Ok, now I'm really messing with things, throwing in some things from Season 1, and a bit of 2. But, since this is a totally alternate reality fic, it's going to be tweaked around.
Chapter 3
TWO YEARS LATER

Thinking back over the events of the past two years, Buffy realized how naive she had been. She knew her life wasn't going to be the same, but she had no idea the magnitude of that change. The memories starting rolling over like they had just happened the day before, and Buffy took a brief moment to indulge in thoughts of the past and became completely absorbed in her memories.......
*******

It had taken a long time for her to stop looking over her shoulder after her innocence had been completely shattered that night in Vegas. Everywhere she went, her eyes would study her surroundings, looking out for any sight of a man with bleached blonde hair and who was as handsome as the devil. The ultimate bad boy, she had thought when she had first laid eyes on him. She just had no idea HOW bad. She had come to terms with the fact that he was a monster, something that shouldn't even exist except in bad cinema films. A vampire. Little did she know how intimately acquainted she would become with vampires in the not too distant future.

Her parents had tried prying details out of her about the night, but Buffy would just clamp her mouth shut and shake her head furiously, refusing to share any details of what had her flying like a bat out of hell into her dad's arms, sobbing hysterically that fateful night. That earned her quite a few trips to see various shrinks, but Buffy didn't dare tell them the truth. Really, who would believe her? She wouldn't even have believed her. So she bore the burden alone in silence.

It didn't surprise Buffy that this caused her parents relationship to further deteriorate, she knew there was no hope for reconciliation now. Buffy's mom, Joyce, blamed her dad for "it", and Buffy just threw that on the heaping pile that was known as her guilt. A few months after Vegas, she and her mom moved to a town a few hours north of LA called Sunnydale. Buffy started a new school and surprisingly made a few friends right away. Willow and Xander, two social outcasts that fit her perfectly. Miss Popularity was not a role that she felt comfortable wearing any longer, and Xander and Willow were just what she needed. There were no pretenses with them, she could just be... Buffy. They accepted that and Buffy realized that they were the first real friends she had ever had. It made her embrace them even more, knowing how rare a thing that was to find.

Then IT happened, one more life-changing occurrence right as she sat in the middle of history class. She could practically feel it; something invading every cell in her body, creating a myriad of changes not the very least being a sudden surge of power. She felt strong and judging by how easily her pencil snapped without her even trying, she WAS strong.

It was big with the weird.

For some reason, it hadn't really surprised her when she got a summons to the library soon after that.

 Still feeling way weird, Buffy had gathered her books, shrugged at Willow's baffled look and set out in the direction of the library. She had been there once before, but the creepy librarian had given her the major wiggins so she never went back.

On her way there, she snorted. What kind of a loser gets called out of class to report to the LIBRARY?

She pushed open the heavy wooden double doors and glanced around the seemingly empty room. "Helllloooo," she called out.

The creepy librarian darted out from his office and stopped short when he saw her standing there. "Ah yes, Miss. Summers. So good of you to join me."

Buffy looked around with a skeptical look on her face. "Wanna tell me WHY I'm here?"

Pushing his glasses up further on the bridge of his nose, Buffy watched as he scurried over to the check out desk: something in the crisp cultured British voice betrayed his nervousness. "Yes well, perhaps this will explain a few things." He reached under the desk and pulled out a huge old musty book and slammed it down right in front of her.

Buffy looked down at the title then looked up into the completely serious face of the librarian and a series of hysterical giggles erupted from her. The title of the book was VAMPYRS. How appropriate.

Giles looked at her in disbelief. "I assure you, this is not a laughing matter. These creatures do exist."

Suddenly her face switched expressions so quickly, Giles almost wished for the humored one to return. Pain now haunted her eyes, making her look years older than her 16 years.

"I know," Buffy announced quietly, gathering her hair up at the back of her head, lifting it up and tipped her face to the side so that the side of her neck was exposed to view.

Giles saw the jagged twin puncture scars marring her skin and gave a swift intake of breath. "Good lord! How did they know?"

Buffy dropped her hair and the look in her eyes became confused. "Huh? Know what?"

"That you would become the Slayer."

