Chapter 17: Broken Parts
A/N: FYI: A violent scene is coming up

Somehow Buffy got Spike out of the warehouse. Every time she tried to extricate herself from his tight grasp he would howl, growl, or whimper. He had long since stopped drinking her blood, and just content to lick and nuzzle his bite marks. Spike still hadn’t said a word and was still in his demon face. She resigned herself to carrying his body to safety as dawn was approaching in the next hour. She made her way to his hotel room, thinking less people would see and care that she was carrying a growling vampire into a room. She set Spike down so she could unlock the door, but he growled like an animal at her. He slid down to the floor and grabbed her legs, toppling her over. Passer bys got a memorable image with Buffy sprawled face first with ass sticking straight up over Spike’s bloody clothes and body. Spike in turn had stopped growling as he held Buffy down.

Pushing on her arms, Buffy straightened herself up, but still was captured by Spike’s strong arms. “Alright, you vamp. Had your fun, now let me up.” He released her and started his low growl again. She scooted away on her knees and unlocked the door. Once again, Spike grabbed Buffy around the waist and brought her down on his lap. He hissed as she rubbed against his injuries that now were healing a little bit. “Alright, Spike. Let me up again.” He didn’t release her. “Baby, please. We need to get you inside.” He looked at her questioning and his growl increased. “Please?” She puffed out her lips in a pout. His growling decreased and let go of her waist. She grabbed his hand and dragged him inside of the room and closed the door.

Immediately Spike began to increase his growling. She looked around and then at him, not understanding. “What is it, baby?” His growls began to turn into howls and he walked over to the nightstand. He picked up the phone and threw it against the wall. Buffy stood there, unbelieving of the pissed off vampires actions. Liking the destruction, Spike continued to destroy any object he could get his hands on. “Come on, Spike, stop it.” She tugged at his arm as he reached for the table lamp, trying to get him to stop. “Baby, put the lamp down.” He shrugged her off and continued the carnage. He upturned the table and chairs as Buffy approached again. “OK, this is getting old.” She grabbed his arms in a bear hug, trying to restrain him. His wounds on his torso opened up again. Walking up, Dawn heard the noises coming from the room and wondered what was happening, she knocked when it got quieter. “Dawn?” Buffy struggled with the pissed off vampire in her arms.
“Yeah, it’s me and I got the stuff.” Dawn stood outside the hotel room moving her weight from foot to foot in anticipation. Buffy told her Spike needed lots of blood, which meant that he was seriously injured.

“Um, I can’t come to the door right now. Just open it and come in. Oh and be careful… there’s a mess.”

Dawn opened the door and saw a messed up Buffy holding an equally messed up Spike. He started to growl loudly at Dawn as she opened the door and came in. She had a tight grip around Spike as he struggled to get free. He teeth were bared with his eyes cold and calculating, yet he was reaching for Dawn. “What… what is going on?”

“I don’t know. All I know is Spike here is all growl-y and once we got in here he started to throw any object he got his hands on.”

“Why is he hissing like that?”

“I don’t know, maybe the blood?” She indicated with a nod of her head at the microwave. “Please… he’s lost a lot of blood, I don’t know how much more he can lose.”

Dawn nodded and went over to the microwave to heat some bags she stole from the blood bank in the hospital. Spike growled fiercely as Dawn moved around the room, preparing his meal. Once heated, she opened the bag and dumped it in a mug next to the little kitchenette. Buffy dragged Spike back and got a more secure hold. “Grab a straw, Dawn, I don’t want your hands near his fangs. I don’t know what is going on in Spike’s head. But I don’t think it is of the good.” Dawn nodded and grabbed a straw. She walked over to the couple and Spike’s growls became louder. He raised his upper lip in a sneer as Dawn neared. When she was within three feet, Spike began to buck and twist trying to get free. “Shhh, Baby. Shhh. It’s all right. Dawn won’t hurt you.” Buffy tried to soothe Spike and it seemed to work. His struggling and growling decreased at her voice. Dawn came forward and offered the straw to Spike.

