Buffy frowned when she heard a knock at their front door and pulled herself up from where she'd been resting against Spike on the couch. "Who could that be?"

"Probably the loud Slayer," Spike said, standing up.

"The 'loud Slayer?'" Buffy asked, eyebrow arched.

"Yeah. That was the problem earlier. Couple of roommates weren't getting along. I'm moving one of them to her own room."

"Just like that? Couldn't you have tried some mediating first?"

"Do I look like a teen counselor? The two of them were obviously mismatched, Buffy." Spike went to answer the door.

Buffy came up behind him and peeked out the door as Spike opened it, wanting to see who this "loud Slayer" was. She frowned, realizing she wasn't one of the ones Buffy already knew.

And that she was absolutely gorgeous.

"So, um, Spike, right?" the other Slayer asked, a bag slung over her shoulder.

"Yeah. Didn't catch your name earlier." Spike said.

"Emma Rawlings," she replied, holding out her hand.

Spike shook it. "Nice to meet you then, Emma."

Buffy pushed forward, standing slightly between Emma and Spike and resting her hand possessively on her fiancé's shoulder. "And I'm Buffy," she said.

"Yeah, I know. It's good to finally meet you. You're like a legend around here with the other Slayers. Is it true you battled a god?"

"Yep. And the root of all evil, too. So tell me, Emma, how long have you been a Slayer?"

"I got Called a year ago, when most of the girls did, but I've only been here about a month. That's when Mr. Giles found me and told me I was a Slayer."

Buffy swallowed. Spike was arranging for special accommodations for this girl and Giles had brought her here himself? Visions of a Faith sequel danced through her head… "So is Giles your Watcher now?" Buffy asked, trying to keep her tone as conversational as she could.

"Oh, no. I haven't even seen him since I left home. I don't have a Watcher," Emma said.

"You don't have a Watcher?" Buffy asked. "I know we're a little short on them, what with the explosion and all, but…"

"Oh, I had one," Emma said quickly. "But she asked that she be placed with someone else."

"Did she now?" Buffy asked, eyebrow arched.

Emma shifted, her nervousness apparent. "I didn't work well under her training guidelines."

"I'm sure she'll have a new Watcher soon enough, pet," Spike said. "You didn't have one for a while either, if memory serves. Nor do you have one now."

Buffy shot Spike a look. "Well, are you going to show her to her new room?" she asked briskly.

Spike glanced at Buffy for a moment, trying to figure out what was up with her before he decided she must be having another one of her weird mood swings. "Yeah. Come on, Emma. We need to go get the key first."

"It was nice to meet you, Buffy," Emma said, smiling at the older Slayer.

"Yeah, you, too."

Spike frowned, able to tell Emma had picked up on Buffy's less-than-sincere tone. Even with her hormones going all wonky, this wasn't like Buffy. "All right, then," he said. "I'll be back soon, luv."

"Uh huh," Buffy replied, turning around and walking off.

"She doesn't like me," Emma said once the door was shut behind them and they were making their way down the hall.

"Don't take it personally," Spike replied. "Baby's making her act all buggy. Hormones and whatnot."

"She's pregnant?"

Spike stopped, rolling his eyes skyward as his jaw clenched. "Bloody hell." He let out a deep breath, looking back at Emma. "I wasn't supposed to say that. We found out right before we came here, and I'm the only person she's told so far."

"Hey, don't worry about it. I won't tell anyone I know—not even Buffy. I'll just forget it all together."

"Thanks," Spike replied. "She wouldn't be at all happy if she knew I was blabbing that to any of the Slayers."

"Got it. Your secret is safe with me."

"Great. Now let's go get you that key."

*** *** ***

"Okay, this isn't a room," Emma said as she looked around the place Spike had taken her. "This is an actual apartment. Furnished and everything. And is that an entertainment system?"

"Yeah. It was one of the guest rooms. This is still part of the faculty wing."

Emma turned sharply, her brow furrowed. "I'm not…"

"I know." Spike cleared his throat. "Actually, I was thinking maybe you could help me out with something."

Emma looked at him skeptically. "This isn't about to get creepy is it, because despite my rep around here, I…"

"No!" Spike said quickly, seeing where she was going. "Not that at all."

"Good. I mean, no offense, you're a definite hottie, but I'm so not the type to move in on someone else's man," Emma said.

"And I'm very much someone else's," Spike replied. "This is…well, there's this girl next door to you—Dawn. She means a lot to me, and she's been really down lately. I think it's something about a boy, but she won't talk to me about that."

"So you want me to what, pump her for information and report back?"

