Author's Chapter Notes:
I wish I could take credit for everything that is Buffy. But I can't they all belongs to Joss Whendon.
The only characters I can claim are the ones that I made up.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
~* ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Chapter 8 Your Eyes.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Mom was quite at the dinner table not that she expected a full on conversation, it’s just that she seemed really distant like she wasn’t even there.

While cleaning the kitchen her thoughts wondered off to Spike and how supportive he was, he didn’t judge her or tell her what she should do, he just told her that he was there for her and gave her the key to his house and it wasn’t out of pity.

She didn’t have to hide from him, even though she didn’t know how to let her guard down, it was good to know that if she ever wanted to she could with him.

She hopped nothing like this would ever happen again but she wasn’t stupid, she knew if Hank was in there life that it most likely would.

After cleaning up the kitchen there was nothing really to do.

Deciding she would take a bubble bath she started getting it ready when the phone rang.

“Hello”

“Hey kitten”

“Spike?”

“You sound surprise luv I told you I would call.”

“Guys always say it but never really do”

“Well I meant every word I said tonight luv, what were you doing just now?”

“Just getting ready to take a bubble bath”

There was a long pause on the phone.

“Spike… you still there?”

“What”

“I asked if you were still there”

“Yeah I’m here pet I just…”

“Blanked out as soon as I said I was taking a bubble bath.”

“Well yeah but can you really blame me red blooded male and everything.”

Laughing she said “no I guess not.”

“So I’ll see you tomorrow?”

“Yeah I guess so what time would be ok for you?”

“It doesn’t matter to me luv, whenever is good for you.”

“Ok I could be there by 11”

“Fine with me pet, I’ll let you get back to you’re…”

“Bubble bath”

Another long pause over the phone

“Spike”

“Right… nite pet”

“Goodnight”

Smiling to herself she said “his voice even sounds sexy on the phone”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Love I get so lost, sometimes
days pass and this emptiness fills my heart
when I want to run away
I drive off in my car
but whichever way I go
I come back to the place you are

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Deciding on something casual and comfortable she wore fitted black jeans and a red fitted cotton tee, she put her hair in a pony tail in the middle of her head and let a few tendrils frame her face.

She made sure the bruise under her eye was covered with makeup making it almost impossible to see, other than that her makeup was pretty light.

Butterfly started up in her stomach, for some reason when ever she thought of being alone with Spike they started up.

It’s not that she didn’t trust him because she did, it was just that Spike had a way of looking at you as if he could see into your soul as if you’re the only one in the room, ‘even though most of the time she is the only one in the room.’

All your instincts tell you to close your self off from it, ‘because who really wants someone to see that deep inside of them, to see all of there faults and mistakes and insecurities.’

His eyes were just so piercing; they told a story they were so expressive. ‘A story I can’t quite remember.’

‘One second under his gaze you could feel warm comfort, heat, compassion, and even L…?’

“Well that’s just crazy…I mean it defiantly couldn’t be love, we just meet, I hardly know him and he doesn’t really even know me.” ‘I think’

“I’m just confusing it for kindness.”

“Right?”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
All my instincts, they return
and the grand facade, so soon will burn
without a noise, without my pride
I reach out from the inside
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

What exactly they were doing today she had no idea she really didn’t feel like going anywhere but if he wanted to she really didn’t care, by the looks of today it looked like it was going to rain again.

The rain never really bothered her she liked hearing it at night, it had calming effect on her.
She just wanted to make it to his house before it started poring. “Please don’t start yet just give me fifteen minutes.”

And on that note she was out the door.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

In your eyes
the light the heat
in your eyes
I am complete
in your eyes
I see the doorway to a thousand churches
in your eyes
the resolution of all the fruitless searches
in your eyes
I see the light and the heat
in your eyes
oh, I want to be that complete
I want to touch the light
the heat I see in your eyes

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

He had made sure everything was in order he moved all of his blood to the fridge in the basement. And made sure there was food in there for Buffy incase she got hungry. There were still plenty of snacks and such from the first time she came over so he didn’t have to get much. He liked eating certain things, for some reason his taste buds still worked. And he took full advantage of that.

He hoped she didn’t question his reason for staying in. He had just planned on watch a movie or something.

He just wanted her to forget her problems for a day to have fun and relax a bit. He wanted to see her smile again, ‘even though it’s been a while.’

He didn’t like seeing her in pain or seeing her hurt, it did something to him on the inside and it wasn’t good.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Love, I don't like to see so much pain
so much wasted and this moment keeps slipping away
I get so tired of working so hard for out survival
I look to the time with you to keep me awake and alive

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

She arrived and to her luck without the rain. It was a little bit after eleven.