~*~*~
Dawn left shortly after his first feeding because Spike started to get agitated when she would step any closer to him than five feet. Buffy spent the day trying to get Spike to not tear the hotel room apart. She held him in a bear hug a lot. At times she had to straddle him on the floor until his fit of anger finished. Buffy realized that Spike was acting similarly to the way Angel acted when he came back from the hell dimension. His noises were more gutteral and animalistic than Angel’s, but he still was incoherent and territorial. She also realized he was not growling at her but the situation, or trying to hurt her. Except for when he bit her stomach and barely drank from her, he had not attempted to bite her again. She was surprised at that revelation because if anything would make him heal, it would be her enhanced blood, yet after a tiny taste he had not attempted to drink her blood.

Ten empty blood bags later and a very messy bath, Spike fell into a fitful sleep. Buffy sat on the bed with Spike’s head pillowed on her stomach. She was running her hands through his now soft and clean hair that seemed to soothe him during his worst tantrums. She looked down at his beaten face. His body started to heal after the third blood bag, and, although the bruises were evident, the wounds on his torso had closed up and were no longer bleeding.

Buffy looked around at the mess and decided that this was not the place to keep Spike. She had no idea what Angel did to him, but she intended to fix him. Buffy reached over to the phone and called Dawn. “Yeah, it’s me… I don’t know… he isn’t growling anymore… since about noon… I don’t think this is a good place for him… too many things he can throw… yes, he is still throwing objects… sleeping right now… can you clean out the basement? I will pay for all your roommates to get rooms at the Sunsetter if you want… Please?… I am not going to play the ‘I pay for the mortgage’ card, but I do, you know… Thanks, Dawnie… Oh, can you pick up more blood from the bank? I know we can’t take too much, but he still needs it to heal. I don’t know what Angel did… I guess I will become the bank then… I am not asking you to do it… I am sure he will appreciate it when he comes to… he will come to… thanks, I will be over there shortly after sunset.” Buffy hung up and called a different number. “It’s me… I found him this morning… Sorry to worry you, but this is the first time I have gotten the opportunity to call… Angel… I know… I couldn’t believe it either… Giles? He’s bad off… like Angel from Hell only worse… No, he isn’t trying to hurt me… he seems to be comforted when I touch him when he gets agitated… I am going to move him to the house… he’s destroyed almost the whole place. He even kicked the TV, luckily that didn’t break… Could you get some blood? I think he needs human and Dawn already got a bunch from the blood bank. She pretty much wiped them out… Yeah, I am going to get him over there and settled then come over here and settle up the bill… I guess over two thou of damage… Don’t worry, he can afford it…Yes, it turns out he has some money, that pig... Thanks… Bye.” Buffy hung up the phone for the second time and looked down at the quiet vampire. Instead of seeing his peaceful, yet bruised face, she saw two very confused, very intelligent, and very vibrant blue eyes. She blinked and sighed, “Spike, I know you are in there. Please, baby come back to me. I need you.” She smiled slightly, trying to make him more at ease. The vampire blinked at her words, trying to decipher what she said. He gave his trademark grin like he understood and cooed. Buffy was shocked, never, not even when they were having their illicit love affair did he ever make a sound that even resembled a coo. It was nothing like his purr, but she figured it symbolized something similar.

Spike brought his hand up to her face, brushing his fingers against her cheek in a soothing manner. She smiled into his palm and he cooed some more, happy that he was giving his saving angel some comfort. She smiled down and brushed her fingers across the planes of his face. He breathed in, taking in her familiar scent. Something about her scent made his mind feel less muddled and at peace, and sometimes it stopped the voices in his head. At first in the warehouse, the voices were quite quiet. He was strung up by his arms and badly beaten by the devil, they just whispered in the back of his head. Every once in a while they would scream, “Nothing, no one, beneath her.” Then his saving angel swooped down and freed his arm from its confines. The devil came and grabbed his saving angel, meaning to do her harm. He knew that he had to save the angel or he would never be saved. The voices got louder after he was freed an in the safe arms of his saving angel and as day break approached. “You don’t deserve love.” When they got into the room the voices got overwhelming, causing great pain in his head. He tried everything to make them stop. “You are nothing, boy. Do you really think she loves you? You don’t deserve her love, monster.” His angel tried to hold him down. Get him to stop throwing things, but he needed to throw things. It made the voices quieter. She was saying something. Her mouth was moving, yet he only heard incoherent noise. She smiled sweetly and he felt his chest constrict with need. He needed her to smile, to be happy. Now she was moving. The voices in his head started up again. “Monster!” He whimpered and she stopped moving and look down at him. He turned towards her and hugged her waist. The voices quieted down again as he settled his head against her soft stomach.

