Chapter 12: Visitor

The tall brunette man stepped out from the airplane onto the tarmac of LAX. He blinked at the change of light levels as he made his way to the luggage carrier. He traveled overnight on a red eye to get to his destination. People around him watched as the strange man picked up his luggage and headed towards the car rentals. It was time to head towards the little town called Sunnydale and find out what was going on. Buffy cut off all communication a couple days ago and he KNEW something was wrong. She called at least four times a week, twice that on the weekend, to see how the club was doing. The lack of calls made his senses go wild. Something was wrong and he was going to get down to it.
~*~*~
In the middle of the afternoon, after Buffy’s bath, Katerina called. They set up a meeting time to start weight training away from Giles and the Scoobies. The hotel that Buffy moved to had a full weight room, including aerobic equipment, and stamina equipment. It also boasted of a therapeutic hot tub specifically for the weight room. Buffy couldn’t wait until Katerina came by to start training so she left a message at the front desk with for Katerina that Buffy was in the training room already. She walked into the room that smelled of sweat in a pink and gray spandex workout shorts and matching sports bra. First up was stretching then a little aerobic work. Buffy was in the middle of jumping rope when Katerina walked in the training room. Buffy smiled and finished up her set before setting the rope down.

“Wow, how do you do that?” Katerina asked as Buffy finished.

“Do what? Jump rope?” Buffy shrugged.

“No, I mean yes, but all the fast and fancy twirling like boxers do.”

“It’s an agility thing. You will be able to do it, too.”

“I don’t know about that. I can barely run a mile without getting winded.” Buffy walked over to the wall and did her stretching routine again.

“Sure you will you are a slayer. You just have to tap into the slayer abilities. Once you learn to tap into yourself than jumping rope like that or running 10 miles will be no biggie. Trust me.” Buffy motioned for Katerina to mimic Buffy’s stretches.

“How do I tap into myself?” Katerina walked over beside Buffy and started to repeat her earlier moves.

“It will come in time. Just like the slayer sense A.K.A. spidey sense. It will come, you just have to learn to listen.” Buffy continued to stretch, teaching Katerina some deep stretches. After five minutes Buffy moved over to a set of stationary bikes and motioned for Katerina to take one. “First, we need to build your stamina. I think a solid thirty-minute ride will do. See this gauge? I want you to try to keep it in this area,” Buffy motioned to the gauge that measured MPH. “I know it will be hard, but your body should be able to do it.”

The two slayers spent the day in the training room working on Katerina’s stamina. She was able to peddle for 45 minutes and run on a running machine for 30 more. She also was able to work with more than 100 pounds on the weight training machines. Buffy was pleased at the results, anxious to work more. Katerina was thrilled to find out that not only did she have amazing stamina, but also muscles.
~*~*~*~
The tall lanky man rented a standard size car and made his journey to the only known address he had: 1630 Revello Drive. Hopefully Dawn was home to help him in the search of his best friend, Lizzy. Sam drove through the streets of the deceptively quiet town in search of Revello Drive.

After three trips around the town, he finally found the small street of Revello and went about his task of finding Lizzy’s teenage home. He parked the car on the street outside the house and made his way up the walk to knock on the door.

A bubbly red head answered the door. Sam took a step back, not expecting another to answer the door. “Yes?” She asked irritatedly.

“Is Dawn home?” Her irritate expression fell into a scowl. All the cute guys came for Dawn.

Denise stomped to the steps and screamed, “Dawn, there is someone here to see you.” She left the befuddled man standing on the porch as she stomped her way to the kitchen. Dawn came bounding down the stairs two at a time to see her visitor. She was studying, but was anxious for a break.

“Sam!” She flew into his arms for a hug. “Buffy didn’t tell me you were coming.”

“She didn’t know. I haven’t heard from her in a while so I thought I should make sure she was OK.” Dawn grasped his hand and dragged him inside into the living room.

“Yeah, she is. Fine. The baddies seem to have dispersed for a while. But you know how that goes.” They both sat down. Dawn was sitting in a chair and Sam was sitting on the leather sofa.

“Um, not really. There weren’t many baddies, as in the non-human kind on the island. Just the run of the mill human baddies.” Sam shrugged. He saw Lizzy take care of patrons that were too drunk, but she never totally beat up someone.

“Oh, yeah. Buffy said she didn’t run into many vamps down there. So I am guessing you want to know where Buffy is?” Dawn wasn’t sure how she was going to tell Sam she had no idea where Buffy was staying. She could give Spike’s room, but after the way he left the house to look for her yesterday, it might not be a good idea.

