Chapter 10: Rejection

Buffy found an opening and pushed Angel away. He was holding her so tightly, she couldn’t move, but he let down his defenses and she took it. “And what about me? Huh? Think I am going to give him up?”

“If you love him, you will.” He stalked over closer to her, but she moved away. The eyes on the sidewalk were still gazing up at the room. She pushed the Neanderthal being away and started to yell at him. He came close to her again and she moved away. The scene in front of him was not what he once thought it was. She was declining his advances, not accepting them.

“Is that a threat, Angel? Going to kill him?” She wagged her head in a taunting manner.

“Nah, there are other ways. I will make it so you won’t want to be around him or visa versa.” Angel stood up and puffed his chest out, in a manner not unlike scared animals.

“Angelus?”

“No, it’s me, babe. This has nothing to do with him. You are mine and don’t forget it.” He strode back over to her. Buffy whipped out a stake she hidden behind her.

“Stay away, Angel. Don’t do anything to Spike or me. Your claim or whatever you think you have over me is gone. It’s been gone for a long time. You forfeited any right you had when you walked away from me after graduation.”

“I don’t think so, child. I am your master!”

“First, I am not your childe or a child. It’s been over 10 years, Angel. Let us go!”

“No!” At that, angel stormed out of the room. It was true that it has been ten years, but he still had her first and he will not let go of her. Not that easily. Hopefully Spike had taken his warning to heart and will stay away from Buffy. The inherent disobedience from both made him very angry.

Cold eyes followed the hulking man out of the hotel. He jumped in his car and sped away. The figure slowly inched his way away, knowing she was safe for the moment.

~*~*~
“Dawn, what hotel are Buffy and Spike at?” Xander asked through the phone. It was time for a confrontation.

“They were staying at The Radisson. Why?”

“I want to go over and talk to Buffy. What do you mean they were there? Did they leave town?”

“No, not that I know of. I just know Buffy changed hotels. I don’t know the new one.”

“Why’d they switch?” Dawn thought: Damn, I wish that I didn’t have to lie.

“I don’t know, but Spike just left here two hours ago. He might still be at the Radisson.”

“Wait, what? Dawnie what are you saying?” Xander’s voice held an optimistic hope. Spike and Buffy weren’t at the same hotel.

“Xander, look, this isn’t my place… all I know is that Buffy moved out. I am sure Spike is looking for her as we speak.”

“Did they get in a fight?” Xander was doing the snoopy dance in his head and almost out in public.

“Xander, that isn’t something I can tell you. I would call the hotel and find out which room Spike is in. They are registered under Summers.” Dawn hung up the phone hoping that she had done the right thing. Giving Xander Spike’s whereabouts was risky, but she hoped he grew up through the years. Hopefully Spike was looking for Buffy anyways. When she came to drop the key off, Dawn asked Buffy where she was staying. Buffy, in turn, told her she didn’t want to put Dawn in the middle and didn’t want to force her to lie about where she was so she wasn’t going to tell Dawn.

“What luck!” Xander screamed as he hung up the phone. The trio of friends went back to Anya’s and Xander’s home. Both Anya’s and Willow’s heads jerked up and swiveled towards him. He was doing a very dorky version of the Snoopy Dance, prancing around his living room.

“What’s going on, Honey?” Anya asked, a little perplexed at the change of attitude her husband had, but happy that it looked like she was going to get orgasms that night.

“Something is going on with Buffy and him. She moved out of their hotel room for parts unknown.” Anya smiled at her husband indulgently as Willow looked concerned. “If we are going to succeed in making Buffy see what a disaster it would be to be with him, it’s now.”

“Xander, exactly what are you going to do?”

“See, Wills, it’s like this…” With that the form the plan was laid out. The three friends stayed up all night talking about the pros and cons of their plan. Xander sat in the living room laying grand plans out with hope to help Buffy eradicate Spike from her life and hopefully the world. Anya sat listening to Xander drone on about how to make Buffy run scared from Spike and how to drive him over the edge. Willow sat on the couch listening to Xander obsessed with breaking the two up.

A/N: The Plan you ask? Like I would tell you their plans. Ok, a hint: it involves past friends and enemies coming into town and causing chaos. Now, I wonder who can come back to town?