Buffy stopped moving off the bed when she heard his strangled whimper. He immediately wrapped his arms around her torso and buried his head in her stomach. She drew her fingers threw his hair. He settled down and she sat back. “Spike, we have to get up and go to the house. This isn’t a good place for us right now.” He nuzzled her belly button, just like he used to while making love. Buffy felt the familiar stirrings in her lower regions, but tried to squash the desire. Spike sniffed and a low purr started. He moved his head closer to the source of the intoxicating smell. Buffy clamped her thighs together willing the intense feelings away, but Spike had other ideas. She felt his growing erection against her leg and she said, “Even like this, its all he thinks about.” Buffy chuckled and his head popped up from breathing in her aroused scent. She looked down into those questioning eyes and shook her head. He growled deep and she shook her head again. This wasn’t the time to be intimate. She moved away, holding Spike in his place on the bed. “No, Spike, we can’t. We have to get to the house. Come on, let’s go.” He growled again. “No, Spike. Come on, behave.” He shook his head and reached for her. He grabbed her waist and brought her back to the bed.

She let him pull her back just because she didn’t want to make him upset. With his wounds healing, he was also becoming stronger. She didn’t want to have to fight him to get him to the house. Hopefully she could persuade him. He was nuzzling her stomach and crotch, bringing her desire forward. She gasped as she felt his cold tongue running around and inside her belly button. Buffy squirmed, trying to extricate herself from the bed, but Spike’s arms were encircling her. She reached down and cupped his chin, bringing his head towards hers. She brought his mouth down to hers. Fireworks exploded behind her eyes as their lips touched. His lips crashed down after the initial contact. His cock strained against the fabric of his jeans, begging for release. Blindly, he moved his kisses to cover her face, trying to consume her beauty.

He ground his pelvis against hers, driving both bodies insane. “Spike, we shouldn’t,” she was speaking again and he had no idea or any want to understand her communication at the moment. His hands moved up and down her body with want. “We should wait until you are better.” He stopped his sloppy kisses to peer down at his saving angel. Even though he didn’t understand her words, he saw it in her eyes: worry, want, wanton desire, all rolled up into one. He nodded his head and went back to her mouth. His tongue violently plunged down into hers making her cry out. His hands found her breasts and he squeezed the sensitive globes fiercely. His cock grew longer as pre-cum oozed out of his slit, coating his dickhead and jeans. Trying to find the friction he knew would bring him release he started to dry hump Buffy’s leg. “Ahhh, stop!” Spike raised his face again to look at her. He saw in her eyes fear and confusion. Spike nuzzled Buffy’s face trying to figure out why the change of moods. His pelvis was moving on its own volition, up and down, grinding hard and harder.

Buffy grabbed the back of Spike’s head trying to get his attention. He looked up again and his humping slowed down. “Spike, please, baby.” He titled his head to the side and looked questioningly. His lower region told him to continue with his task to make him feel better, yet something in his head told him to stop. His body responded to the mixed signals and slowed down. Buffy took his hand off her breast and kissed his palm. “Sweetie, I get that you want me. Mr. Big Bad,” she raised her hips to come in contact with what she was talking about, “is making that loud and clear, but sweetie slow down.” It occurred to Buffy that at this point, Spike wasn’t going anywhere until he finished with his mission and gave totally in. She moved his hand back to her breast and moved his hand in a gentle circular way. “See, no need to grab.” Her nipple started to bud, pressing itself into his hand. Spike felt the difference and looked down at the breast. He took his hand away and looked at the hardened pebble on top of her breast. He moved to the other and duplicated the movement she showed him. To his pleasure, he got the same response.

