Chapter 22: Underground Palace

Spike pulled up to a dark, abandoned looking warehouse. If it hadn’t been for the other cars surrounding the building Buffy would have thought Spike had lost his mind. He helped Buffy get out of the car and escorted her to the side of the building and then opened the unmarked, heavy iron door and led her inside. The room was darkly decorated with lavish and plush fabrics covering the walls and floor. He walked over to the mirrored elevator and punched the down arrow. Buffy came up next to him and smiled at the picture in front of her. Spike did not reflect, but he took out his handkerchief and waved it behind her, making her chuckle. “Did I mention you look ravishing tonight, sweetheart?” He whispered as the door silently opened and they walked inside. Buffy wore a very dark blue halter styled dress. The hem was cut on a bias starting above her knee and ending half way down her calf. Small, delicate high-heeled stiletto shoes adorned her feet. She chose to put her hair up in a loose French twist with tendrils falling down her face, her makeup was almost non existent and her deep Hawaiian tan that had yet to disappear.

“Yes, but it doesn’t hurt to say it again.” He had in fact told her when she walked out of the bathroom, again in the hotel elevator and once more outside as he helped her into the car. He even mentioned it a couple times on the way out of town and into the next one. Spike curled his tongue under his front teeth and moved in to kiss her. Buffy moved slightly away to ask another question, “So where are we going?” It was one question he had refused to answer throughout the whole drive.

Spike shrugged, “Down,” and added a gesture with his word. He frowned when she moved away again. “If you don’t come here and kiss me, I’m going to burn up.”

Buffy chuckled and moved closer to him, wrapping her arms around his neck and nuzzling her nose into it, “If I kiss you will you tell me where we are going?” Spike nodded dumbly as her careful assault drove him mad.

“Underground Palace,” he breathed as she nibbled on his lower lip. Much to Spike’s dismay the elevator stopped its downward travel and the doors opened up into a lobby with a hostess at the other side. Leading Buffy out of the elevator, Spike spoke few words with the hostess and they were off. The couple followed the hostess through the hot nightspot. Spike caressed Buffy’s back as they walked past jovial, slightly inebriated guests to their private table in the back corner of the room. The various low tables were scattered around the room with party dwellers dancing around them. Customers sat low on little soft pallets next to some of the tables that were filled with exotic food and alcohol. Buffy swore she saw something that looked like a big urn with tubes coming out of it near the bar. Her eyes widened as she thought about how she heard some people would inhale drugs like that. Hired dancers gyrated around the room, bringing a very Middle Eastern feel to the current party going on. The hostess pulled back a heavy dark blue curtain revealing a plush booth and large table to their eyes. Buffy’s eyes widened as she took in the table setting. Pillows of every color, size, and shape filled the booth. Two very tall, elegant and colorful bottles sat on the large table, surrounded by many other little colorful bottles and dishes. Votive candles were spread throughout the little niche. The walls stood out with plush, thick fabric. While she was enchanted, Spike stooped down and unbuckled her high heels. Finding the way out of the haze, Buffy looked down to see Spike taking off her shoes and caressing her toes. He helped her climb up onto the raised bench and pillows, guiding her down to a sitting position with out giving the whole room an eyeful of his candy. Happy that she was tucked away in the corner, Spike bent down and removed his own dress shoes.

The hostess pulled the heavy drape back around the table as Spike situated himself next to Buffy. Sitting back, Buffy looked around. The interior of the curtain was made out of a midnight blue velvet with gold flecks weaved into it. The fabric made a sort of a tent in the corner. Spike’s arm was wrapped around her shoulders as he laid back into the cushions and pillows. Buffy settled back into his embrace and looked around. Covered and opened dishes covered the large table. Buffy looked over at Spike questionably as he shrugged. “Just sit back, sweetheart, and enjoy. This place is supposed to be the best.” As of on cue, a scantily clad woman peered into the tent like structure.

Her outfit covered all vital parts, but even so, the light green, flimsy, ‘I dream of Jeanie’ garb made Buffy jealous as Spike spoke with the woman. The waitress, Buffy snorted at the idea, explained about the two bottles of special wine and the different exotic foods on the table. She also pointed out a dark blue cord set in the back of the corner to summon her if they needed anything. Thankful that they were alone again, Spike grabbed the closest bottle and sniffed the opening. Deciding to try the other, Spike got on his knees and reached over effectively loosing contact with Buffy. She sat back and watching him sniff the other bottle and begin to pour the wine it held.