"And again with the Huh?"
**************
Buffy was jerked out of her reverie by the sound of a car horn. Her thoughts quickly skimmed over learning about becoming the slayer, her training, Giles, the vampires... But, surprisingly, that hadn't been the biggest shock of the last two years. No, that came about just after she became the Slayer. She could still remember it like it was yesterday...
***************
She and her new Watcher, the wow not so much with the creepy librarian, Giles, were training after school in the library. She had been the Slayer for almost a month, slipping into the role with startling ease. Her new supernatural strength empowered her, she could feel her shattered self confidence finally being restored to what it had been before that night in Vegas. She would never be a victim again and it was a liberating feeling. Buffy had given Giles a G rated version of how she had acquired the bite marks on her neck, unable to bring herself to share the intimate details with anyone. It was still too traumatic and raw.

But being the Slayer was like being given the keys to a new life; a whole new world had opened up to her and she embraced it with relish, much to her Watcher's delight. Her friends, Xander and Willow had been let in on the "big secret", and almost seemed in awe of Buffy. As far as Giles was concerned, he could not have hoped for a better Slayer. She trained hard and took her calling seriously and she was deadly accurate.

When he had first been informed that he would be the Watcher for the next Slayer, he had been ecstatic. However, when he learned his soon-to-be charge was a sixteen year old girl living in a beach town in California, he feared the worst. It wasn't until he arrived in Sunnydale and took his position as head librarian at the school Buffy was attending that he discovered his fears were for naught. From what he could surmise, the girl in question was serious, almost seeming to carry an air of sadness about her. She was a tiny thing, But Giles knew very well how deceptive appearances could be. So he set out to wait for the demise of the current Slayer, an almost morbid task, but one grounded in reality. As soon as the current Slayer died, Buffy would be called to take her place. Her body would be infused with the ancient strength and knowledge.

In short, she would become the chosen one.

The wait had turned out to be a short one, a scant few months after Buffy arrival in Sunnydale. Giles had been stunned when she revealed the bite marks to him and realized just how lucky the girl was that she escaped with her life. As a result of her attack, Giles had no problems convincing her of the seriousness of her calling. Buffy threw herself into it 100%, not trying to shirk any part of it except some of the research and complained very little.

So it came as a bit of a shock to Giles when Buffy seemed out of sorts during training that particular afternoon. "Buffy really, you must pay attention, the slightest lapse could result in your death."

Buffy's breath was coming in heaving pants, and her color could only be described as ashen, which was a far cry from her usual healthy tanned complexion. "Sorry, Giles. My stomach's been feeling all kinds of funky. Maybe I'm coming down with something."

Willow, who had been watching the training session while she drank can of soda, suggested, "Maybe it's just a bit of PMS."

Giles grimaced in her direction. "Thank you Willow for your input." Willow just shrugged in his direction, as she continued to sip from her straw. When they looked over at Buffy, they both noted with alarm that Buffy had turned deathly pale. Her grey pallor had turned into a shocking chalky paleness, and her eyes had grown huge with horror.

"Buffy?" Willow questioned, concern highly evident in her voice.

Giles reached out and touched her arm. "Buffy, are you all right?"

Buffy's eyes didn't seem to be focusing as she shook her head slowly in response to Giles question. "No," she whispered.

Giles led Buffy over to a chair, and she sat down heavily into it, her eyes still wide with fear.

"Buffy, is there anything I can do to help?" Giles asked gently, confused by his charge's behavior.

Tears crowded Buffy's eyes and she began shaking her head slowly in mute horror. "Oh god.... Giles..."

"Are you hurting anywhere? Do I need to get you to a hospital? Should I call your mother?" Giles questioned, looking helplessly at Willow. Willow didn't seem to know what to do with her friend either. Going over to the side of her chair, Willow crouched down beside Buffy and grabbed her hands.

"Buffy, what can we do to help?"

Tears began streaming down Buffy's face, and she closed her eyes in an effort to get her emotions under control. Oh god, it couldn't be. Not that.

"Buffy?" She heard Giles ask. "What is it?"

Taking a deep breath, Buffy opened her tears streaked eyes and said almost inaudibly, "I think I'm pregnant."

Buffy didn't need to look at Giles face to know he wore a stunned look, she could feel it boring into her. Oh god, everything about that night... Again, Giles looked at Willow helplessly. Buffy could have kissed her friend when she stepped in to take charge of the situation. Buffy had kept everything locked inside of her for so long now, that even this small admission had made her pay dearly. It was like she had been dealt a savage blow, and the squeezing pain in her heart was astounding.