Spike brought his mouth down to the unoccupied, yet clothed, breast and began to lick and suck at the peak. A deep moan came from Buffy as Spike’s tongue encircled her sensitive peak, his hand massaged her other breast and his lower region was dry humping hers. She flipped them over and towered above him. Spike whimpered at the loss of his new suck toy, but stared up as she took her shirt totally off. His hands flew to her bra-covered breasts and began to knead them again. Her hips started to undulate on their own accord, grinding down on his desire. She mewed as his hands squeezed her breasts and his pelvis thrust up. She looked down at his almost perfect face, barely any evidence of the previous night’s torture. His wide blue eyes looked up at her with such love and devotion, she almost forgot that he was broken. Buffy lean down to capture his mouth. He let go of her breast and brought his hand to the back of her head, holding it to his. Their tongues parried with each other as his need grew. She pulled away slightly to give the indication of taking off the rest of their clothing, but Spike misinterpreted her action and growled. “Shh, baby. Gotta take off the rest.” His tongue snaked out and licked her cheek from chin to eyebrow. “Oh my god, baby, I want you so much… never be without you again.” She knew she was babbling, but the things he was doing with his mouth and tongue was driving her over the edge.

Buffy managed to unbutton and unzip both their pants before she tried to wiggle out of hers. He watched as she took both the pants and underwear off in one action. He breathed in her intoxicating scent and his body took over again. He grabbed her as she was finishing taking off her bra, throwing her to the bed, but he missed. She fell on the dirty floor, littered with the product of his angry tantrums. He quickly shimmied out of his own pants and mounted her on the floor. She opened her legs as he approached and arched her back as he entered. His long length slid in and her muscles welcomed his cock. Spike pulled back and thrust hard again. His hard rhythm continued, driving Buffy hard into the floor next to the bed. She arched up, changing the penetration angle. Spike looked down with his stormy blue eyes and watched as her body responded to his. Her eyes closed with sweat beading on her forehead. Her mouth was forming a perfect O and her breathe coming out ragged and fast. Her neck arched up with perspiration pooling in the little indentation near her collarbone. Her breasts bounced up and down every time he slide in and out of her wet, hot passage. Spike grinned, knowing her was making her body respond. His head dipped down, licking up the sweat on her neck. Buffy’s body tightened up as she felt him move towards her neck. She remembered the discussion near the pool about sex and biting. She thought to herself: is this it? Is the demon in charge? Will it hurt? Will she be able to move him to the house? What if a maid came in tomorrow and she was incapacitated? Would Spike attack, trying to protect himself and me? All the thoughts entered her brain at the same time, making her stiffen. Spike felt the change of her body and stopped lapping up the sweet sweat. He looked up into her eyes and saw the confusion and fear. Drawing up, he stopped thrusting, confused at her expression and fear.

Spike cocked his head to the side as he looked down. Buffy opened her eyes, looking up at her lover’s face. She reached up and caressed his face. Spike nuzzled her hand as she moved it down to his cheek. Both reassured, Spike brought up his pelvis and Buffy wrapped her legs around his. Her feet rested on his butt as he went back down slowly. Spike dipped his face back down and peppered her face with light kisses. Buffy, in turn, nuzzled his neck, breathing in his unique scent. “God, baby, the things you do to me. You make me burn for you.” Spike stopped his worship of her face to look down at her. She arched up when he found her special spot and smiled as her orgasm neared. “So near, baby. Give me more. Make me come.” Spike smirked and increased his pace, hitting her g-spot, sending her over the edge. With her muscles spasming, Spike quickly thrust himself over his edge, sending his cool semen into her womb. Coming down from her euphoric daze, Buffy felt Spike go into his, triggering another one for her.

