Change Series by Annastasia
Summary: Timeframe: Set during "Lover's Walk", but doesn't follow the same plot as the episode, as you will see later on. Summary: Spike still kidnaps Willow and Xander, but this time Willow actually performs a spell which causes many things to happen and a chain of events to occur.
Categories: NC-17 Fics Characters: None
Genres: Romance, Action, Angst
Warnings: Adult Language, Sexual Situations
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 35 Completed: No Word count: 69795 Read: 50723 Published: 09/29/2003 Updated: 05/17/2007

1. A Spell Gone Wrong by Annastasia

2. Realization by Annastasia

3. Fixing Mistakes by Annastasia

4. Turning Point by Annastasia

5. Forgotten But Not Gone by Annastasia

6. Some Things Never Change by Annastasia

7. Nightdreams by Annastasia

8. Something by Annastasia

9. Wake-Up Call by Annastasia

10. Confessions by Annastasia

11. Our Baby by Annastasia

12. Heat, Desire..... by Annastasia

13. All About Sex by Annastasia

14. In Dreams by Annastasia

15. Anything by Annastasia

16. So Wrong by Annastasia

17. This is Where it Falls Apart by Annastasia

18. Woke Up This Morning by Annastasia

19. The Weakness in Me by Annastasia

20. Forgetting by Annastasia

21. Who's That Girl? by Annastasia

22. A Few Answers by Annastasia

23. Your Whore by Annastasia

24. Exit by Annastasia

25. Heartbeat by Annastasia

26. Normal by Annastasia

27. Disappear by Annastasia

28. It's There by Annastasia

29. Sun, Moon and Stars by Annastasia

30. Interruptions by Annastasia

31. Feels Like Rain Again by Annastasia

32. Even Angels Fall by Annastasia

33. Between Mind and Heart by Annastasia

34. Make Me Lose Control by Annastasia

35. In Too Deep by Annastasia

A Spell Gone Wrong by Annastasia
Change Series

Rating: R to NC-17

Timeframe: Set during "Lover's Walk", but doesn't follow the same plot as the episode, as you will see later on.

Summary: Spike still kidnaps Willow and Xander, but this time Willow actually performs a spell which causes many things to happen and a chain of events to occur.

Disclaimer: BtVS belongs to Joss Whedon, Mutant Enemy, Fox, and whatever other PTB that I don't know of. But the story and plot is mine.

Author's note: This is my first Buffy fanfic, so please be kind and gentle. Although done for pure entertainment my ego is still fragile.

Feedback: Yes, I would love feedback from anyone who reads this. Please let me know what you think by emailing me at rubygurl3@aol.com. And if you wish to post this on your website please ask me first. Thanks!

This Chapter was Beta'd by Sarah!

Chapter 1: "A Spell Gone Wrong" (rated NC-!7)

"Get started Red!" Spike yelled, holding Xander by the throat. "I ain't got all bleeding day."

Willow glanced over her shoulder and met Xander's eyes. He didn't appear to be in pain but his eyes told her different, he was hurting. She saw him flinch and turned away quickly.

"Now!" he yelled. "Or your monkey boy here gets it."

Willow focused hard on the stuff in front of her. Spike brought her here to perform a love spell on Dru but, with what he gave her, ingredients wise, there was no way that was going to happen. Thank god she had her spellbook though. She opened it and began to flip nervously through the pages. She was stalling really, she couldn't perform the spell he wanted or anything close to it. She knew the others had to know they were gone, so she was stalling until they came. Or at least until Buffy came.

"What's the delay, luv?" Spike spoke up, interrupting her thoughts. "Don't care about your boy here?"

"Go to hell, Spike," Xander managed to spit out between strangled breaths.

Spike cocked an eyebrow at Xander and tightened his grip. "Yeah, be sure to save me a seat, because that's where you'll be soon if Red doesn't get a move on it."

Tears began to form in Willow's eyes. This was not how she wanted things to be. She wasn't supposed to die and neither was Xander, not like this. She lowered her head and let Spike's words sink in. Buffy wasn't coming and they weren't going to be rescued.

"Willow," Xander hissed in pain.

Willow wiped her tears away and spun to look at Xander. 'Oh god,' he was bleeding. 'No time to waste now,' she thought. She had to save what little time they had left. With that decided she faced the spellbook again and spotted a simple love spell she could perform. Lifting her head and closing her eyes she started.

"Cupids arrow, Venus's love."

"Spike!"

Spike heard his name and vamped when he realized who said it. He released Xander and turned to face her.

"Slayer," He growled, flashing her his fangs.

"What did I say would happen if you showed your face in Sunnydale again?" she asked, tapping a stake against her thigh.

Spike inched closer, his tongue running along the bottom of his teeth. "Hazy memory, can't seem to recall," He answered, his gaze roaming over her as he stepped even closer.

Buffy smirked. "I was hoping you'd say that," she said, raising the stake higher. "Let me help you remember."

They both lunged at the same time. Buffy was knocked to the ground and he had her pinned there. But she was quick. She threw her fist across his face, hitting him in the jaw and sending him flying back off her. She got to her feet and went into a fighting stance. Spike rose and licked the blood off his lip with his tongue. He laughed heartily and went into a fighting stance as well.

"Been awhile love, go easy on me," He told her as they began to circle each other.

"Never," Buffy sneered before lunging at him again.

Spike side stepped and Buffy missed him. He swung his leg around and hit her on the back. She fell to the ground with a dull thud. Spike waited while she regained her composure. Buffy turned and glared at him. They started circling again.

Spike was the first to hear the floor creak and moan. He stared down at it questioningly. While he was distracted Buffy went for him. She was midair when the floor fell and Spike disappeared. Soon after Buffy followed him into the newly formed hole.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Xander regained consciousness in time to hear Willow finish the spell.

"Let two of ill heart never be apart."

Light illuminated Willow and she fell into a heap on the ground. Xander made his way to her, crawling on the floor.

"Willow, are you all right?"

Willow shook her head and looked up. She saw Xander hovering above her looking down.

"Xander!" she cried throwing her arms around him. "You're okay."

"Ow...be careful." He cautioned wincing in pain.

Willow pulled back. "Sorry."

Reality hit her and she remembered where they were and how had brought them here. Quickly she scanned the factory for Spike.

"Where's Spike?" she asked when she didn't see him.

"Don't know." Xander whispered massaging a sore muscle in his neck where Spike had held him. "Buffy came and he let me go," he told her, starting to remember some things before he passed out.

"Wait, Buffy is here?"

Xander nodded slowly. "I heard her just before everything went black."

Willow looked around while Xander still had his head down. "Xander," she spoke nervously.

"I guess she staked him," he continued, not hearing Willow say his name.

"Xander," Willow repeated urgently.

"What?" he asked, not glancing up.

"Buffy isn't here," Willow informed him, glancing around the factory once more. "And neither is Spike."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Buffy coughed violently from all the dust flying around her. She lifted herself up and propped back on her elbows. Her head was pounding and there was something digging into her back. Blinking, she tried to adjust her sight to the darkness. She looked around not knowing where she was. But one thing she did know was that she wasn't alone.

"Slayer?" a low voice called from behind her.

Buffy twisted her head in the direction behind her. A shiver ran up her spine then back down her body. She recognized the voice and whom it belonged to made her insides melt.

"Spike." She purred already aching for him to be closer to her.

Suddenly, out of the dark Spike jumped her pinning her to the ground.

"Slayer." He growled his golden eyes flashing at her, his mouth only inches from hers.

Spike's own body trembled as he felt her hot breath surrounding him, calling to him. He stared longingly at her lush lips before moving up to her hazel green eyes. They locked gazes and both instantly knew what the other wanted. Without hesitation Spike ripped Buffy's shirt open and groped her breast. Buffy arched off the ground and hissed in a mixture of pleasure and pain. Spike pushed the material of her bra aside and sought out her nipple with his mouth. He devoured it once he found his target and elicited a moan from the hot body beneath him.

Buffy clawed at the shirt covering Spikes back. She couldn't understand why or how this was happening, but she wanted more. His cool tongue running over and around her hard nipple only intensified the aching between her legs. She had to feel every inch of him on her and in her soon or she would explode.

Spike felt the need in her as she ground her hips against him and dug her nails into his back. The Slayer wanted him and he wanted her just as much. Not able to wait anymore, and sensing that the Slayer couldn't either, he forced her legs apart with his knee and settled himself between her thighs. He thrust his erection against her and smiled when her eyes glaze over with lust.

Once again Buffy arched her back off the ground and tilted her head back exposing her neck. Spike vamped automatically and started to lower his fangs. He started to imagine what it would feel like to finally sink his teeth into the soft golden skin covering her life's source. To once again have the blood of a Slayer flowing over his tongue and down his throat, satisfying his demon.

"Spike." Buffy spoke dreamily her eyes fluttering open and ultimately stopping Spike's descent. "I want you." She begged. " I need you Spike..I need to feel you inside me."

Spike smiled down at her. He took both her wrists in one hand and pinned them above her head. Using his other hand he began to tweak at her exposed nipple.

"You want me Slayer?" he asked pinching her a little harder until she groaned softly.

"How bad do you want me? Tell me."

"Now Spike." Buffy gasped out between sharp intakes of breath. "I need you now."

Satisfied with her response he let her nipple go and moved his hand down to the waist of her jeans. Working her pants open one button at a time.

Becoming impatient with him Buffy started to squirm. "Please Spike."

"Stop moving Slayer or I won't get your pants off." He informed her finally popping the last button free.

Pushing the material down off her hips, Spike caught a whiff of her arousal and his nostrils flared. If it was possible he became even harder. Releasing his hold on her wrists he used both hands to jerk her pants down the rest of the way. Buffy reached up and wrapped her hand around his neck. She pulled him down to her, kissing roughly when their lips crashed together.

"Please Spike." She begged for the third time.

Spike shoved her panties aside and thrust one finger inside her heat. Buffy screamed as her first orgasm overtook her.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Xanders head perked up when he heard a scream.

"Did you hear that?" he asked Willow who was directly behind him. "I sounded like Buffy."

After Willow and Xander gained enough strength to stand they decided to search around for Buffy. They had only been searching for a few minutes before they heard the scream.

"It sounded like it was coming from over there." Willow said pointing towards the center of the floor they were on.

Both of them ran towards the area and stopped just before the floor disappeared.

"Whoa!" Xander shouted grabbing Willow. "Is it just me or was that hole not here earlier?"

Willow pulled free of his hold and moved closer to the edge. She leaned over and looked down into the hole. "I don't see anything." She told Xander who was know standing beside her. "Buffy!??" she called out. "Are you okay? We can't see you?"

"Xander, Willow!"

Xander and Willow turned away from the hole and saw Angel and Giles coming towards them.

"Angel." Willow sighed in relief. "I'm so glad you're here."

Angel reached them and looked down into the hole he saw them shouting at just a minute ago. "What's going on? Where's Buffy?"

"We don't know."

Angel looked at them quizzingly. "What do you mean you don't know? She told us she was coming here to save you and Xander from Spike."

"Well..she was here..with Spike, and now.."

"And what?"

"They're gone." Willow choked out. "They were here and then they weren't, and we just heard Buffy scream. It sounded like it came from down there." She told him pointing behind her to the hole.

"You mean she's down there trapped with Spike?" Angel growled angrily.

"Yes...no..maybe." Willow answered her voice becoming shaky under Angel's hard gaze.

An idea dawned on Xander when he saw Angel's eyes flash gold for a split second. "Hey maybe you can see them. That is if they are both down there."

Angel understood what Xander was implying and stalked over to the edge of the hole. Vamping out he gazed down into the hole. At first he couldn't see anything clearly, then two movements caught his eye. Focusing on them he barely could make out that they were human figures and they were pretty close together.

"I see something."

Giles, who had been standing to the side from the moment they arrived, sighed heavily. Taking his glasses off he began to wipe them clean. "What exactly happened here?" he asked replacing his glasses back on his nose.

Angel lifted his head and turned to face Giles. "Rupert maybe we should hold off on the twenty questions until Buffy is safe." He suggested.

Giles shook his head in agreement. "Yes, you're quite right Angel. Buffy could be in danger if she is alone down there with Spike."
Realization by Annastasia
Chapter 2: "Realization" (NC-17)

"Oh god Spike." Buffy moaned rocking her hips against the thrust of his fingers still inside her. "Dont stop, dont stop."

Spike was losing it. He had to have her and it had to be soon. Removing his fingers from her he knelt back on his knees. In one quick motion he had her shoes and pants off and thrown aside.

Buffy slowly lifted her head just enough to see Spike. She saw him kneeling above her, his hands working his own pants off. She lazily lifted herself onto her elbows to watch him better. Her lip started to tremble as she imagined how big and thick he was and how good he would feel inside her. If he was half as good as he felt then she was in for the time of her life and she couldn't wait.

A small groan drifted past her lips unknowingly to her, but Spike caught it. He stopped what he was doing and looked at her. She had her head back and her eyes closed. She was chewing on her lip. Moving closer very quietly he inserted his fingers back into her.

"Not starting without me, are you luv?" he asked slowly sliding his fingers in and out of her.

Buffy's eyes flew open. She met Spike's gaze before lowering her eyes down the length of his body.

He wasn't freed yet and when she saw that she became hot with rage. She was tired of waiting, tired of the foreplay, she needed him inside her now. He had to stop the burning running through her.

Still in a daze from the steady rhythm of his fingers against her clit, she lifted her hands and started to free him.

Spike froze when her warmth touched his coolness. Her tiny hand enveloping his manhood as she pulled him free.

Once Buffy had him out her eyes grew wide, not in shock or surprise, but in anticipation. Her tongue shot out and moistened her lips.

Spike grew more aroused at her small gesture and took his fingers out of her.

"Enough foreplay for now love." he told her bringing her legs up to rest on his shoulders.

"We can continue that later." he added pushing her onto her back.

Buffy inhaled sharply when he entered her in one powerful thrust. He was so big it was painful, even with her Slayer muscles it took awhile to adjust.

If Spike was alive, he surely would have died right then. She was so tight and hot he felt like he would explode at any sudden movement.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"If Im right theyre in a secret passageway." Angel told the others as he led them through a hidden door in the basement. "And the only way to it is through the basement.

"I hope youre right, because if we're to late and Spike...."

"We're not going to be to late." Angel yelled interrupting Xander. "I wont let anything happen to Buffy."

"Ahh!"

All four heard Buffy scream and without hesitation they started running down the passageway.

"We're getting closer." Angel spoke over his shoulder. He knew this because his connection to his childe was growing stronger as well as Buffy's scent. Not only was his smelling better but so was his hearing. earlier he could only make out low voices, and scuffling. But, now he was picking up more.

He could hear panting and groaning. The closer he got the more he could hear. Finally he heard something that sent a chill through him.

"Oh god Spike.....feel so good."

"Cor Slayer....so tight."

Angel stopped causing Xander to run into him.

"Hey!" Xander shouted pushing Angel. 'Why do you keep doing that?"

Angel held up a hand signaling for them all to be quite. He tilted his head to the side and concentrated harder. He heard Spike grunting and Buffy moaning. Then he heard Buffy panting, her breathing becoming erratic and shallow. He knew what was coming. Her

"Ohhh!"

He lowered his head at the sound of Buffy bursting into orgasm.

"Oh no Buffy." Willow sadly whispered fearing the worst for her friend.

"Shes okay." Angel finally spoke up lifting his head.

Xander and Giles stared at Angel in confusion. "What do you mean shes okay? Shes alone with Spike and thats the third time we heard her scream."

"She isn't screaming in pain." he told them before turning to Willow. "What kind of spell did you perform?"

"I....it was a love spell."

Angel shook his head and started to chuckle softly.

Giles suddenly understood what Angel was saying once his words sunk in. He put two and two together and, "You mean?" he simply asked pointing in the direction where Buffy and Spike were. Angel nodded his head.

"Oh dear lord."

Willow was the next to catch on and her mouth fell open.

Xander, still clueless, looked around at everyone. Giles was busy cleaning his glasses and mumbling to himself, Willow was stuck in her 'oh' expression and Angel was clenching his hands into fists.

"Hello?" he said aloud waving his hand in the air. "Would someone like to clue me in?"

All three looked at him, Willow was the first to speak up.

"Angel seems to think that my spell effected Buffy and Spike and....and now theyre...."together"" she informed him making quotation marks when she said together so he would know what she was referring to.

"I dont think." Angel corrected. "I know....I can hear them."

"Wait a minute." Xander said raising both hands up. "Together together?" he asked. "And you can hear them?"

Willow and Angel nodded their heads.

Xander shook his. "There is no way, absolutely no way."

"Fine if you dont believe me go look for yourself." Angel suggested stepping aside.

Xander glared at Angel. He didn't trust him as far as he could throw him, but he really didn't want to see what they said was true. Finally he started down the path.

A few seconds later they all heard Xander return chanting over and over. "Omigod."

"Why in the hell are they doing that?"

"Willows love spell."

"Do you remember what spell you did?"

"No, not really." Willow answered nervously. "Spike wanted me to do a love spell so he could get Dru back, but I didn't have enough supplies for the one he wanted. I had to find something fast or he would have killed Xander and then me, so I used the spellbook."

Willow explained then added in her defense. "I had no idea this would happen, honestly."

"Yes Willow we know you didn't, but still it happened and now we must undo it. We cant let them continue what theyre doing in there."

"Its called sex G-man." Xander piped in hitting Giles on the back.

Giles rolled his eyes. "Yes, I know what its called Xander. I just.....oh nevermind. Willow where is the spellbook you used?"

"Umm....I left it upstairs."

Before Giles could ask Angel was already on his way upstairs to retrieve it.

TBC............
Fixing Mistakes by Annastasia
Chapter 3: "Fixing Mistakes" (NC-17)

Authors note: Well I would really like to know what people think of this chapter and the story as a whole. Please send feedback. *on my knees* PLEASE!