She knocked the door and the door opened under her fist, ‘anyone could just walk in, she was sure he could take care of himself but Sunnydale wasn’t the safest place on earth you always heard of weird things going on in Sunnydale, people disappearing people finding body’s in alleyways.”

“Said the girl who walks everywhere” she whispered to herself. She and cars were non-mixy things.’

“Anyone home”

“In the living room pet”

“Hey, your door was open”

Smiling “I know, I was expecting company”

"Should I take my shoes off? Don’t want to ruin your carpet they look expensive." She said taking a glance at the plush blood red carpet. She continued to look around the beautifully furnished house, rich paintings on the wall, statues that told tales of the past and a few plants here and there.

“Whatever makes you comfortable." he watched as she looked around in awe at all the different art pieces and furnisher her eyes came across. He smiled at how she looked on with innocence, but that wasn't a surprise being as she was only eighteen.

“Oh well I guess I’ll take them off." She slipped off her red flip flops and turned back to him. Behind him she noticed a sort of door way covered with a thick red curtain. “What’s that lead to?"

“That’s the balcony, looks over the backyard."

“Ooh...lets go take a look." she said walking towards the covered door before she could make it all the way she was stopped by a slight pull on her arm. She turned around to face her capture.

“How about we go out there tonight when the stars are up...we can even have our desert out there."

“But I wanna see all the nice plants and stuff in the sunlight." she gave a slight pout hoping to have her way.

“I promise it’s even more beautiful at night, where’s you patience." he asked teasingly. He gave an inward sigh of relief when he saw he got her mind away from the oven behind the curtain ready to dust him in a second.

“Okay fine...kinda dark in here." she said looking around again." allergic to sunlight?" she asked smiling.

"Something like that." he smiled down at her.

"Ha-ha and again with the ha, so what are we doing today?”

“Thought we might stay in watch some movies order pizza or something …talk, if you want.”

“That’s fine I don’t really feel like going out anyway.”

‘Thank god’

“What movies you got?”

“The movies are on that shelf over there” “Would you like something to drink luv?”

“Just water thanks” “You have a pretty good collection, a lot of action and… oh my gosh I can’t believe you have this.”

Looking up to see what she was talking about. “I have no bleedin clue how that got there.”

“I’m sure you don’t…, let’s watch it.”

“If you want to pet, here’s your water, and by the way I really don’t know how that got there”

“Yeah, yeah I know not your right?”

Smiling “right”

“Did you want me to order the food now or later luv?”

“Now is fine I didn’t really eat anything before I left.”

“What will it be?”

“Chinese please” she said sweetly.

“And what would her majesty like?”

“I don’t know… I’ll take some shrimp lo mein, pork fried rice, chicken and broccoli, fried chicken, and one cheese steak egg roll. Oh! and a diet coke.”

After placing her order she went back to setting up the movie but then she noticed she didn’t hear Spike moving around or calling the restaurant, she turned around to see him still in the same position she left him in except his face was one of complete and utter surprise and shock.

“What”

“Are you serious pet or you yankin my chain?”

“Why wouldn’t I be serious? Is it too much, I didn’t mean to order so much I just…”

“No, no, no pet its fine I just… can you really eat that entire list you just called off pet?” He asked with a curious and proud look on his face.

“The last time I checked yeah.” She said smiling.

“Alright love” he said grinning.

A couple minutes later Spike joined her to watch the movie.

“They said thirty minutes kitten”

“Ok”

The previews were over and the movie just started.

About twenty seven minutes later Spike sensed some one approaching the house he knew he couldn’t pay himself because the sun was up. He already came up with a plan earlier.

“Luv I gotta use the loo, if the food gets here before I get back the money is on the kitchen counter ok?”

“Yeah sure”

Not a minute later there was a knock on the door and she paused the movie and headed for the kitchen counter, for the money. Just as she thanked the delivery guy and closed the door Spike came out of the bathroom.

“Was that the food luv?”

“yeah it was”

“Well let’s dig in”

To say he was surprised would be an understatement she really had a big appetite and she was only a little thing. She ate everything on her plate and some from his.

He gave her a look with a smirk.

“What I happen to be a growing girl who actually likes food and isn’t afraid of it, not those girls walking around looking gaunt and thin in the face, like walking skeletons.”

“That you are pet”

“Now let’s finish the movie.”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

And all my instincts, they return
and the grand facade, so soon will burn
without a noise, without my pride
I reach out from the inside
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

“That was nice I hadn’t seen that in a while”

“I still can’t believe you have Ever After, I love that movie”

“It’s not mines remember, I don’t know how that got there.”

“What about Princess Bride, and Meet Joe Black are they not yours too?”

“Damn right”

“I don’t know how the ble…”

“Bleedin hell they got there” she finished for him laughing.

He couldn’t help but laugh himself. He’d hope that she would bless him with one of her smiles tonight, the smile of a goddess, and his hoping was over because her she was laughing and smiling at him.

