Author's Chapter Notes:
I know it’s taken me a while to upload chapters to this story… but with school and finishing I’d Lie.. This story kind of got pushed further to the back of my mind. Anyway I’m going to try and start uploading to this faster.


Again, as always thank you to everyone who reviewed on the last chapter: PhotographyNut, cordykitten, Pet and Sotia.


ALSO thank you again to my lovely beta who took the time to edit this chapter for me Chriss Nicole:) *hugs*
Chapter 18:


“I’ll set the spare room up for you, Cordelia.” Joyce smiled, lifting Cordy’s bags from the car and gestured for her to follow as she and Buffy walked towards the front door.


“You really didn’t have to-”


“Nonsense.” Joyce cut her off, waiting for Buffy to unlock the door. “We’re here to help you and I won’t have you sleeping in a dump like Sunnydale Inn.” Buffy smiled towards them both and stood aside, holding the door open to let them in. “Honestly, what were they thinking.”


“We’re back.” Buffy yelled, taking off her coat and helping Cordelia out of hers. Buffy was met with silence.


“Dear, would you like a cup of tea?” Joyce asked Cordelia, walking towards the kitchen.


“I’m fine, thank you.” She smiled, hovering next to Buffy.


“Let’s go upstairs and I’ll show you to your room.” Buffy smiled, lifting Cordelia’s bag with her good arm. “Well it’s my sister, Dawn's room, But she lives with her boyfriend so…” Her bandaged arm stinging as she ascended the stairs.


……………………………….....


“I LIIIIVE…So tell what mortal needs my protection great ancestor. You just say the word and I’m there.”


“Mushu...”


“Hey, let me say something. Anybody who’s foolish enough to threaten our family. Vengeance will be MIIINE…”



Buffy smiled hearing her daughters giggles through her bedroom door. She set Cordelia’s bag down next to the spare bedroom door and motioned for her to follow her down the corridor.


“Hello? Hello!….Hello!”


“He’s funny,” Tara giggled.


“He is,” she heard Spike reply.


“Uh oh.” Buffy smiled to her self, shaking her head as she pushed the door to her room open. Tara, Dawn and Spike were all spread out on her bed watching a movie. Tara snuggled into Spike’s lap as she giggled at the characters on her TV. Dawn was stretched back onto the headboard.


“Uh, Stoney?…Stoney!-”


“Hi guys.”


“Mommy!” Tara squealed, wriggling out of Spike’s lap and clambering down the bed to rush to her side.


“Hey, sweetie,” with her good arm, Buffy lifted Tara into her arms and balanced her on one hip. “Their’s someone I want you to meet.” Dawn, for the first time broke her gaze from the movie and glanced at the guest Buffy had brought home. Spike slid to the end of the bed and sat with his legs hanging off the edge.


Tara always the shy little girl, buried her face into her mother’s neck.


“This is Cordelia.” Buffy turned her back to Dawn and Spike.


“Hello,” Cordy whispered, giving Tara a small wave. Tara whispered something into Buffy’s ear making her laugh. “What did she say?” Cordy asked, a puzzled look on her face.


“She asked,” Buffy laughed. “Why you have a balloon under your shirt.”


“Oh.” Cordy smiled, running a hand down her bulging belly.


“Remember the photo’s mommy showed you when she was pregnant with you?” Buffy asked, shifting Tara in her arms when the weight became to much. Tara nodded against Buffy’s neck and glanced briefly at Cordy’s stomach. “Well that’s what Cordelia is. She’s pregnant.” Buffy stopped talking as Tara whispered something in her ear. Spike smiled watching Tara slide down Buffy’s hip.


Tara slowly walked over to Cordy and stopped right in front of her. Her head coming up to the underside of Cordy’s round belly.


“She want’s to listen to the baby.” Buffy nodded to her daughter who was staring at her.


“Oh,” Cordy glanced down and took her hands from her belly. “Ok.”


“It’s ok sweetie.” Buffy smiled, stepping forward and kneeling down to Tara’s height. She helped place her hands on the underside of Cordy’s belly and smiled hearing her daughter gasp.