Buffy could feel the broken wood she was laying on tearing into her back while Spike pounded into her.

She had her ankles locked behind his neck and her legs pressed against her chest. She was still weak from her last orgasm and her body was trembling. But as tired and as worn as she was she didn't want it to end. She didn't want Spike to stop.

"Dont stop." she pleaded her voice shaky.

Spike smiled down at her and pushed harder. "No Slayer, we're just getting started."

Buffy arched off the floor as Spike increased his pace, driving harder and faster into her.

She met him thrust for thrust. Her bottom lip started quivering when she felt the tingling start in her toes all over again.

Spike growled when he felt her muscles gripping him. he slowed his pace and reached down between them to stroke her swollen clit. "Come...for me.....Slayer." he hissed between clenched teeth.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You did that spell?" Giles cried out once he had read the spell Willow pointed out in the book.

"Giles I didn't know it would do that." she protested gesturing over her shoulder towards where Buffy and Spike were. "I had to do something quickly or Xander would have been dead."

"Well im sure she can undo it. Right Wills?" Xander added in her defense.

Willow grabbed the book from Giles. "Sure I can fix it, just give me a second."

"Wait should we stop the spell while they're.....?" Giles wondered removing his glasses for the billionth time that night. "I mean what if Spike were to try and kill her while shes in such ....." he pinched his nose finding the courage to say what he wanted to say. "....a vulnerable position."

"I'll be in there to attack him before he tries anything." Angel offered.

Willow looked up from the book and eyed Angel skeptically. "Angel are you sure you want to do that? I mean you might be watching for awhile."

"I have to. I have to make sure Buffy is okay."

Angel turned on his heel and started to walk away. He stopped and without turning around added over his shoulder. "You might want to do a forget spell once this is all over."

"A forget spell?" Willow repeated. "Why?"

This time Angel glanced over his shoulder at them. "Because I have a feeling if Buffy realizes what she did, she wont be a happy camper."

With that he spun around and disappeared into the darkness.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Angel made his way to the opening where his love and childe were. He saw them in the same spot he had left them. He knew without a doubt that a forgetting spell would be in order. Not just for Buffy's sake but for Spike's as well. Despite his feelings toward Spike he still didn't want to see him hurt, and he knew Buffy would try to kill him once the spell was broken. And Spike didn't deserve that, it wasn't his fault this was happening. They were under a spell, they had no control over their actions. He silently moved to the darkest corner of the small space and waited.

Angel had to fight hard not to run over there and tear Spike off Buffy. He also had to fight the growing hardness in his pants at the sight before him.

Buffy, his love, with her legs wrapped tightly around Spike. Her head titled back, pure ecstasy etched all over her face. Spikes hips banging hard against her between her thighs. The muscles in his back tightening with every harsh movement he made.

Angel hated himself for getting so turned on, but it was Buffy and his childe and he was a vampire. So it was only natural to get turned on by the intense arousal surrounding him.

So engrossed in his own thoughts Angel didn't notice Spike vamp out.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Okay I think I have something." Willow exclaimed from her position on the floor. She glanced up at Xander who was looking at her expectantly.

"What?"

"What do you mean what? Do the spell already." Xander told her becoming more and more brassed off with each passing second. Because the longer it took the longer Buffy and Spike were making each other 'happy'.

Willow rolled her eyes and then took five deep breaths before beginning.

"The words once spoken become unclear. Make lust disappear."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Angel felt a huge gust of wind pass him. He realized Willow must have done the spell. He looked at Buffy and Spike who were still going at it. But this time he got the shock of his life. He saw Spike in vamp face slowly lowering his head to Buffy's neck. In a flash he was running back to the others.

All three looked at him when he came into sight.

"Did it work?"

"NO, and you better do something fast or Buffy is going to be Spikes post- sex snack."

"What!?" Xander cried his anger boiling over. "That is it! I am putting a stop to this right now. Spell or no spell this has got to end."

He tried to make his way past Angel but was forcefully pushed against a nearby wall.

"You dont want to do that." Angel warned his eyes flashing yellow for a split second.

"I cant believe you Angel. Youre going to actually let Spike kill Buffy?"

Angel sneered at Xander before shouting to Willow. "Find another spell fast!"

Willow hurriedly flipped through the book. "Hearts blend together...."

"No I am not going to let Spike kill Buffy, but I wont let you go in there and stop them."

"Why not?"

"Believe me thats not something you want to do, especially when a vampire is involved."

"Im afraid I have to agree with Angel, Xander." Giles spoke up. "Youd be putting your life ,as well as Buffy's, in danger if you tried to stop them."

"Giles youre siding with Angel...a vampire."

"Listen Harris." Angel growled. "When this is all over Ill fill you in on vampire mating, okay?"

".......beat once more." Willow finished the spell just as the three men finally ended their discussion.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Slayer blood poured into Spikes mouth as he sucked it from the soft neck beneath him. He could feel it running through his veins, warming his body, and making him feel alive.

He took one big gulp then retracted his fangs, licking the wound with his tongue. He felt Buffy shake under him and he exploded into his own orgasm. It was overwhelming as it shot through him. He shook with every pulse of his seed being released into her hot center. He choked when air filled his lungs. He took a deep breath and his eyes shot open.

He was breathing. Why was he breathing?

Buffy cried out when her release shook through her. She didn't notice Spike choking on air above her.

Spike almost choked as he tried to calm his breathing. What was happening to him? Was it the Slayer blood? All these questions ran through his head as air kept filling is lungs. And as soon as the breathing had begun it ended.

As he calmed from his orgasm his breathing started to slow until it eventually stopped. He collapsed on top of Buffy and closed his eyes. Still sheathed inside her he tried to understand why he was alive for five seconds or why he even became alive at all.

He felt Buffy running her fingers through his hair and instantly got rock hard again. He lifted his head and stared at her.

She was glistening with her own sweat, her whole body glowing. Her face was flushed, her lips red and swollen from his torture. She looked like a goddess to him. His goddess.

He pulled out of her slowly and then inch by inch entered her again , starting their lovemaking all over.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Angel told everyone to be quiet while he listened for Buffy and Spike. He didn't hear anything.

"I dont hear them." he told the others. "Maybe its over."

"Then what are we doing in here?" Xander asked. "Shouldn't we be saving Buffy?"

"I dont think its over. Shouldn't we be hearing fighting?"

Angel ignored them all as he continued to listen. He heard Buffy and Spike say something then he heard Buffy's breathing pick up.

"No, spell not broken. They just finished round one and now they are moving to round two."

Xander groaned angrily. "Round two? Are you sure you didn't perform some stamina spell?"

Willow was about to protest but Angel interrupted her.

"Vampires already have good stamina, we dont need magic or pills to help us in that department."

"Willow let me see the book." Giles requested reaching his hand out.

"Here Im tired of looking at it anyway."

Giles took the book and started his own search of a spell. Willow stood up and brushed herself off. Her eyes were hurting from reading the tiny print and she had a cramp forming in her leg. She couldn't understand why is was so hard for her to break the spell. Usually she snapped her fingers and said a little rhyme....

"Thats it!" she exclaimed hitting her forehead lightly with her hand.

"What is it Willow?" angel asked narrowing his eyes.

"Angel go back in there and get ready to stop Spike or Buffy or whoever." she ordered. "Me, Giles and Xander will be in there to do the forget spell once we know Buffy is safe."

Angel nodded his head and ran back to Buffy and Spike.

Willow turned to Giles and Xander.

"Ready?"

"Yes of course."

"Finally an ending to this nightmare."

Willow rolled her eyes at Xanders comment. She focused her energy towards the clearing Spike and Buffy were located and closed her eyes.

"Let the spell be broken. Erase words once spoken."

She opened her eyes when she finished and smiled at them.

"That was it." Xander stated flatly. "All this time and one little phrase was all it took."

"Well its broken. "She huffed before stalking off to find Angel.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Xander, Giles and Willow entered the opening and saw Angel holding Spike against a wall. Spike was vamped and fighting hard against Angel's grip.

"Help Buffy!" he hollered over his shoulder.

Buffy was sitting up half naked on the ground. Giles saw her and immediately turned his eyes away. Willow spotted Buffy's clothes nearby and went to retrieve them. Xander made his way to Buffy and started to comfort her. Willow arrived with her clothes and helped BUffy redress.

Once she was fully clothed she finally spoke. "What in the hell is going on? Why were Spike and I having sex?"

"Well Buffy...." Giles began.

Buffy turned her head in his direction and winced in pain. Her hand shot up to the place the pain was centered at. She felt the puncture wounds and knew who they belonged to. Not waiting for Giles explanation she strode over to Angel who was still pinning Spike.

She shoved Angel aside and glared at Spike. "You bit me."

Spike looked over at Angel and rubbed his neck. He then returned his eyes to the pissed off Slayer in front of him who he had just shagged. He ran his tongue across his blunt teeth. "And you were delicious." he commented then raised a finger to his lips and licked it. "Both times I tasted you."

Buffy saw red and lifted a stake from her shirt. She thrust it towards Spike but Angel stopped her.

"Do the forget spell now!" Angel yelled pulling Buffy away from Spike.

"Let me go Angel! I have to kill him!"

Angel knocked the stake out of her hand, fearing that she would toss it at Spike if need be.

"Willow!"

"A love spell gone wrong to hearts that not belong. Let them forget, what they'll forever regret."

Buffy and Spike fell to the floor.

Angel and Xander ran to BUffy's side.

Spike was the first to recover of the both of them. He stood up and blinked several times. He saw Angel and all the scoobies. Then he noticed the Slayer on the ground apparently out cold.

"Well....." he spoke making his way to the exit. "Id love to stick around and see if Slayers all right and all, but.....I really dont care."

In one split second he was gone.

"Im glad hes gone." Xander said still looking in the direction Spike left.

Buffy groaned and all eyes fell on her. Opening her eyes she saw Angel and Willow staring down at her.

"What happened?" she asked feeling like the wind had been knocked out of her.

"You fell through the floor and got knocked out by falling debri." Willow explained holding her right arm while Angel held her left and they both helped her to stand.

"Ow!"

"Whats wrong?"

"Just a little sore is all." she answered then chuckled softly. "Falling debri, huh? The only thing to stop this Slayer so far."

After a weak laugh was had by all they decided to head home so Buffy could rest. Following behind Willow Buffy suddenly stopped. She felt a pain in her neck and raised her hand.

"Guys?" she asked forcing all of them to stop and turn to her.

She glanced up at them with questioning eyes and asked. "Who bit me?"

TBC......if i get some feedback, please im desperate here.
Turning Point by Annastasia
Chapter 4: "Turning Point" (PG-13)

Author's note: For those of you who dont know.....I am a full fledged B/S shipper! So dont worry about Angel being in this story, hes just there.

2 weeks later......

"Okay Buffy now that were all here you want to explain what this unexpected meeting is about?" giles asked coming out of his office in the library.

Buffy waited until everyone had arrived and was seated before she planned on starting. No one knew what the meeting was about or why they were having it this late. She glanced at the clock on the wall, it read 1:00.

"Okay its 1:00 now and if you guys answer all my questions honestly I can guarantee this meeting will be over by 1:15."

"What questions?" Xander asked from his spot on the bookshelf.

"The ones I have about the incident two weeks ago involving Spike." she informed them.

At Buffy's statement everyone stole glances at each other.

"What's there to know, Buff/" Xander asked hopping off the shelf and taking a seat next to his girlfriend Cordelia.

"Well for one thing I want to know why ever since that night you," she said stepping in front of him. "Xander, haven't been able to look me in the eye."

Xander slouched down in his chair and looked everywhere but at her. 'I dont know what youre talking about Buffy."

"And," she continued shifting her focus to Willow. "I want to know why you have been so nervous around me lately, so tense, and why youre always asking me if I remember anything about that day."

"Buffy we already told you everything that happened." Giles told her calmly hoping it would end her interrogation before Willow broke into tears.

Buffy ignored her Watcher and moved to Angel. "And Angel I want to know why everytime I kiss you lately you pull back before our lips even touch and why everytime you look at me I feel like I betrayed you in some way."

Angel shifted uncomfortably on his feet. He hated lying to her for the past few weeks. He hated that seeing her with Spike was eating him up inside.

"Buffy..."

"Tell me the truth Angel. Tell me why I have this scar on my neck. Tell me why.....please."

Angel sighed. "All right, we'll tell you." He looked from Xander to Willow to Giles and said. "We owe her that much."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ten minutes later the truth was out and four people were very relieved. Relieved at finally getting that burden off their shoulders. But in the process of doing so managed to hurt someone they all deeply loved.

All four waited and watched Buffy who was sitting in silence. Her hand was resting along her neck, her fingers rubbing the scar. Slowly she stood and cleared her throat.

"You all lied to me." she she whispered her voice tight and drawn.

"We did it for your own good." Xander spoke up

"My own good?" Buffy repeated. "You performed a spell that made me and Spike...." she paused swallowing hard at the mere thought of sleeping with Spike. "And, then you made me forget it ever happened and lied to me."

Angel rested a hand on her shoulder.

"Dont." she snapped jerking out from under his hand. "Dont touch me."

"Buffy we need to talk about this."

"No....no we dont. I got all the answers I was looking for and now," she inhaled deeply. "And now I want to be alone."

She gathered her coat into her arms and left the library.

"What is her damage?" Cordelia asked once Buffy was gone.

Willow's mouth feel open in shock. " Cordelia were you not here for this whole conversation? Did you even hear that she slept with Spike?

"So, I mean its not like its a bad thing that she slept with Spike.' Cordelia argued then started to fix her hair.

"What did you just say?" Xander asked turning to face his girlfriend. "Did you just say sleeping with Spike was not a bad thing?"

Cordelia rolled her eyes. "Well yeah. I mean its not like hes hairy and has a limp." she looked at Oz. "No offense."

Oz narrowed his eyes at her in confusion. "None taken."

"But hes a vampire. A soulless demon, he kills, he....hes just a big bad thing." Xander cried still in shock that his girlfriend thought Spike was an okay person to sleep with.

"Xander dont get jealous. Its not like Im going to sleep with him."

"Im not....I just cant believe. Its Spike!"

Angel had enough of listening to the couple argue and started to leave the library.

"Angel where are you going?" Giles asked before he even reached the door.

"Im going to find Buffy."

"No youre not." Giles told him. "She wants to be alone, so we are all going to leave her alone."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Buffy ran home, not bothering to do a quick patrol. She snuck in through her bedroom window. Even though her Mother knew she was the Slayer, she still didn't think waking her up this late at night was appropriate. Making sure to be as silent as possible she crept down the hall to the bathroom. She closed and locked the door behind her. She stifled a sob and leaned against the wall. Slowly she slid to the ground. She curled into a tight ball and started rocking back and forth. How could her friends lie to her like that? Why did they think her not knowing was in her best interest? Why was this happening to her?

Wiping her eyes clear she reached for the small trash can next to the toilet. She pulled it to her and stuck her hand in it. She shifted the contents around until she found what she was looking for and pulled it out.

Buffy stared at the test she had taken earlier before her meeting. The two lines stared back at her tauntingly. How could she be pregnant? And by Spike. From what she could remember that day, she was with Angel before going to the factory. After falling through the hole it was a blur. But, according to her friends she fucked Spike. So, he had to be the one that got her knocked up. But, how? Vampires cant reproduce, Angel told her that.

Buffy shock her head. "No, there has to be another way." she told herself.

But anyway she tried to analyze it, it all came back to the same conclusion. She was pregnant and it was Spikes.

TBC............(if I get some feedback, PLEASE!!!)
Forgotten But Not Gone by Annastasia
Chapter 5: "Forgotten but not Gone" (R)

One Month later:

Eventually Buffy had forgiven everyone for lying to her. It had been hard, but in the long run she needed her friends more than anything. She confided in Giles first who was shocked beyond belief. He went about saying that this was a first among any slayer and knew there had to be a reason behind it. He told her he would help her in anyway he could and they would get to the bottom of this. She was grateful for his support, but knew he couldn't do anything to help. Angel was the next to find out. He was the only one who was speechless after finding out the news. But eventually he came around and offered to raise the kid as his own because he loved her. Willow and Cordelia acted like the usual girls, excited that she was having a baby but sad that it happened the way it did. Oz was the most casual. He offered her a 'Congratulations' and that was it, he also offered his help as well. Xander had been the worst. He refused to believe it for the first few days after he heard the news. When he finally excepted it he refused to believe it was Spike's. In fact, he still denies to this day that it's Spikes.

"Water for the buffster."

Buffy's thoughts were interrupted by Xander placing a glass in front of her. They were all at the Bronze having a 'fun night'. Which meant no patrolling, no demon talk, and no discussion about Spike or that day a month ago.

"A water for you." Xander said handing Willow her glass. "Something fruity for milady." he continued giving Cordelia a drink that was pink with an umbrella in it. "And a coke for me." he finished taking his seat next to Cordelia. "You sure you dont want anything Oz? I got enough left over for another water."

Oz shock his head slowly and placed his arm behind Willow. Willow snuggled closer to Oz and looked over at Buffy. "So where's Angel?"

"He had to run by Giles place and drop something off he found last night at the cemetery." She answered then did a quick glance of the place to see if he had arrived yet.

"You miss patrolling?" Willow asked, noticing the forlorn look she gave when she mentioned Angel and patrolling.

"I dont miss it because I still do it."

"But I thought Angel and Giles said they didn't want you patrolling because of the baby." Cordelia wondered still sipping on her drink.

"They might have said that, but that doesn't mean Im going to listen."

Willow smiled. "Oh, rebellious Buffy still lives."

"I'm not being rebellious." she argued. "Like I told Angel, Im the slayer and it is my duty to slay. Therefore I have to patrol."