"No. I want… Well, I want you to be her friend. She doesn't really know anyone her own age, and I think she's lonely. Thought maybe it would help her, having another teenaged girl to hang out with."

"And you chose me because…"

Spike shrugged. "Dunno. Though your excellent taste in music may have had something to do with it. But Dawn, well, she's Buffy's sister, and she tends to have sort of mixed feelings towards the Slayers. You obviously weren't exactly fitting in out there, so I thought maybe she'd like you better."

"You have a very strange sense of logic," Emma replied. "But hey, people tell me the same thing, so it works for me. Can I meet her?"

"Yeah, come on." They walked back out into the hallway and Spike knocked on Dawn's door. "Bit, it's me. Open up."

The door opened a few moments later, Dawn smiling slightly at Spike. "Hey." She caught sight of Emma. "Who's this?"

"Emma Rawlings. She's your new neighbor."

"Didn't think any of the newbie Slayers got to live up here," Dawn said, eyeing Emma warily.

"I annoyed my way out of the dorms," Emma replied.

"Well, I'm just going to go check on Buffy," Spike said backing away from the two girls. "See you both later."

"Okay, he can be such a freak," Dawn said when Spike had left.

"He thinks you're lonely and elected me to be your new best friend," Emma explained.

"Oh god," Dawn replied, burying her face in her hands for a moment. "I'm sorry," she said when she looked up again. "He just gets all…big brother-y and way overprotective. You really don't have to hang out with me if you don't want to."

Emma shrugged. "No, it's okay. I've spent the past month in a foreign country where I know all of no one. I could use a friend myself."

Dawn looked Emma over for a moment. Usually—unless he was training them—Spike avoided all non-Buffy-shaped Slayers like the plague. If that wasn't the case with this one, maybe she wasn't all that bad. "All right," Dawn said with a shrug. "Wanna get some lunch? I found a place the other day that's really good."

"Works for me," Emma replied.

*** *** ***

"So where'd you put Amy?" Buffy asked when Spike came back.

"Emma," he corrected her.

"Whatever."

"I put her in the apartment next to Dawn," Spike replied. "And what is with you?"

"You what? Spike, she's been here a month. This is going to set a precedent—a bad one." Buffy gave him her angry Slayer glare.

"Look, Dawn hasn't been exactly adjusting since we came here. She seemed okay the first couple of days, but now she's withdrawn, barely talks to either of us—or anyone else for that matter. Emma seemed all right. Thought maybe she and Dawn could hit it off."

Buffy stiffened. Her fiancé, her Watcher, and now her sister? This girl was wasting no time working her way into her life… "How long have you known her?"

"Emma? Just met her."

"And you've already decided she's perfect best friend material for Dawn?" Buffy asked, hands firmly planted on her hips.

Spike bit the inside of his mouth to keep from snapping. Whatever had gotten into Buffy, he was really hoping her mood would hurry up and swing the other way. "Just thought she could use someone around her own age, is all."

"Yeah, and Rainbow Brite's evil twin is just the right person for that." Buffy threw her hands up. "God, this is going to be like Janice all over again."

"Oi! No need for that now. She seems like a nice enough girl to me."

"What was that you called her when she came to the door today? 'Loud girl?'"

"Didn't mean that as a bad thing," Spike explained. "Just didn't know her name yet, and she was blaring the Sex Pistols when I met her."

"Oh, the Sex Pistols," Buffy snapped, her hands going back to her hips. "Well, why let Dawn be her friend? I bet you two are like kindred spirits or something."

"Buffy, what…" Spike stopped, Buffy's behavior suddenly making sense. "You know, Slayer, if you weren't such a pain in my arse, you'd be adorable."

Buffy narrowed her eyes. "Spike…" she said, her tone one of warning.

"You're jealous, pet. I'm touched," Spike said with a small chuckle.

"You're about to be touched in the nose by my fist."

Spike rolled his eyes. "Please. You and I both know you don't do that anymore.

"I may take it up again."

"Buffy, as strangely flattering as you actually being jealous where I'm concerned is, there's no need for it. I'm not even attracted to her."

"Please. I saw her, Spike. With her big brown eyes and pouty lips and her sexy punk girl style."

Spike raised his eyebrow. "Maybe I'm the one who should be jealous." He reached down, taking Buffy's hands off her hips and holding them in his own. "Seriously, kitten, I was just thinking about the bit. You're the only woman I want—that I'll ever want. You're the love of my life, and hell, you were the love of my unlife, too. No other woman could come close to changing how I feel about you, Buffy. Ever."

Buffy's shoulders slumped, his words making her anger drain away. "I know. And I'm sorry. I didn't mean to go all psycho on you. I'm just so tired, and my brain hasn't been its most functioning today."

