Interlude

Spike woke to the rich heady scent of his mate’s blood. Her heartbeat beating out a soothing rhythm, her breathing soft and steady. Buffy was curled around him, one of her legs between his, her breasts pressed up against him. His face was buried against her neck. He groaned. Her scent, her sound. She saturated his senses, flooding him with tranquility. Three days ago it her siren song filled him with bloodlust. Now it was just lust. Hunger could wait; he wanted to make love to her.


He nuzzled against her neck and placed soft open mouthed kisses along the side of her throat. He reached that spot where her neck met her shoulder and she arched into his touch, she liked it when he touched her there. So of course he paid it extra attention. She let out one of those low moans of pleasure that made his body sing and he nipped her. “Spike,” she whispered. He skated his hand down her spine and cupped her bottom. “Oh yes.” She moaned. He lifted his knee so that the leg between hers ground against her crotch and her sounds of pleasure got higher in pitch.


His girl lifted her head and gave him a small sexy smile. That smile would be his undoing and he knew it. But being the crazy creature he was he didn’t care and smiled back. Her eyes were soft and dewy with lust and Spike wanted her with everything he had. Baby got impatient and slipped her leg over his, sliding down onto his raging hard on. Oh Yeah she was made for him, her body fit his perfectly. He gripped her taut little waist and flexed his fingers possessively. She braced her tiny little hands on his chest and moved in a slow steady motion. He raised his hips to meet her and must have hit her sweet spot. Cause her nails dug into his skin drawing little specks of blood and she let out a sharp little cry. So he did it again.


He loved the way the sounds she made escalated as she got closer to orgasm. She went from moans, to cries, to calling out his name in increasingly louder tones. He loved the way she lost control, bruising and bloodying him in her passion. He loved the way she changed her rhythm and the way she rocked her hips during sex so she never hit him quite the same way. He loved how soft and firm her skin was and how he was allowed to run his hands wherever he wanted. He loved how she leaned into his touch and quivered for him.


He loved her hair, the way it smelled and looked and surrounded him when he was inside of her. He gripped a handful and pulled his Slayer down for a kiss. She bucked wildly and came hard. Her muscles spasmed around him and he rocked hard against her drowning in her scent and taste and feel. He came in shuddering bursts and pulled her down to rest on him. She shook for a moment before climbing off and standing next to the bed. She looked like she might want to say something but after a moment she turned and walked out of the room. A moment later he heard the bathroom door click.


He reached over to the bedside table for his smokes and lit one just to have something to do with his hands. When Buffy got back she would probably kick him out of her bed again or give him the: “this is wrong” speech. He bloody knew it was wrong. He also knew that he wanted her and that she was his damn it. She’d tried to squirrel out of his arms twice in the last few hours, both times he had pinned her down and kissed her until she couldn’t remember her own name.


Fuck if he knew what they were doing. Sex with the Slayer. Fucking Bloody Amazing Sex with a Golden Goddess more like. In over a century he’d never been with a woman who overwhelmed him so completely. He lost control with her and that was scary. She gave as good as she got and it was a Bloody miracle he hadn’t burst into flames in her hands. Dru had gone on and on about him tasting like Ashes. She must have known. Gods, was she even still in Sunny hell? Spike realized with a shock he hadn’t thought of Dru once since he had kissed the Slayer in the kitchen. He ought to be frantic to find her, but instead he was just passably worried. Spike shrugged. She had wanted to be on her own and he had problems of his own. By the time this mess with the Slayer was sussed out Dru would be ripe and willing to fall back into his arms. This would give her time to realize how much she loved and needed him.


Spike frowned and crushed out his cigarette. The thought of Dru coming back to him did not fill him with the warm glow he had come to expect. It was just a side effect of the mating. When he was separated from Buffy he would want Dru again. His mind was just clouded, in the most delicious way. The very idea of being separated from his mate brought on faint waves of panic but Spike pushed them down. In the mean time he had a gorgeous lover that made him quiver. Dru could wait.



Buffy stared at her pale features in the mirror. Her lips were swollen from rough kisses, her neck bore faint red marks where Spike had nipped and sucked. No surprise that he had a fixation with necks. The surprise was how much she liked it. The marks he’d left on her soul wouldn’t fade so quickly. She could no longer pretend that sex with Spike did anything but rock her to the core. His kisses were like a drug, his touch set her on fire. And she didn’t think it had anything to do with this bond between them. The lust hadn’t been mating induced since that first time. No this was all Spike.


Not that she should be surprised, he had over a century of experience in seduction. Learning how to use his clever hands, and tongue, and body. Yep, that would be her new excuse; she was being seduced by an expert. Except that didn’t ring true in her head either because she had initiated some of last nights love fest and participated in all of it. Twice she had come to her senses and attempted to end things but Spike hadn’t listened, just pulled her in and kissed her until she couldn’t remember her own name.


Buffy wet a washcloth and began to wash her face. Her whole body was limp with exhaustion. All her muscles completely relaxed. She felt wrung out like a limp noodle. She felt good. She couldn’t remember the last time she felt so stress-free. Note to self: Marathon hot monkey sex good for relaxation. She wet her toothbrush and began to vigorously wash the taste of Spike from her mouth. The entirely too pleasant taste. She was scarred for life.