"Speaking of the undead." Xander spoke up. "Here he comes."

Angel appeared and leaned down to kiss Buffy lightly on the mouth.

"Hey." Buffy greeted resting her hand on his leg once he was seated. "What did Giles say about that thing you found?"

"Not much. He wants to do some research tonight and meet tomorrow."

Willow and Buffy sighed. "Well there goes the dry spell we were having." Willow commented. "I wonder what big bad we have in store this time."

"Hey, hey, hey! What's this?" Xander asked sitting up straight. "I thought tonight was Scooby 'fun night'. You know, no talk of evil or undead things." He glanced at Angel. "Except of course hanging out with one is still okay."

"Xander." Buffy chastised.

"Buffy not tonight." Angel told her placing a hand on her lower back hoping to calm her. "Lets dance."

Buffy glanced at the dance floor then at Xander. She could either stay here and chew Xander's head off, which was something she could always do tomorrow, or feel Angel's arms around her while they danced. Oh yeah, tough decision there.

"Okay, lets dance."

Buffy took Angel's hand and tugged him out of his seat. A slow song started once they made their way to the middle of the dance floor. Buffy pulled Angel into her embrace and wrapped her arms around him. She rested her head against his chest and sighed happily.

"Um, Buffy." Angel mumbled into her hair. "I know this is supposed to be 'fun night' but...."

Buffy snuggled closer. "Yes it is, and no talking allowed while we're dancing."

Angel pulled back and looked down at her. "I have to ask you something Buffy."

"I dont care." she pouted returning to her previous position.

"I'm serious Buffy." Angel told her pushing her away to arms length.

"So am I Angel." Buffy scowled. "I dont want to discuss anything right now."

"Even if it deals with Spike?"

Buffy felt her heart skip a beat and her eyes glazed over. "I thought we weren't going to talk about him."

"Well we need to now."

Buffy crossed her arms in front of her. " Hes gone and out of our lives. What's done is done."

"Buffy, all I want to know is, if Spike ever came back to Sunnydale would you tell him about the baby?"

Buffy flinched at Angel's question. She had'nt really thought about what she would do if Spike ever returned. Killing him always came to mind, but that was before, before she was carrying his child.

"Why?" Buffy choked out.

"I just need to know."

"Why Angel?"

Angel lowered his head, "Listen Buffy, I just think you should be prepared about what you're going to tell him in case he does show up unexpectedly."

"Angel, what do you know?"

"I've heard from some contacts in LA that Spike is there and hes talking about coming to see me."

"Spikes coming back?" Buffy asked biting her lower lip to keep it from trembling. "When?"

"I dont know. I just know he wants to see me."

The slow song that head been playing earlier stopped and a faster upbeat one started. Buffy pushed her way through the crowd of people forming around her.

"Buffy!" Angel called after her.

Buffy reached the table and retrieved her coat before leaving. She didn't even acknowledge Willow and Oz who were still sitting at the table.

"Buffy?" Willow called out as she watched her stalk out of the Bronze. Soon after they saw Angel following her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

By the time Buffy had reached the cemetery Angel had caught up with her.

"Buffy stop!"

Buffy stopped and collapsed unto a nearby bench. "Angel I cant deal with seeing him right now."

Angel sat down next to her. "I know Buffy, but sooner or later you're going to have to. You are carrying his child."

Buffy started to laugh quietly. "Ahhh!" she half cried, half screamed throwing her head back. "His child, the child of Spike. God, if you had told me when I first met him that I would be having his child....well lets just say you wouldn't be alive after that comment." she joked still looking up at the night sky. "I mean its Spike, hes a vampire. How in the hell did I get chosen to be the unlucky lady to have his baby? Someone up there must really hate me."

"Hate you? Buffy have you ever thought of this as a good thing?"

Buffy lowered her head and looked at him like he lost his mind. "When Spike's involved its never a good thing."

"Thats true." Angel agreed with a little chuckle. "You know you dont have to tell him about what happened if you dont want to."

"If hes having dreams like me, then it wont be long before he remembers."

"You mean?"

"Apparently whatever spell Willow performed is wearing off and now I'm getting little pieces of what happened all back."

"I guess you have to tell Spike then."

"Tell me what?"

TBC........(feedback please!!!)
Some Things Never Change by Annastasia
I am loving the feedback everyone has given me. It really motivates me to write faster and get new chapters up as well. Plus I am glad you are all enjoying it!

Sarahvampgrl: I would love for you to be my beta reader! Can you beta the next chapter for me? I would've had you do this one, but i wanted to get it out tonight.

Chapter 6: "Some things never change"

Buffy and Angel both stood up abruptly when they heard the all to familiar voice of Spike.

"Spike what are you doing here?"

Spike looked at Angel then let his gaze roam over to Buffy. He studied her closely, noting her uneasiness. "You know why I'm here, Angel." he answered not taking his eyes off Buffy. "So, she lives."

Angel and Buffy didn't understand Spike's statement and stared at him blankly.

Spike rolled his eyes at their oblivious expressions. "Last time I saw you Slayer you were passed out." he explained removing his smokes from his coat pocket. "Was wishing you were dead," he told them, then popped a cigarette between his lips. "But, all wishes dont come true."

Buffy instantly became annoyed. "Spike if you dont tell us what you need and get the hell out of here soon, there will be a stake nicely placed in your chest." she threatened, her body relaxing as the anger started inside her.

"Oh, I plan to tell you what I came for." he stated inhaling on his freshly lit cigarette. "But, I dont plan on leaving anytime soon."

Buffy placed her hands on her hips and clicked her tongue. Her annoyance with him reaching its peak she asked, "And why is that?"

Spike looked off into the distance and laughed. Sucking his cheeks in he flicked his cigarette away, not bothering to finish it. "My business here is with Angel, pet." he informed her. "So, why dont you toddle off and leave Peaches and me alone." he suggested making a shooing motion with his hand.

"Make me." she challenged.

Spike's eyes widened. Not one to turn down an invitation to beat the Slayer, he started towards her. Angel intervened quickly.

"Buffy dont agitate Spike."

"What? Angel you cant be serious."

"I am."

Spike smirked. "Yeah Slayer. Listen to the poofter. Dont mess with the Big Bad."

"And Spike..." Angel added turning to face his childe. "Whatever you have to say to me will be said in front of Buffy."

"Hell no!" Spike yelled

Angel only stared at him, a low growl rumbling in his throat. Spike reluctantly gave in to the dominating growl of his sire.

"All right." He pointed a finger at Buffy. " But, because shes here I'm giving the short version."

"Thank god." Buffy mumbled. "The sooner you finish, the faster I can get home and away from you."

"Start talking." Angel said stopping Spike's sneer towards Buffy and her comment.

"I need a place to hide out for a couple of days."

"Why?"

"It seems that I have some baddies on my tail and they're out for blood." Spike told them. "And, I for one dont want any part of my delicate body harmed."

Buffy stifled a laugh and Spike shot a glare at her.

"Why are they after you?" Angel questioned diverting another spat between the two.

"Not going to tell." Spike refused. "I said short version and that was it."

"Spike if you dont tell me why I wont help you."

'Fine." Spike huffed. "I may have accidentally deflowered the leaders sister the night before her wedding to some high ranking Chaos demon or what not."

"Oh my god." Buffy spoke up breaking her two minutes of silence. " You expect us to help you because you let your penis do your thinking for you?"

Spike ignored Buffy and poked Angel in the chest. "You owe me Peaches."

"Why do I owe you Spike?"

"Cause of Dru thats why!" he yelled then started to pace in front of them. "If she hadn't of left me on account of you, then I wouldn't be looking elsewhere to satisfy my loins."

"Gross much."

"Spike."

"A mans got needs you know.....been awhile since I had any. Six months to be exact."

'If he only knew.' Buffy thought to herself as Spike rambled on.

"Now, I got some gang of Vamps on my back." he stopped pacing and stood in front of Angel. "And, if you ask me that girl wasn't a virgin. She came on to me. She knew exactly what she was doing." he finished then added. "Plus she was to loose if you know what I mean."

"Eww." Buffy moaned.

"Spike I cant help you."

"Wha....why not?"

"If I let you hide out at my place they can still get in. You need a place where they're not invited."

"Bloody hell." Spike groaned. "You were my last hope."

Angel watched Spike walk over to a headstone and slump against it. He glanced beside him to Buffy who was watching Spike as well.

'Buffy didn't you say your mother would be out of town for a couple of days?"

"Yeah, until next Thurs...." she froze and whipped her head around when she realized what Angel was thinking. "Oh no."

"Just hear me out Buffy."

Buffy shook her head. "No."

"Spike can stay in the basement and we can bolt the door if we have to."

Buffy ran the idea through her head then shook it again more violently. "No."

"And, Ill stay with you while hes there."

Buffy once again contemplated Angel's idea. "Are you sure you want to do that? I mean you and me in the same house."

Angel lowered his head knowing what she was thinking. Lately anytime they were alone together things got to tempting and on occasion they almost went to far.

"I think we'll be more concerned about Spike to let anything happen."

Buffy nodded her head in agreement. "All right. Lets tell Spike the plan."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thirty minutes later and after some ground rules set by Buffy, Spike was walking into the Slayers house. Angel promptly went down to the basement to start boarding up the windows. Buffy went upstairs to retrieve blankets and a pillow. Spike, being left alone, wandered into the living room. He walked over to the fireplace and studied the pictures lining the top of the mantle. He spotted one of Buffy and the Scoobies together. She looked exactly like the first day he met her.

"Should've killed you when I had the chance." he uttered. 'Then you wouldn't be haunting my dreams."

"Enjoy talking to your self, Spike?"

Spike slowly turned away from the mantle and saw Buffy standing in the entrance, her arms loaded with blankets. She had a smile on her face, obviously amused that she had caught him talking to himself.

"Sod off." he growled stalking over to the couch and sitting down.

Buffy was shocked that Spike hadn't retaliated with a snide remark. She stepped into the den and set the stuff she had in her hands down on the coffee table. She took a seat in the armchair directly across from him. They both sat in silence waiting for Angel to finish in the basement. She would be down there helping him, but he told her to settle things with Spike. Meaning he wanted her to tell him everything that had happened since he was last here.

Buffy glanced up at Spike, who was looking around the room. Her thoughts drifted back to the conversation at the cemetery. A weird feeling had formed in the pit of her stomach when he had mentioned sleeping with that virgin. She couldn't quite pin what the feeling was, but it had made her sick. Maybe it was disgust.

Glancing up at him again she wondered if he was having dreams like her. Her most vivid one was last night. She could almost feel him sinking his fangs into her skin when he bit her. Instinctively her hand shot up to the scar on her neck.

Spike caught the movement out of the corner of his eye and turned his gaze on her.

"Okay basements ready."

They both heard Angel and Buffy jumped up from her seat. Her fingers still rubbing the side of her neck.

"Excuse me." she spoke softly before leaving the room.

"What was that about?" Angel asked Spike who was now standing next to him.

"Dont know, dont care." Spike replied. "Im going downstairs."

He too brushed past Angel and headed in the direction of the basement.

"Oh, and do me a favor." he said snapping his fingers. "Dont go snogging the Slayer and get yourself a happy because A) I dont want to deal with Angelus right now, and B) Ill stake myself if I hear you two cooing at each other."

Angel ignored Spike and glanced up the stairs. He decided to go find out what was wrong with Buffy.

TBC.......................
Nightdreams by Annastasia
Chapter 7: "Nightdreams" (R)

Buffy heard a knock on her bedroom door. "Come in Angel," she said, wiping
her eyes clear.

Angel opened the door a crack and peeked his head in. "How did you know it
was me?"

"Only vampire in this house who cares what's wrong with me," she stated
simply.

"You didn't tell him."

Buffy scooted over so Angel could sit next to her on the bed.

"I couldn't tell him."

Angel sighed and rested his elbows on his knees. "He has a right to know."

Buffy looked at Angel prepared to say something, but instead stood up and
started pacing the room.

"Why does he have a right to know?" she asked, not to Angel, but more to
herself. "It was a stupid spell that caused something really stupid and
disgusting to happen between us. If I had a choice I wouldn't want to know,
but since I got pregnant I had to know how."

"Buffy eventually you're going to start showing and he's going to question
who knocked you up."

Buffy shot a glare at Angel for his lude comment.

"Buffy, you can't not tell him."

"Yes I can," Buffy told him defiantly. "We can pass the baby off as Xander's
or maybe even yours."

"What about the dreams?"

"The what?"

"The dreams...the ones where you remember what happened."

"Oh, those dreams."

Buffy made her way back to the bed and plopped down next to Angel.

"Angel I cant..."

Angel put his hand on her back and started rubbing in small soothing
circles. "Why don't you get some rest and we'll talk about it in the morning."

"Yeah." she agreed, running a hand through her hair. She looked at Angel as
he moved his hand up to stroke her hair.

"Sleep with me." she pleaded.

Angel's hand stilled in her golden locks and he met her gaze. "Buffy..."

"Just lay with me, put your arms around me. I want to feel safe for one night
at least."

Angel slowly nodded his head. They both stood and pulled the covers back off
her bed.

Buffy stripped down to her panties and a tank top while Angel remained in his
black jeans and silk shirt.

Buffy slid into bed and Angel followed. He spooned his body against hers and
wrapped his arms around her waist. Buffy took hold of one hand and laced her
fingers with his. She snuggled closer and soon sleep overtook them both.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Every dream started out the same. She would be in the Bronze dancing with her
friends, upbeat music playing in the background. Then the music would stop
and her eyes would open and she'd find herself all alone. Then a force so
strong would pull her towards the back exit. In a flash she would be outside
and Spike would appear out of the darkness. They would begin to fight without
hesitation. Fighting would turn to groping, then kissing. Another flash and
they were in the factory going at it wildly. The dream always ended at her
shuddering climax.

But tonight was different. Tonight she was a seductress and her prey was one
blond vampire.

She strolled through the crush of warm bodies covering the dance floor. A few
men came up to her and greeted her with a lame pick up line. But, she ignored
them, barely acknowledging their presence. She was interested in only one man.

She spotted him by the pool tables, standing alone. A wicked smile formed on
her face and she started to nibble on her lower lip imagining all the things
she wanted to do to him.

A waiter passed by and she plucked a beer bottle from his tray.

"Hey!" the waiter shouted.

Buffy ignored him and slinked over to Spike. He was bent over the table
lining up the cue ball. She came closer and set her beer down on the edge of
the pool table.

Spike turned his head to the bottle and slowly lifted his eyes. He stood
straight when he saw her standing there, a devious look gleaming in her eyes.

Spike let his eyes roam back down over her body. He took in her outfit, the
way her shirt dipped low just above her cleavage and how her pants hugged her
hips.

"'ello Slayer." he greeted when his gaze returned to hers.

"Spike." she purred circling behind him and running her finger along his back.

Spike shut his eyes tightly and took in an unneeded breath.

Buffy made it to his other side and took the pool stick from his grasp.

"I've never played before," she told him bending over the table, the stick
poised in her hands. She ran the stick agonizingly slow between her
fingers. "Would you like to teach me?"

She glanced over her shoulder at him. He was tense, his jaw muscle flexing
rapidly.

After a moment's consideration he moved in behind her. He placed both hands
on her hips before running them over her ass to her front. He pulled her
roughly against his groin.

Buffy cried out softly when she felt his erection grind into her. Moaning
with pleasure she bent over further.

Spike groaned at her sudden movement and continued moving his hands up her
body. He found her breasts and squeezed them, eliciting another moan to
escape past Buffy's lips. He used his hold on her firm breasts to lift her up
flush against his body.

Buffy dropped the pool stick and rolled her head to the side, resting it
against his shoulder.

Spike pushed her hair aside exposing her delicate neck. He vamped and sunk
his fangs in to her.

Buffy jerked from the pain and opened her mouth to scream. A light shot
through her and they were in the factory. Her scream faded to a moan as she
felt Spike enter her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Angel awoke to Buffy thrashing beside him. He reached over to wake her, but
stopped when he realized it wasn't a nightmare she was having.

"Spike."

As Angel heard her moan Spike's name anger ripped through him. There was so
much desire behind it.

"It's just a dream," he told himself, soothing the jealousy growing
inside. "Just a dream."

"Oh god."

Angel shook his head and focused his attention back on Buffy. His eyes
widened when he saw her caressing herself. He could hear her heartbeat
increase and smell her arousal. Not able to take anymore he reached over and
gently shook her.

"Buffy."

She didn't stop. Her breathing was becoming shallow. "Yes, yes, yes!"

Angel shook her again. This time she arched her back off the bed and screamed
her release. Her eyes slowly fluttered open and her breathing started to calm.

"Angel." she whispered.

Angel moved closer and took her into his arms. "You okay?"

Buffy started to nod her head then quickly started to shake it. "No." she
sobbed.

"Is that what the dreams are like every time?"

"No, this one was the worst."

"It didn't sound so bad."

"Angel." Buffy moaned quietly. She pushed his hands away and sat up.

"Sorry." he apologized. "Do you want to talk about it?"

"No."

She got up from the bed and put her robe on. "I need a drink, my throat is
dry."

Angel stood up as well. "I think it would be best if I finished sleeping in
my own bed," he told her, reaching for the doorknob.

He opened it and they both stepped into the hallway.

"Goodnight." Buffy said leaning forward and pressing her lips to his.

Angel leaned in but she was already pulling back and heading down the stairs.

TBC.....
Something by Annastasia
Author's note: I know the last chapter wasnt that exciting and i apologize for how vague and slow it was. Thanks to all who replied expressing how much they loved it! That really put a smile on my face, and for that i am very appreciative. I hope this chapter holds more insight into what is going to happen in future chapters and please you all. Thanks again! Oh and another note....i am having serious writers blaock right now, so maybe if I get enough feedback i can get out of my slump.

