Author's Chapter Notes:
(I’d just like to thank Pet and Chriss Nicole for BETAing this story for me:)

Thank you to all of those who reviewed on the last chapter:) smlcspike, buffy25122003, Pet and Casey :)
Chapter 4:


"Lunch was wonderful Joyce, thank you so much for having us all over." Giles smiled and gave Joyce a brief hug. Buffy's relatives had long since gone home, leaving Buffy, Dawn and Willow to talk to the band members. Giles and Joyce had also gotten a chance to catch up with each other. It was known that Joyce Summers and Rupert Giles once had been an item, although they had broken up when Giles had left for England. Now, years later, they had both found love elsewhere. But to this day they still felt a strong bond connecting them.


"It was no problem at all, I enjoyed the company," Joyce assured him, watching as the band members all made their way from the lounge room towards the front door, where she and Giles were standing. Giles had opened the door and was halfway out when Spike started speaking.


"Happy birthday bit, you take care alright." Spike smiled, watching as Tara hugged her mothers thighs, half hiding behind them. Having all these people she hardly knew towering over her was an intimidating thing, and Tara wasn't one for big crowds of grown ups.


"Bye Willium. Don't forget." Tara bent her fingers in and out softly, waving at Spike from behind her mother. He just smiled at her and winked, causing her to giggle. He gave Buffy a smile as well before finally leaving, heading out to wait by the car.


"Auditions tomorrow, you better be there!" Xander said, shaking Buffy's hand goodbye. Anya waved at Joyce and Buffy before following Xander out the door.


"We'll see you tomorrow," Angel said, giving Buffy a look that sent shivers up her spine, and not in a good way. The half smile on his face made her uncomfortable. At Buffy's brief nod, he turned and walked out the door, briefly thanking Joyce for having them over.


"Bye Willow." Oz smiled as he took Willow's hand in his and kissed it lightly. "Was nice meeting you all." He turned to Joyce and Buffy with a smile.


"See ya, Oz." Willow sighed dreamily as Oz made his way out the door to where the rest of the band members were already standing, waiting. After watching them all leave, Buffy closed the door and followed her mother, Willow, Dawn and Tara into the lounge room.


Plonking herself down onto the couch, Buffy shuddered. "That Angel guy gives me the creeps." She picked up her daughter and sat her on her lap. Tara lay her head down on her mothers shoulder, wrapping her arms around Buffy's neck. Buffy started to rub circles on the little girl’s back, realizing that the long day was finally starting to catch up with the youngest Summers member, as her eyes were starting to close. It didn’t take long before she was asleep, oblivious to the chatter around her.


"Oz is so cute!" Willow gushed, having taken a seat next to Buffy on the lounge, Dawn taking the other side. Joyce was siting in the single chair. A blush spread on her face as Buffy raised her eyebrows in a suggestive manner.


"Willow has a crush…" Dawn sing songed, laughing at Willows embarrassment. "Don't worry about it, besides, I think Xander was pretty cute." She smiled.


Buffy hit her arm. "Dawn, you have a boyfriend, not to mention Xander is going out with Anya."


Before Dawn could say anything else, Joyce interrupted her; "Would you girls like a drink? I'm about to go put the kettle on." She started to get up from her chair.


"Mom, sit down, I'll do it" Buffy started to get up, and in the process jostled Tara, whose eyes flew open. Joyce just smiled and shook her head.


"I don't mind, I'll be back in a few minutes." She then made her way into the kitchen. The clinking sound of cups, and the switch of the kettle being turned on could soon be heard. Tara's eyes once again started to drift, only to open again when Spike’s name was mentioned.


"So Buffy, did you like any of the guys? Huh? You and Spike seemed to make with the clickage at least, Angel seemed to just throw these strange glances your way, kinda creepy," Willow said, poking Buffy when she mentioned the obvious connection between her and Spike. Tara lifted her head from her mothers shoulder and turned to look at Willow.


"I liked Willium. He watched movies with me and promised he would come over tomorrow again." Tara smiled as Willow moved her gaze from the young girl to Buffy.


"Baby, I don't think..." Buffy started, but was cut of by Tara, who was now most definitely awake.


"He promised he would… we haven't finished our game yet," she explained, looking into her mothers eyes.


"What game?" Dawn asked curiously, giving Buffy a puzzled look before turning back to Tara, who was smiling.


"Shh! It's a secret, I'm not supposed to tell." She placed her fingers over her lips, eyes sparkling with excitement.


...................................Giles’ Apartment............................................................


"So, Oz my man. Chatting it up with Red a bit?" Spike smirked, smacking Oz on the back before seating himself next to his fellow band mate on Giles’ couch. Oz's face started to brighten, which caused Xander to start giggling.


"Shut up, man!" Oz glared at Xander and hit Spike on the arm. It wasn't a hard punch, but Spike still rubbed his arm as if Oz had really hurt him.


"Speaking of chatting up… You and Buffy, hey!" Angel smiled, coming to sit down in one of Giles’ single chairs, a cup in his hand. He gave Spike a knowing look and smirked.


"Don't even start, mate." Spike glared at Angel, a warning look on his face. Angel was known as the kind of guy who dated a chick for a little while, slept with her a few times, and then dumped her before moving on to the next sad morsel. "She's a nice bird, doesn't deserve that." Spike slumped further back on the couch.


"Deserve what?" Angel asked, playing dumb.


"You know what I mean." Spike sighed. Xander and Anya could be heard in the background, talking to Giles as they were putting on their jackets. They soon came
around to the front of the lounges.


"Me and Anya are gonna head over to The Bronze. Work everything out for tomorrow, make sure it's all set up." Xander pointed to the door, grabbed the keys from the bench and made his way out, his arm wrapped around Anya’s shoulders.


