Author's Chapter Notes:
This is my first fic so i hope you enjoy. Please Review.
When Hank Summers first laid eyes on Joyce Kiernan, he knew she was the one for him. He saw her nervous figure in the corner of the huge ballroom and couldn’t wait to introduce himself, although he was quite nervous he made his way toward her. As he started to walk towards her, the nearer he got the more he noticed her unique beauty. She had soft blonde curls falling loose around her face, her lips were full and sensuous, he was just imagining how soft they would feel against his own, and such warm green eyes which were accentuated by her emerald green silk dress hugging her figure in all the right places. He reached her and was ready to introduce himself, offering his hand.

“Hello. I’m Hank Summers.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

3 years later . . .

Hank Summers was just replaying the moment he and Joyce first met in his wedding speech and thanking God that he had the courage to ask her to dance. After dating for three and a half years he finally managed to pluck up the courage to ask her the big question.

Later that night their soon to be troublesome daughter was to be conceived.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

5 years later . . .

Elizabeth Anne Summers was born into the very luxurious and fairly hectic lifestyle of the Summers residence. Fortunately she got her looks from her mother as Hank wasn’t exactly a looker. She had long honey blonde hair with the same green eyes as Joyce, she was a pretty child and everyone commented on how beautiful she will turn out to be when she was older. Hank and Joyce moved into Hank’s parents house as his father Ben wanted to keep the family together. As his wife had died and he needed the company. Hanks sister Cecily and her husband Liam Angelus moved in also. The house certainly was big enough as it was an ex hotel. Angel and Cecily also had one child which they named Xander. Xander was 4 years older than Buffy and as a child was completely ignored by the family and his only companion was himself, he was a chubby child with chocolate brown hair and dark brown eyes, compared to Buffy he was plain but he was still quite cute. Xander was an unbelievably well behaved boy. He never cried when he was a baby and he slept the whole way through the night. The nannies who raised him were amazed at how good he was. And then Buffy came along! She was one of the worst behaved children in the whole of California. She was spoiled rotten by her grandfather, which everyone was amazed at because he ignored his children growing up and barely said two words to Xander. He used to say that she reminded her of him. As the two kids grew up they became inseparable. At the age of five and nine something went terribly wrong for Buffy. William Giles came into Xander’s life!

William Giles was also nine years old. He hand dirty blonde curly hair and the most piercingly cerulean blue eyes and was very handsome for his age. His family moved to LA and when he went to school he was made fun of because of his English accent. When he would return to his home and his parents could detect a hint of a Californian accent they would beat it out of him. When he met Xander, the two hit it off like a house on fire. Soon William became a permanent fixture in the Summers’ household much to Buffy’s dismay, also William’s. the two continuously argued and fought mentally and physically. William would find it uncool to be hanging around with a five year old and Buffy was jealous of Xander’s relationship with William. This continuous fighting went on for seven years and never once did they play nicely.

One day their fighting took a serious turn of events. Buffy was in her room imagining she was married to George Clooney when she saw Xander go into the tree house. Xander had painstakingly built a tree house which took him a whole three weeks to build Buffy wanted to play with Xander and William wouldn’t allow it. She crept up the ladder to sneak in and play with them when William and herself started fighting when he saw Buffy. They started fighting and the tree house started shake. They stopped fighting physically and kept shouting at each other.

“STOP FIGHTING!” roared Xander but they couldn’t hear him from their roaring match. “IT’S GONNA FALL! IT’S SHAKING!” he tried again but they still weren’t listening.

“JUST LEAVE ME AND XANDER ALONE AND GO PLAY WITH YOUR BARBIES!” William shouted.

“I’M TWELVE YEARS OLD I DON’T PLAY WITH BAAARRRBIES ANYMORE, YOU FREAKY ENGLISH PILLOCK” Buffy mimicked his English accent perfectly.

“What did you just call me?”

“PILLOCK” and that when she lunged for him.

William was taken aback and it took him a few moments to get his bearings and then he tackled her to the floor and with one final crack the tree house started to fall. It was like watching a movie in slow motion the two boys instinctively grabbed onto the tree but Buffy was unbalanced. Neither of the boys could do anything she landed on the ground with a thud and was motionless.

“BUFFY?” called Xander. He started his way down the tree but William was too quick for him and was down there in seconds.

William held her limp body in his muscular arms and was shouting her name and shaking her until she eventually opened her eyes. She took a minute to answer.

“Xander? Is that you?” she put her hand up to her head and felt warm sticky liquid.

“No. It’s me, William!”

“William . . .” but she was to weak to carry on. She took a moment to take in William’s facial features. She never noticed how handsome he was with his high cheek bones and cerulean eyes which had so much emotion behind them. She was thinking at how much nicer looking he was than George Clooney but then reality sunk in. It’s WILLIAM, horrible, nasty William who nearly killed me! And then blackness over came her.

A few days later and she was out of the hospital. Fortunately she only needed five stitches in her head and was kept in for observation. Fortunately William didn’t get away scratch free he had to get sutures in his left eyebrow and they said it would scar. ‘He deserved it’ she thought.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Buffy’s spoiled behaviour was getting worse due to Ben’s continuous attention and at the age of twelve Hank thought he had to do something about it but he knew as long as he was under his fathers roof he wouldn’t allow him do anything to Buffy.

At breakfast Xander walked in on his granddad lying on the kitchen table clutching his chest. His face had a tinge of blue in it and in an instant he knew what had happened.

He was dead.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2 weeks later . . .

Buffy was on a plane to England. Hank had sent her off to boarding school in England.