Chapter 23: Moving Forward
Buffy stretched her arms out underneath the cover and sighed as she rolled closer to Spike’s unconscious form. His face was slack in relaxation, tracing his features with her eyes, she memorized his face and sexy bed-head. Smiling to herself, she rubbed her leg against Spike’s and heard his sharp intake of air signaling he was awake. Scooting closer and spooning her body around his, she kissed his chest and nuzzled it with her nose. “Morning, luv.”

“Good morning, that is,” she smiled up into his sleepy eyes. Spike’s arm snaked under her and levered her up on top of his chest. Grinning, she nuzzled the middle of his chest as she felt his arousal stabbing the inside of her thigh. She brought her legs up to straddle his waist and sat up a little. Soon, she found his hard, long appendage and she scooted down forcing him inside of her.

“Good morning it is,” Spike agreed as Buffy started moving up and down on top of him. The sleepy, erotic rhythm continued drawing Buffy to a deep, slow orgasm. Once Spike felt the strong flutter around his cock he flipped them and got on top to thrust down, letting his pleasure come. Spike buried his face in Buffy’s neck, licking his mark.

Coming down from the high, Buffy held Spike close letting him nuzzle and lick his mark. She idly wondered why he didn’t bite her this morning. After the initial shock and guilt that he felt, he was overcome with a need to reaffirm the claim. She was very happy to comply and let him claim her again until Dawn came home during the process. In the middle of the kitchen and the middle of her orgasm and Spike’s bite, Buffy heard the front door slam. Hearing the commotion in the kitchen, Dawn walked in and found Spike pounding Buffy against the kitchen island with his teeth embedded into her neck, not drinking her blood, but just embedded. Spike didn’t seem to realize Dawn’s presence until the loud screech, Buffy saying, ‘No,’ and a blunt hit on his skull with a frying pan. Bringing him out of the stupor, Spike pulled out of Buffy and turned around to face the confused young woman with his demon in full control. Buffy quickly covered herself and stepped in between the two new adversaries, afraid that Spike wouldn’t come to his senses before he blindly attacked. Dawn set the pan down slightly as Buffy desperately tried to explain what was happening. By the time Dawn comprehended what had happened and what she walked in on; Spike came back to his senses and covered up with his jeans. He listened to Buffy’s perspective of that night and felt overwhelming love for the creature standing in front of him.

Lying on the bed now made Buffy wonder why Spike didn’t vamp out and bite her. Trying to push her insecure thoughts out of her head, Spike nuzzled her neck knowing what she was thinking. “Kitten, I love you.”

Buffy stretched and ran her hands down Spike’s back. “Love you, too.”

“Wish I could bite you every time.”

“What?” She thought she misheard what he said.

“Wish I could bite you every time, every minute or every day. It feels so good to be buried in you, feels like we are one when we are like that.” Spike shifted and laid Buffy on top of his chest. His fingers gently stroked down her spine, tickling her skin.

He watched her bottom lip pout out just for him, “Why?”

“Why what, kitten?” His eyes were lost in the luscious bottom lip as his fingers traced the crevice between her buttocks and thigh, making her squirm on top of him.

“Why can’t we… you know… the claim every time?”

A loud breath came out of Spike’s lungs as he got ready to explain. Buffy stayed in place, waiting for Spike to form the words, “One: even if I don’t drink and it is just a bite, it takes some blood. If every time we did that you would loose gallons with in a week.” Without looking, Buffy knew he was smirking. “Two: it takes a lot out of your body to keep repairing itself. If I opened them every time they closed, your body would get worn out. Not good for anyone, especially a slayer, don’t you think?” At her slight nod, Spike dipped his head down to her neck, nuzzling his mark. “God, do you know what you do to me?” To illustrate his words, he rubbed his erection against her thigh eliciting a loud moan from her lips. “To know you are mine? That you accept that?”

“Hey, mister,” she slapped Spike half heartedly on the shoulder. “You make it sound like I’m property.”

Spike’s eyes dipped down to her neck and then resurfaced at her face, “No, not property… just that… oh bloody hell!”

