“I’m not very smart.”

Spike turned to his side, still panting from the exertion of his latest round of lovemaking with Buffy. Her gown was somewhere by the front door and bits of his tuxedo where littering the flat. “What?”

“I’m not very smart,” Buffy repeated. “I mean, your ex is a physicist…”

“Yeah, and my last girlfriend was a Playboy Bunny.”

Buffy glared at him. “Okay, that didn’t help at all, Spike. Now I think my boobs are too small…”

“Bloody hell, woman,” Spike grumbled. “Your boobs are perfect and you’re very smart.”

“I’m not a physicist,” Buffy replied with a pout.

Spike propped himself up on his elbow and looked down at her. “Look, Buffy… Yeah, Fred’s a certified genius. But honestly? Half the time, I had no clue what the woman was talking about. She made me feel dumb.”

“You’re not dumb at all,” Buffy insisted.

“And neither are you,” Spike replied, kissing the tip of her nose. He gave her a crooked grin. “We’re just not physicists. But you’re very insightful and I love talking to you. You have this very nonlinear way of thinking of things, and it’s bloody great. You look at everything in ways I’d never even imagined, and hearing what you think about things… It always keeps me interested.”

“Really? My ex told me I was a rambler and it got on his nerves. He said I’d go on stupid tangents.”

“You go on tangents, but they’re not stupid. They’re adorable.” Spike kissed her softly. “Everything about you is adorable.”

“I didn’t like tonight,” Buffy admitted softly.

“I know,” Spike said, pulling her into his arms. “I’m sorry. I didn’t much care for it either. It was just something I had to do.”

“Do you have to do that sort of thing a lot?”

“More than I’d like.”

Buffy sighed and rolled out of his arms. “We don’t have much of a future, do we?”

Spike frowned hard, his brow furrowing. “I guess I hadn’t really given it a lot of thought.”

“I’m going back to California after Christmas. And then we’ll be at best a thirteen hour plan ride apart, not to mention the eight hour time difference. And I’ll be busy with school, and you’ll be busy, too, with your writing, and your…British lord stuff.”

Spike pulled her back into his arms, his grip almost crushing, and Buffy sucked in a deep breath, her eyes widening and her heart pounding faster, as if she was realizing the full extent of his desire for her for the first time. “We don’t have to say good bye forever,” he told her, his hands tangling in her hair. He paused for a moment breathing in deeply before he spoke again. “We could work something out, keep in touch, see each other when we can.”

“Like a part time thing?” Buffy asked, looking up at him.

“Yeah.” Spike pushed her hair out of her eyes and gave her a smile that broke her heart. “Beats nothing, right?”

She searched his eyes, looking for a place for her. She didn’t fit in his world, but maybe… “William?”

“Yeah?”

“How…how do you feel about me?”

“I’m falling in love with you,” he admitted. “Hard.”

Buffy couldn’t respond to that with words, not with all that stood between them. So she kissed him.

Hard.

*** *** ***


Buffy woke up alone. She frowned, sitting up with the covers clutched to her chest. Every other time she’d woken up in this bed Spike had been right there, curled up around her. “William?” she said, her voice small.

“I’m here, luv,” he said. She turned her head and saw him seated in a chair not from the bed, a notebook in his hands. He’d slipped on a pair of jeans, but hadn’t snapped the top button, and the picture he painted with his bare chest and hips and his tousled brown curls…

Buffy’s mouth went dry. He was gorgeous. And all hers. For now…

“What are you doing?” she asked.

“Writing,” he replied.

“A poem?”

“Yeah.” He swallowed, making his Adam’s apple bob. Buffy had the sudden urge to bite it. “It’s about you.”

That admission made her start. “Really?”

He nodded. “I had to. I was watching you sleep, and…”

Buffy felt her whole body flush. She’d inspired poetry? And by a successful, famous poet no less… “Can I read it?”

“After I’m finished,” Spike told her. “I don’t…I don’t like people reading my poems when they aren’t done. I have to make sure they aren’t bloody awful before I show them off.”

“I doubt anything you write could be ‘bloody awful,’” Buffy replied with a soft smile.

“You’d be surprised.” Spike closed the notebook and set it on the floor, then swaggered over to the bed, Buffy’s eyes centered on his hips, her mouth dry.

“God, you’re a pretty man,” she said, her face lighting up with glee at the thought she got to have him. Even if it was only for a little while…

Spike unzipped his jeans and dropped them before covering her body, lowering her to the bed. He pushed the covers off of her, smirking when he saw her bared to him again. “I’m a lucky man, too,” he said before diving in, sucking and licking her neck. Buffy squealed, squirming beneath him.

“Want me inside?” Spike asked, nipping her earlobe.

“Yes, please,” Buffy replied, grinning. Her legs fell open, and Spike chuckled.

“Eager, baby?”

“Yes.” She thrust her hips up. “You make me feel so good, William…”

His eyes grew dark, the teasing going by the wayside. This woman drove him crazy… He didn’t know how he was going to be able to stand it when she was half way around the world from him.

He didn’t even want to think about that. He pushed inside of her, moaning as she sucked him in, welcoming him into her body. It felt so good…so tight and warm.

“Never felt so good, baby,” he moaned, beginning his thrusts. “Never…”

Buffy held onto him tightly, wanting to just live in the moment. She didn’t want to think about the things she knew could only keep them apart. She only wanted to think about how it felt when they were together. “William…don’t…don’t want to lose this. Don’t want to forget how good it is.”

Spike gritted his teeth, his eyes shut tight. It was too much. Being with her was too intense, too good. He felt everything with her, felt wanted. He barely knew her, and yet he felt like he’d known her forever.

Or been searching for her forever…

“I…I can’t…Buffy…” His hips jerked erratically before pushing down hard, pinning her as he came.

