Before today, Buffy would have sworn she was a rational, coherent person, fully capable of holding a meaningful conversation with anyone that crossed her path. However, at the moment, she seemed completely and utterly unable to do anything but stare at the twin visions of male perfection before her.

“Buffy,” she blurted. She cringed at the harshness of her voice. God, she was such a spaz! “Buffy is...is me,” she finished lamely. Oh, now THAT was well done. God, they were going to think she was a spaz. Where was a dark hole when she needed it?

Spike smirked at the mildly flustered girl before him. She was adorable, and a huge step above any of the other applicants who’d knocked at their door. He nudged his brother, who seemed to have sunk into a mindless stupor.

“Well, Buffy is me, welcome to your future abode,” Spike said cockily with a gallant sweep of his arm. He was rewarded with a small giggle. Pulling his dumbfounded brother to the side, he allowed the petite blonde to enter the room.

“Wow, this is really nice!” Buffy exclaimed, her earlier stupor forgotten. The living room was spacious and cozy. There was a comfortable-looking tan couch and matching chair in front of a rather large TV and entertainment set. Two large, plush leather recliners bracketed the couch, and a beautiful modern-looking coffee table added a bit of character. The entire room was tasteful and inviting; she could tell from looking that the brothers had money, but they weren’t flaunting it. Everything was...homey.

“Thanks, luv.” Will thought his voice sounded forced and dry. Got, he was such a git, swooning in front of a pretty lady. Strike that: freaking ridiculous hot gorgeous lady. “You want the official tour? We were about ready to print pamphlets, so we know it by heart.”

“Had a lot of interest in the room?” Buffy asked with a laugh, moving farther into the inviting space. This really was a very nice apartment, and the two studs that came with it didn’t seem like the mass murdering or Satan-marrying types, which was always a plus.

“You have no idea,” Spike muttered.

“Well, renting it for $350 a month is bound to have all sorts of people crawling out of the woodwork.”

“You really have no idea,” Will repeated with a self-depreciating laugh. “So what do you do, pet?”

“I’m a grad student at UCLA,” Buffy replied, flushing at the pet name, “for business communication. I own a self defense and hand-to-hand weapon shop.” The twins took a moment to savor that particular thought; what was it about a chick with a weapon that turned them on so much?

“What do you guys do? I mean, it’s obvious you’re fairly well off, really doesn’t look like you need a roommate. B-But that’s cool! Because my best friend keeps telling me that I can totally live alone, but I’m pretty against that because living alone is just so...lonely, you know? Sometimes having someone else there, to get you to go out or break routine is nice, you know? God, I’m babbling. I’m just gonna stop now.” At that moment, Will and Spike knew they were well and truly smitten.

“It’s fine, kitten, but you’re right. We work at a publishing company. Upper management, dad owns the joint. And we don’t like the quite.” Spike flashed Buffy a smirk, his eyes burning her from head to toe.

They took Buffy around the apartment, making small talk and exercising their considerable charm (which their mother referred to as the Twin Attack of Death) to convince Buffy that THIS is where she wanted to live. Everything they learned about her, from her small-town roots of Sunnydale, to anecdotes about her family and her aspirations for the future made her more and more desirable. They’d finished the tour an hour ago, coaxing the petite blonde into having a beer (or two) with them.

“...so Spike makes for the stacks, and all the bobbies are headed that way, when I bust open the double doors, so they all do an about face and start chasing me--“

“--and then I head around to the front, and Spike run straight down the hall and around the corner, but the stupid coppers are fat and slow and can’t keep up. They’re halfway down the main way when I come tearing out of one of the side halls and make a break for freedom. They were so confused by that point, they just gave up!”

“One of the blighters just laid on the floor and cried,” Will said with a chuckle. Buffy’s melodic laughter was music to their ears; they’d been regaling her with stories of their less reputable exploits. They’d gone through a wild phase back in the day, and had quickly discovered that being twins worked to their advantage.

“That’s awesome! I wish I’d been a twin,” Buffy said, giggling at the image of a pack of misinformed cops wondering how one person could move that fast. Spike flushed briefly, thinking that had she had a twin, the situation may have been a little bit less complicated. The sudden shrill ringing of a cell phone cut through their conversation. “Shoot! Sorry, hold on. Hello?”

