder time. Riding her ass about her wanting him, he wouldn't care who was listening. But she could feel his concern for her. She could deal with the overwhelming desire, he was a Vampire...he'd sleep with anything. But the concern, protectiveness, and jealousy were scary. Just who was he jealous of anyway? Those emotions crossed the line. When he had seen her bite mark, still raw and red, she swore her heart skipped a dozen beats from the swamping wave of possessiveness that she had almost drowned in. But what scared her the most was that she had liked it. She felt almost like she belonged to him and he belonged to her and for that moment when his eyes met hers it had been the most natural feeling in the world. Just for a moment she was completely content. And that was more frightening than any demon or monster she had ever faced.

She was really having trouble thinking. Her sexual desire did not slack off when Spike left the room. If anything his absence made the feelings she was having more intense. Even that would be bearable if she could just think straight but her head was a mess. She couldn't hold on to her thoughts, they kept slipping away from her and pushing her back towards sex with Spike. It was almost like she was drunk only ten times worse, and much hornier. Maybe she could just go into the bathroom for a minute, or go upstairs and change her clothes. Clear her head from this lust and then she could get something to eat. She shifted in her seat and was about to get up, she couldn't stay in her pajama's all day anyway when Spike came sweeping back into the room

With a Plate of Food

And gave it to her

He sauntered to the window and peered out again. Her eyes followed him and than dropped to her plate. An omelet and some potato square thingies and toast. Xander, Willow and even Giles were all watching her. Even Xander was rendered speechless. Spike had cooked, for her. She shrugged, picked up her fork and cut into her omelet. She was starving and it was just a little too elaborate of a way for him to kill her. Flavor exploded onto her tongue. She had expected something like you would get at Perkins's, but this was amazing. This could quiet possibly be the best thing she had ever tasted. She had eaten three bites before she could spare a minute to talk. "Spike, where did you learn to cook like this? This is so good." She held out a fork full for Willow who leaned in and opened.

"Oh, Spike she's right, this is nummy goodness."

Spike ignored them, he reached out and shoved the window open. Then he fished his cigarettes out of his jean pocket and lit a smoke. He didn't have his duster on. Had she ever seen him without it? The potatoes were really good too; they had some odd spicy taste to them that was delicious. She was almost disappointed that her toast was just regular toast. She absently watched the muscles play across his back as he smoked; Willow and Xander resumed talking in a low tone so as not to disturb Giles who was in full Watcher mode, still perched in the armchair reading. That duster hid a rather fantastic backside. She’d spared with him enough to know his muscles intimately but she’d never been overwhelmed with the urge to squeeze them. She finished every bite, grateful for the distraction from her disturbing Spike cravings, and got up to take her plate in the kitchen. She could feel Spike watch her walk away and it gave her shivers up and down her spine and she tried not to sway her hips too much.

Buffy rinsed her plate and stared into the sink. He was silent as the grave when he entered the kitchen, but she felt him behind her. Her body hummed when he put his hand at her waist, strong fingers flexing. She ought to elbow him. She ought to turn and punch him as hard as she could. She felt cool breath on her ear. Her body tingled knowing he was millimeters from being pressed up against her. "You smell like Vanilla and Sex." he whispered and his thumb moved in a lazy circle, brushing bare skin. She couldn't help her body's shiver. Then she felt soft lips on her neck and sprung away like a startled doe. Only with less grace because she slammed into the sink and then backed away along the counter.

"What are you doing?" She hated the way her voice sounded, breathless and girly and weak. She was the slayer, she should not be intimidated. Heaven help her, she wanted him to touch her again. But he didn't come after her.

"S'ok Slayer. It's the ritual, wasn't done properly. When we finish it my demon will calm and we'll have clear heads." His voice was low and soothing. He was using the link to calm her again, he had done it earlier. She didn't like him playing with her emotions one bit! Anger flared and that was good, because she knew how to fight with him, she'd done it many times. Anger she was familiar with.

"What are you talking about?" Good, her voice came out strong and sharp, the way a Slayer should sound. He cocked his head to the side, and his eyes were so blue, and now she knew just how soft his lips were. Oh God, she could have gone her whole life without knowing that piece of information. He took a step towards her and she felt her anger waning. She tried desperately to hold on to it but it was slipping under the spell of lust and desire that she couldn't fight. Oh this was bad, he was coming closer, and she wasn’t backing away the way she should. Suddenly his posture changed, the predatory gleam in his eye fading as he turned his head sharply to look at the door. Oh thank God Giles was coming in the kitchen!

Giles had the rather small book that Spike had brought clutched to his chest. "We need to go to my apartment, all my books are there."

"Ok!" Her voice was entirely too chipper and she knew that her face was scarlet. But she didn't care, she was saved. She dashed past Spike into the living room and up the stairs. Throwing on jeans and a loose top in record speed. She dashed back down and grabbed her coat. Xander held the door for her and Willow and they went out. Xander got in the backseat passenger side and Buffy started to get in the front. But that would leave Willow to sit next to Spike, not good. So she slipped in the middle and patted the seat next to her for Wills. It was just because Willow was afraid of Spike, in no way did she care if Spike sat next to another woman. Nope, no Sirie Bob. Spike had the nerve to smirk at her when he followed Giles out of the house, heavy leather back in place, closing the door behind him like a gentleman instead of a Vampire.