He was breathing hard as he rolled off of her, though he soon looked at her with a chagrined look. “Sorry, luv.”

“It’s okay… It’s kinda hot knowing I can drive you that crazy.”

“You drive me completely insane,” Spike told her, his hand skimming her body. “You’re so fucking tight. It’s hard to keep it together from the first thrust inside. Never been in something so tight…”

“There’s…there’s only been one other man before you,” Buffy admitted with a blush. “And we, um, we only actually went all the way three times, so…”

Buffy was pretty sure his eyes glassed over. “Damn, woman. That makes me way hotter than it probably should.”

She giggled. “You perv.”

His hand crept between her legs, grazing her opening. “Knowing I’ve been in here more than any other man? You have no idea what that does to me, pet.”

“I have some idea,” Buffy replied with a smirk, happy that he seemed turned on by her inexperience and not put off by it like she’d feared. She grabbed his hand and directed it to her clit. “You owe me an orgasm, buddy. Get to it.”

Spike’s hand immediately began to move, his fingers working over the nubbin. Buffy moaned, clinging to his forearm her body already close from having him inside of her. “Don’t…don’t stop…”

“I won’t, baby,” Spike promised, rubbing harder. “This how you need it?”

“Oh yeah…” Buffy replied. “Fuuuuck…that’s good.”

“Close?”

“Uh huh…” She grabbed his head with her free hand and pushed it to her breast. “Suck.”

Spike moaned at her take-charge attitude before pulling her nipple into his mouth, sucking hard and flicking his tongue over the hardened nub. Buffy gasped, her body shaking as she hovered over the edge. “Spike, Spike…please. Make me come, baby. I need to come…”

And he needed her to… His fingers were a blur against her, and it felt so good just to touch her, to feel her shaking beneath him. She was moaning his name, gasping in pleasure, and…

Oh fuck, he was hard again…

He rolled on top of her, pushed into her body, and she screamed in pleasure, the orgasm she’d been desperate for finally hitting her. He moved quickly inside her, the base of his cock rubbing against her nerve center with every thrust. “Oh god, this is good,” Buffy moaned, running her foot up his thigh. “I love this…”

“Me, too,” Spike replied between harsh pants of breath. “Fucking perfect, Buffy.”

Buffy panted for air, her body still shaking from her orgasm. Her nerves were raw, overstimulated. It was too much, pleasure overload.

She was going to come again…

She screamed, shook hard, scratched his back. Her pussy grew even tighter, and Spike cursed low, jerking above her when he came again.

Buffy couldn’t stop shaking, even as Spike rolled off of her. “Wha… Sex can feel like that?”

“Yeah, I just got the memo on that one, too, luv. You… I swear, you make me defy the laws of biology.”

Buffy giggled, feeling way too good to do anything but. Later, she could lament how unfair it was that she wanted a man this much that she couldn’t completely have. Right now, she only wanted to bask in the pleasure he’d given her. “I barely passed biology,” she told him. “And that was only because my roommate stayed up all night helping me study for the final.”

“You know, that turns me on way more than it probably should.”

“That I suck at science?” Buffy asked with a frown.

“No, that you’re young enough for it to still matter that you suck at science. I feel like such a dirty old man.”

“Pfft. Not an old man. Dirty, sure, but in a way sexy way.” She winked at him. “Although, yeah, you’re a total perv for getting a boner thinking about the fact that I still have a ‘teen’ on my age.”

“The practically a virgin thing doesn’t hurt your case either.”

“Okay, I take it back. You’re a dirty old man.”

Spike chuckled and pulled her into his arms, holding her against his chest. “Yeah, well, you seem to be liking that.”

“Apparently. I guess you can call me Lolita.”

“How about not.” Spike kissed the top of her head. “You’re very mature for your age, Buffy. And I’m not just saying that. I can have a better conversation with you than I can have with a lot of people closer to my own age.”

“You mean your Playboy Bunny wasn’t a great conversationalist?”

Spike groaned. “I never should’ve told you that.”

“Nope. It’ll be doing double duty as something to harass you about when I’m in a good mood and something to throw in your face when I’m feeling cranky. Nice going there, buddy.”

“Great.”

“So how were her cans anyway? Nice rack?”

“Fake,” Spike replied. “Not as fun as they looked.”

“Ass,” Buffy said with a smack to his chest, though she couldn’t help but chuckle.

“What? It’s the truth. They were like a couple of water balloons. And she had the fakest sex moan, too. Really, not the best I’ve ever had.”

“Like you actually cared they weren’t real,” Buffy said with a snort.

“I did. Look, as far as I’m concerned, a tit’s a tit. As long as I can paw it and suck it, I don’t really care how big it is. What matters more to me is how the woman responds when I do. And listening to you when I’ve got your breast in my mouth is so bloody erotic, Buffy. And they way you grab my hair to hold me in place…” He trembled at the mere thought of it. “Makes me so hard.”

Buffy frowned, mulling what he’d said over for a moment before she replied with, “You know, that was almost romantic.”

“Plus, yours probably won’t ever sag all that much.”

Buffy smacked his chest. “And that ruined it.”

He laughed. “Really, baby, I have no problem with your chest at all. Or any part of you. I think you’re perfect just being you.”

He spoke without artifice, and Buffy knew he meant what he said. It was a good feeling, knowing a man was as attracted to her as Spike was. “I like you like you are, too.” She snuggled closer to him, yawning as her eyes closed. “Sleep now. More sex tomorrow.”

“Sounds good to me, pet,” Spike told her with a chuckle before he kissed the top of her head.

She held him tightly, drifting off to sleep as more lines of poetry swam through his mind.


Chapter End Notes:
Sorry the updates aren’t coming very quickly with this one. I’ve been (and still am) blocked.