~*~*~
A few hours later…
The couple in the make shift tent were currently lying down on the palette, sated for now. The waitress, at least who Buffy thought was a waitress, had yet to come back as she had promised. They found ways of entertaining themselves without someone peaking in on them. Loud sounds of music and merriment filtered through the curtains, but neither occupant was curious about the wild party on the other side. Sometime during the third and fourth glass of wine, Buffy decided to make use of the large space and become horizontal. A couple minutes later, Spike pounced onto her, creating a very sensual display for no one outside of the tent to see. The food was delicious, if not just a little erotic with the hand feeding and aphrodisiac ingredients.

They lay on the wide cushions, end to end, just resting from previous lust filled minutes. Spike found her leg and brought up her feet up to his mouth. Buffy squirmed as he took possession of each tiny appendage. Each lick and suck made its way straight to her core, setting her on fire. Buffy squirmed under his ministrations as his fingers lightly danced up her calf and thigh. She knew that the whole night was a plan for seduction, but she didn’t care. Buffy stopped squirming as much as Spike’s tongue found her soft instep and began to nibble on the tender flesh. Focusing on breathing, Buffy felt his fingers draw intricate designs along her leg and knee. Her head began to feel heavy as Spike’s hand found the soft skin of her inner thigh. Watching her eyelashes flutter closed, Spike continued his gentle journey on her skin. He wasn’t particularly aiming for her wet core, but he definitely wasn’t ignoring it. Carefully, he swirled his fingers around her damp panties and continued to explore her soft skin. Spike moved his body up and around, so he was in the same direction as Buffy, partially lying on her legs while he continued to play. His fingers slowly dragged themselves up and survey the soft skin where her front thighs and pelvis met. Smiling, he continued up to her soft belly. His fingers continued their exploration around and around her belly button and finally flicking her belly ring.

Gasping for air, Buffy felt her legs tremble with want and need as Spike continued to sensually play with her. She felt like screaming when his fingers lightly bypassed her wet juncture and continued their slow journey up her body. Groaning, she felt him move his body to mimic her prone position, but he still continued teasing her with his fingers, instead of giving her what she wanted, what she needed. She felt the tiny circles his deft fingers created around her stomach. Her breath hitched as she felt the first flick. She knew that he knew what that did to her and yet he continued the journey up her torso, abandoning the swirling and twirling around her belly. This was Spike’s own form of torture, and she knew it well.

Actually, she realized as she thought about it, she didn’t know it very well as it had been barely weeks since they gotten back together. And it felt like most of that time had been spent apart. Between the getting to know him again, fighting about Angel and the way she said his name, and Spike’s fragmented self, they actually hadn’t spend a lot of time exploring like this. She thought back on their time in Hawaii and how perfect it seemed to be. Back then they were together with no one to judge them, their relationship, or their past. Traveling to Sunnydale together seemed like a good idea and the natural progression of their lives, but Buffy wished in the deep dark recesses of her mind that they stayed on their island where real life and real situations didn’t interfere with them. Xander and his mess weighed heavily in her head as she prayed for him. The situation with the Council of Watchers was still prevalent as was the new slayer. How could she help this one if she no longer believed the mission and the players were right anymore? Lost in thought, Buffy didn’t notice Spike’s fingers ceasing as he realized she was no longer caught up in the seduction.

Coming out of her reverie, she realized Spike was now propped up on his elbow, watching her. A half smile touched her lips as she ran her hand down his face, caressing his cheek. Spike turned his head to nuzzle his nose into her warm palm as they lay there watching the other. An unspoken message drifted between the two as the air turned from sensual to contemplative. Bringing her hand down to his shoulder, Buffy sighed. Spike watched the low light of the candles dance around her body, barely touching her golden skin. The sexual thoughts that danced around them came back with full force as he settled back down, this time with his head pillowed on her breast. Her fingers itched to play with the soft hairs on his head as he settled down.

Neither one moved for a long time. From the sound of it, the party outside the curtain was still going strong. The faux privacy created by the walls, curtain, and staff made it feel like they were back on the island; alone, in their own little world. Grateful for distraction, the two stayed put until the sounds from outside had long since quieted to a dull whisper and the moon crested and began falling in the sky.