“Buffy? Where are you? You’re late.” Buffy cringed at Riley’s accusing and hurt tone. Shit, she’d had a date tonight; she had totally lost track of time talking with her (hopefully) future roommates.

“Oh, no! Riley! I’m so sorry! I came over to that apartment Willow made me look at, and it’s amazing! I’ve been, uh, sorting out the details. I’ll be there in twenty minutes, OK?” Buffy felt that this was definitely one of the times a little white lie.

“Yeah, OK. Love you Buffy,” Riley said a bit resignedly. He’d really been hoping Buffy would move in with him. But there was still time.

“See you soon, Riley.” Buffy stuffed the cell phone back in her purse and faced the twins. She felt...oddly guilty that she had to bail on them. For Riley.

“Boyfriend, pet?” Spike asked coolly. Will just levels an assessing gaze at the flustered blonde.

“Ah, yeah. Riley. We’ve been together for, um, six months now? So, yeah, I’ve gotta run I’m, um, kinda late. Lost track of time.” God, pull it together Buffy! “But if you guys are OK with it...I’d like to maybe, ah, move in. Soon.” Buffy felt her entire being relax when their faces lit up with boyish grins. They were so cute! And she was really entirely too reluctant to leave them. What was going on? She’d known them for two hours!

“We’d like that, pet.” Spike said, guiding her towards the door.

“You can start moving whenever you want,” Will said with a smile. “We’ll have a key made for next time you’re here.”

“Thanks! You guys are really easy to talk to. I think I’m going to like it here.” With a huge smile, Buffy impulsively pulled them both into a giant bear hug. And then she was gone.

“Fuck me,” Spike muttered, watching Buffy’s backside sway enticingly as she walked away. The door closed quietly behind her.

“With pleasure,” a hot voice whispered in his ear. He was pulled back into a strong body, thoughts of a certain woman swimming through their heads.

*************** ********* *****************

Buffy rushed into Vitto’s Italian Restaurant with a huge smile on her face. She had a place to live, and two (hot, sexy, she was taken...) roommates she seemed to get along with. She didn’t notice Riley’s sullen pout as she swooped in and started gushing about her new digs.

“The apartment is so nice! You should see my room, it’s the master suite! The bathroom’s not connected, but it’s right outside the door, so it’s not really that big a hassle. And the living room is huge, but not oppressive or anything. Will and Spike are really very good decor--“

“Spike?” Riley demanded. “You’re going to live with someone named...Spike?” Buffy cringed at the way he spit the word. “Buffy, honestly, you’re better than associating with someone named...Spike. And Will? You’re going to live with two men? You’re not thinking, Buff. You have a reputation to maintain, and living with two men is not going to help it. You really need to reconsider your choices.” He grabbed her hand, affecting sincerity. “Live with me. I love you.”

“My reputation? Riley, this isn’t the 40s. People live with the opposite sex all the time. I’m not going to sully my virtue with the twins. They’re very nice and I like them, and I’m not ready to live with you. I told you that. So please, give me time. Right now, I’m content to move to the nice, cheap apartment. Alright?” She was getting a headache. She’d been over this with Riley so many times that she couldn’t even muster anything stronger than mild exasperation. Honestly, Riley was treating her like a child, and it was starting to grate on her. She was a grown woman, damn it, and she could make her own choices! She was just about to rip into him--again--when he relented.

“I know, I’m sorry, Buffy. I just...I guess you not wanting to move in with me is hitting a sore spot. But I’ll be fine. Do you want some wine with dinner?” Buffy let it go, but she had a sinking feeling Riley wasn’t quite done with the issue yet. She sighed, realizing her happy high had been replaced with sullen irritation.

*************** ********* *****************

Will was draped limply over his twin’s sweat-soaked body, spent but not satiated. Memories of green eyes and golden hair teased him mercilessly.

“She’s got a boyfriend.” The deep rumble from Spike’s chest stirred something hungry and primal within him.

“Boyfriends can be replaced,” Will murmured, his lips brushing against heated skin. He reveled in the slight tremor Spike tried to hide.

“That would be--Will!” He reluctantly released the flat, stiff nipple that had been receiving his attentions. “That would be wrong.” Will just grinned.

“So very wrong,” he agreed, before returning to his interrupted task.