"It's okay, princess." Spike kissed her forehead. "Want me to run you a bath?"

Buffy looked up from under her lashes. "With bubbles?"

Spike smiled, glad to see that the storm seemed to have passed. "'Course, sweetling. Anything you want."

*** *** ***

Buffy practically purred as Spike ran a brush through her hair, wondering why she hadn't taken advantage of this particular skill of his years before.

He'd come into the bathroom after allowing her some time to soak away the day's soreness and helped her wash all those hard to reach spots. Then he'd carefully dried her off with a soft, thick towel before rubbing lotion all over her body. Now with the hair brushing on top of that, she was putty in his very talented hands.

He made her feel so pampered, so cherished.

So loved.

"I'm sorry I was such a bitch earlier," Buffy said. "I know you'd never cheat on me, Spike."

"I know you do, kitten. It's all right." Spike set the brush down before lifting up her hair and pressing a kiss against the nape of her neck, making a shiver run up Buffy's spine.

Buffy stood up, a slow smile forming on her lips as she tugged on the belt of her robe. "Still, you've been so nice to me despite how much trouble I've given you today. There must be some way I can show my appreciation."

Spike's expression quickly became a leer as the silk of her robe pooled at Buffy's feet. "I'm sure you can think of something."

Buffy kneeled at the edge of the bed between Spike's legs, undoing his belt and unbuttoning his jeans. He cock sprung eagerly into her hands, and Spike groaned as Buffy gave the tip a light lick. "Maybe I could kiss you here and make it all better," Buffy said, her hand barely moving up and down the hard shaft.

"Buffy, please…" Spike moaned as he thrust his hips forward, desperate for more of her touch. She leaned in again and took the head in her mouth, swirling her tongue around it before hollowing out her cheeks and sliding down as far as she could go.

Spike groaned again, fisting his hands in the hair he'd so painstakingly brushed shortly before. The feel of Buffy's touch was the most wonderful thing he'd ever known, and he didn't know how she could think for even a moment he'd ever want anyone else. Even with over a hundred years of experience under his belt before her, Buffy could make him feel things he'd never known were possible.

Buffy pulled up slowly, massaging the underside of his cock with her tongue as she did. "Need to feel you against me," she said breathlessly. "Need to feel you inside me." She reached down to take off his boots as Spike pulled his t-shirt over his head. She then moved to his jeans, pulling them the rest of the way off before nudging him back on the bed. Spike moved to rest against the pillows, watching Buffy as she crawled up to him.

The couple cried out in unison as Buffy slid down on top of him, taking all of Spike inside with one stroke. Spike gripped Buffy's hips, guiding her movements as she set her pace. She never failed to drive him wild when she rode him like this, her untamed sensuality what had drawn her to him in the first place.

He wondered sometimes if she'd known that first night that she was dancing for him—if she'd been able to sense her the way he could her.

But he knew for certain that this particular dance she was doing now was all for him, and god, it drove him bloody crazy.

As she drew nearer to her peak, Buffy's movements grew more frantic, and Spike reached between them, working her clit with the pad of his thumb until Buffy wailed in release. Spike followed her over, his hips bucking as he called her name.

When his surroundings became clear again, Spike reached down and pulled up a blanket, bringing it around the two of them. Buffy moved slightly to the side, resting her head against his chest. Spike slid his hand between them, pressing it against her stomach. "Hope we didn't jostle Baby too much."

"Baby's been jostling Mommy all day."

Spike chuckled. "You been the one causing all this ruckus, Baby?"

"It can't hear you. Doesn't even have ears yet."

"Aw. She doesn't need ears to hear her daddy, do you, Baby?"

Buffy rolled her eyes. "You are such a freak."

"Please. I've heard you talk to her plenty of times."

"Have not."

"I may not be a vampire anymore, kitten, but I still have the hearing."

"Unlike our currently earless baby," Buffy muttered.

Spike chuckled, kissing the top of her head. "And you call me a freak."

"Mmm…We can be freaks together," Buffy said, nuzzling closer to him.

"I think the sex fried your brain, Slayer."

Buffy's eyes drifted shut. "Tends to do that. You're quite adept at the brain fryage."

Spike held her tightly as he heard her slipping into the telltale signs of sleep. Even with her unpredictable mood swings to contend with, Spike couldn't imagine anything better than life with the woman he held in his arms.

*** *** ***

I was really glad to see the response I got to the first chapter of this. I'm always worried when I write anything with an OC, because I know how that can turn people off. But instead I got people asking to see more of her, which was quite a relief! So many people seemed excited about this fic starting and I hope the second chapter didn't disappoint. :)