Chapter Two:


Buffy broke the uncomfortable silence that followed Willow’s departure by asking, “Where are you staying? How will I find you tomorrow night?”

“I’ll be in one of the crypts in Sunnydale cemetery. Tell me where to be tomorrow night and I’ll meet you there.”

(Or, you could spend the night with me)

“Oh.” Buffy tried not to sound disappointed. “ I thought it might be good if you came in with me. Less chance of accidental stakeage that way. But if you don’t want to…

(If you don’t want me with you)

The two super-powered blonds stood a few feet apart – neither one wanting to say good night and neither one willing to admit it.

“Well…”

“I guess….”

“I was just going to say, I should probably be getting in. I mean if you don’t want – if you don’t need any help finding a crypt – or anything. “

(If you don’t want me)

“Sure, pet, I’ll be fine. I still remember where the cemeteries are in Sunnydale. Sleep tight, Slayer.

(With me, sleep with me)

“Ok, you too.”

“Oh, no problem. I’ll be out like a light”

Well, good”

“Yeah, nothing like a good night’s sleep”

“Um, Ok then. I'll just be going ….now….I guess…”

“Sod this!” he exploded. “I can’t stand it anymore.” He grabbed her shoulders and pulled her roughly to him, capturing her mouth with his and losing himself in the taste and feel of her.

Buffy melted into him; surrendering to the kiss she’d been aching for since she first saw him. She was almost sobbing with relief as he clutched her to him and murmured into her mouth. When they finally took a break so Buffy could get more than a quick gasp of air, he noticed a tear. “What’s wrong, love?” he asked worriedly. “Did I hurt you?”

Buffy gave a shaky laugh and shook her head, “I don’t know,” she said. “I just- I was so afraid you didn’t want me any more. And I – “

Growling in her ear, he pulled her close again, “I will always want you, Slayer. Don’t ever doubt that.” As he held her against him, she could feel the proof of his desire pushing against her leg and suddenly removing the cloth barriers between them became the most important thing she could think of. Already Spike’s hands were under her shirt and moving around her back, sending shivers through her as he touched her bare skin.

She pulled him back into the shadow of the alley. As soon as they were safely hidden in the dark, he pushed her up against the wall and ran his hand up her thigh where he found her already wet and throbbing for him. He pushed aside her thong and smiled at her sharp gasp as his fingers touched her. He ran his fingers around her folds, flicking her clit with his thumb as he did, then put two fingers inside her and smiled again as she clenched around them.

Buffy’s legs were too weak to hold her up, but she kept an arm around his neck as her other hand fumbled at the waistband of his jeans. As soon as she had him unbuttoned and unzipped, his erection sprang out and she wrapped her hand around its cool length. His hiss of pleasure told her he still welcomed her touch and she squeezed gently, moving her fingers to run around the tip, spreading the pre-cum tantalizingly.

“Got to have you, now, love,” he said hoarsely. “Want you so bad…
Slayer,” he gasped, “now, love? Please now?”

Non-verbal Buffy answered the only way she could –by jumping up and wrapping her legs around his waist. She lowered herself onto him, never taking her eyes off his as she sank down inch by inch. With a groan, he pushed into her warmth, then froze, trying to get some control before he started thrusting. Impatient Buffy squeezed him gently with her Slayer-enhanced muscles and he twitched and murmured with a smile “”Ah, don’t do that love. Want to make this last at least a few minutes.”

Buffy giggled and relaxed, enjoying the wonderful feeling of being completely filled by him. For a minute, they just clung together, happy to be connected again and almost reluctant to move and hasten the end.

“You feel so good, love. I could stay here all night,” he rumbled in her ear as he sucked on her ear lobe.

“But probably not a good idea – what with the sun coming up in a few hours.” She murmured into his neck.

“Soddin’ sun spoils everything,” he muttered, beginning to move against her almost against his will. Buffy began to rock her hips in the same rhythm and it was like the past two years had never happened.

“Tell me this feels as good to you as it does to me, Slayer.”

(It couldn’t possibly, but tell me it does)

“It’s…..I…..there’s…… (How do I say how right this feels?) Welcome home, Spike.”

Apparently that was a good answer, as he groaned and increased the pace of his thrusting, moving his hips just enough at the end to touch that little bundle of nerve endings that no one else had ever found.

Biting into his shoulder so as not to scream her pleasure aloud, Buffy’s orgasm left her shaking and unable to think coherently. As soon as he felt her clench around him, the vampire growled his release and shuddered as he emptied himself into her.

After several minutes of mutual recovery time, Buffy pushed herself reluctantly away from his chest and slid down his body until her feet were on the ground. Spike gave a low growl as his softened cock slid out of her warmth, but he grudgingly loosened his grip so that she could lean back and breathe.

