Disclaimer: I don’t own Buffy the Vampire Slayer, its stories or anything to do with it…please don’t sue me! Please note: this takes place about S3. Angel has already gone to LA, and this is Spike’s first trip to Sunnydale. I know, I’m not following the show, but that’s the joy of fanfic, it’s fiction…please be patient with me.

The Bronze
“Good ol’ Sunnyhell. Jus’ waiting for us to come and paint it red, luv,” Spike said to Dru.
“And then we’ll all eat cakes; the good little children will eat cakes,” Dru said reverently, “Ms. Edith wants tea with her cakes.”
“Yes, plenty of tea, pet. But first, the Slayer and I will have ourselves a little dance,” Spike mused. He took Dru’s hand and led her into the factory.

* * * * * * * * * * *

Buffy watched Willow in amazement. For the past twenty minutes, since the Dingos had taken the stage, Willow hadn’t been able to tear her eyes away from Oz. “They are so cute!” Buffy was happy for her friend. When the group ended their first set, Willow was on her feet applauding. Buffy watched as Oz smiled sheepishly at Willow’s adoration.
“That was a great set, Oz,” Willow said supportively.
Oz nodded and pulled Willow down next to him on the couch. Xander and Cordy, flushed from dancing, walked over to the group.
“Come on, Wil, let’s go dance,” Buffy said.
Willow glanced down at Oz, who nodded for her to go enjoy herself.
Buffy led the way to the center of the dance floor and began to loose herself as she swayed to the beat of the pre-recorded music. As the song progressed, she became so preoccupied with the music that her Slayer senses didn’t feel a vampire enter the club, nor did she feel a pair of blue eyes staring straight at her.

Spike stood up on the balcony watching her dance. The moment he’d walked into the club he’d felt her presence. Her scent was everywhere; the scent of a Slayer. An amused smile teased his lips; she didn’t so much as flinch when he walked inside the club. Spike knew that the Slayer could feel his presence, so why ignore it? He mused that he could walk right up behind her and she’d never know.
“Bloody hell, this might not be as much fun as I’d hoped. Bet that little bint goes down faster than the other two Slayers I’ve bagged,” Spike muttered. A smile crossed his lips as he imagined the look on the face of his Dark Princess as he brought home the Slayer’s limp body.
Spike growled low as his stomach let him know how hungry he was at the moment. “Bloody slayer. Got me distracted. Got to find me a meal on legs before too long.” Spike walked down the stairs and out the back door of the Bronze. He was pleased to discover that the door led him straight into the alley. Even more to his delight was the sight of a young girl alone in the alley.
“It’s a bit late to be out all by yourself, pet. Never know what kind of trouble will come your way,” Spike whispered into the girl’s ear. He smiled as he felt her body tense. “Relax, pet. It’ll be over very soon.” Spike slipped into vampire guise and sunk his canines into her throat.

Buffy turned her head to the back door of the Bronze. Something had registered on the boundary of her Slayer radar. There had been a vampire in here not two minutes ago. Buffy silently kicked herself for being so distracted out on the dance floor. She quietly excused herself from her friends and walked out into the alley. Her Slayer went into overdrive. The vampire was still in the vicinity; very close in fact. Buffy frowned as she saw the discarded body. Buffy reached out with her senses to get a fix on the vampire who obviously didn’t have time to clean up his dinner. Buffy wrinkled her nose in disgust.
“Gross, didn’t even clean up,” Buffy said as she picked up the body. She wasn’t exactly happy about it, but something had to be done with the body. Unfortunately for her, she didn’t exactly know what to do with the body now that she had it in her arms. She briefly considered tossing the body into the nearby dumpster, but when the thought registered with the rest of her body she shuddered. Dumpster, not an option.
“Stupid vamp,” Buffy whined.