Thank you to Sarah once again for beta'ing this chapter for me! Dont you all think she is doing a lovely job!?

Chapter 8: "Something"


Buffy crept quietly towards the door to the basment. For some unknown reason she had to see Spike. Maybe it was to see if he was having a dream. Or maybe it was to see if he was even still there at all. She didn't know why, but she had to check on him.

Slowly she turned the knob and popped the door open.

"Looking for me, luv?"

Buffy slammed the door and spun, pinning herself flat against the wall.

"Spike," she gasped, placing a hand to her chest. "You scared me."

Spike emerged from the darkness of the kitchen holding a mug. "Nice to know I still have the touch."

"Spike, what are you doing out of the basment?" Buffy asked once she regained her composure and remembered where she was.

Spike held up the mug.

"Got thirsty." he told her. "Since when do you store blood in the fridge?"

"Since Angel started staying over."

Spike eyed her curiuosly. "So, Angel's become a permanent resident here?"

"No.....yes....I mean, sometimes he stays after a long night of slaying," she explained, her voice becoming taut with nervousness as Spike moved closer to her.

"Yeah right," he said, his disbelief evident.

Spike set the mug down on the table as he passed it. He made his way closer to her and stopped inches from her body. He placed a hand flat against the wall beside her head.

"Why are you so nervous Slayer?" he asked, smelling her fear and hearing her pulse quicken.

"I am not nervous Spike! You just know how to rub me the wrong way," she spat out.

"Is that right?" he asked, lifting his other hand and using it to brush her blonde hair behind her shoulder.

Buffy slapped her hand over the scar exposed as he slid her hair back. Spike smiled at her.

"No need to hide it, love. I already know what's there."

He pulled her hand away to reveal the two symetrical scars on her neck. He lightly rubbed his thumb over it, then tilted his head to look at it closely. His eyes grew wide when he recognized the bite as his own. He felt Buffy starting to move away and grabbed her.

He pulled her flush against his body and glared at her.

"You know, don't you?" he stated. "You know about my dreams."

Buffy struggled to break free. "I don't know what you're talking about Spike."

"Yes, you do." he replied dryly then pulled her closer. His gaze dropped to her lips and he gradually lowered his head toward her trembling mouth.

Buffy stopped her struggle and welcomed him. She was aching for him and needed to feel some part of him touch her. Any part of him. The dreams stirred something in her, something deep. Something that she didn't want and couldn't control, all the same.

When their mouths met that something exloded inside her. She melted into him, clutching his shoulders to keep herself from falling.

Spike, on the other hand, was in shock. Shock because he was kissing the slayer and because she wasn't pullig back. Ignoring the nagging feeling in his gut he deepened the kiss, his tongue pushing past her lips to delve into her mouth. He gripped her hair and tilted her head back, giving himself easier access to her taste.

Buffy wrapped her arms around his neck and threaded her fingers into the hair at his nape. A low groan rattled her throat and she cried from the intensity of it all. She felt the wetness forming between her legs and her knees weaken. She wanted him.

Spike caught a whiff of her arousal seeping her panties and it hit him. The familiarity of her in his arms like this. The feel of her against him, clinging to him. They had been like this before, but he didn't know when. His thoughts dissolved as he felt the heat from between her legsagainst his thigh.

Buffy felt him grow hard and her own desire increased. Unwrapping one arm from around him, she slid it down between their bodies. Her hand stopped above the waist of his jeans then pushed down inside them. She took hold of him and Spike groaned.

He slammed her agaisnt the wall behind them. His own hands undid the front of her robe and pushed it apart. He gripped her top and shoved it down, exposing her breasts. Breaking the kiss he trailed his lips down her chest until his mouth was greeted with an erect nipple. He took it between his lips and sucked hard. Buffy cried out and held his head to her.

Spike pulled back and looked at her. Something was off, he could sense it. They were mortal enemies. This shouldn't be happening.

"Slayer?" he mumbled, grabbing her attention.

Buffy jolted back to reality and pushed Spike away. She pulled her robe closed and ran out of the room.


TBC.................Feedback is good for the writers soul!
Wake-Up Call by Annastasia
Sorry, forgot to add.......Thanks to Sarah for beta'ing this chapter!!!!!

Chapter 9: "Wake-up Call"(PG)

Spike awoke to the feel of something poking him in the chest. He opened his eyes to find the Slayer straddling him, the stake in her hand poised directly over his heart.

"Nice wake up call, pet. But I don't recall ordering...."

"If you tell anyone about what happened between us last night, I will kill you. No questions asked," she threatened, ignoring his sarcastic remark. "I mean it. If Angel or my friends find out, you will be a big pile of dust."

With that she stood and spun around to take the stairs up to the kitchen.

Spike sprung out of bed and followed her. He found her near the counter starting a pot of coffee.

"I want answers, Slayer."

Buffy didn't turn to face him. Instead she opened the fridge and pulled out a bag of blood. She ripped it open and poured it into a mug. Ever since Angel had started staying here she had gottenused to fixing his meal for him, so it didn't bother her.

"I know you have them," Spike told her, watching her stick the mug into the microwave to heat it. "If you don't start talking I will..."

"When Angel wakes up I'm going to call Willow and Giles," she informed him. "When they get here all questions will be answered."
She removed the heated blood from the microwave and shoved it at him.

"Drink up. You're going to need it."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Buffy entered the room that Angel was staying in and walked over to the bed. It was dark and she couldn't see very well. She stumbled in the darkness and banged her toe on the nightstand.

"Ouch!"

"Are you okay?" Angel asked, already by her side. He had sensed her come in and when he heard her cry of pain immediately jumped out of bed.

"I didn't mean to wake you."

Angel helped her to the bed and they both sat down on the edge. Buffy leaned down to massage the throbbing pain coursing through her stubbed toe.

"I was already awake," he told her as she finished tending to her foot.

"Oh," Buffy mumbled. "Good morning then."

Angel laughed softly. "Morning. Did you sleep okay last night?"

BUffy nodded her head slowly, mentally pushing aside the events of last night.

"No more dreams?"

"Nope."

Angel studied her face and noticed the distant look in her eyes. She seemed bothered by something. She wasn't all there. He reached a hand up and cupped her chin, forcing her to look at him.

"Then why the long face?"

Buffy sighed heavily. "Spike wants answers."

"What?"

"When I went downstairs last night he was in the kitchen. We started insulting each other and he noticed the scars. He recognized them as his own and freaked. Then he mentioned something about his dreams and how I knew what they meant. So, now he wants to know."

"Have you called Giles?"

"Not yet," Buffy answered standing up from the bed. "But I'm going to and he's going to explain everything."

"And you're going to tell Spike about the baby?"

Buffy stopped at the door. "No I'm not. I decided its best that he never know."

"Buffy."

"Get dressed. They'll be here soon," she said, opening the door and stepping out into the hallway.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Giles and Willow both arrived an hour after being called. Buffy let them both in and told them to go into the den. Willow walked past the entrance and froze when she saw Spike casually sprawled across the couch.

"What's he doing here?" she whispered to Buffy.

Buffy shut the door and joined them at the entrance to the den. "He's here for answers."

Giles took Buffy by the arm and lead her away from the den. Willow followed.

"Buffy, I can understand why Spike would want answers, but I think the main question here is 'what is he doing here?'" Giles stated in a low voice.

Buffy inhaled deeply. "I can't tell you why he's here until I tell you why you're here," she said then glanced behind her to make sure Spike wasn't eavesdropping. "He wants to know what happened the last time he was in Sunnydale."

Giles removed his glasses and glanced down at the floor. "And I suppose Willow and I are the ones that are going to tell him."

Buffy smiled and shook her head.

Willow started to hyperventilate. "I'm not going to tell him. I can't tell him. Do I have to tell him?"

Buffy was about to answer her when Giles interrupted.

"How does he know something happened?"

"Well," she nervously started to nibble on her lip. "He's been having these dreams where he and I are....together."

"And you know this how?"

"I've been having the same ones."

Giles once again removed his glasses and pinched his nose. "Why haven't you bothered to tell me this before now?"

"I thought they would go away."

"Buffy, you know your Slayer dreams are important and cannot be ignored."

Buffy rolled her eyes. "Excuse me Giles but I don't think dreaming of screwing Spike qualifies as an important Slayer dream."

"Any dream qualifies as important."

"Can I leave?" Willow asked.

Buffy and Giles stopped their heated debate and faced Willow.

"No, I need you both here to tell him."

"What exactly do you want us to tell him?"

"I just want you to explain the situation and how Willow did that spell."

"What!?" Willow cried. "If you tell him about the spell he'll get mad, and a mad Spike equals a dead Willow."

"Willow, Spike isn't going to hurt you," Buffy told her, hoping to calm her before she went into the den.

"So, basically you want us to tell him everything."

"Except the little bit about me being pregnant and it being his."

"Hey! Can we get this show on the road."

They all heard Spike shout from the den.

"Come on."

TBC..............Feedback is good for the writers soul!
Confessions by Annastasia
Thank you Sarah! I hope you feel better!

Chapter 10: "Confessions"(PG-13)

All three walked into the den and scattered themselves around the room. Buffy took a seat on the armrest of the chair Angel was sitting in. Willow seated herself in the chair at the little oak desk near the wall and Giles decided to remain standing.

Giles cleared his throat. "So, Spike you have some questions for us."

Spike slouched back and propped his legs up on the coffee table. "Yep, and I hear you lot have the answers to 'em."

Giles removed his glasses. "Right. Well, before we begin Spike, I want to make a few things known."

Spike let his head fall back and groaned. "Slayer, tell your watcher that I don't have time for this."

Buffy, who was busy leaning into Angel's embrace, rolled her eyes and looked at Giles.

"Giles, I'm sorry Spike is being a jackass."

Spike was the one who rolled his eyes this time.

"But, the sooner we finish this then the quicker we can leave and get away from him."

"Yes, you are right about that." Giles agreed, placing his glasses back on. "Let's start from the beginning, shall we."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

An uncomfortable hour had passed with Willow explaining haltingly what she had done while Giles had broken in as the voice of reason and decorum to take over when Willow had been at a loss.

"So that explains the dreams," Spike whispered, still letting everything he'd just been told sink in. He had been with the Slayer. He had touched her and felt her intimately. That was why the dreams seemed so real. Because it had all really happened. He glanced over at Angel and a huge grin formed. "I shagged the poofter's girl. Amazing! Was I good enough for you, Slayer?" he asked aloud as his eyes landed on Buffy.

Buffy stood abruptly. "Spike! We didn't tell you this so you could gloat to Angel. And as far as you being good, I don't remember," she finished before mumbling. "Thank god."

"Even with the dreams you don't remember?" Spike continued "Cause I can recall a lot from my dreams. The way you felt. The way you tasted. The way...."

"Spike!" Angel hollered.

Buffy stood there frozen, unable to move. Her heart rate had jumped when Spike started describing his dreams. He was right. The dreams were vivid and realistic. But, she would never let him know that or how they got to her.
Taking her eyes off Spike she finally returned to Angel's side and sat back down.

Spike had noticed Buffy's eyes cloud and her face tense. If he didn't know any better he could swear she was thinking about her dreams. He had managed to hit a nerve and spark something in her. He smiled inside thinking about all the ways he could use this weakness to his advantage.

"Lets just focus on the dreams and what's in them, and not on what you both felt or did," Giles suggested, sensing the tension rising in the room. "I'm curious to know if you two are dreaming the same thing."

"I am so not talking about my dreams," Buffy protested, standing up again and leaving the room.

Willow got up and followed her. Leaving Angel, Giles and Spike alone.

Spike was the first to break the silence that had settled. "Well, I'm not embarassed to talk about 'em."

Giles looked over at Angel and shrugged. "Okay, Spike, how do they usually begin?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Buffy it's okay. You don't have to talk about them," Willow counseled her best friend as best she could.

It had been a few minutes since they had left the den and Buffy hadn't uttered a single word. Both of them lifted their heads when they heard someone come into the kitchen.

"Giles needs to ask you some questions, Buffy," Angel told them.

"What?" she asked in shock. "I thought I told you guys I wasn't talking about anything."

"You only have to answer yes or no," Angel explained, coming up to the counter they were seated at. "Buffy, if you want to get to the bottom of this you're going to have to cooperate."

"There's nothing to get to the bottom of," Buffy yelled.

"Buffy," Angel growled softly.

Buffy glared at him, daring him to get mad at her.

Seeing the look in her friend's eyes, Willow decided to step in and try.

"Buffy, I think what Angel is trying to say is that this baby didn't just happen. You know Spike can't just have one because he's.....he's dead. So, there has to be a reason behind it."

Buffy looked from Willow to Angel, debating whether to run upstairs into her room and lock the door or trust in them. Finally she decided on the latter. "Alright," she said reluctantly. "But, only yes or no. I'm not going into details."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Buffy entered the den first and spotted Spike standing alone on the other side of the room. He didn't bother to look up when they came in, which made her wonder if something had occured. Giles was sitting on the couch where Spike had been, and he too didn't look up at them. Buffy narrowed her eyes finding it odd that they both seemed disturbed by something. She glanced at Spike again and this time he looked up. A shiver traveled up her spine when she saw his eyes. They were dark and unnerving. She quickly looked away.

"Giles what's going on?" she inquired nervously.

Giles moved over a little and patted the cushion next to him. "Why don't you sit down Buffy."

Buffy sat down and waited.

"Um, I know you don't want to talk about the....the dreams you've been having. But, I do need to clear up some things."

"Right, that's what Angel told me, but I don't see why.....?"

"Is Spike the only one in your dream?" Giles asked, not letting her finish her own question.

"What do you mean the only one?"

"Are you and him alone?"

"Yes."

"Are you two in the Factory?"

"Yes."

"Does he bite you?"

Buffy reached up and touched the scars on her neck. "Yes."

"Has there been anyplace else beside the Factory?"

"Yes."

"The Bronze?"

Buffy swallowed hard. "Yes."

"And you haven't noticed anyone out of the ordinary?"

"No." Buffy answered, then looked up at Angel. "Angel, what's going on?"

"He knows." Angel answered flatly.

Buffy stole a glance at Spike. He was still standing as far away as possible, but now he was turned and looking directly at her.

"I don't understand."

"The baby, Slayer," Spike hissed.

TBC.....................Feedback is good for the writers soul!
Our Baby by Annastasia
Okay this is the unbeta'd version. i dont know where Sarah is and I cant seem to get in touch with her. So, I hope she forgives me for posting this.

Chapter 11: "Our Baby"(PG-13)

Buffy's eyes went wide. "How do you...?" she started to ask Spike, then glanced accusingly at Giles and Angel. "You told him."

"No we didn't, Buffy." Giles spoke calmly, his eyes focused on the floor in front of him.

"Then how does he know?"

"Dru." Spike answered moving out of his corner further into the room. "In my dreams."

"It seems that Spike's dreams have been very detailed." Giles explained. "Mors so than your dreams I assume."

"What is she doing in the dream?" Buffy asked nervously already worried for the life inside of her. If Spike's dreams were anything like hers in showing the future, then they had problems.

"Apparently Dru appears carrying a child..."

"Oi, Watcher!" Spike cried out. "Its my dream innit? Let me describe it."

Giles rolled his eyes. "Sorry, Spike. Please indulge us." he stated sarcastically.

"Dru appeared in my dream holding a baby." Spike began. "She kept saying it was mine and asking me if she could keep it," he laughed softly recalling how crazy the dream seemed at the time. "Of course it being Dru, I thought she had officially falling off her rocker. I told her we didn't turn baby's for a reason. She just smiled and said little birdies sang to her and told her the baby was the answer to everything," he stopped smiling and closed his eyes. "Then she would disappear and thats when you and I," he finished opening his eyes and looking at Buffy. "We would be in the Factory."

Buffy stared at Spike letting everything he just told her sink in. She faced Giles.

"Why does Dru have my baby?"

"Our baby." Spike corrected.

Buffy jumped to her feet and moved in front of Spike. She glared at him.

"As far as I'm concerned this baby is mine and you will have nothing to do with it," she ground out between clenched teeth. "You or you crazy ex."

Spike stepped closer to her until their faces were only inches apart. "You think I wanted this to happen? You think I want to go around being known as the vampire who knocked up the Slayer? As far as I'm concerned you disgust me, I hate you. I hate you for what you've done to me."

"What I've done to you?!" Buffy yelled in astonishment.

"You ruined me as the Big Bad. And, its all because you couldn't keep your dimpled knees closed."

Buffy punched Spike as hard as she could. He went flying across the room into the wall behind him. Everyone in the room watched as Spike got his bearing's and stood. He growled and lunged for Buffy, but Angel grabbed him.

"I could kill you!" Buffy threatened.

Spike pushed Angel off of him. " Dont bother. When the sun sets I'm gone."

"Good riddance."

Spike pointed at Buffy. "You better watch it Slayer. We're still mortal enemies, always will be."

"Oh you're scaring me."

Spike and Buffy continued to spar. Angel tried to interfere but Buffy only started yelling at him too.

"Enough!" Giles shouted.

All three stopped shouting and turned to look at Giles.

"Spike you aren't going anywhere."

"What?"

"Until we figure out why this is happening you will remain in Sunnydale and you will stay with Buffy."

"Giles." Buffy protested.

"If Spike's dreams are any indication of what's to come we will need him."

"For what?"

"Well, if his dreams are becoming more and more prominent like yours, then he may have answers for us."

Spike scoffed. "Like I'd tell you lot."

"You will tell us Spike or we will kill you." Giles warned.

Without saying another word Spike left the room and went down to the basement.

"So, now that Spike knows do you think we should start research?" Willow asked startling Angel and Buffy who had forgotten she was still there.

"Um, yes." Giles agreed standing up. "Buffy, you and Angel stay here and make sure Spike doesn't leave. We may need him."