Standing up, Willow announced, "Ok. Well hey, let's make sure. Giles, I'm just going to go run down to the drugstore, and uh, buy, uh... well, you know. That...uh.. thing.." Giles nodded, grateful the redhead was taking care of that little detail. Buffy looked at her with profound gratitude, the tears streaming down her face once again.

Giles felt completely out of his element here. He was supposed to be this girl's Watcher yet he was finding it next to impossible to keep his feelings for her impartial as was Council policy. In the month that she had been called, this was the first display of weakness she had shown and Giles quite honestly did not know how to handle it. Mumbling that he was going to make her a nice cup of tea, he disappeared into his office, leaving her alone.

Willow was back in less than fifteen minutes carrying a small paper bag. She handed it to Buffy, blushing a bit. But it had been nothing compared to the perpetual flush of mortification that had adorned her face the entire time at the drug store. It had been mortifying for Willow, who had never even been kissed by a guy before. Well, not in a boyfriend, girlfriend sort of way.

With Willow joining her for moral support, Buffy took the pregnancy test into the bathroom. Her hands were shaking so badly, she almost dropped the test in the toilet, but she finished and brought it out to wait the allotted 3 minutes.

Two minutes later, Buffy was staring slack mouthed at the + sign in the test window. She looked up at Willow, her gaze pleading. "Tell me it's not."

Willow looked over at her, hoping the shock wasn't evident on her face. Not able to answer, she just went and engulfed Buffy in a hug. It startled her a bit when Buffy clung to her in desperation, crying hysterically. Like Giles, she had never seen Buffy not in control of herself and wanted to blame it on her new pregnancy hormones but Willow had the bad feeling it was something else.

Finally, Buffy lifted her head up, sniffling hard, and told Willow that she needed to go talk to Giles. Willow nodded, and keeping her arm around Buffy, led her back to the library. Since it was after school, they didn't have to worry about meeting anyone else in the halls.

Giles looked up sharply as they entered through the double doors, his face asking the silent question. He could see the tears still glistening on her face and his stomach sank as he prepared himself for the news.

"I'm pregnant, Giles."

He let out a pent up breath, trying to work out in his mind the right thing to say. This had not been covered during his watcher's training, What To Do When Your Slayer Winds Up Pregnant. He tried to work up a comforting smile. "Well... I suppose we have some things to discuss."

Buffy's laughter was sudden and inappropriate. "Oh, you have no idea..."

Giles gestured for her to sit and placed a cup of tea in front of her. Buffy picked it up gratefully, glad to have something to do with her hands. Willow sat on the other side of Buffy with Giles on the other side of the table.

"So..." Giles began, his discomfort growing by the second. "First, I believe you should be made aware that you are not the first Slayer in history to be with child."

Buffy decided to go for bluntness. "Yes, but am I the first be knocked up by a vampire?"

Giles cup of tea fell unnoticed from his hands as he stared at her in utter shock. "What on earth are you suggesting?"

"I'm not suggesting anything, Giles. I'm telling you. The father of this baby was a vampire."

Giles shook his head in denial. "But that.... it is truly impossible. Vampires are, by all account, dead. And that includes their sperm...." His voice trailed off when it penetrated his brain the implications of her statement. "Oh good lord."

Willow looked as stunned as Giles. "You...uh.. did it... with a vampire?"

"I didn't KNOW he was a vampire!" Buffy cried in defense.

"The bite marks.... on your neck....." Giles announced, and Buffy could just see the wheels at work there.

"Yeah." She admitted quietly. And then finally, after three months of keeping it repressed, she allowed the sordid story to come out, leaving out very few details. How she had met the vampire, all the way up until she noticed his lack of reflection in the mirror. Her smashing him over the head with the telephone and her rapid fleeing from Vegas. She was a tearful mess by the time she finished, but it felt wonderfully liberating to get it out finally, to unload it. She knew it had been sucking the life out of her, keeping it locked away inside of her like she had been. But now? Now she had other shit to deal with.

"Oh god, how am I going to tell my mom?" she cried, panic gripping her once again.