“That would be nice, but we didn’t get a chance to sit and talk last time you were on the island. I miss you, buttons.”

“Awe, stop it, Sam.”

“Can’t help it, you have a cute button nose.” He looked at her adoringly.

The phone rang in the kitchen and Denise yelled, “Dawn, it’s for you.” Dawn excused herself from Sam and walked into the kitchen. Dawn walked back in with a cordless phone and handed it to Sam mouthing ‘It’s Buf.’

“Hello there, Lizardbreath.” She hated that name. Sam is an avid Sunday Morning Comic reader and picked the name up from ‘For Better of Worse.’

“Sam? Oh my god! Why are you at my sisters?”

“Came to check up on you, Lizzy. Can’t a guy check up his best friend when she hasn’t called in weeks?”

“It hasn’t been that long, Sammy.” He gritted his teeth, but didn’t try to strike back. He deserved his hated pet name when he used hers. “So dish, why you here? Going to hook up with my sister finally?” Sam blushed and dusked his head away from Dawn. If she only knew that he had a crush on her.

“Where you at?”

“A hotel in the downtown area called the Sunsetter. It’s nice; do you want me to see if they have any vacancies? I am sure they do.”

“Nah, I already got me a room at the Day’s Inn at the edge of town. What’s the number there? We can get together tomorrow?” The two friends hung up and Dawn got a new piece of information, the hotel Buffy was staying in. The pair sat in the living room, hanging out. Studying was forgotten by one and the possible fate of a friend forgotten by the other.
~*~*~
“I can’t believe she was defending that blood sucker after he left her!” Xander paced around the room in front of Willow. She was sitting in a chair on the far end of the living room. Anya was putting their child to bed in another room.

“He didn’t leave her. They just are having a misunderstanding.” A nagging feeling in the pit of Willow’s stomach was making her try to talk Xander out of his heinous plan.

“How can you say that, he kicked her out!”

“He was jealous! Xander, he has spent the last 6 years wondering the what ifs of their relationship.”

“Like what if he actually raped her?” He threw his arms up in defeat. Willow was trying to talk him out of his brilliant plan.

“Xander, that is in the past. Buffy has moved past that, why can’t you?”

“Look, Willow, are you in or out? That’s what I need to know.” Xander stopped pacing and stopped right in front of Willow. “Are you going to help us save Buffy or not?”

At that moment Anya came back into the room and sat down on the couch. “Save her from what?”

“Ahhhhhhhh!” Xander glared at his wife. “From the bleached undead! I am working with monkeys here!” He yelled at the ceiling.

“Well you don’t have to be nasty about it.” Anya crossed her arms on her chest. “I was asking a simple question and you have to go all name call-y. Well, hear me mister… no orgasms for you tonight!” Anya sat back and smiled to herself. No orgasms for him tonight would teach him well.

“God, Anya. Stay on task! Remember? Saving Buffy from Spike?”

“I don’t see what the big deal is, honey. She seems to be enjoying all her orgasms he gives her and believe me, he is good at that!”

“Oh my God… you did not just say what you just said!” Anya looked at him curiously. What did she just say? “I thought we agreed never to bring that up ever again!”

“Xander, I can’t help that he is good at that! And the fact is that yes, Spike and I had mutually enjoyable sex together. But we moved past that. I don’t see much of a difference.”

“He tried to RAPE her and not to mention all those times he tried to kill us.” Xander couldn’t believe he was surrounded by traitors.

“Since he fell in love with her, when was the last time he tried to kill us?” Willow waited a beat for a non-existent answer. “And Buffy got over the whole bathroom thing, why can’t you?”

“Look, I am not discussing this anymore! Are you two in or not?” Xander stood there waiting for an answer.

“Honey, you know whatever you do, I will support you.” Anya uncrossed her arms and hugged her husband. Xander looked towards Willow and noticed a slight nod of her head.”

“Great! Now, on to the plan and remember… code names only. I called the Mob and they said that the mobsters will be in town to capture ESB. Also, we will need to incapacitate the champion: physically or by distraction.”

“Why can’t you speak in normal terms, you sound like a prophecy?”

“What if someone was listening? They might not know what we were talking about.”

“Xander, you are paranoid.”

“Yeah, but I’m going to save Buffy.” Both Anya’s and Willow’s eyes rolled as Xander continued his conspiracy.