"But...."

'Okay." Angel answered stopping Buffy from another disagreement.

"Good."

Buffy promised to call Willow later that night and asked Giles to call her if anything came up. She closed the door and sighed heavily.

"What the hell is going on here Angel?" she asked not turning to look at him.

"Buffy you may not realize this right now. But, Spike is the father of your child and you need him."

Buffy stood in silence, resting her forehead against the door. Finally she spun around and faced him. "He's Spike and I don't need him," she replied her voice laced with hate. She passed him and started up the stairs. "And I don't need this from you."

"Buffy." Angel called after her from the bottom of the stairs.

"I'm going to take a nap."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Spike waited until the sun set then made his way upstairs. He entered the kitchen and started for the backdoor.

"Going somewhere Spike?"

Spike jerked his head to the side and saw Angel leaning against the counter.

"Yeah." He answered opening the door and stepping outside.

He started in the direction of the Bronze. He knew Angel was behind him, but he just kept right on walking.

"You're not leaving Spike."

"Sod off!" Spike threw over his shoulder. He then pulled out a cigarette and lit it.

"Ill tie you down if I have to."

Exhaling a cloud of smoke Spike turned to address Angel. "Im coming back. Just need to clear my head is all."

"Right and why should I believe you?"

Spike took another drag off his cigarette. "Follow me if you want. I don't care."

Angel watched Spike walk away, he debated whether to follow him or not. Finally he decided he shouldn't leave Buffy alone and headed back inside.

TBC..............................................."Feedback is good for the writer's soul!"
Heat, Desire..... by Annastasia
Sarahs back! Yea! Thanks Sarah!

Chapter 12: "Heat, desire....." (R-NC17)

Spike waltzed into the bronze and headed straight for the bar. He only had one plan and that was to get his mind off the Slayer.
He took a seat at the far end, away from everyone, and ordered his first drink of many to come.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Where did he go?" Buffy asked Angel while putting her coat on.

She had just woken up from what was supposed to be a short nap and found out that Spike had left over an hour ago.

"He said he would be right back," Angel told her, wondering why she was even worried. "Why do you care anyway? I thought you wanted him gone."

"Angel, have you forgotten that a gang of vamps are after him?" Buffy reminded him, flinging the front door open.

"And?"

"And they might find him and kill him."

"Again, not seeing why you care," Angel mumbled, following her down the street.

"Because if anyone is going to kill him it will be me."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"All I wanted was my girl back," Spike told the bartender standing behind the counter. He swallowed the remainder of his drink and slammed the glass on the counter. "But she had to intervene again," he grumbled, wiping his mouth with the back of his hand. "Give me another."

The bartender filled up another glass and set it in front of Spike. "So, having girl problems?" he asked, leaning on the counter.

"Like you wouldn't believe."

"Want to talk about it?"

Spike glanced up at the guy and eyed him. "Want to kill is what I want to do."

"Wow, is it really that bad?"

"I can't believe I slept with her. I don't even like her. I loathe her. Can't even remember sleeping with her."

"Got plastered, huh?"

Spike didn't hear the guy and kept on talking like he wasn't even there. "I should be happy that I can't remember. I mean, who wants to remember sleeping with their mortal enemy, right?"

"Uh, yeah," the bartender agreed, starting to wonder about the weird guy bent over his drink. "But, no. I hate that I can't remember. Maybe it has something to do with bragging rights," Spike wondered to himself then shook his head. "Nah, told anyone I shagged her I'd be dead. Not really a reputation I want to have around my kind." Spike looked down into the glass he held in his handand smiled. "God, if this got out .....I would definitely be a pile of dust."

"Okay, I think you need to be cut off now."

Spike shrugged his shoulders and hopped down off the stool. "Should be going anyway."

"You need a cab?"

"Walking." Spike answered, throwing some bills onto the counter.

"Hope everything works out!" the bartender shouted to Spike's retreating form.


Spike decided to take the long way back and cut through the graveyard. On a buzz from all the alcohol he had consumed he ended up stumbling over a gravemarker and falling face first to the ground.

"Bloody hell," he groaned, flipping over onto his back. "Got to get up," he told himself, trying to sit up. His head started to throb and he clutched it with his hand. "Argh!"

Finally he managed to get to his feet and start walking in the direction he thought the Slayer's house was. After two minutes his legs gave out and he fell to the ground again.

"I'll just lay here for a while," he mumbled, rolling over onto his back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Buffy and Angel had separated to find Spike. Angel went into town to look around and search the Bronze while Buffy checked the cemeteries.

She was just entering the second one when she heard him.

"Spike, if you're in trouble I won't save you," she swore, starting off in the direction she'd heard him. She found him passed out on the grass in the middle of the cemetery.

"Pathetic," she whispered under her breath.

She approached him and kicked him in the side. He didn't even flinch. She kicked him again, harder. This time he grumbled but still didn't move or open his eyes. Buffy rolled her eyes and positioned her leg to kick him once more. In an instant she was on the ground with Spike on top of her.

"Mmmm," Spike moaned, grinding his hips into her. "Slayer."

Buffy inhaled sharply. She felt something cold against her neck and gasped when she realized it was his mouth.

"Spike?"

"Shh," he told her, trailing his hand down her front. "Let me touch you."

She tensed when she felt his hands move under her shirt, pushing the fabric up to reveal her bare stomach. Cold fingers lightly grazed her skin before settling on her breast. Against her better judgment she arched into his hand.

"You like that, dont you?"

"Yes."

Spike smiled. He pushed her legs apart with his knees and settled between her thighs. He ground his erection against her jean covered mound.

"You feel that? You feel how hot I am for you?"

Buffy nodded slowly, her mouth gaping open. Slowly Spike kissed his way along her jawline and down her neck. He stopped above the scars he'd made. He licked them then placed his mouth over them and sucked hard. Buffy gripped his shoulders and cried out her pleasure.

"Wait....Spike, we can't," she tried to speak, using the grip she had on him to push him off.

Spike lifted his head and stared down into the clouded eyes of the Slayer. Her breathing was rough and shallow, her face flushed. She was so vulnerable right now, so weak. He could easily bite and drain her, but he didn't want to. All he wanted to do was touch her, fuck her.

"Let me remember," he said, moving his hand between them and stroking her. "I want to remember what it felt like to fuck you. Let me fuck you, Slayer."

"Wha...?" she cried, pushing him off of her. She sat up and adjusted her shirt. "You're wasted Spike."

Spike rolled onto his back and started laughing. "Cut the Miss Innocent act. You wanted it, I know you did," he looked over at her and smirked. "In fact, you still do," he said, placing his hand on her thigh.

Buffy watched Spike's hand move up her thigh towards her crotch. She couldn't understand why she wasn't fighting him. It was like she had no control.

"Spike," she moaned, failing miserably in her attempt to show that he wasn't effecting her. "Please."

Spike didn't stop, her weak state only encouraging him to do more. He buried his head in the curve of her neck and started to kiss his way up to her jawline. He reached her ear and nibbled on it. "Say it, Slayer," he whispered. "Tell me you want me."

Buffy closed her eyes, allowing herself to enjoy his touch. The feel of his cool lips against her hot skin and his hand stroking her was exactly what she needed. The intense pleasure he was giving her pushed all the stress and tension out of her body. She felt completely relaxed.

Spike began to stroke faster. Pressing his finger on the right spot just above her clit. The rough material pressing into her coupled with his fingers stroking her caused any small amount of will-power she had left to shatter.

"Yes, I want you!" she shouted. "Spike, I want you."

TBC......................"Love that feedback!"

Yes I know yet "another short chapter." I wish I could make them longer but I have this thing where they have to end in certain spots and all that mess. I hope you all enjoyed this one despite its shortness. Plus look forward to S/B action in the newt few chapters! I will try to post before Tuesday!
All About Sex by Annastasia
Thanks Sarah! And no problem about the delay.....you do have a life to live!

Chapter 13: "All about Sex" (NC-17)

Buffy pushed Spike off of her onto his back and straddled him. "But you're going too slow," she said, running her hands down his chest to the waist of his pants.

Spike watched her pop the top button open.

"You found him!"

Angel's voice snapped Buffy out of her lust-filled daze. She looked at Spike who was silently cursing then down at her hands. They were half way down his pants. She jerked them away. Another close call, she realized, and this time they almost got caught.

"Why are you sitting on Spike?" Angel asked, standing beside her and looking down at Spike.

Buffy quickly stood. "Um, he was being a jerk about coming back, so I had to rough him up a little."

"That's not true," Spike spoke up. "I was coming back. Told peaches I was."

"Shut up, Spike."

Spike cocked an eyebrow at Buffy. He got up from the ground and rebuttoned his pants, not caring that Angel was standing right there.

Angel glanced down and noticed Spike's evident bulge. "What was going on before I got here?" he asked, sensing something was up.

"Nothing," Buffy answered too quickly. "I told you. Spike was being a jerk so I had to...."

"Did he touch you?"

"What?"

"Don't lie for him Buffy," Angel told her. "If he touched you."

"He didn't," Buffy lied. "Now let's just go back home. I'm really tired and I just want to get back into my nice, warm bed."

"Yeah, I wouldn't mind getting into something nice and warm as well," Spike commented towards Buffy.

Buffy only glared at him before turning and starting back to her house.

Spike watched her retreating form. He sensed Angel staring at him. He rolled his head back.

"What?"

"Have you always gotten excited when you fight Buffy?"

Spike looked at Angel out of the corner of his eye and smiled. "What can I say, I love pain."

"Are you two coming?!"

Spike gestured in front of him with his hand. "After you."

Angel brushed past Spike and ran to catch up with Buffy.

"God, this is going to be fun," Spike thought to himself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I'll be up to say goodnight in a minute," Angel told Buffy, stopping her before she went upstairs. "I'm going to talk to Spike about something."

"Okay."

Buffy saw Spike smiling at her. "Why are you smiling, Spike?"

Spike moved from the doorway to stand beside Angel at the bottom of the stairs. "Just want to thank you for the rough and tumble, luv."

Buffy groaned in annoyance then turned and started up to her bedroom.

"Now Angel, what is it you want to talk about?" Spike asked, looking at the spot where Buffy once stood.

Angel grabbed Spike around the neck and slammed him against the nearest wall.

"Let's get one thing straight Spike," he hissed. "I don't trust you. Right now Buffy is vulnerable and her guard is down. If you take advantage of her in any way.....just know that I'm keeping a close eye on you. I love Buffy and I'll hurt anyone who tries to hurt her."

"Not...going...to hurt...your girl, peaches," Spike hissed back. "No need to worry."

Angel released him. Spike massaged his neck where Angel had gripped him.

Angel scoffed at Spike's statement. "No need to worry that her mortal enemy won't hurt her."

"It's what I said."

Angel didn't bother to reply. Instead he left him there alone, against the wall, to say goodnight to Buffy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Night Angel," Buffy said from her bed.

Angel was standing in the doorway holding the door open. "Goodnight," he said before closing the door.

Buffy sat in the dark waiting until she heard Angel close his door. When she heard a silent click she pushed the covers off, got out of bed, and put her robe on. She went to the door and pressed her ear to it, listening closely for any sign that Angel wasn't going to stay in his room. After a few minutes of silence she cracked open her door and peered out into the hallway. The door leading to Angel's room had no light shining under it. So, she knew he was retired for the night. Opening her door a little more she stepped out into the hall and quietly made her way downstairs.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Spike lay awake on the cot staring up at the ceiling. He could hear Buffy moving around and knew she was heading down to the basement to see him. Probably to poke another stake into his chest and threaten him some more.

He heard the basement door open and the creaking of the stairs as she came down them. He made no motion to show he knew she was there.

Buffy walked to the side of Spike's cot and looked down at him. His eyes were closed but she knew he wasn't asleep.

"Spike," she whispered.

Spike opened one eye and glanced up at her. "Can't a bloke get some rest around here?" he moaned, draping one arm over his face.

"No." Buffy answered coolly before placing one knee on the mattress and swinging her other leg over his body. "Not when we have to finish what we started."

The hand over Spike's face fell away to reveal two eyes gleaming with mischief. "Ohh, Slayer wants to play," he cooed, thrusting his hips up into her.

Buffy smiled and ran her hands up under his shirt. "I don't want to play. I just want to fuck."

"Naughty Slayer. What would Angel think if he..."

Buffy punched Spike. He growled then gripped her hips and flipped them so he had her pinned beneath him.

"You want it rough?" he asked, reaching down under her robe and ripping her panties off. "I can make it rough."

He slipped two fingers inside her. He watched her thrash her head against the pillow, soft moans escaping her mouth. He added another finger and began to stroke her clit with his thumb. Her hips unknowingly started to move in time with his fingers. Spike removed his fingers and Buffy groaned her disappointment. Ignoring her protest he reached down and undid his pants and pulled his already hard cock out. He positioned himself at her entrance then thrust forward as hard as he could.

"Unh!" Buffy moaned feeling his cold shaft stretch her. Every muscle in her body tensed from the invasion.

Spike pinned her arms down beside her head. He slowly pulled out until only the head of his cock was still in her then pushed back into her more forcefully. He repeated the process several times, loving the look of pain and ecstasy that crossed her face.

"Been awhile since you had it this good," he sneered between each thrust.

"Never....had it..." her sentence was cut short as her first orgasm shot through her. Instinctively she wrapped her legs around his waist, locking them at the ankles.

Spike growled and released her wrists. Sitting back on his legs he pulled her up so she was sitting in his lap.

Coming down from the intense orgasm, Buffy slowly opened her eyes. She noticed the new position they were in and smiled. Holding onto his shoulders for leverage she began to ride him.

"No," Spike said gripping her hips and halting her. "Lets get rid of this clothing."

Buffy lifted her arms above her head allowing Spike to remove her tank top. Once Spike had his shirt off Buffy pulled their bodies flush together. Bare skin against bare skin. Hot touching cold. She began her rocking again. Slowly building herself up to another orgasm.

"Pants." Spike moaned into her hair.

Buffy kissed his ear and shook her head. "No. Dont pull out, not yet."

She pulled away from him and started to rock faster. He watched in awe as her breasts bounced in front of him, both nipples erect and staring back at him. He looked at her face, her eyes were closed, her bottom lip between her teeth. She seemed to be concentrating really hard on what she was doing.

Spike returned his gaze to her chest. Running his hands up her side and around her back he pulled her close so she was centimeters from his face. Sticking his tongue out he lightly traced her aureola. He knew she liked that when he felt her nails dig into his shoulders. This time he flicked at the nipple with the tip of his tongue. He felt her inner walls quiver around him. She was close. Finally he covered the nipple with his mouth. Sucking, flicking and biting her.

Buffy threw her head back as the tingling sensation centered at her core spread over her body.

"Oh god!"

Not able to control himself any longer, Spike pushed her back onto the mattress. He started to pound into her while she was still reeling from her orgasm. Feeling himself about to lose it, he thrust one final time, burying himself inside her and exploded. Cold seed poured out of him and spilled into her womb.

He collapsed on top of her sated. He rested his forehead against hers waiting for his cock to empty itself.

"I needed that." Buffy said, trying to catch her breath.

"Happy to oblige."

TBC............"Feedback is good for the writers soul."
In Dreams by Annastasia
Thanks to Sarah...my wondeful Beta Reader!

Chapter 14: "In Dreams" (R)

"Happy to oblige," Spike replied rolling off of her. He sat up on the edge of the cot. He could still hear Buffy breathing roughly. He smiled, loving the fact that he still had it.

He stood up. "I need a smoke," he said while tucking himself back in and zipping up his pants. "You'll be gone when I get back," he said more as a statement then a question.

"Yes."

"Good."

Buffy watched Spike ascend the stairs two at a time. When he was gone she laid down on her side and pulled the blanket over her nude form. She was to weak to get up yet. All she wanted to do was sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Spike returned minutes later to find Buffy fast asleep on the cot.

"Stupid git," he mumbled walking over to the cot.

He debated whether he should wake her or not. He was sure if he didn't Angel might find her down here, which would result in him being dusted. But, he could let her sleep then wake her up, have another shag session with her and send her on her merry way. Yeah, that idea sounded better than the former.

Spike took off his pants and settled in beside Buffy. He laid with his back pressed to hers. He had to shove at her a little so he could have some room. He saw that she had taken full control of the only pillow, so he used his arm to rest his head on. He closed his eyes and listened to the slow rhythmic breathing coming from the body next to him. Soon he was asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Spike moaned and rolled over in bed. He wrapped his arm around Buffy and pulled her closer.

"Spike."

He heard something and opened one eye. He waited for the noise to sound again. When he didn't hear anything he scooted closer to Buffy and nuzzled his face into her hair.

"Spike."

Spike lifted his head. He heard his name being called. His eyes flashed yellow as he looked around the dark basement for the owner of the voice.

He sat up when he spotted her in the corner. "Dru?"

Spike stared in awe as his dark princess appeared out of nowhere. She wore her favorite white dress and held Miss Edith in her arms. She floated over to him.

"My pretty Spike."

"Dru, is it really you?"

Dru stroked the side of Spike's face with the back of her hand. Spike closed his eyes and savored the feel of his love touching him. She was really here. She came back for him.

"Why are you here?"

Dru looked down at Miss Edith and started to walk around to the other side of the cot. Spike followed her with his eyes and that's when he noticed the Slayer next to him. He had forgotten all about her. He looked up at Dru. She had Miss Edith pressed up to her ear. Apparently the doll was telling her something. He felt the bed shift and glanced down towards Buffy. She was now lying on her back, the sheet that had covered her body was bunched at her waist, exposing her breasts and bare stomach.

"Naughty Spike," he heard Dru say. He lifted his gaze once again and saw her staring at Buffy.

"Mummy should be mad," she told him, setting Miss Edith down on the bed. "But, it's all part of the plan."