“Don’t go in, Slayer. You know we’re not half finished yet.” He whispered, his breath tickling her ear and sending chills down her spine. With a visible shudder, she shook herself and pulled away from him.

“I know – but I need to get inside. Willow will wonder where I am, and….” The rest of the sentence was lost in another bone-melting kiss. With a moan, she allowed herself to sag against him, knowing he wouldn’t let her fall. As he pulled back from the kiss, she heard whimpers and realized they were coming from her throat. Spike was kissing and licking her neck, sending her Slayer-senses into outright war with her hormones.

“It’s been too long, love. I can’t let you go yet. Want to love you forever.” At her startled twitch, he froze and groaned, “I’m thinkin’ out loud again, aren’t I?”

She giggled softly and nodded her head.

“’S’what you do to me, pet. Being close to you turns my brain to mush.” He gave her a sheepish smile and ran his knuckles softly down her cheek. She smiled and leaned into his touch.

“I know what you mean,” she said shyly, ducking her head.

“Do you, pet? I wonder,” he said, tipping her chin up and staring into her eyes. Buffy tried to meet his gaze, but the intensity in those piercing blue orbs was too much and she had to look away. She couldn’t see the pain that flashed briefly across his face, but she felt him pull away from her.

“Right, then,” he said abruptly, as he straightened up and zipped his pants. “Back to business. What’s the plan?”

Confused and hurt by his sudden change in attitude, Buffy didn’t answer immediately.

(Is that all he wanted? A quickie in the alley?)

She straightened her clothing, refusing to look at him as she did so.

“Well, I’m going to meet Riley tomorrow and see if he will tell me what the Initiative is doing with all the demons they’re capturing.”

“So,” he said as casually as he could, “you’ll be needin’ to spend some time with him. Smooth out any issues between you….”

(If he touches you, he’s food!)

“I guess so….he certainly won’t tell me anything if he thinks we’re broken up or that I’m still mad at him…” She glanced quickly at the vampire, but his face was closed and impassive.

“Right, “ he ground out. “Kiss and make up. That’s the ticket, then”

“No! I mean, yes, yes, that’s what I’ll have to do. I’ll have to make him think we’re still together….”

“Are you? Together? Tell me the truth, love. It won’t affect my helping you. I just need to know where I stand….” The cold mask of his face cracked for just a second and his eyes begged her to say what he wanted to hear.

Buffy searched his face with her eyes for a few seconds, then asked softly, “Is there a reason why we shouldn’t be?”

(Please, Spike, give me a reason).

“Only you can answer that, Slayer. Depends on what this means to you.” The vamp pulled her head toward him and kissed her gently, allowing the kiss to deepen gradually until they were both oblivious to anything but the taste and smell and feel of each other. When he finally let her go, he waited patiently for her response with his forehead lightly touching hers.

“You tell me, love. Is there a reason? What did that mean to you?”

“That you’re a really, really good kisser?” she ventured.

“True enough, but not what I’m lookin’ for exactly. An’ you know it, Slayer.”

“What are you looking for, Spike? I want you. You know that. I couldn’t lie about it if I wanted to. But I’m the Slayer, The Chosen One. I can’t just fa – I can’t have a relationship with a soulless vampire. No matter how much I might want to.” She finished softly, looking at her feet.

“Just tell me you want to, love,” he whispered. “That’ll do me, for now.”

She looked up at him and flinched again at the intensity in those eyes. “It’s wrong…I shouldn’t…I can’t….” As her mouth murmured protests, her eyes were filling with tears and her body was leaning into him so she finished her protestations with his arms wrapped around her and her head resting on his chest. “I’m a bad Chosen One.” She sniffled as her arms went around his waist.

“And I’m a pitiful excuse for a master vampire,” he smiled into her hair. “So much for my reputation as a killer of slayers.”

Buffy twitched at this reminder of his vampire nature and pulled away from him.
(You stupid git. You had to remind her, didn’t you?)

He reluctantly released her from his embrace and stepped back.

“I’ll let you go in now, pet. Tell me where to meet you tomorrow night.”

“We’ll be at Giles’ apartment. Give me a few minutes to prepare everybody before you show up.”

“OK, love,” he said leaning in to run his lips down her neck. “See you tomorrow night. Sleep tight, Slayer, “ he added as he pulled her earlobe into his mouth and sucked on it briefly.

Electricity shot through Buffy’s body and she pushed him away, smacking his chest. “If you really want me to sleep, keep your lips to yourself.”

At his self-satisfied chuckle, she growled, “Two can play at that game, Fang Face”. As she spoke, she lightly ran her fingertips across the bulge in his pants. She smiled at the groan she elicited from him and sprinted for the door of the dorm before he could grab her.

“Good Night, Spike,” she giggled as she ran into the building.

“Good night, Slayer,” he said softly as he turned away.