Giles and Spike got into the car and her Watcher carefully buckled his seatbelt and checked his mirrors before backing out of the drive. "Tell me about these rituals." Giles said as he turned onto the street. How did he make driving look so easy, and how come she couldn't get the hang of it but Martial Arts was no problem? The paradox that was the Slayer. Spike cracked his window and lifted off the seat so he could pull out his cigarettes. Giles let him get the lighter halfway to his mouth before he said "There is no smoking in my car."

"Bloody Fucking Buggering Hell. Snoshed in a car with the Bleedin' Scooby's and no cigarettes. Fuck!" But he tossed the unlit cigarette out the window and huffed like a three year old. "And now you want me to educate you on ancient Vampire rituals like your one of us and my Childe no less!"

Giles stiffened. He didn't like having to ask for help from a Vampire. "This is just as necessary to you as it is to us Vampire."

"I know that Watcher! What exactly is it you want to know? How to feed, How to Sire, Heritage rites, Bloodlines, Tradition, Laws. Be a little more specific you soddin' git!" He was shaking; Giles should have let him have that cigarette. Buffy's hands twitched on her lap, she wanted to reach out and stroke his shoulder, knead his neck, work out his tension. God this was insane!

"Vampires do not have Heritage, Tradition, or Laws. You only answer to yourselves!" Giles snapped. His hands were gripping the wheel so tight that his knuckles were white.

"It amazes me how little you nonce's know about Vampires. You've been studying us for hundreds of years and have everything all bollixed up. Shouldn't surprise me though, as uptight as the lot of you are!"

"Will you just tell me about the Mating rituals? And perhaps you could make clear the extent of the side effects as well. Buffy tried to explain how it felt but she wasn't making much sense." They pulled into the Parking lot of Giles apartment building and everyone piled out of the car.

"After I smoke." Spike Spat and leaned up against the car pulling out his cigarettes again. Buffy very carefully did not look back as she followed the gang inside.

"I don't see why we don't just dust the bleached menace. I mean why are we keeping him alive, we don't need him anymore. And he said himself that Death was the cure to this Jedi link thing." Xander spit out the minute they were inside. Giles strode over and began to pull books off the shelves and Willow sat at the table and plugged in her laptop.

"And just how do you think that will affect Buffy?" Her Watcher replied absently.

"I don't know..." Xander began and Giles pinned him with a glare.

"Exactly, and until we know more Spike will be kept safe as a baby in a playpen. Do I make myself clear?" Buffy sat down on the end of the sofa and Xander plopped down next to Willow. She carefully adjusted her hair to make sure her bite mark didn't show. With her slayer healing it already didn't hurt anymore but looking at it would probably set Xander off again, and she didn't like the way that Spike reacted to it. He was coming towards them.

"Jeez, is it pick on Xander day or what?" Xander groused and Willow smiled at him. Spike didn't bother to knock he just walked in and began to pace. Getting more and more agitated with each step. The desire to touch him was overwhelming. If she could just run her fingers through his hair, touch his shoulders, wrap her arms around him just the way that she had last night. Buffy gripped the front of the couch and concentrated hard on the soothing breathing exercises that Giles had taught her.

"Spike," Giles began, he held a book open in front of him and began to pace as well. "Is this Mating Ritual derived from Siring?"

"No, more like Siring derived from this. Mating was more common when pure demon's walked the earth. The first Vampire of my kind was made by a pure demon who altered the Mating Bond. The difference is with Siring that you only Blend your essences long enough to transfer your demon, The demon kills the body and animates it. You know this?" Giles nodded, he wasn't even trying to hide his fascination. He had stopped pacing and his book was forgotten. "Siring borders on the same intimacy but it's only temporary, there is a weak bond that survives the severing but it's bloody nothing compared to this." Spike's pacing became more rapid and she could feel his body calling to her. He was perhaps even more tightly strung then her, and he kept glancing at her and his hands would twitch. "Most Vampires stick to simple claims, like when Angel claimed Buffy, minimal side effects. A Mating bond surrenders power to the other party. Buffy has power over me and I have power over her. S'why it's so fucking rare, not very many Vamps want a thing like that over them for all eternity." He looked at her again and began to stomp harder, flexing his hands and arms. God that Strut was so sexy.

"Wait, Angel claimed me? When did that happen? What does that mean?" Spike slowed down again and Buffy realized with a shock that her voice had soothed him. He gave her one of his wry smiles, his eyes dancing with amusement.