Spike watched Dru lift her hands till they were hovering above Buffy's abdomen.

"Dru?"

"Ooooo," she sang, closing her eyes. "So strong." She lifted Miss Edith into the air and started spinning. "Miss Edith was right," she said, continuing to spin around the room.

Spike quickly covered Buffy up with the blanket. "What was she right about?"

Dru stopped dancing and looked at him. "Do you hear it?" she asked him, her eyes peering around the room. "It's getting closer."

Spike kept his eyes on her as she walked over to him and sat down on the cot.

"Listen," she instructed, placing her hands over his ears.

"Dru, I cant...."

"Shh," she whispered. "Listen."

Thats when he heard it. The faintest sound of a baby crying.

"Its..."

Dru smiled. "The answer."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Buffy felt Spike tighten his arm around her. She idly wondered when he had put it there. Deciding to ignore that thought she pulled his arm off of her and sat up. She closed her eyes and rubbed the sleep out of them with the palms of her hands. When she opened her eye she saw that the basement was now glowing with light. Candles were everywhere. She looked behind her and saw Spike's still sleeping form on the cot. Moving her gaze across the room she spotted a cement block in the middle. She stood and moved to it. Something was drawing her towards it. There was something there that she knew she had to see. As she got closer a baby appeared on it. A newborn, naked and sleeping peacefully on top. A calming feeling washed over her. She knew that the baby was hers. Her eyes started to water.

"My baby," she whispered. She started to move closer to it, but was stopped. She tried to move again but something was keeping her in one spot.

"Slayer," a voice sang from behind her.

"Who's there?" Buffy asked her eyes frantically searching the darkness.

"Does my Spike please you?"

Buffy tensed at the question. "Drusilla," she hissed before seeing the vamp appear beside her.

"He does," Dru told her, holding a hand in front of her and looking over her body. "You glow. You're satisfied."

"What do you want, Dru?"

Dru looked at the baby and smiled.

"So pure," she moaned, walking over to it. She took the baby into her arms. "So evil," she continued, then started to hum a lullaby. "The answer."

Anger filled every vein of her body at the sight of her baby in Dru's embrace. Buffy clenched and unclenched her hands at her sides.

"Put my baby down."

Dru ignored her. Still holding the baby she floated past Buffy. Buffy turned slightly so she could still see Dru.

"Dru, I swear if you don't put my baby down...." she yelled, panic starting to take over her anger. She couldn't do anything. She couldn't move.

Dru turned towards Buffy. But her eyes weren't on the Slayer. Instead they seemed to burn right through her.

"I knew you'd come."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Buffy's eyes flew open. She sighed, relieved that it had all been a dream. It had felt so real. The feelings she had experienced were intense. She shuddered involuntarily and looked over at Spike. He was there, asleep. She pushed the sheet that was on her away and got up. Finding her robe she put it on. She quickly grabbed her top and left the basement.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Buffy woke up in her own bed to the sound of the phone ringing. She blindly reached for it and plucked it off the receiver.

"Hello?"

"Buffy, it's Willow."

Buffy ran a hand through her hair and forced her brain to wake up. "Hey Wills."

"How are you holding up?"

Buffy's mind drifted to last night and her moment with Spike. Despite herself she smiled as the way he made her feel came over her.

"Surprisingly good," she answered, the smile still plastered on her face. "I feel refreshed."

"Really?" Willow asked in shock. "Did something happen between you and Angel?"

The smile on Buffy's face faded away at the mention of Angel. It dawned on her that she had betrayed Angel by sleeping with Spike. Suddenly the content she felt slipped away and was replaced with remorse.

"Uh, not really," she told her. "I just had a good nights rest. If you don't count the dream I had."

"What was the dream about?"

Buffy sat up and braced her back against the headboard. "Im still kind of half asleep, so I can't really remember it vividly."

"But, Buffy what if the dream will tell us something about why you got pregnant and with Spike's baby."

"Willow I never said I didn't remember it, I just don't feel up to talking about it right now."

"Oh."

Buffy pushed the covers off her body and stood up. "Listen, can you call Giles for me and tell him I'll be at the library after my doctor's appointment. I need to ask him some things."

"Sure," Willow said then paused. "Do you want me to go with you?"

"Where?"

"The doctor's?"

Buffy sighed heavily. "No, I want to go alone."

"Are you sure? I can come if you want. You know, be the shoulder to lean on, the hand to hold."

"Yes, I'm sure. Thanks anyway."

"Okay. So do you want me to call the rest of the scoobies and converge at the library as well?"

"Sure, why not. You guys are as much a part of this as I am."

"I guess I'll see you there," Willow said then asked. "What time?"

Buffy glanced at the clock on her nightstand. "My appointment is at one, so I'd say around two"

"All right, see you then."

"Bye."

Buffy replaced the phone on it's cradle and sat down on her bed. For some reason she had a weird feeling in the pit of her stomach. She knew it wasn't morning sickness, it was something else. It was almost like she knew something was coming. Something that she couldn't control. Maybe it was just the after effects of the dream she'd had. Seeing Dru holing her baby still unnerved her. She was powerless the whole time during the dream. She couldn't save her child, let alone fight for herself. Even though the dream showed no indication of Dru harming her baby, she knew Dru was a bad sign.

"I really need to talk to Giles," she said, getting up from the bed. "I need to know why this is happening."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Miss Summers?" a nurse called from the door.

Buffy glanced up from the magazine she had been flipping through. "Yes?"

"Come with me."

Buffy got up from her seat and followed the nurse down the hall to a tiny room. The nurse opened the door and walked in. Buffy followed.

"Take a seat," the nurse instructed, pointing to the bed.

Buffy set her coat down on the chair in the corner and hopped onto the bed. She watched the nurse as she filled out her chart.

"So," the nurse said, turning to face her, "this is your first time seeing Doctor Morris?"

Buffy folded her hands together and set them in her lap. "Yes."

"How far along are you?"

"Um, about two months."

"Okay," the nurse breathed, jotting something down on the chart.

The nurse then proceeded to take her temperature and blood pressure. When she was done she handed Buffy a gown.

"Take your clothes off and put this on. Dr. Morris will be in shortly."

Buffy smiled weakly. "Thank you."

The nurse returned the smile and left the room.

Buffy slid off the bed and slowly began to remove her clothes. Once she had them off she put the gown on and laid down on the bed. Seconds after she had lain down she heard the click of the door. She looked up and saw a tall, thin woman with dark, curly hair come in. The lady was looking at her chart. She closed the door and looked at Buffy. "Hello Buffy, I'm Dr. Morris."

"Hi."

"How are you today?" Dr. Morris asked, moving to stand by the bed.

"Nervous," Buffy replied.

"Nervous? Why are you nervous?"

"I'm worried something will be wrong."

The doctor placed a comforting hand on Buffy's arm. "I'm sure nothing will be wrong. You're a strong young woman in good health."

Buffy smiled at the doctor's attempt to calm her nerves.

"So, should we wait for the father to arrive or do you want to go ahead and start?"

"He isn't coming."

The doctor eyed her curiously. "But he knows you're here?"

"No."

"Do you know who the father of your baby is?"

Buffy felt her mouth go dry and she swallowed. "Yes, but we aren't on the best of terms right now."

"I see," Dr. Morris spoke softly. "Does he know you're pregnant with his child?"

"He knows."

"And what does he have to say about it?"

Buffy shut her eyes and sighed. "Dr. Morris I really don't want to talk about it right now."

Dr. Morris nodded her head. She reached behind her for the swivel stool and pulled it close to the bed. She sat down.

"Buffy, I'm not trying to pry into your personal life."

"It feels like you are."

"I'm only trying to understand you and what's going on in your life. Not only am I your doctor but I am someone you can come to if you need to talk. My job is to see that this pregnancy goes as smoothly as possible by being your doctor and a friend."

Buffy stared at Dr. Morris. She really needed a person to talk to besides Willow and Angel. Someone who wouldn't prejudge or criticize any decisions she made. Most importantly someone who could help her understand what was happening to her.

"Thank you."

"Now that we have that all laid out, let's get started."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Spike's what?!" Xander yelled, bolting up from his seat.

"Staying with Buffy," Giles answered, calmly flipping through the latest book dealing with prophecies.

"And you're okay with this?"

"No, I'm not."

Xander threw his hands into the air. "Then why are you allowing it to happen?"

Giles looked up from the book in his hand and fixed Xander with a stare. "Because we may need his help."

"We don't need his help," Xander stated firmly. "We can figure this out without him. Buffy has us to help her."

"Xander," Willow spoke up. "Spike is the father of her baby."

"So?" he shrugged. "I bet when that baby is born he'll use it as an appetizer before he chows down on Buffy."

"Xander!" Cordelia shouted from her seat beside him. "Will you shut up, you're giving me a headache."

Xander glared at her. "Gee, Cordy I knew I could count on you to not give a damn about Buffy."

Cordelia shot to her feet. "As far as I'm concerned your precious Buffy made her bed and now she can lay in it."

After saying her piece she stalked towards the exit.

"Yeah, well....not with Spike!" Xander shouted after her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Buffy saw Cordelia burst out of the library.

"Cordelia!" she yelled, trying to get her attention.

Cordelia spun around and saw Buffy waving at her. She huffed then turned on her heels and walked away.

Buffy wondered what was wrong with Cordelia. Just then Xander came through the door.

"Xander!"

Xander saw Buffy. "Hey Buff."

"Whats wrong with Cordelia?" she asked, pointing in the direction she last saw her.

"Buffy I can't talk right now," he said, backing away from her.

"But..."

"I'll try to come back later."

Buffy tried again to call out to him, but he was already halfway down the hall. She shrugged her shoulders and shook her head. She pushed the door open to the library and walked in.

"Hey gang," she greeted. She saw Willow at the table typing away at her laptop, Oz leaning over her, but Giles was nowhere in sight.

Willow peered over the top of her computer when she heard Buffy.

"Buffy," she said, getting up and walking over to her. "How did the appointment go?"

"Fine."

"Everything okay?" Willow inquired. "You know, strong heartbeat?"

"The baby is fine. In fact, the doctor says I'm right on schedule."

"When is the due date?"

"August 4th give or take a few days."

Willow smiled at the good news and at the fact that Buffy seemed happy, more so then usual.

"Where's Giles?"

"Right here," he answered, coming out of his office. "Willow said you had something to tell me."

Buffy nodded her head. "Yes, I do. I had a dream last night," she told him. "And Dru was in it."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Spike woke up and smiled. It was time to wake Buffy and have his way with her. He turned onto his side and was surprised to find her gone. When had she left? What time was it?

He got out of bed and put his pants on. He pulled his shirt on roughly and started up the stairs.

He found the kitchen empty. He went into the den next and saw Angel talking on the phone.

Angel saw Spike walk into the room. "Yes, he's up," he told the person on the other end. "We'll be down there soon."

Angel hung up the phone and turned to Spike.

"Who was that?" Spike asked, sitting down on the couch.

"Willow."

"What did the witch say?"

"That we need to go to the library."

Spike snorted. "We? I'm not going anywhere."

"You really want to stay holed up here?"

"Who said I was staying here?" Spike questioned. "I'm going out."

"No, you aren't," Angel said. "If you don't come with me then I tie you up."

"What!?"

"After last night I'm not taking any chances."

"Bloody hell!" Spike cried. "I'd rather throw myself in front of the vamps that are after me than stay with you all if that's the way I'm going to be treated."

"How do you want us to treat you, Spike? Serve you at your beck and call?"

Spike pondered Angel's question, then answered. "Well, yeah."

Angel laughed. "We're leaving," he told him before walking out of the room.

"Soddin hell!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Okay before Spike and Angel get here let's go over your dream once more."

"Okay."

Giles started to pace around the room. "Now you say that you saw a baby."

"My baby."

"We don't know if it was your baby," Giles informed her.

"I know," Buffy told him. "I know the baby was mine."

"Buffy...."

"It was."

"Very well," Giles gave in. "And Dru told you your baby was pure and evil?"

"Yes, she also said it was the 'answer'. What do you think that means?"

"I'm not sure really. I was up all night researching but I couldn't find anything that was helpful. But before we try to break down your dream I want to know if Spike had one as well. Maybe his will shine some light on yours." Giles turned to Willow. "Willow have you found anything?"

"Nope. Right now I'm downloading information on the spells I performed that night. Maybe it was something I did to cause Buffy's condition."

"Willow, it wasn't your fault," Buffy counseled. "There is no way one tiny love spell caused this to happen."

Willow gave Buffy a slanted smile. "You're right, but I still want to check."

"Stop pushing me!"

Willow, Buffy, Giles and Oz all looked up at the entrance. Spike and Angel had finally arrived. Spike looked pissed and Angel looked annoyed. Angel saw Buffy and walked over to her. He leaned down and kissed her on the cheek. Buffy looked at Spike. He was staring at her, a cocky grin spread across his face. She knew instantly want he was thinking about.

Spike clicked his tongue and let his eyes roam over Buffy's body. He really wished she had been there when he woke up. A quick roll in the hay would have started his day off great.

Buffy felt herself growing hot under Spike's gaze. She tore her eyes away from him and looked at Giles.

"Giles before we start interrogating Spike I need to talk to him," she said, standing up.

"What about?"

Buffy strolled over to Spike. "It's personal," she replied then grabbed Spike by the arm and jerked him out into the hall.


TBC.............Next chapter deals more with the dreams and what they might mean.
Anything by Annastasia
Thank you Sarah(vampgrl)!

Chapter 15: "Anything" (PG)

"What the hell do you think you're doing?" Buffy asked, pushing Spike hard into a row of lockers.

Spike laughed, "What are you talking about?"

"Argh!" she groaned. "Stop looking at me like that in there or else they'll start to wonder."

Spike sucked in his cheeks and let his eyes roam over her body. "Like what?"

Buffy groaned again. "Forget it. I dont want to play games with you right now."
She started past him.

"Maybe I do," he growled, pulling her back and pressing her against the lockers with his body. "Where were you this morning?" he asked, holding her in place with one hand and running the other over her middle.

This time Buffy laughed. "Oh, please. Did you really think I was going to stay in your bed until you woke up?"

Spike pushed the bottom of her shirt up a little. "That was the plan," he replied, sticking his tongue between his teeth and gazing down at her chest.

"Maybe your plan, but not mine," Buffy sneered, smacking his hand away.

Spike quickly returned his hand to its previous place, but this time completely up her shirt. He took hold of her breast and kneaded it roughly.

"Slayer," he purred. "Tell me you don't want another go."

Buffy exhaled silently. He was getting to her and only a few feet from her friends. At any moment Angel could come walking through the door and catch them. But, did she care? No. Feeling his touch again was exactly what she wanted.

"I don't," she whispered, her voice shaky.

Spike smiled. He lowered his face and nuzzled her neck. "Are you sure?"

"No."

"Let's leave," he suggested, nibbling on her ear. "We don't need to be here."

"Okay," she agreed then shook her head. "I mean no."

She pushed him away again. "I'm not going anywhere with you."

"I said I was sorry."

"I just don't understand why you always defend her."

Buffy heard Xander and Cordelia. She distanced herself away from Spike a little more just as they were coming into view.

"She's my friend."

"I'm your girlfriend," Cordelia argued.

Xander was about to reply but stopped when he noticed Buffy.

"Hey, Buff!"

Xander then noticed Spike. "What's he doing here?"

Cordelia rolled her eyes and shoved Xander so she could go into the library. Watching Xander protect his Buffy wasn't something she wanted to entertain herself with.

"Is he bothering you?" he asked, stopping beside Buffy.

"Why is it that I'm always the one assumed to be bothering the Slayer? Has it ever crossed your minds that she might be bothering me?"

"No," Xander answered flatly. "Besides your very presence bothers everyone."

"Xander, can you please go in the library? I need to talk with Spike..alone."

"I'm not leaving you alone with him."

Buffy sighed. She was becoming annoyed with Xander's unneeded protection. "Please Xander."

Xander looked from Buffy to Spike. Spike smirked at him.

"Fine, but I'll be standing right by that door in case fangboy here tries anything."

Spike lifted his hands and mocked being afraid of Xander's threat.

"Thank you."

Xander eyed Spike as he walked past him into the library.

Buffy waited until the door shut before addressing Spike.

"Spike..."

Spike slinked over to her. Placing his hands against the lockers on either side of her.

"Alone at last."

"Don't start," Buffy warned.

Spike's mouth curved into a half smile. "Why? You afraid of your chums finding out what I did to you last night? How I made you scream? Made you beg."

"I didn't beg," she protested, her eyes growing wide.

"True," Spike consented, running a finger down her arm. "But, you will soon."

'So thats how he wants it to be.' Buffy thought to herself. 'Two can play this game'

Buffy dropped her gaze to his chest and slowly ran her hands up under his shirt. Spike hissed from the contact of her skin against his.

"If you behave yourself," she began, moving her hands downward. "Then tonight I'll let you do anything you want to me."

Spike inhaled an unneeded breath of air as her hands grazed over his crotch.

"Anything?" he asked through clenched teeth.

Buffy looked up and met his eyes. They were glazed over and dark from the heat building inside him.

"Anything," she cooed, pushing herself off the lockers. She moved around him. Spike stayed where he was, leaning against the lockers. His mind spinning from her offer.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I have a feeling that some books are missing or I'm not looking in the right ones." Buffy heard Giles say as she walked through the door.

"I have a friend in LA who might be able to help," Angel suggested.

Giles looked up to say something to Angel and noticed Buffy. "Buffy, where's Spike?"

"Right behind me."

Spike came in with his duster wrapped around him, covering the bulge in his pants. Buffy caught sight of this and stiffled a laugh.

"I'm here, watcher," Spike said, walking over to the counter and jumping onto it. "What is it you want to know?"

