Chapter 2 – Contact


Elizabeth did not notice her father rise from his chair. Her eyes had moved from the stranger’s blue orbs to his mobile mouth as he spoke to her. On the way she noticed his chiselled cheekbones and his silver blonde hair held rigid with pomade. His face, she realised, was the most handsome she had ever seen.

“Buffy my love” her father interjected. “I would like to introduce Lord William Whitmore, son of the Duke of Annandale.” Her father turned to Lord William and with a small smile hovering on his lips at his daughter’s obvious attraction to the son of one of his friends and completed the introduction “Lord William, may I present my eldest daughter Lady Elizabeth Ann Summers”.

William walked slowly forward to the Lady Elizabeth and lifted her kid gloved hand. Holding her eyes with hers he brought her trembling fingers towards his lips and placed a chaste kiss on the knuckle. My God but she is beautiful was the thought that came to his mind. He wanted to hold her hand just a little longer but he knew he may frighten her with his boldness. Ocean blue eyes stared down into green and he watched her pupils dilate and noted an increase in her pulse. A visit to his mistress Drusilla may be required by the end of this evening he thought.

Lord William Whitmore had not wished to accompany the un-married eldest daughter of his father’s friend to a ball. His Grace, the Duke of Annandale, had taken him aside the previous evening and warned him that he was tired of continually paying for his wayward son’s wild ways, especially in the upkeep of his mistress. He had warned him that at the age of nine and twenty it was time to settle down and start his nursery. If William wanted to keep on the crazy Drusilla then that was his decision to make but his Grace wanted heirs before he died. As William was an only son it was his duty to provide them.

“Take a look at the chit Will” his father had advised. “I hear she is quite pretty and at only eighteen she will be malleable enough to do your bidding. Get your heir on her and go back to the mad trollop if you wish. You can always leave your wife at the estates in the north while you spend her dowry on your other pursuits. But mark my words, the Dukedom requires heirs and I want grandchildren soon.”

William had argued at length with his father over this issue. He was not ready to settle down. He was but nine and twenty and he believed that marriage should be for love. His love was Lady Drusilla Angelus, the bored and sensual wife of Lord Liam Angelus who spent his time on his Irish estates leaving William and Drusilla free to pursue their affair.

He had been enamoured of his Dark Princess since he was nineteen years old. They had met through the friends of his first love Cecily who had rejected him harshly. At his tender age he had not taken this well and Drusilla had comforted him. She had also introduced him into such sinful ways that he was sure that only she could satisfy his wants. Together they were wicked, debauched and totally in tune with each others needs. Needs he was sure no gentle daughter of a Duke would allow or encourage.

Lately though Drusilla had taken a penchant for causing scenes and pulling at her hair. At first William had thought her behaviour charming as this usually was the prelude to some of the best sex William had ever experienced. His ripe wicked plum knew more tricks than a Covent Garden whore and she could use her body in so many ways to please him. He only had to think of her beautiful red painted lips around his cock to get hard. They had been together for ten years and he still was not bored of her charms. He doubted he ever would be.

However William knew that his father was correct. He would never be able to marry his dark princess so it was time to look around at the bounty on offer. Although he loved Drusilla with all his being he was a man who still took his pleasure where he could. If a coquettish Miss took his fancy he would seduce and conquer. Drusilla did not mind as long as he always came back to her. In fact there were times when she would join in which only added to his pleasure.

It was with his father’s warning ringing in his head that William had allowed himself to be in this situation. He also knew that a dowry of ten thousand a year was not to be turned down. The Annandale estates needed the money this chit would bring and looking down again into her fathomless green eyes he knew that getting an heir out of her would not be hardship, in fact it would be a pleasure.

Smiling down at what William decided would be his future wife he decided that he would display all his charm. He lifted her hand once more and enfolded it around his arm he turned to Henry Summers and declared that he was looking forward to an evening in the company of himself and his beautiful daughter.

Elizabeth stared at the vision that moved to her side ready to take his leave with her. She stared down at her arm linked with his and wondered where her wits had gone. Handsome he may be but a sense of being pushed down a road she did not wish to travel came over her. When he had kissed her fingers she had felt a tightness in her breast that she had never felt before and she was sure they had swelled in size. His clean male scent washed over her and she suddenly felt weak in the knees. The thought immediately came into her head as to why her father had been forcing her into the company of old roués then this man was available. Suspicious thought came to her mind immediately. She decided she would play the aristocratic damsel to this prince and see where this was leading.

His Grace, Lady Elizabeth and Lord William made their way through the large oak door that was the entrance to the Craven town house in Berkley Square. They descended the stone steps toward the ducal carriage and Elizabeth suddenly realised that she had not spoken a word to the man who held her arm in his. She could think of nothing to say. All she wanted to do was stare at him take in his handsome face.

Once alighted in the carriage Elizabeth decided that she must make conversation with the Adonis opposite her.

“My Lord” she stated. William looked directly into her eyes.

“Yes my Lady Elizabeth?”

“My Lord” Elizabeth started again. “Thank you for accompanying us this evening, and I would like to apologise for my lack of manners when we were introduced.”

William continued to look Elizabeth in the eye and was pleased to see her blush prettily. He suddenly wondered if she would blush all over when he took her to bed. He could imagine watching her eyes grow dark with passion as he stroked her with his hands and tongue. She would taste as good as she looked, he knew, like lemon ice. His mouth watered at the thought and he could feel his cock start to twitch. Rigid self control was required at this moment to stop the rise of his manhood and he quickly dampened his thoughts. His eyes strayed to her mouth and he realised she was addressing him again.

“My Lord, I am wondering why we have never met before tonight considering how long we have been in London”

William was prepared for this. He had chosen his answer well.

“I have just lately come to London Lady Elizabeth. I have lately been in Annandale with my father who is not in the best of health”

He could not tell her that when in London he did not frequent balls and routs and Almacks. When in London, he frequented gaming hells and clubs where he and his dark princess could take their delights without gossip and scandal. He spent his time in London between his love’s thighs and enjoyed every moment. When not between his love’s thighs he was between the thighs of whatever doxy he could find. Such pleasures were not found in the drawing rooms of the Ton or in the hallowed halls of Almacks.

Elizabeth accepted his answer with grace. She loved her father very much and knew that should he be ailing she would run to his side. Elizabeth smiled at her companion showing for him for the first time how her smile lit her whole face. Elizabeth was not just pretty she was beautiful.

William was slightly taken aback by the feelings her wonderful smile invoked within him. He shifted slightly on the seat as once again his cock came out to play. I will have this chit if it is the last thing I do was his thought as the carriage started to slow down at the entrance to the Assembly Rooms where the evening musicale was to be held.