"Later," Oz said, watching them leave whilst Spike and Angel glared at each other from across the room. Giles was watching them from the kitchen. Spike had only known Buffy for a few hours, and was already looking out for her well being. 'Ahh....to be young and in love,' he thought to himself with a smile, remembering his own life as a young man, all those years ago.


.............................Summer's House......................................................


"This is really nice, Mrs Summers," Willow smiled, raising her cup of tea in indication.


"Joyce. Willow, you've known me for years. Call me Joyce, please!" Joyce insisted, looking at Willow who just nodded and smiled. They were all in the lounge room, drinking tea or coffee. Tara was laying down on one seat on the couch, her head placed on Buff's lap. Buffy was running her fingers through Tara's hair. The girl's eyes closed, and she soon started snoring softly.


"So Buffy, what are you gonna tomorrow? Your voice is one of the best in this town. Are you gonna do it?" Dawn asked from her position on the floor. She was sitting with her back resting against the couch.


"I don’t know. I mean, I'd love to do it, but Tara…" Buffy looked down at her sleeping daughter and let a smile tug at the corner of her mouth.


"Is this about the band audition, dear?" Joyce asked, sipping from her mug. Willow nodded, Buffy's soft 'Yeah' followed. "I think you should do it. If you’ll get it, then that's great." Joyce smiled, then stopped as she saw the look on her daughter’s face.


"But then I'd be traveling, and won't be here." Buffy sighed again, still stroking her daughters hair.


"Come on Buffy, it would only be for a few weeks, me and Mom can look after Tara!" Dawn gave Buffy an assuring smile, lightly caressing her niece’s tiny fingers as they were hugging Buffy's legs.


"Me too," Willow added, sitting up straighter in the chair. Tara started to stir and wriggle and Buffy stood and picked her daughter up. The girl wrapped her arms and legs around Buffy, holding on tight.


"I'll be back in a minute," Buffy said, making her way up the stairs and into Tara's room. She could hear soft whispered voices from downstairs as the three women started plotting how to get Buffy to accept when she would return.


Putting Tara down in her bed, Buffy sat down next to her. Tucking the sheets up around her daughter, she started whispering. "What would you think if I went away for a little while, to sing with William?" Tara's chest kept rising and falling in a steady beat. Buffy smiled and stood.


"Willium told me about his band. He said he would look after you and I could see you on the TV, and I can call you everyday." Buffy sat back down on the bed as Tara smiled up at her mother. "I think it's good."


"You'd be ok with me going away for a few weeks?" Buffy asked, not sure if she had heard her daughter correctly. But Tara nodded in response.


"Grams and Dawn and Auntie Willow will look after me." Buffy removed the hair that had fallen into Tara's eyes and brushed it off of her forehead. Leaning down, Buffy then placed a kiss on the top of her daughters head.


"Sweet dreams, baby," she whispered softly before getting up. Then she left the room, after turning Tara's night light on.


Buffy slowly made her way down the stairs. Thoughts of how it would be like to finally be able to live the dream she thought long since out of her reach kept rushing through her head. To sing in front of a crowd… Touring, and play music at so many different venues. To be loved, and looked upon with awe instead of horror. She walked into the lounge room and sat back down on the seat she had been occupying before she went upstairs.


"So, we were thinking that..." Dawn started, but Buffy cut her off.


"I'll do it." she whispered, looking up to meet her mother’s eyes. Dawn's squeal broke the silence, along with Willow’s laughter.


"This is so awesome! My sister is going to be a member of Loves Bitch, God, I can't wait to tell everyone!" Dawn chattered on.


"This calls for celebration!" Willow jumped up, grabbed Buffy's hand and pulled her up along with Dawn. Then looking around the room, Willow couldn't think of any way to celebrate. Sitting at home, drinking wine just didn't feel right. This was big news.


"Why don't you guys go over to The Bronze? I'll look after Tara. If she wakes up asking for you, I'll just call you." Joyce smiled, seeing the grin appear on Buffy's face as she grabbed her jacket. With one arm through the sleeve and the other half way in, she kissed her mother on the cheek before grabbing her keys, purse and
phone and was then dragged out to the car by a very eager Dawn and Willow.


....................................Giles Apartment...............................................


"It's 8:30 and we’re sitting here in Giles’ apartment, and I'm bored out of my mind!" Angel groaned, slapping a hand across his face as he leaned back on the couch.


"Well, if you’re so bored, then by all means go out and do something," Giles said in an irritated voice. He had been trying to read the ending of his book for the last half an hour, but constantly got interrupted by Angel and his whining. Spike and Oz just looked on in amusement.


"Ok, that's it. I'm going to the Bronze," Angel said, standing up swiftly and grabbed his jacket.


"The great almighty poof does have a bit of a point," Spike said, watching Angel walk out the door. Giles raised his eyebrows at his nephew. "No offense," Spike continued, standing. Giles just nodded. Spike looked down at Oz, who looked at Giles.


"I'm coming." He stood up as well and grabbed his keys. Slipping on his leather duster, Spike opened the door and stepped outside, letting the night light encase
him. Not knowing what they were going to do once they had arrived at The Bronze, or who they were going to run into, he and Oz started up the van and made the 10 minutes car ride over.


Watching the door close behind them, Giles let out a huge sigh. "Bye. Don't be in any rush to come back," he said quietly, once again picking up his book. Taking a sip from his cup of tea, he readjusted his glasses and started reading. 'Bout time I got some piece and quiet.'


Chapter End Notes:
Another chapter down lol and many more to come....hope you all enjoyed it.....sorry for the delayed update...I had a bit of writers block.....their's some spuffy loving coming soon so keep reading.............let me know what you all thought.:) reviews greatly appreciated