Giles set down the book in his hand and removed his glasses. "It seems Buffy had a dream last night. We were wondering if maybe you had one too."

Spike shifted around, trying to position himself so his still hard erection didn't bother him. "Yeah, I did."

"Really?" Giles asked, shocked.

Spike furrowed his brows. "Yeah, why would I lie?"

Everyone stared at him like he had lost his mind.

"Balls," he mumbled under his non-existent breath. "I'm not lying."

"Would you tell us about it?"

"Sure...although I must warn you, it isn't as exciting as some of my previous ones," he told them, eyeing Buffy and waggling his brows at her.

"I assure you we're all deeply dissappointed," Xander commented sarcastically.

"Shut your hole, wanker."

"I don't know why we're even bothering to listen to him," Xander said, ignoring Spike. "Why should we trust him?"

"Becasue we need him," Buffy pointed out.

"Buffy, he's your mortal enemy," Xander said. "He's evil, a vampire...."

"And he needs us," she added.

"Needs us?" Xander repeated. "For what? Blood?"

"Let's focus on Spike's dream," Giles remarked. "Now is not the time for petty bickering."

"Spike, did Dru tell you anything about the baby?" Willow asked, breaking her silence.

"Hey, Red," Spike greeted in surprise. "Didn't know you were here. How are you?"

"Fi....Fine," Willow stuttered.

"No hard feelings about the whole kidnapping thing?"

Willow stole a glane at Buffy who was staring intently at Spike.

"No hard feelings."

Spike grinned. "Good. Glad to know one scooby doesn't hate me."

"Spike, tell us about the dream," Angel said, his patience wavering.

"Nothing to tell really. Dru appeared, saw Buffy in bed with me, said it was all part of a plan, heard a baby crying then it ended."

When he finished he glanced around the room and noted the loooks everyone was giving him. Willow, Giles and Oz stared at him like he had grown another head. Xander and Angel looked ready to explode. Cordelia was busy looking over her nails. And Buffy, well if looks could kill he'd be dust.

"Whoa, stop, rewind. What did you say about Buffy in bed with you?" Xander questioned, his mind a jumbled mess.

"Buffy, what is Spike talking about?" Angel asked, shifting his gaze from Spike to her.

Buffy shook her head. "I don't know."

"Bloody hell," he groaned. "She wasn't really in my bed."

"Thank you for clearing that up Spike," Giles said, once again removing his glasses. "Now, you said you heard a baby crying?"

"Yep."

"Did you see the baby?"

"Nope, just heard it."

"Wait a minute," Willow interupted stopping Giles' questioning. "Spike said Dru mentioned a plan."

"Right. A plan," Giles mumbled, recalling that part. "What plan was she talking about?"

"How the bleeding hell should I know?" Spike cried. "All she said was it's part of a plan."

"What's part of a plan?"

Spike clicked his tongue, wondering if he should tell them or not. He guessed the supposed plan was his sleeping with Buffy. But, if he told them the truth then that would ultimately end him getting his jollies. Sure he could find someone else to screw, but he wanted it to be the slayer, at least for the time being.

"Don't know," he finally replied.

"He's lying," Xander accused, pointing a finger at Spike. "He knows and he's not telling us."

"Am I done here?" Spike asked, searching his pockets for his smokes. "Cause I'm really tired of listening to the whelp prattle on."

Giles rubbed his forehead, relieving some of the tension that was building. "Yes, Spike. You may go."

"Ta-ta."

"Well now that Spike is gone we should get back to research."

"Maybe Angel and I should leave too," Buffy said standing up. "Just to make sure Spike doesn't skip out on us again."

"Alright then," Giles agreed. "The rest of us will continue looking and hopefully we'll find something."

Buffy grabbed Angel and tugged him out of his seat.

"Will you call if you find anything?"

"I always do."

"Bye," Angel said before being dragged out of the library by Buffy.

~~~~~~~~~~~

"I thought you wanted to follow Spike," Angel said, walking into Buffy's house behind her.

Buffy turned to face him and smiled. "No, I just said that to get us out of doing research. Reading books is not one of my specialties."

"Really?"

"And now," she said, taking his hand and leading him into the kitchen. "We have some time alone."

"That we do," Angel softly agreed.

Buffy stopped in the middle of the kitchen and pulled Angel to her. She brought her hands up and wrapped them around his neck. She pulled him down to meet her halfway. Their lips touched and Angel moaned.

"I thought I smelled you, Peaches."

Buffy and Angel broke apart at the sound of Spike's voice.

"Spike, what are you doing here?" Buffy asked, pissed that she and Angel had been interrupted.

"Uh, staying here," he answered, stepping into the kitchen and around them. "Or have you already forgotten?"

"Unfortunately, no."

Spike dumped the remainder of the blood he was drinking down the drain. He rinsed his mug and set it on the counter.

"Come on Angel," Buffy said. "Let's go into the den. I'm sure Spike wants to be alone."

Spike and Buffy glared at each other as she walked out of the room.

~~~~~~~~~~

Angel spun Buffy around once they were in the den. Buffy giggled and snuggled into his arms.

"You know some of the dreams I've been having are starting to make sense."

Buffy closed her eyes and half laughed, half groaned when Spike came into view.

"Let's humor him," Angel whispered into Buffy's ear.

Buffy looked up at him and smiled. "How about I just kill him instead?" she said, low enough so even Spike wouldn't hear.

Spike fell back into a chair and propped his feet up on the coffee table. Buffy shoved them off before sitting down on the couch.

"So how are your dreams making sense?"

"Well," Spike began, leaning forward in his seat. "The one I had last night where Buffy is in bed with me. What makes sense about that one is that she really was...."

"Blood!" Buffy blurted out loud.

Angel looked at her. He noticed the color in her face had drained.

Spike smirked triumphantly. Although he wished he could've gone further in his explanation, he loved pushing her buttons.

"Blood," she said again. "We are out of blood. Angel, will you run by Willy's and get some?"

"Sure," he answered, then reached up and tucked a strand of hair behind her ear. "Are you okay? You look kinda pale."

Buffy shot to her feet. "NO, I'm fine," she assured him. "Let me get you some money."

Angel shook his head. "That's alright, I got it."

Buffy walked Angel to the door.

"You need anything while I'm out?"

Buffy smiled and shook her head. "No, just hurry."

"I will," he said, then placed a kiss on her forehead.

Buffy felt Spike behind her after she closed the door. She so didn't need this from him right now.

"Trying to back down on your promise, Slayer?"

She turned and faced him. Her mouth was drawn into a thin line. She crossed her arms and fixed him with a cold stare.

"What promise?"

Spike looked up at the ceiling. "Buffy, Buffy, Buffy," he tsked, moving closer to her. "I get to do anything I want to you. And, now that loverboy is gone...." he paused long enough to run his fingers through her hair. "Let's get started."

TBC..............Please Feedback!!! I need it! *NC-17 next chapter*
So Wrong by Annastasia
Thanks to Sarah(vampgrl) for beta'ing this chapter!


Chapter 16: "So Wrong"(strong NC-17)

While waiting for Buffy to respond Spike took the opportunity to lean closer and inhale her scent.

Buffy started to laugh. Spike pulled back and cocked a brow at her.

"You...you actually believed me?" she managed to ask over a fit of laughter.

"I've been all hot and bothered since the bloody library and now you're not going to do anything about it!"

"Me?" Buffy choked out, still giggling.

"Yes, you," Spike mocked.

Buffy collected herself before saying, "You have a hand...use it."

Spike growled. He jerked her body against his and tilted her head back.

"I'd rather use your hand," he snapped back then covered her mouth with his.

Buffy felt herself slowly giving into him. His cool tongue caressing hers sent chills through her body. His hand running over her ass and pushing her pelvis into his made her groan against his mouth. She gasped when she felt his excitement pressed into her stomach.
Spike broke the kiss and looked down at her. Her eyes were closed with her mouth gaping open. Not wanting to lose the hold he had on her, he lowered his lips to her neck and grazed it with his blunt teeth.

"Why?" he heard her breath.

"Why what, luv?"

Buffy swallowed hard. "Why do I hate you one minute and then....then the next all I want is for you..."

Spike smiled into her hair. "For me to what?"

"Touch me."

Buffy heard the lock on the door and pushed Spike away. Spike snarled, wiping his mouth with theback of his hand.

"Buffy?"

Buffy recognized her mother's voice instantly. Spike watched as her features changed from desire to fear.

Joyce came in dragging a heavy load of luggage behind her.

"Whew," she sighed, dropping the bags once she was fully in the foyer. She looked up ready to call Buffy's name again when she saw Spike.

"Spike?"

Spike smiled softly at her, happy that she remembered him.

"Joyce, you're back early."

Joyce furrowed her brows. "How did you? Where's Buffy?"

"Mom."

Joyce's head spun to see her daughter standing in the corner.

"What are you doing home?"

"What? No, 'Hello mother. How was your trip'?"

Buffy started to say something but her mother continued to talk.

"Ah, you wouldn't believe me if I told you. I have had the most trying past few days of my life," she told Buffy, turning to pick up her luggage.

"Let me get that," Spike offered.

"Thank you, Spike," she said with a smile.

Spike picked up the bag with ease. He took one final look at Buffy before heading up the steps.

"So, Mom, why are you home?"

"Well, as you know I wasn't supposed to be back until next week."

"Right."

"This week I was scheduled to go to New York to check on an Aztec artifact that had arrived. Plus I had to examine a piece they received from Africa," Joyce took a breath before going on. "Anyway, the artifact didn't arrive. Apparently I can't leave the gallery unsupervised for more than a week without things getting out of hand. So, I booked a flight back home to straighten everything out."

Joyce finished and glanced up the stairs. "Spike," she said pointing. "What is he doing here?"

"Long story," Buffy replied, hoping that would end all further questions. It didn't work.

Joyce crossed her arms and eyed her daughter sternly. "Buffy, did something happen while I was gone?"

"Not while you were gone," Buffy said timidly. "Are you hungry? You must be after that long plane ride." She turned and started to go to the kitchen. "I'll make something for you..."

"Buffy."

Spike came trotting down the steps in time to hear Joyce's firm tone. He glanced at Buffy who was nervously chewing her bottom lip.

Buffy's shoulders sagged. "I was going to tell you before you left but I didn't want to ruin your trip. So, I decided to wait until you came back, that way we could sit down and..."

"Buffy."

"I'm pregnant," Buffy finally blurted out.

Joyce's eyes went wide and her hand shot up to cover her mouth.

"What did you say?"

"I'm pregnant."

Joyce closed her eyes and mentally tried to calm herself. "How long have you known?"

"About two months."

"And you're just now telling me?!"

"I didn't want to ruin your trip. I knew how important it was and I didn't want you to have to cancel because of me."

"Who's the father?"

Buffy lowered her eyes to the floor. She heard her mother moan.

"Do you know who the father is?"

Buffy looked at her mother then at Spike. "Yes."

"It's me, Ms. Summers," Spike answered for Buffy.

Joyce looked at Spike in shock. She returned her gaze to Buffy. "I don't understand," she mumbled, pressing her fingers to her forehead. "I thought you were with Angel."

"I am. But, something happened and Spike and I....." Buffy's voice trailed off, too ashamed to go into details with her Mom.

Joyce simply nodded her head. "You were right Buffy. We should have held this off until we were both able to sit down and talk it out. Right now I am so tired I don't think I have enough strength to get mad at you."

"I'm sorry, Mom."

"We'll talk tomorrow." Joyce started up the stairs. "Goodnight Spike," she said as she passed him.

"Joyce."

Buffy could feel tears forming in her eyes. She tried hard not to start but once one escaped the rest flowed down her face like a never-ending waterfall.

Spike saw the tears on her face and groaned. "None of that Slayer. I'm sure by tomorrow she'll be another shoulder for you to lean on."

Buffy wiped at her eyes roughly. "I should know not to expect any sympathy from you."

"Yeah, well, hate you," Spike stated matter of factly.

Buffy was about to retaliate but was stopped by Angel coming in the door.

"Who's car is that in the driveway?" he asked, handing Spike the bag of blood.

"Angel, you need to leave. You can't stay here tonight."

"Why?"

"My mom's back and she would so not understand two vampires staying in her house."

Angel nodded his head. "I understand. Come on Spike, let's go."

"NO," Buffy said. "Not Spike."

Spike smirked. "That's right, not Spike," he repeated, poking Angel in the chest with each word.

Buffy pushed Spike behind her. "He's still got those vamps after him."

Angel pulled Buffy aside. "Buffy, you don't have to keep him here. I'll find a place safe enough for the both of us."

"No, it's better if he stays here where they can't find him."

"What if they do find him? You'll be in danger then."

"Angel, I can handle myself. Vampire Slayer, remember."

Angel glanced at Spike over Buffy's shoulder. "I don't know Buffy."

"Please Angel," she pleaded, taking his hand in hers. "Let me walk you outside."

Spike peered out the window beside the door. Buffy and Angel were deep in a lip lock.

"Stupid poof," he mumbled, rage boiling inside him. This was the second time he witnessed them kissing and for some reason it pissed him off. Seeing Angel with his hands on Buffy really irked him.

"God, why do I care?" he groaned moving his eyes off the scene before him.

He spun when he heard Buffy coming back inside.

"Let's get you some blood," she said, grabbing the bag from him. "And, then its down to the basement with you."

She started off into the kitchen and Spike followed.

"What do you think I am?" he asked. "A child?"

"What are you talking about Spike?" Buffy asked, dropping the bag onto a nearby table and turning to face him.

"Drink your blood, go to bed," he mimicked, closing the distance between them. "There's something else I want to do," he continued, trailing his hand down her arm.

Buffy slapped his hand away. "Not going to happen."

"Already did," he reminded her.

Buffy rolled her eyes. "Spike, watch TV if you want to, I really don't care. But you and me....no."

She left then to go upstairs and lock herself in her room.

"That's all right," Spike assured himself once she was gone. "She'll change her mind before the night's through."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Spike mindlessly flipped through several channels. An hour had passed and still no Buffy. He was already irritated that she had turned him down, but that she wasn't coming to him only fueled his anger.

"I'm not going to her," he said aloud.

Why was she denying herself of him he really didn't know. It was obvious she wanted him as much as he wanted her. He'd smelled her arousal before they were interrupted by her mum.

"Bloody hell," he moaned, throwing the remote down and getting off the couch.

He took the stairs two at a time until he reached her door, and stopped.

For minutes he just stood there staring at it, willing her to come out. To come to him. He wouldn't go to her. Nope, he was the Big Bad, women were supposed to come to him. That's how this game was played.

Reluctantly his sexual frustration won over his fragile ego. He raised his hand preparing to knock when the door flung open to reveal Buffy.

Buffy reached out and grabbed him by his shirt and pulled him in.

"I knew you'd change your mind, pet," he bragged while she undid his belt.

"Shut up," she ordered, ripping his shirt open.

Spike shut the door closed with his foot. He gripped Buffy by her upper arms and stopped her from undressing him any further. Slowly he led her back towards the bed.

Buffy knees hit the edge of the bed and she sat down on it. She looked up at Spike. Not taking her eyes off him she started to scoot back.

Spike grabbed her by the ankles and pulled, causing her to fall flat on her back with her legs in the air.

"Foreplay now," he told her, yanking her pajama bottoms off. "Fuck later."

Spike got down on his knees. He placed each of her legs on his shoulders. He glided his hands up her thighs to her waist. He gripped her panties and tore them off.

Before Buffy could protest about his ruining another pair of underwear she felt his tongue on her clit. She bucked against his mouth when his tongue invaded her folds.

Spike continued to lick along the inside of each lip. Gripping her ass he lifted her hips so he could have better access to her. He thrust his tongue inside her warmth.

"Oh, god," Buffy moaned, clutching the comforter in her hands.

Spike lifted his head and watched Buffy.

"So wet," he commented trailing his tongue lightly over the outside of her cunt. "Wet, for me."

"Don't stop," he heard Buffy beg softly.

Spike crawled onto the bed until he was hovering over her.

"Look at me," he demanded moving his left hand down her side.

Buffy opened her eyes and looked at him. She shuddered as she felt his hand making its way down her thighs towards her center. She had to strain to keep her eyes open when she felt his fingers graze her curls.

"You like that?" Spike asked inserting one finger into her.

"Yes," she replied, her voice trembling.

Spike leaned down so his face was next to hers. "Do you want more?"

Buffy didn't answer vocally. Instead she placed her hands on his already undone jeans and pushed them down forcefully. She felt his hard cock hit her stomach as it sprung free. When her hands couldn't do anymore she started to use her feet. All the while Spike continued to finger and fondle her.

He watched her withering beneath him, succumbing to his touch. She was so vulnerable in that moment. He could easily sink his fangs into her and drain her dry. Take her head in his hands and snap her neck.

"Spike."

Buffy's moan brought Spike away from his thoughts.

"Now....inside...now," she begged, her voice dripping with need.

Spike stood and removed his jeans. Buffy managed to lift her head to look at him. The light shining in the window illuminated his pale skin. Her eyes moved lower and landed on his manhood and she gulped. There it lay nestled in a patch of dark curls. Slightly curving out and up, the tip of it reaching his bellybutton. She saw it twitch and lifted her eyes to Spike's face. She smiled when she saw the agony he was in on his face. Slowly she spread her legs, silently coaxing him to join her.

It took everything in Spike not to come while her eyes had studied him. He didn't know how long he had stood there allowing her to do it, but right now he didn't care. Soon he was going to be inside her again, feeling her.

He once again hovered over her. He placed his hands flat on the bed on either side of her.

"Touch it," he half ordered, half begged.

Without hesitatin Buffy took his shaft in her hand. She began stroking him from base to head.

Spike shut his eyes and swallowed. How could the slayer be so skilled when the only person she'd been with beside him was Angel? The way her hand stroked him with just the right amount of pressure. The way she squeezed him near his base then continued up his length to the head and ran her thumb over the slit.

