Ok, the real deal is, one night on BSV Chat with CopyKween, Ariel Dawn, and BloodyTearsOfLife one of these wonderful authors came up with the brilliant idea of “Spikesicles” and we shared our evil lust filled thoughts from there. Thus the evil plot bunny struck again! Copy, Ariel, BTOL …this is for you!






Chapter 1



It was an unbearably hot and sticky night, but Buffy did not notice. She was so frustrated with Spike. Why did that stupid vampire always get himself involved in evil shit? It only overshadowed all the progress he had made in proving himself to her. Then again, he was the Big Bad, so she should expect him to get involved in crap like this. On the other hand, it was good that he did; after all, he needed to maintain his link with the demon world. How else would Spike provide information to her if the demon world were not willing to work with him?

She let out the breath she was holding and sat down on a bench outside the Expresso Pump. Buffy felt better knowing she could reasonably justify Spike’s involvement with the demon eggs to herself. Riley would surely find her any moment, only to lay into her about her relationship with the bleached menace.

Pushing her hair out of her face, she leaned back, looking at the stars. Why the Powers That Be made her love life so complicated, she would never know. It was time for her to take back control and uncomplicated things. Other peoples’ opinions and her love life were unmixy things, and it was high time for her to let them know.

It was damn well time for her to be happy. That happiness would be postponed for just a little while though. Riley had snuck up on her from the opposite direction, and had proceeded to make a seat for himself next her. Great, Captain Cardboard is here, she thought to herself as she let out a slight giggle.

“What’s so funny?” Captain America asked.

“Just the way things turn out,” Buffy replied. ‘Yep, funny you idiot’ she thought. ‘I was just calling you a Spike-ism in my head, and you know what, I finally realized it fits you perfectly. Well, best not share that thought with soldier boy. She wiped the sweat off her forehead. Geesh it’s so hot, hope he’s quick.’

“Well, maybe we can go over to the Eskimo Hut and talk about this over some ice cream, my treat.”

It would figure, that sneaky bastard would try to get her as comfortable as possible before lecturing her. ‘What the hell,’ she figured, ‘I might as well go and entertain myself while Spike puts the crypt back together. Poor vamp; hope he doesn’t think I’m leaving him. Then again, let him sweat it out for a few. That’s what he gets for fucking with Suvolte Demon Eggs.’

“Sounds like a plan Riley. Let’s go,” Buffy replied. As they got up, Riley tried to put his arm around her, but Buffy stopped him.

“Look Riley, you’re married. Also, if you remember we parted on bad terms. I don’t even know if we can consider ourselves friends until I hear what you have to say.”

Riley had the same kicked and lost little puppy dog look that Angel would try to use to soften her up, but she was not backing down or giving in. She turned and made her way to the Eskimo Hut, Riley following silently beside her.

As they turned the corner, Spike stepped out from the shadows. With a smile on his face, he lit his fag.

“Captain Cardboard, you may have buggered up my night with m’lady, but looks like I won’t be the only one getting a tongue lashing tonight.”

Spike took off, following the pair in the shadows. As they entered the ice cream shop, he found himself a nice little corner with a view to hide himself as he listened in.


***


As Buffy slid into the booth inside the shop, she instantly was reminded that when you wear shorts, sliding onto a vinyl seat is not a good idea. She winced as she unstuck her legs from the vinyl and repositioned them more comfortably.

Buffy knew that Spike was watching them before, as he was now. She could not see him, but she could feel him. ‘Idiot vamp forgot about my spidery sense.’

The hostess passed each of them menus and took their order for beverages. She had a strange name on her name badge, “Kween”, well must be an inside joke, and at least it wasn’t Queen C. Buffy figured she wanted to make this as quick as possible so she could settle things with Spike. While she held her menu in front of her, Riley finally spoke.

“I guess there is no way for me to say this, but you are going to stop doing whatever you’re doing with Spike. I’m concerned for you Buffy.”

Behind the menu, Buffy just rolled her eyes, and shortly lowered her menu down, locking eyes with him.

“Riley, with whom I have relations with, is none of your concern. Don’t forget, you are married; shouldn’t you be with your wife and not your ex-girlfriend,” Buffy said with a quirked eyebrow before raising the menu and continuing to look at it.

“But I’m still your friend, and I respect what we had at one time enough to know that if you’re heading down the wrong path to help lead you on the right one.”

Buffy knew her patience was not going to last very long. ‘My patience is like Riley’s stamina in bed. Now Spike in bed, talk about lasting long!’ She just put her menu down and put her best fake smile on.

“Riley, it’s so sweet of you to be concerned. I should remind you, I am the Slayer…”

“And a Slayer has a Watcher to guide them.”

“Being the Chosen One means a short life span, thus equally a short period of happiness.” Time with Spike meant very little wait time to happiness. He worshiped her, he adored her, but most importantly, he respected her. The sooner she was done with Riley, the sooner she could get her hands on one very well endowed vampire, who knew just how to make her feel good.

“I’m just trying to make sure you get that happiness. That path shouldn’t include acting like a whore and screwing a corpse.”