PRESENT DAY

Buffy was once again interrupted from her reminiscing by a sound, but this time it was a familiar noise. Looking down into the stroller, a loving smile stretched across her face as she looked into the beautiful blue eyes of her child.

"Hey, look who's awake." Buffy knelt down in front of the stroller and released the seatbelt harness, lifting her precious cargo out and setting him down on the ground for him to toddle around the small enclosed park. As always, seeing her son's smiling face sent a shock of joy through her; she never thought she could love something as much as she loved Blake. He had become her entire world.

It hadn't been easy. Oh no, the road that had led here had been rocky and full of peril, but Buffy wouldn't have given up a minute of it. Her mom had been her saving grace and Buffy had a completely newfound respect for her now. Their relationship had gone through so much over the last few years, but it had brought them closer and for that, Buffy would be eternally grateful.

Being a pregnant high school sophomore had been a nightmare. Being a pregnant high school sophomore and the Slayer had been excruciating. But Buffy had endured with the help of her friends, her Watcher, and her mom.

God, her mom. She'd had Buffy's pregnancy AND her new Slayer status dumped on her at once. But she had come through for her and Buffy was positive she couldn't have done it without her.

Her biggest fear during her pregnancy was that the child would not be human and even with multiple ultrasounds showing a healthy normal baby boy, it wasn't until after the birth that Buffy began to relax a bit. Blake appeared to be completely human and Buffy fell madly in love with him the minute he was born.

Now, she was in her senior year, Blake had just turned one and Buffy finally felt like she was finally hitting her stride. Her mom watched Blake while she was at school, taking him to the gallery with her and then again while she patrolled at night. Blake had definitely brought them closer together and Buffy was truly thankful for that. Joyce had not been told about the father of the baby being a vampire though, and Buffy was beginning to feel the guilt of that deception. At the time, she and Giles had decided that her mom had enough to deal with without throwing her daughter getting knocked up by the undead into the mix.

Giles had asked repeatedly for a description of the vampire who had "assaulted" Buffy and that was the one thing she refused to give. That was for her alone, as well as his name. Sometimes, late at night, she would think about the night, replaying it in her head and would often find herself confused. The man she discovered was a vampire had not seemed evil, except at the end when she had reacted in terror. But as quickly as those thoughts penetrated, Buffy pushed them back frantically. No, she was not going there. She was not going to think about HIM. But, she was reminded of him everyday. Every time she looked at her son, she saw him.

 Her son had his face.
Buffy's cell phone rang, and she dug it out of her pocket. Blake whined a bit at the loss of momentum by her inattention to the swing, and as soon as Buffy had answered, she resumed pushing her child, much to his squealing delight.

"Hey Wills, what's up?"

"Buffy! Bronzing action tonight?"

Buffy thought for a moment. "I'll see if mom can watch Blake, and if so, yeah. I'm totally on it."

"Awesome! Xander's going, and a few others. Oz's band is playing."

"Coolness! I'm at the park right now. I'll check with mom and call you back." Buffy hung up with Willow, mentally blessing her friend who had been there for her through everything. Buffy pushed Blake a bit more then packed him back up in the stroller and jogged home.

Later on, she called Willow and told her that she was on for the Bronze that evening. Her mom was happy to watch Blake. It pained her to see Buffy have so much responsibility at such a young age and if she ever got a hold of that Watcher's Council, she would give them a swift kick in the ass for pinning such a horrendous duty on such a young girl. Especially HER little baby girl. And now her little baby girl had her own baby and as difficult as it was, Joyce was head over heels in love with her grandson. And, it gave her great pleasure watching Buffy being a mom.

Buffy got ready to go out that evening, putting a bit more care into her appearance than she normally did. Makeup was of the good, and she pinned her hair up. She had stopped trying to cover the scars on her neck, refusing to let them bother her anymore. There was one good thing had resulted from that night and it was sitting in the playpen watching her get ready. He was so easy going, so calm, and he seemed years older than he was, especially when he just stared at her like he was doing now, as if he was studying her. Sometimes it gave her the wiggins because she knew his dad had that same penetrating stare. Like father, like son, she thought with some amusement.

When she was ready, Buffy snatched Blake from the playpen and ran downstairs, plopping him in her mother's lap. She bent down and gave them both a kiss and headed to the Bronze, completely unaware that a blonde stranger had blown into town with the sole intent of taking out the Slayer.