He felt her body shake and looked up to find her hazel eyes dancing. “Only kidding,” she offered a bright smile as he moved his body over hers once again.
~*~*~
Finishing her lunch, Buffy wiped her mouth and looked around. Spike certainly gets a little “energetic” when it comes to sex. Getting up, she straightened the upturned table and replaced the couch cushions that couldn’t take the intense drive Spike put into their love last night. The room was finally presentable to anyone that might enter, Buffy knocked on the bathroom door and opened it. The vision that welcomes her made her stop in her tracks. Standing in the steamy shower with the shower curtain open and facing the bathroom door, Spike stood under the hot water stroking himself. Knowing she was watching he tugged extra hard on his member groaning at the pressure building in his balls. Looking directly at her startled and aroused face he held out his other hand and said, “Come here, luv. I’ve got something to show you.”

Shaking herself out of her haze, she smiled coyly and stayed out of arms reach. “I see what you have to show me and if I didn’t just escape the shower an hour ago and dry my hair I would join you, but I did.” Spike growled and leaped out of the tub before she got out of the room. Holding onto her elbow his eyebrow rose as if saying, ‘going to take those clothes off or shall I?’

Jumping out of his grasp when she heard the knock at the front door, Buffy sent Spike an apologetic smile and backed out of the room, closing the door. Straightening her clothes, she opened the door expecting to see room service ready to take her dishes away. Instead of a bellhop, she opened the door to her Hawaiian friend, Sam. “SAM! Come in.”

Sitting on the couch she just put back together the two friends sat and talked about the past couple days events. “Dawn told me about what happened with Xander. I wish I was there.”

“Oh, Sam. I’m glad you weren’t. It was pretty awful.”

“Still he was attacking you.” Sam was so angry that he was shaking when Dawn told him just a couple hours ago. Sam wanted to accept all the people in Buffy’s life, but he wasn’t sure if he could accept Xander.

“Verbally. He didn’t lay a hand on me.”

The bathroom door opened and a shirtless Spike stepped out, “No, but he could have.” Spike sauntered over to a chair next to the couch and sat down.

“Good to see you back to normal,” Sam nodded at Spike.

“Thanks, mate.”

“But, he didn’t.”

“Not the point, Slayer,” he heard her growl at the name he used, “he could have. If I wasn’t there…” he let the sentence trail off.

Buffy stood up and walked up to Spike. Kneeling to his side, she took his hands in hers, “You were there and so was Willow. We don’t have to worry about him anymore.”

Sam spoke up, “How is he doing?”

Sighing Buffy answered, “He’s in the hospital right now, in the psychiatric ward. Anya is the only person that has seen him. She isn’t going to file for divorce right away. She’s going to try to help him through this, but the doctors aren’t very optimistic that he will ever recover his memories. The doctors don’t think it’s a good idea that Willow or me go visit him.”

“So his memory is wiped out?” Sam leaned forward on his knees.

“Apparently. He doesn’t remember Anya all that much. They weren’t together until the end of our senior year, and that was a reluctant pairing. The doctors think that seeing Willow and me older might push him further into his psychosis.” Buffy started to move back to the couch, but Spike’s hand on her arm stopped her. Instead, she climbed into his lap and let him take comfort in her being close to him. “So what brings you up into this neck of the woods, Sam. I thought you and Dawn were spending the day together?”

“We were supposed to, but I got a call this morning from the wicked bitch, Jenna’s sick. I need to go back.”

“Aw, what’s wrong?”

“They don’t know, she took Jenna to the emergency room and they admitted her. She can’t keep anything down.” Sam looked down with a grimace on his face.

“Awe, poor kid. When is your plane?” Buffy suppressed a shiver and Spike’s fingers traced her spine.

“In six hours.” Sam stood up and started to pace and Buffy tensed. She knew Jenna was his world and if anything happened to her it would destroy him.

“Do you need a ride to the airport?” Spike stopped his exploration of her back when he Sam got up.

“Nah, have to return the car I rented anyways.”

“Oh, so did you and Dawn already say goodbye?”

“Yeah.”

“So?” Buffy questioned. It felt like pulling teeth.

“So what?” Sam knew she was fishing and decided to have some fun.

“You know, you freak. Spill!”

Laughing, “We decided to be long distance friends for now.”

“You’ve got to be kidding me?”

“Come on, Lizzy, I’m and island boy, you know it, I know it, and she knows it. She needs to keep her eye on her ball and I need to keep my eye on my ball.”

“After all the kisses you shared?” She felt Spike’s arm tighten around her.

“Friends doesn’t mean there can’t be more. It’s just we need to live our lives out right now. Plus, she’s quite younger than I am.”

Buffy pouted, she liked the idea of her friend and sister having a relationship. “So, I’m like a 115 years younger than Spike.” She felt a rumble against her back and looked at him. “Well, I am!”

“That you are, pet. That you are.”