Buffy dropped the smile. Clearly, this conversation was going to end up with them parting on bad terms, or her cracking his face in. She was beyond frustrated with her life, except for her relationship with Spike. The only frustration there was that she had prevented their relationship from being brought out into the open. That would change.

“Riley, you left. Do you know what happened when you left? My mother died. A tacky goddess with a lopsided ass tried to kill my sister. I jumped off a tower. I died. All of my friends, my family, and the man that loves me were devastated. While they were coping, I took a short little field trip to Heaven. Then my friends decided to resurrect me and rip me out of Heaven because they thought I was in a hell dimension.” Her voice was flat and neutral, and she saw Riley flinch at her words.

“Buffy, I’m so sorry. I didn’t know…I-”

“I don’t really fucking care for your patronizing Riley. This is what I’m trying to say, so listen. When I came back from Heaven, everyone expected me to act like nothing happened. I couldn’t bear to tell them that I wasn’t in a hell dimension.”

“Buffy, I’m trying to be sympathetic that I found you in bed fucking that thing. You’re hostility isn’t helping,” he chided.

“He’s not a thing Riley,” Buffy argued back.

“He’s a walking corpse Buffy!”

The two former loves just stared each other down. Spike moved a little closer, flabbergasted that she was speaking up for him, for them. He wanted to be able to go in there, wrap his arms around her, and protect her from the soddin’ soldier boy.

“He loves me,” she stated, the words feeling right.

“Vampires can’t love. Look at tonight, look at the Suvolte demon eggs. He was fucking you in the crypt with those things in there; he put your life in danger. That’s not love.”

“You know nothing of love, Riley. Spike wouldn’t have had them in there if we couldn’t handle them. We make a good team when it comes to handling beasties.”

“I stuck by you, even after I found out about what it means to be the Slayer. I did that out of love. Now I have a wife, whom I adore, because I love her Buffy.” Buffy stared at him in disbelief, watching as the garbage came out of his mouth.

“You left! You screwed around on me with those vamp sluts…that I still haven’t thanked Spike for yet. Then you left. Which part of that did you fucking forget Riley? You. Fucking. Left. Why? You thought you understood what it meant to be the slayer, but you NEVER did.”

“And Spike does?”

“Spike never left me. Even in death he never left me,” Buffy softly spoke and directed her eyes out the window to where she felt Spike to be. “That makes him more of a man than any other who walk this earth. That is why I love him.”

Spike did everything in his power to hold himself back from running into the shop and taking her in his arms. He would still get an earful about the demon eggs, but hell it did not matter. She loved him and told someone else about it. He would have to wait for her to come to him. He stepped out of the shadows, outside of Riley’s view, and locked eyes with Buffy. He winked at her, and whispered back that he loved her too. Their little period of bliss was interrupted when the waitress came back to the table.

“Sir, what will you have?” The waitress asked as she pulled down the pencil from her hair.

“I’ll have a banana split sundae. The lady will have a small sundae with…”

“Riley, I can order for myself. Your wife might let you do that, but I don’t.”

Both Kween and Spike raised an eyebrow at Buffy’s little quip.

“Ok miss, what would you like?” Kween asked, flashing Buffy a smile that she returned.

“Well, I really want a specially made sundae, do you do custom flavors?” Buffy asked as a wicked idea popped into her head, causing her to rub her legs together.

“Of course miss, that’s what we are famous for here at the Eskimo Hut.”

“Great. Can I take it to go?”

“Absolutely.”

“Great. What I really want is the creamsicle super sundae kit, without the creamsicle in it.”

“Well, they come prepackaged so I can’t take it out.” Kween did not want to upset the little spitfire sitting at her table, but she admired the way that the blond stuck up for herself against the chauvinistic pig she was with.

Riley just looked at Buffy, shocked that she was going to get up and leave him for the evil bloodsucker.

“That will work. I’ll have all the ingredients I need for my special treat,” Buffy replied with a large smile.

Riley was interested in where Buffy was taking this conversation at this point, reluctantly he asked her.

“What kind of treat is that Buffy?”

“My favorite – Spikesicle Sundae!” She got up and turned around to speak to the still sitting Riley before getting her goody pack.

“And Riley, if I so much as find out you trying to poke your nose into my relationship with Spike or if you ever hurt him…” she leaned down and looked Riley straight in the eye, and lowered her voice, “I.WILL.FUCKING.KILL.YOU.” She stood up, patted him patronizingly on the head and continued in her regular voice. “Now, Riley, I am going to leave here with my things, find Spike, and have my way with his luscious cock all night long. And trust me; he will make me scream for more.”

She stood up and spun around to go pick up her order. At the same time, Spike had come in to claim what was his. Buffy had sensed him moving closer, and was prepared to embrace him as she turned around.

“Love you pet, all of you,” he whispered into her ear, nuzzling her neck.

“I love you, Spike,” she replied, before capturing his lips.

The blond couple poured everything into that one kiss; then holding hands they swiftly departed the Eskimo Hut, sundae kit swigging between them.

“Yum, I think I’d prefer a Spikesicle too,” Kween dreamily stated as she handed Riley the bill.


**Ok, Y'all know how it works...lots of reviews makes my happy fingers type faster!