Spike smirked at the little Slayer. He was now convinced that she would be the easiest one to take. “Almost as easy as a regular meal.” Spike frowned as he realized how disappointing that was to him. Slayers were supposed to put up a fight. This one would probably beg for her life at his feet. “Worse things than that I s’pose,” Spike said to himself, an evil smile crossing his lips.
For a moment she’d worried him. She wasn’t supposed to follow him out to the alley. Not opposed to the idea of a brawl, he loved them, but now wasn’t the time. He needed more time to stalk his prey. He had to see her in action, make sure she wasn’t as much of a disappointment as he assumed. Spike shook his head and headed off to his DeSoto.

“Everything ok, Buff?” Xander asked. Buffy had been gone for a good twenty minutes.
“Yeah. Felt a vamp, but when I went outside…no vamp. Must have left in a hurry, his leftovers were lying in the alley,” Buffy shook her head. Very gross, never doing that again, hopefully.
“Did you find it?” Willow asked hopefully.
“Nope. Mr. Pointy stayed firmly in my pocket,” Buffy said. It really was sad, she wanted something to kill.
“Well, let’s dance. Get your mind off the nasty,” Xander suggested.
“Sorry Xan, but dead bodies, leftover vamp food, kind of a mood killer. I think I’m going to patrol, then call it a night,” Buffy said.

* * * * * * * * * * *

“I’m going to feast on your blood, Slayer,” a newly risen vampire threatened.
“I know and then you’ll use my bones for toothpicks. Seems a bit unnecessary considering the liquid diet and all,” Buffy replied casually. She twirled her stake idly.
The vampire lunged at her. Buffy could tell the new ones from the older ones. This one was too young to have any sense what so ever. Buffy easily dodged the vampire’s ill guided fist. The vampire tumbled over from the extra momentum of his attempted blow.
“I haven’t had the best night, and I’d appreciate it if you at least try to kill me. Or at least come up with an original line. Do they have like a book of lame threats for vampires?” Buffy asked
Buffy, in need of at least the illusion of a fight, waited patiently for the vampire to regain his footing. As he came back at her, she skillfully took his legs out from under him and watched in amusement as he tumbled to the ground. Before he could get back to his feet, Buffy pinned him down with her knee. She slammed the stake into the vampire and watched him turn to dust.
It was there again. The same signature scent she had back at the Bronze. He was here. Buffy looked around, trying to find where he was hiding. “Why is he hiding? Did he come here after he left the Bronze?” Buffy shook the questions from her head and began the walk home. “Algebra, I so don’t want to do my algebra,” Buffy mumbled to herself.

Once the Slayer was a safe distance away, Spike emerged from behind a crypt. A smile on his lips. She was clever; witty even. Seeing her in action, Spike realized that she wouldn’t be quite the cake walk he had first expected. Good. No glory to bag an easy Slayer, had to be a challenge. Spike quickly ran a few scenarios through his head, each one involving him relieving the Slayer of her blonde head after feasting on her blood with his beloved Dru.

* * * * * * * * * * *

Buffy yawned loudly. She had been sitting in the library for far longer than she cared to. Giles had been discussing something in Latin, then about some ring. He had her attention briefly when he’d mentioned the ring, but lost her again when he began to describe why the ring was so important.
“Buffy,” Giles said, “Are you even listening to me?”
Buffy looked up at him innocently, “Yep. Ring, shiny, important, baddies want it. Got it all in here.” Buffy pointed to her head.
“Right, um…you said something about a vampire last night. What exactly happened?” Giles asked.
“He felt different. Not like the Master, but not like the other baddies I’ve staked. He seemed to be able to keep far enough away that I couldn’t sense him. Seemed like he knew what he was doing when it came to Slayers. When I was patrolling, I could feel him watching me, but I never saw him. I think it was him, it felt the same as the one from the Bronze. The gross body he left for me, what a treat,” Buffy explained.
“Buffy, I need you to be careful when you are patrolling. There is a new vampire in town. It might be the one you encountered last night. He is brutal. In his time, he’s killed two Slayers –”
“Spike,” Buffy said.