Spike smiled seeing the happiness on Buffy and Tara’s faces. He’d do anything to keep them that ecstatic. He glanced at Cordelia’s face and then back to her belly. He thought briefly what it would feel like to see Buffy that pregnant. Not with anyone else’s child but his. He didn’t notice Dawn watching him, a grin on her face knowing exactly what he was thinking.


Knowing now wasn’t the time to explain to Tara that Cordelia was carrying her baby brother or sister she picked her up and once again balanced her weight onto one hip. Wincing as the movement scratched against her sore and caused the bandage to come loose.


“Dawnie can you help Cordy set her things up in the spare room. I need to-” Buffy struggled to hold Tara in her arms as well as trying to avoid hitting her arm again.


“Here, Pet.” Spike stood and gathered Tara into his arms before turning and placing her on the bed to watch the rest of the movie. Dawn stood and made her way over to a stumped Cordy.


“Is that-”


“C’mon and I’ll explain everything. My sister keeps forgetting to tell everyone about the small detail that involves her life and celebrities.” Cordelia followed Dawn out of the room and down the hall to where her bags were sitting.


“You ok, Luv?” Spike asked, coming to stand next to Buffy once Tara was settled down on the bed.


“Yeah,” Buffy whispered sitting on the side of her bed, her back and arm to her daughter. She didn’t want Tara to have to see another one of her scars. “It just stings.”


Spike knelt down on the floor in front of Buffy and brought her injured arm to her lap. He was gentle with his movements and slowly unraveled the bandage. Once her cut was exposed Buffy winced. The movements having caused the stitches to stretch and bleed.


“How bout we take this into the bathroom to get cleaned up, Luv?” Spike asked, standing and offering his hand to Buffy.


“Sweetie we’ll be right back.” She was met with silence and cast a quick glance to Tara who was engrossed in the movie.


I'm never gonna catch
my breath
Say good-bye to those
who knew me
Boy, was I a fool in school
for cutting gym
This guy's got 'em
scared to death
Hope he doesn't see
right through me
Now I really wish that I
knew how to swim



With a shake of her head, Buffy let Spike lead her to the bathroom. Tara always went into a trance when her Disney movies were played. She was watching Mulan and whenever songs came on she always stared at the screen.


“So…” Spike started, lifting Buffy to sit on the counter. “What’s with the bird?” He reached behind Buffy to pick the first aid kit up.


“Riley’s newest victim.” She winced as she touched the tender skin around the cut.


“Don’t do that, Pet.” Spike brushed her hand away and swiped some antiseptic onto a gauze pad to clean around the wound.


“Lorne…Sunnydale police are trying to find Riley to put him away for good,” she winced again, letting a tear fall from her eyes at the pain.


“I’m sorry, Pet.” Spike met her eyes before going back to cleaning her wound.


“They need us as witnesses. Ow!” She cried out, tears falling freely as she pulled her arm in closer to her.


“Sorry!” Spike exclaimed putting the antiseptic covered gauze down “Sorry,” in a softer voice he reached for a clean bandage.


“It’s ok.” Buffy winced, turning her head away from the wound as he wrapped it up.


A few minutes later his movements stopped and he placed his hands on either side of her on the bench.


“All done,” she turned her head to meet his gaze and gasped finding his face a lot closer to hers than she had expected.


“Thank you.” She whispered, leaning forward to capture his lips in a chaste kiss. But Spike was having none of that. He curled one hand around her neck and pulled her in to meet him. Spike pushed his tongue into her mouth and let out a moan as Buffy’s tongue came out to play with his. Spike’s moved his hips to push their way in between her spread legs and smirked into the kiss as Buffy gasped and wrapped a leg around his hip.


Tara’s giggles from the bedroom broke through Buffy’s muddled mind and she pulled back.


“We shouldn't-”


“I know, Pet.” Spike captured her lips briefly. “Jus’ can’ resist you is all.”


“You’re sweet,” she smiled, hopping off the bench with his help. “I should go and help Cordelia settle in.”


“Is she going to be ok?” Spike asked as they walked into the hallway.


“She will be.” Buffy said her voice full of determination. She wasn’t going to let Riley ruin someone else’s life. She vowed to herself that no matter what, she was going to be there for Cordelia. Help her get back on her feet. After Riley was put behind bars where he belonged of course.


Chapter End Notes:
i'd love to know what your thinking... and don't worry the next chapter will be up soon