So Spike knew how to make her toes curl and her body shake. Buffy didn’t believe in casual sex just for the sake of it. And she could never have anything more with a soulless annoying Vamp who would just as soon eat people as look at them. Finding her pleasure with a killer was just wrong on so many levels. What would her friends think if they knew she had been writhing and screaming for a dead man? A dead man besides Angel.


This had to stop. He wouldn’t like it. He was much more accepting of this whole thing, living in the moment as he did. But she needed to look in the mirror and not be disappointed and ashamed of herself. She used the washcloth to clean off her thighs and shuddered thinking of how the mess had got there. She closed her eyes against the sensation when she ran the washcloth over the sensitive and swollen flesh of her sex, wiping it clean. She pulled her robe off the back of the door and wrapped the thick terry cloth around her modestly. She knew Spike would scoff but she felt more in control with her nakedness covered.


Spike was sprawled out naked in all his glory on her sheets. Completely unashamed. And why should he be? He was all hard muscle and pale skin. Her comforter had been tossed to the floor at some point. He watched her with hooded eyes while she picked it up and draped it over the end of the bed. “Got classes today?” He questioned when she just stood there like a lump.


“Uhm Yeah, but not till this afternoon. My mom’s plane is supposed to land at 9:15 so she’ll be home fairly early.” Buffy paused trying to think of the most effective thing to say to get him to hide in the basement until she talked to her mom. Spike of course took her pause as an invitation and moved in front of her on his knees faster than she could blink.


“That’s at least five hours.” He purred in a husky voice, his hands pulling loose the tie of her robe to slide his hands inside to caress her skin. “Warm silk you are.” He bent his head to her neck and Buffy reached up to push him away, but when her hands met his smooth skin she found herself clutching at him instead. They had to stop, this was wrong. Oh god why did he feel so good?


“Drusilla, Drusilla.” She squeaked pulling away. He kept his hands on her waist and looked up at her in complete confusion. His blue eyes were so expressive. “You can’t do this because you’re in love with Dru.” He gave her a slow sexy smile.


“Buffy, what are you blathering on about?” He asked sliding his hands up to cup her breasts and kneaded them softly. He squeezed lightly running his fingers from the base to tips until he reached her nipples rolling them between his thumb and forefinger. Buffy called herself nine kinds of slut as she arched into his touch and cried out at the sensation.


“Spike, this is wrong.” She whispered, hating the sound of her husky lust filled voice.


“I know luv.” He replied, equally husky and bent to flick his tongue over one extended nipple. She cried out and he took the nipple into his mouth and sucked, swirling his tongue over her sensitive flesh. He made her body sing.


“Spike, Stop, We have to stop.” He pulled back again to look at her. “Spike, I can’t do this, sex just because it feels good is wrong. I, I’m not built that way I need love and friendship and…”


“Are you asking for love and friendship?” He asked, obviously bewildered.


“No! No, I’m just explaining that this can’t happen anymore, it’s wrong.” He tugged on her suddenly sending her sprawling on top of him. He rolled her to her back and kissed her gently on the lips.


“So this is some sort of moral crisis.”


“Spike your turning me into a slut!” Her voice came out in a very undignified wail and she shut her mouth in embarrassment. She turned her head and he nuzzled her neck. He slid one leg between hers and danced his hands over her flesh.


“Slayer, you belong to me.” He whispered. He kissed her neck, her shoulder, her collarbone. His words sent uncontrollable pleasure rocketing through her. “I belong to you.” He kissed her jugular and the hollow of her throat. “S’not wrong luv, it’s natural.” He blew on her wet nipple and than kissed the other. His hand snaked down to touch her intimately and he growled “mine.” As he pushed two fingers inside of her and kissed her lips. She arched into his touch and cried out. God he made her feel so good. He pushed her legs apart and settled between them. His cock probed at her entrance a moment before he pushed inside of her. She braced her feet on the bed and pushed up to meet him. He liked that, he let out ragged sound of pleasure, so she did it again. He met her eyes and pushed into her harder. “Mine”


Spike set a hard fast pace, claiming her body as his. Kissing and nipping and touching her desperately. When she orgasmed he changed the angle of his hips and continued to piston until she climaxed again. He came with a low roar and rested on her a moment before shifting his weight off her, but he refused to let her go. She still had her robe on she realized belatedly. Hers. She liked the sound of that a little too much. She knew it, he knew it, but it hadn’t been said out loud. Maybe that was what was wrong with her, her body was just confused about the nature of their relationship.


“Slayer, no sense in fighting it. Nothing’s gonna change till your Watcher figures out how to separate us. No sense in being more miserable than we have to be.” Spike said as he scooted up to the headboard and reaching for his cigarettes. “Take that robe off luv.” Buffy sat up. With the robe wide open like it was it left nothing to the imagination. But undressing herself would be an admission, a concession. Oh this was ridiculous as if sleeping with him a dozen times wasn’t a concession. She pushed it off her shoulders slowly, liking the way his eyes darkened with lust. Then she crawled up next to him bringing the comforter with her. She would just have to tell Giles he needed to speed up the research.