They lay on the floor for minutes, each coming down from their daze. Spike moved first by nuzzling Buffy’s ear. She stroked his back and he began to purr in contentment. Right when Buffy was ready to try to move out from under Spike, she felt him tense. He thrusted up further inside her and filled her again with his seed. She looked at him, questioning. He never had just come like that. He looked down and whispered something she couldn’t quite get. “Honey, what was that?” He growled as she moved. His hands held her down on the floor as she tried to get up. His growl turned constant as she struggled to free herself. “Spike, let go! I mean it.” His growling stopped, but his hands held her underneath him. Buffy pushed up with all her might and disengaged him, penis and all, from her body.

She rose and reached for her clothes. Spike stood up and stalked over to the busy woman. She whipped around at the last minute and held up her hand. “Hold it, Mr., you are going to get dressed and we are going to pack the car and then we are going to go over to the house.” He continued to stalk close to her, ready to capture his woman and deposit his scent on her again. “Get dressed, bleach blond.” If Spike was in there, somewhere in this demon, she knew that the nickname would draw him out. His eyes cleared, almost as they were in a haze, and he backed off for a moment. “Now, Spike, listen. I know you are in there and I am going to get you out, baby. Just stick with me. I’ll take care of you.” She grabbed his shoulders and kissed him hard on his mouth. “We have to get to the house. Okay? This place… not safe, the maid… can walk in any moment. We are going to get dressed and head over there. Are you with me?” He nodded his head numbly. “Good, get dressed.” He did as she commanded; almost like he was a marionette she was pulling his strings.

Spike followed Buffy’s directions perfectly. He helped her pack the bags with his stuff. She got him into the car through the driver’s side because he refused to get in another door and be away from her. She drove them to the house on Revello and got him into the house. Dawn was in the kitchen, cooking some dinner when they arrived.

“What took you so long?” Dawn came out of the kitchen. Spike growled as she neared. Dawn put her arms up, “Hey, remember me, Spike. I’m your nibblet. I fed you today.” Dawn stopped where she was standing when Spike growled fiercely.

He lunged towards her, but Buffy was quicker. She ran in between the two to stop Spike from getting to Dawn. He cried out as he collided with her body and they fell to the ground. “Spike, it’s Dawn. She is your friend. We do not hurt out friends, remember?” Spike looked at Buffy’s face, looking for signs of hurting her. Whimpering, Spike buried his head into Buffy’s lap. “Shh, it’s OK, baby. Everything will be fine.” She patted his head and looked at Dawn. “Sorry, he’s sorta acting like, kinda in between, Tara when Glory brain sucked her and me when I came back, ya know? Kinda not sure who everyone is and not able to talk.” Dawn nodded watching Spike. “Let’s get him to the basement… I think he needs to lie down.” Buffy indicated to Spike to get up and follow her.

Spike struggled against the bonds that his lover was putting on him. She patted his head lovingly and shook hers as she continued to bind him to the basement wall. “I’m sorry, Spike. I hate doing this. I love you. You didn’t give us any other choice.” The first straw was when she took him down to the basement; he just followed her back up to the kitchen. The second straw was when she locked the basement door and he howled through the wood; he pounded and kicked against it. The third was his yanking Buffy through the door and causing her to fall down the steps to the floor with him following on top of her. The last straw was when he growled and snapped his jaws at Dawn when they were trying to get him back into the basement. He whimpered as Buffy headed up the steps and she walked back to his body. “Baby, please understand. I have to go back to the hotel and settle the bill before they see the room. I’ll be back as soon as I can.” The chains and manacles hindered his movement, but he still managed to grab Buffy and pull her into his lap. His face came down and nuzzled her cheek while cooing again. She took this as a sign he understood and would behave.

“You know having a non-communicative overly protective vampire boyfriend can be very dangerous and very tiring.” Buffy announced as she came into the living room.

“I bet. So is he going to be OK?” Dawn knew if push came to shove Spike wouldn’t harm her, but she didn’t want to be pushed or shoved anytime soon.

“Yeah, he seemed to understand that I had to go but I would be back. You know it’s strange… one minute he is docile like a kitten and the next he is roaring like a lion.” Buffy looked out the bay window.

“I wonder what is going on in his head?”