"When he bit you slayer, that was a stamp of ownership. A Claim. We could see his essence on you, knew that you belonged to him." Buffy was outraged. She belonged to no one. She jumped to her feet and clenched her fists and was seriously trying to figure out the quickest way to LA to rip Angel a new one. Owned her! Why hadn't he told her about this, keeping secrets, making decisions for her! Her temper was rising rapidly and she had to hit something anything and then Spike was in front of her. His hands slid down her arms and her anger evaporated immediately. She couldn't think of anything but how good his touch felt. The world shrank to just the two of them. Her knees gave out and she sank back into the couch. He followed her down, sinking to his knees, his hands sliding to her hips, and he buried his head in her lap.

With his touch her world evened out. The pulsing in her head slowed and suddenly she could think much clearer. She was still heavily aroused but she felt calm almost, at peace. His hands flexed on her hips and he turned his head, and oh God that felt good. Buffy just couldn't help herself, she ran one hand lazily through his hair mussing his surprisingly soft locks, little curls springing out in her wake. Her other hand rested lightly on his shoulder and she couldn't help a small smile. And just that quickly their little bubble burst.

Xander surged to his feet in outrage and Willow gaped like a fish and even Giles opened his mouth and then closed it, unable to think of what to say at the sight of the two of them...cuddling? Spike started to move away from her but she clutched convulsively at his shoulders. He looked up at her; his blue eyes were like pools of desire, his features sharp with wanting. She patted the couch next to her and he crawled up next to her like a panther. He stretched his body out lengthwise on the coach, pillowing his head in her lap again and snaking his arm behind her. He rested the other on her thigh under his head. Buffy couldn't help the little sigh of contentment that rolled out of her lips, and she trembled at the feel of soft worn leather as she ran her hand along the breadth of his shoulders and down to the small of his back.

Giles recovered first. "These rituals you spoke of, for this bond. Perhaps we could work them in reverse? How exactly is this mating done?" His voice was carefully neutral and he didn't quite look at them.

Spike turned his head so he could look at her Watcher. She felt him tense slightly under her hand and automatically began to rub soothing circles. She stopped when the hand behind her back slipped under her shirt and his thumb began to mimic her movements. But he didn't stop, and God! "Hello! Buffy! Evil undead in your Lap! Kick him in his head, Stake Him!" Willow grabbed Xander by the arm and led him into the other room. She could hear them talking in low tones in the hall but she thankfully did not have to reply because she had no idea what she was supposed to say to explain this.

"That wouldn't work, it doesn't work that way." Her Vampire's voice was low and content. She could spend all day just listening to his voice, his accent so close to Giles but yet so unfamiliar and sexy. It was the way he drew his words out. Each syllable was a caress on her senses. "The rituals are sexual and not at all precise." His hand flexed on her back again then he rose it to just his fingertips and trailed lazy circles. Her whole body was attuned to those small movements. Oh God, Sexual rituals? In the kitchen, when he was talking about finishing, oh God!

Giles whipped off his glasses and began to polish them; he hadn't seen that coming either. And how could Spike be so calm? He lay on her lap without a care in the world. She began to play with his hair, it was fun to muss it and he didn't seem to mind. "So you don't think these runes in this spell could have reproduced the um procedure?"

"Well they must have hmm, cause here we are." Completely unruffled, she could feel contentment rolling off of him. "My demon ain't too happy with the way things worked out though.

Giles replaced his glasses and the arguing from the other room got louder. "Yes I can imagine you are not too happy with being linked at a base level with the Slayer of all people; we will find a way to work this out of course."

"You misunderstand Watcher. Demon doesn't give a damn who the girl is, the ritual wasn't done correctly, There's been no...base linking." Xander and Willow walked in the room at just that moment. With a mind of its own her hand rose and popped Spike on the back of his head. He turned his head to glare at her, but didn't move. Then he snuggled back into her lap. She about swallowed her tongue. But Xander looked happier to have seen her do at least some damage to Spike.

"Well then, Ok, Yes. Buffy it's getting late, why don't you do a quick sweep and we'll meet back here in a couple of hours. Xander and Willow can help with the research and Spike too if he doesn't mind." Was Giles flustered? That was adorable.

Spike sat up abruptly and her lap seemed forlorn and empty. She sat on her hands so that she didn't pull him back close to her. "Uh, that's probably not such a good idea Watcher."

"Spike, Buffy must patrol, it's her job."

"Any Demon who sees her is going to know about this!" Spike sprung up and began to pace. "Bloody Hell, like a big neon sign that shouts OWNED BY SPIKE. We've got to fix this before she goes out. I'm going to be laying low somewhere too. I don't even want to think what this would do to my reputation. Not to mention her reputation. Jesus Christ."

Buffy jumped up too. "Owned by Spike, Owned by Spike! No one owns me Spike. So you can get that loopy idea out of your bleached brain!"

"Hey you think I like having Buffy the God damn Vampire Slayer's Property on my Fucking forehead? Works two ways Bitch!"

"Alright, let's calm down. Perhaps you should skip patrol just for tonight. But there really isn't anything that you can do tonight. I guess the big question is what do we do with Spike?" They stood about four feet apart. Her hands were on her hips and his head was cocked to the side. Owned her, he was gonna sing another tune when she ripped his arms clean off and beat him in the head with them.