“It’s nice to see you smile again”

If it was possible her smile got even wider. “It’s nice to smile again.” There was a short silence that followed a comfortable silence. Buffy sat thinking how she was glad that she came out today. She was really enjoying herself. Whenever she was around spike she felt somewhat at piece as if a part of her has been missing for a century and then it’s returned when she’s with him.

Spike was loving their time together at the moment but he couldn’t stop thinking about the bruise under that make-up that was still visible to his eyes. Anger rose every time he thought of another man, vampire, human, anyone touching what was special to him. The one true person he loved. Although he knew his next question would most likely dampen the mood he had to know.

“Can I ask you a question pet?”

“You just did but you can ask another if you want.”

“How did things go last night?”

“What do you me… oh”

“You don’t have to talk about it if you don’t want to luv.” He quickly added seeing the frown that appeared on her face cursing himself for putting it there.

“It’s ok he’s gone for the weekend so everything is fine for now.” She answered quietly

“What about your mum is she ok”

There was an uncomfortable silence. “I don’t know how she’s doing she doesn’t really talk to me about it, she just kinda shut down… it’s not too good for her I guess.”

“Is she going to do anything… you know legal?”

You could visibly see Buffy starting to get upset. The thought of her mom once again passing it off, as if it were just a simple everyday argument instead of doing something to put a stop to it really pissed her off. When Buffy and her mom finally did get a chance to take about getting a restraining order on Hank, her mother completely disagreed. Saying how she didn’t want to draw attention to their family. What she should be thinking about is how their health is in danger, what its doing to them mentally. Sometimes she thought her moms reason was from pure fear of hank, why she didn’t know.

“As far as I know she isn’t, she said didn’t want to risk angering Hank more and other reasons then she said she didn’t want to talk about it, and since this is not the first time something like this has happened I don’t think she will.”

“This happened before?” He figured it did but he wanted more information to see just how serious it was, not that it wasn’t already, but so far he was willing to let the cops handle it instead of ripping his head off himself.
“Yeah… the last time was worse… I couldn’t even… and mom. So he didn’t interrupt her he wanted to know what happened but he wasn’t fully prepared for what he heard.

“We were both in the hospital, but I had to stay a couple days longer than mom.” She didn’t notice Spikes reaction to that because she was lost in the memory. “He told everyone we were in a car accident… I never really understood why mom didn’t say anything.”

That’s when she heard it, It snapped her out of her trip down memory lane. She didn’t understand where it was coming from thinking it was the TV only to see that it was still off. She looked at Spike with questioning eyes about to ask, when she looked up at him her eyes went wide.

Staring back at her were two yellow eyes. Two cat like yellow eyes

She jumped off the couch with a scream, “oh my … please tell me you put in some freaky Michael Jackson thriller contacts in while I was rambling.” she said backing still not sure if what she was really seeing was there. ‘Oh god Buffy look you went and worked yourself up now you seeing things’ she said to herself trying to stay calm

Spike didn’t mean to lose himself like that. He didn’t even notice that apart of his demon was on surface. it’s just that something inside of him snapped and he could control it.
He felt rage at high dangerous levels not at Buffy but at her father. How could someone hurt such a beautiful creature? He didn’t care anymore one way or another he would take care of Hank. But right now he had to deal with his slip up with Buffy, there was no way he could lie about this and he didn’t want to.

He relaxed and his eyes changed back into its normal piercing blue. That didn’t seem to help calm her one bit. ‘OH MY GOD, their not contacts, they just disappeared right in front of my eyes.’ Her mind screamed for her to run but something else was keeping her there.

“S-Spike, what going on?”

“Buffy.” He tried in a calm voice. “We need to talk…come back over here and sit down I promise I won’t hurt you.”

“No Spike…who are you? What are you?” With a defeated sigh he rose to his feet but still maintained distance.

“I’m a vampire Buffy”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

In your eyes
the light the heat
in your eyes
I am complete
in your eyes
I see the doorway to a thousand churches
in your eyes
the resolution of all the fruitless searches
in your eyes
I see the light and the heat
in your eyes
oh, I want to be that complete
I want to touch the light,
the heat I see in your eyes
in your eyes in your eyes
in your eyes in your eyes
in your eyes in your eyes

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

TBC

A/N I know I know you probably want to kill me right now but I just couldn’t resist.
I know a lot of you have been waiting for this so here it is.
I wanted it to be all out in the open, I want Buffy to completely trust Spike and for that to happen this had to happen.
How will she take the news? (Read the next chapter to find out)
I live for your reviews let me know what you think and how you feel about the story so far.
(And to *bite me* I think I just might use that song you wrote me about thank u so much ;)
Once again I need reviews.
That’s my motivation to update quicker
Thanks more soon.