“I have no clue, Dawnie, but I think we should be careful with who sees Spike and who he sees.” Buffy shivered.

“Yeah, what did Angel do to him anyways?” Dawn looked through the window, trying to see what Buffy was staring at.

“Broke him or something. He said something about him not being worthy or some sort of shit… Look Dawn, I need to go to the hotel and settle the bill before he gets too anxious down there. You think you will be alright?” Dawn nodded. Buffy went over to her sister and hugged her, “I’ll be back as soon as I can. In the mean time try not to move much, I think he can hear the creaks and squeaks downstairs and he may become more restless.” With that request Buffy was out the door.
~*~*~
And hour and a half later Buffy was walking down the steps into the basement. Spike woke up with her scent drifting towards him. He let out a small growl as she reached him and undid his bonds. “Sorry, baby, but I had to go back to the hotel. Do you know how much you destroyed?” She tried to laugh as she freed his second arm. His arms reached around her to bring her closer so he could re-acquaint himself with her neck and smells. A small purr rumbled from his chest yet again. “OK, baby. I heard you were a good boy and deserve a treat.” His eyes lit up, almost in recognition of past events, and nodded his head. “Come on, it’s food time.” She preceded him up the stairs and into the empty kitchen. She went about heating up his dinner as he stood near the kitchen island. She finished heating up the last of the blood bags that Dawn ‘borrowed’ from the blood bank and gave him the mug. Spiked looked down at the warm liquid then up to Buffy and then down again. He gave a shrug and downed the mug in a couple gulps.

KNOCK

Buffy left the kitchen to get the front door. Sam stepped through just as Spike followed his missing love. A loud piercing shrieking growl was heard for a mile as Spike lunged towards the embracing friends. Sam found himself thrown down the front steps and landing hard on the concrete. Spike followed in a flying leap, landing on his feet in front of Sam. Buffy ran out still dazed from the blow Spike delivered between her and Sam.

Spike was kicking Sam’s prone body, growling and sneering. His face was vamped and his claws digged into Sam’s arms. Buffy grabbed Spike’s shoulder, trying to get his attention, but he shrugged her off. She fell backwards watching her lover beat up her best friend. “Spike stop it!” He looked back, but continued his assault. She jumped up and jumped onto Spike’s back. He stumbled back with the weight on his back. They rammed in, back first, into one of the pillars on the front porch. “Ahhhhhhhh!” The shock jolted Buffy and she let go. Spike turned around, ready to attack his own attacker. His face softened and changed back into his human guise. She looked up from where she was lying, hurt and unable to move for the time being. “Spike, please,” she whispered. He dropped down to his knees between her and Sam’s unconscious body. “Please Spike.” Tears ran down his face staring at his love hurt on the ground. Snapping out of his stupor he picked he slid his hand under her knees and her back to pick her up. He carried her into the house and down to the basement, the only place he knew. He gently laid her down on the worn out old mattress near where she initially bound him to the wall. He went about cooing and smoothing her hair, trying to figure out how to help. “Spike, get Dawn.” He didn’t move. “Please, Spike… Go get Dawn.”

Racing up the stairs, Spike found Dawn asleep on her bed. Stalking over, he grabbed the sleeping woman and carried her down to Buffy. She woke up almost immediately and screamed. Spike just walked faster down stairs. “Buffy?” Dawn said as Spike put her down next to his love. He motioned for Dawn to help. “What happened?”

“I’ll be fine… just going to help Sam.” Spike growled and his face changed. “No, Spike… come here.” She opened her arms for him to crawl into. “Go, Dawn while I am holding him. Get Sam to the hospital.” With that, Dawn ran up the stairs like Satan himself was on her heels.

They arrived at the hospital ten minutes later. Sam woke up in the car but was still badly injured. The doctors patched up his scratch marks from both claws and teeth. They couldn’t give him a transfusion because mysteriously the blood bank was having a shortage. He refused to stay the night for observation and they let him go.

Meanwhile down in the basement, Buffy held onto Spike. “I will find a way to make you better, Spike… I will.”