"Buffy....bloody hell," he moaned almost losing all muscle strength and collapsing on top of her.

Buffy smiled proudly. "You like?" she asked, increasing the thrust of her stroke and cupping his balls in her other hand.

"Mmm....soddin....yes."

Buffy wrapped her legs around him and began to push him down, guiding him to her entrance.

Spike growled when the tip of his cock poked into her tight channel. Coming down from his moment of ecstasy he started to push all the way into her.

Buffy braced herself by holding him by the shoulders. Her body began to slid across the bed with each hard thrust Spike made. Pretty soon her head was hanging off the side.

Spike lifted up so he was kneeling on his knees. He held her by her hips and continued to slam into her. He felt her inner walls constrict and almost lost it. Her warmth and tightness was becoming too much for him. He would never admit it out loud, but he'd never experienced anyone like Buffy before.

Buffy's breathing started to pick up as her first orgasm started. Spike's pelvis constantly hitting her clit sent wave after wave of pleasure through her. Feeling close to the edge she bit her lower lip to silence her scream. Her whole body arched as she came.

Spike felt her body convulse as her orgasm raked through her. Near the end himself, he tilted her hips a little and sped up. He felt his balls tighten then came, squirting dead semen into her. He slumped forward, his head hanging down between his shoulders.

Still inside her he pulled her so her body wasn't hanging over the edge.

Buffy looked at him through hooded eyes and licked her dry lips.

Spike lowered himself until his face was inches from hers. Buffy closed her eyes and waited for what was to come. She wanted his cool lips to touch hers, his tongue to dance with hers again.

Their lips touched briefly, then they pulled apart. Again they touched but this time deeper, longer. Buffy opened her mouth and Spike invaded it with his tongue.

They didn't break the kiss again, not even when Spike hardened and started moving in and out of her once more.

TBC................More NC-17 next chapter!
This is Where it Falls Apart by Annastasia
Sarah(vampgrl) thanks so much for your beta...I was laughing my ass off when you sent me the wrong one. I seriously thought I had sent you the wrong one....I am crazy! We just cant seem to perfect our email sending! LOL!

Chapter 17: "This is where it Falls Apart"

"Unh," Buffy moaned under Spike.

It was hours later and they were still going at it. The longest break they had was when she had to use the bathroom and Spike decided to have a quick smoke.

"Buffy," Spike whispered, resting his head against her chest.

Buffy reached behind her and gripped the bars of her headboard. She prayed her mother was a heavy sleeper.

She gasped when she felt Spike's tongue flick her nipple. He then took it into his mouth and started to suck. He bit it with his teeth and Buffy gave a soft whimper .

Buffy's heart raced and she became dizzy. A chilling sensation overcame her and she exploded.

Spike increased his momentum when her quivering muscles clamped down on his cock. He vamped and sank his teeth into the delicate skin just above her breast. Her rich coppery blood filled his mouth and then everything went black.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Spike jolted awake and flinched when the light hit his eyes. He glanced around and saw nothing but miles of green grass. Something was against his back, so he turned to see what it was. He was leaning against a Willow tree. He looked down and noticed he was sitting on a blanket spread over the grass.

"Where am I?"

"You're awake."

Spike lifted his head and saw Buffy walking towards him. She was barefoot and wearing a yellow sundress.

"Buffy?"

"I was beginning to think you'd sleep the rest of the day away," she joked, taking a seat next to him.

She snuggled close to him and lifted his arm and placed it around her. She nestled her head on his chest.

Spike was shocked that she was acting so comfortable around him...so loving. He also wondered where the hell they were. Not two minutes ago he was pounding her into the mattress.

"Pet, where are we?" he asked, looking around them. "Weren't we in bed a minute ago?"

Buffy sat up and smiled down at him. "That must've been some dream you were having," she commented, leaning down to kiss him on the lips. "You'll have to tell me about it later, so we can make it come true."

"Mommy! Daddy!"

Spike watched as Buffy stood and ran. She ran to a child and stopped in front of it. She knelt down to the child's level and the little being handed her something. Buffy proceeded to put it in her hair. She then took the child into her arms and lifted it off the ground. They both started towards Spike.

As they got closer Spike noticed a daisy in Buffy's hair and one clutched in the child's tiny fist.

The child in her arms whispered something to her. Buffy smiled brightly and looked at Spike. Nodding her head she set the child on its feet.
The child ran the rest of the way to Spike.

"Daddy!" it cried, throwing itself against him.

Spike's muscles tensed. Why was this child calling him daddy?

He pushed the child away and stared at it. Big, blue innocent eyes stared back at him. They were full of confusion, not the love he'd seen seconds before it was in his arms.

"Spike?" he heard Buffy's voice which tore him away from his assessment of the child.

"What's wrong with you? You're acting strange."

Spike moved his eyes from Buffy to the child. This must be a dream. No, it couldn't be one. Why would he dream of this?

"Spike?"

Spike blinked several times before focusing on Buffy. He forced a smile. "Nothing's wrong."

"Swing Daddy," the child said, running from under the tree into the sunlight.

The child was a distance away before turning back to Spike.

"Swing Daddy!" it cried out.

"Spike you promised you'd push your child on the swing."

Spike saw a small hand appear in front of his face. He took it and stood. The child started to pull him out from under the shade of the tree. He jerked his arm back.

"I can't," he mumbled.

"Daddy?"

"Spike?"

"Buffy the sun....I can't."

Buffy smiled and walked over to the child.

"I think daddy wants to race," she told the child.

The child giggled.

Buffy and the child darted off together, hand in hand.

"Come on Spike!" He heard Buffy yell once she was out of sight.

"Spike!.....Spike!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Spike?"

Spike opened his eyes.

"Spike?"

He looked up at the slayer. Her mouth was parted, short gasps of breath were escaping through it. Her hair was matted to her face.

"Why did you stop?"

"What?" Spike asked, still out of it.

"You stopped," she told him.

Spike felt warmth surrounding his shaft. It was then that he realized what she was talking about.

"Oh," he uttered pulling out of her and lifting himself up. "I have to go."

Buffy pulled the sheet to her chest. "What?" she asked, her eyes on him as he got up and started to dress.

"I have to go," he repeated, silently jerking his jeans over his hips. He grabbed his shirt off the floor and tugged it on.

Buffy's mouth fell open. Her mind was trying to process what had happened.

"Spike, wait...."

Spike didn't hear her because he was already gone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Spike stalked into the bar and took a seat.

"Willy!" he shouted slapping his hand on the bar counter.

Willy's head shot up from behind the bar. He noticed who it was and frowned.

"Spike," he called, coming over to the demon. "Didn't think I'd ever see you again."

Spike scoffed. "Well, I was hoping to never see your face again, either."

"What can I do you for Spike?"

Spike pulled out a few crumbled up bills and threw them at him.

"Give me a shot of the good stuff."

Willy placed a glass in front of Spike then poured fresh human blood into it.

Spike downed the liquid as fast as it was put in front of him.

"I have to say Spike," Willy started to speak, leaning on one elbow. "You're pretty brave coming here."

Spike tapped the glass indicating he wanted another. Willy poured some more. Spike gulped it down.

"What do you mean?"

"You know," Willy began, leaning closer. "You knocking up the Slayer and all."

Less than a second Spike had Willy by the collar and hoisted him halfway over the bar.

"Where did you hear that?" Spike hissed, shifting into game face.

"Whoa...hey...hey," Willy stuttered raising his hands. "Calm down Spike."

"Who told you?"

"Spike, don't worry. I won't tell anyone, remember I'm on your side....buddy."

"Don't call me that! And that's not the answer I'm looking for."

"I don't remember."

Spike lifted Willy higher and flashed his fangs.

"Okay, okay, okay. One night a demon came in rambling on and on that he had a secret. I gave him a few drinks to loosen his lips and he spilled. Said he overheard the Slayer talking to someone about it."

"Who was it?"

"I don't remember. Come on, I mean I have tons of demons coming in and out all day. I can't remember them all."

Spike released him.

"Give me a shot of tequila," he ordered. "And stay out of my sight."

"Will do Spikey, my boy," Willy said, quickly pouring the liquor. "Will do."

Spike watched Willy stroll away and sneered at him.

"Bloody wanker," he mumbled before drinking his tequila.

Spike saw a man take the stool next to him out of the corner of his eye.

"Double scotch," he heard the man order.

The man took a sip of his drink. "Had a nice roll?" he asked aloud, setting his glass down.

Spike looked over at him. "You talkin' to me?"

The man smiled. "Yes, you smell like you just got laid."

Spike sighed deeply. "Not that its any business of yours, but yeah I did."

"Human, too."

"What?"

This time the man turned his head to Spike. "She was human."

Spike narrowed his eyes at him.

"I can smell her blood in you. You feed from her," he informed Spike, sensing his confusion. "Did you kill her?"

"No."

"That good, huh?"

"I don't know who you are, but you better stop smel..."

"Name's Ramone," the man greeted offering his hand to Spike.

Spike never removed his eyes off him and didn't shake his hand.

Ramone pulled his hand back and took another sip of his drink.

"Just arrived in Sunnydale two days ago," he said. "Nice place, except for all the demons."

"Aren't you one?"

"I guess you can say I am."

"Why do you hate demons then?"

"Never said I hated them. I just don't like them. I think they're all brain-dead morons with the maturity of a five year old," he explained then added. "With the exception of a few."

"You do realize you're in a demon bar?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Willy was busy talking to some regular demons when he noticed a girl he'd never seen before come in.

The girl searched the room as if trying to find someone or something.

"Can I help you?" Willy asked

The girl slowly moved closer to the bar, still glancing around as she did so.

"What's a girl like you doing in a place like this?"

The girl rolled her eyes. "Oh, that's original," she insulted, placing her hands on the bar. "I'm looking for someone. Heard he was here in Sunnydale."

"Is he a demon?"

"A vampire."

Willy grinned. "Then you've come to the right place."

"I know. I was told he might hang out here sometimes."

"Well, why don't you describe him to me. I might be able to help you out."

"If you saw him you'd never forget him. He has bleached hair, wears a leather duster, goes by the name Spike."

Willy stared at her. "Um, Spike you said?"

"Yes, is he here?"

Willy pointed to his left.

The girl leaned back and looked down the length of the bar.

"Thank you," she said when she spotted him.

Willy frowned after the girl was gone.

"How does he do it?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So this Bronze, that's where all the humans hang out?"

"Yep, most of them anyway. All the fresh blooded humans...good for killing, eating....or shagging."

"Not really into killing them."

Spike arched his brows and grinned. "You more of a shaggin guy?"

"Spike?"

Spike looked over his shoulder to see who'd said his name. When he saw who it was he turned all they way on his stool.

"Vanessa?"

TBC............
Woke Up This Morning by Annastasia
Chapter 18: "Woke up this Morning"

"I just can't understand this," Joyce said while pouring herself a new cup of coffee. "You're so young. You're only eighteen. How could this happen?"

Joyce waited for a response from her daughter but Buffy was in another world. She had stayed awake most of the night waiting for Spike to come back. It was now morning and he still hadn't returned.

"I'm sorry Mom, what?"

Joyce sighed heavily and sat down at the table across from Buffy.

"Buffy, I would really like to know how this happened. I mean, you sleeping with Spike, then..."

"I'm not sleeping with him."

Joyce nodded her head. "I just wish you had told me sooner. I'm your mother and I hate it when you hide stuff from me."

"Mom, I was confused," she tried to explain. "And I'm scared."

"What...?"

Their conversation was interrupted by the sound of the doorbell.

"I'll get it," Joyce spoke, getting up from her chair.

Joyce brushed Buffy's shoulder comfortingly as she left the kitchen to
answer the front door. The doorbell rang again as she grasped the knob
and swung the door open to find Xander, Willow, and Giles on the other side.

"Giles, Willow, Xander. What brings you here so early?"

"May we come in, Joyce?" Giles asked, gesturing with his hand.

Joyce held her head in her hand. "Where are my manners?" she mumbled lightly. "Yes, come in."
She stepped aside and opened the door wider.

"Is Buffy here?" Giles asked as he crossed the threshold.

"Oh, yes. Buffy!"

Buffy came into the room seconds later.

"Who is it.....oh, hi guys."

"Buffy, where's Spike?"

Buffy looked down at the ground.

"He's not here."

Giles smiled. "Good. What I have to tell you I don't want him to hear."

Giles and the others started into the den. Joyce gave Buffy a questioning look. Buffy shrugged her shoulders.

"What do you mean 'you don't want him to hear'?" she asked as she moved into the den.

Giles opened a book he had brought with him and started to flip through it.

"Last night I came across something that might relate to your current situation."

"What did you find?"

"A passage," he answered, still flipping through pages. "Ah, here it is."

He cleared his throat and began to read aloud to everyone in the room.

"A child born to the moon and sun. All doors once opened will close as one."

"The sun represents you Buffy and of course the moon represents Spike," Willow explained from her seat on the couch.

"What about the doors?"

Giles shut the book and removed his glasses. "This passage seems to indicate the start of something. We still don't know what it fully means or why Spike is involved."

"When will we find out more?"

"Angel's friend from LA is supposed to arrive soon with some scrolls. Angel told me they contain information that may be useful to us."

"And if they don't?"

"Then we'll keep looking."

"So," Xander spoke up, clapping his hands together. "I'm sure this calls for a special Scooby meeting. What time should we meet tonight?"

"I think Buffy deserves some rest. The rest of you can enjoy yourselves tonight. I'll look over the scrolls myself before we meet again."

"Then the Bronze it is," Xander declared.

Buffy's face lit up. "I think I'll take a rain check on that resting and go with you guys."

"Buffy are you sure? Maybe you should stay home tonight," her mother suggested.

"I'm sure," she told her Mom. "Besides it will give me a chance to wear the outfit I just bought before I get too fat to wear it."

Willow smiled. "Yea, fun night."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Joyce was in the kitchen when she heard the door open.

"Spike," she greeted when she saw him walk in. "Where have you been?"

Spike ran a hand through his hair. "Uh, out."

Joyce smiled softly then turned to the sink. "I was just about to make myself some hot chocolate. Would you like some?"

"You have those little marshmallows?"

Joyce glanced over her should at him and nodded.

A slow grin spread across his face. "Count me in."

Joyce filled a pot with milk and set it on the stove. She set the gauge to low then reached over and pulled two mugs out of the cupboard. She placed them on the counter near the stove.

"Where's the Sl....Buffy?"

Joyce walked over to the island Spike was sitting at and leaned against it.

"Out with Willow and Xander."

"Oh," he mumbled.

"So, Spike how have you been?"

Spike spotted a napkin laying near him. He picked it up and started to fiddle with it, using it as a distraction to avoid looking Joyce in the eyes.

"Not so good since I found out what I did to your daughter."

Joyce furrowed her brows. "Spike, you didn't know."

"Yeah, I didn't. Not supposed to be able to do that...you know vamp and all," he said, starting to tear at the napkin.

Joyce reached out and plucked the napkin from his grasp. Spike looked up at her.

"I don't want to be a dad, Joyce. I don't want this baby."

Joyce exhaled slowly. "I'm not the one you should be telling this to," she informed him. "But, I'm going to tell you something about when I became pregnant with Buffy. Maybe it will help you a little."

She realized then that she still had the napkin in her hand. She put it aside.

"Buffy wasn't planned."

Spike's eyes widened at her confession.

"Hank and I were just starting out. We were so young," she told him, her eyes becoming distant as she recalled the memories. "Not as young as you and...." she paused when she remembered what Spike was. "Not as young as Buffy. It was hard at first, dealing with the unexpected news. But, eventually the love we shared, Hank and I, helped us through it all. And, when Buffy was born, I took one look at her and knew she was a blessing."

Spike nodded his head, understanding where she was coming from. He didn't want to say what he was about to, but it had to be told.

"I don't love Buffy."

Joyce sighed. "Give it time Spike. It will all work out in the end," she told him. "Maybe you won't ever love my daughter, but you both have a child coming and that child will need you both."

Spike looked at Joyce and again nodded his head.

There was a moment of silence and understanding between the two of them before Joyce remembered the hot chocolate.

"I changed my mind about the cocoa. I think I'm going to head up to bed. Do you still want a cup?" she asked, heading over to the stove.

"Sure, I'm going to wait for Buffy to come home," he said while watching her pour milk into one of the mugs.

Joyce finished and placed the cup in front of him.

"Thanks," he said, referring to more than just the hot chocolate.

Joyce smiled. "You're welcome."


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Spike was just about finished with his cocoa when he heard the front door open. He set the mug down on the island and hopped off the stool. He could hear Buffy talking to someone as he made his way into the foyer.

"Tell Xander not to worry." He heard her tell someone just as he came into the foyer. "Spike won't be a problem much longer."

He heard the other person mumble something which caused Buffy to laugh. She then waved good-bye and shut the door.

Buffy turned and was startled as she saw Spike standing in the doorway.

Spike watched as she slowed her breathing then finally faced him with an icy glare.

"You have a bad habit of sneaking up on people," she seethed.

"What do you mean by, 'Spike won't be a problem'?" he asked, coming further into the foyer.

"Well," she began, "maybe if you hadn't of walked out last night you would've been here this morning when Giles came over."

Spike smirked. "What's the matter, luv? Frustrated cause we didn't finish?"

Buffy realized what she'd said and how it had sounded. "That's not what I meant..." She stumbled over her words, trying to hide the fact that it had upset her. "No."

Spike raked his eyes over her. He took in the outfit she was wearing and his lip curled in disgust. The whorishly tight leather pants she wore clung to her like a second skin. The top dipped low and was only held on by a strap around her neck and two strings that tied in the back.

"Where did you go tonight?" he asked, his eyes still roaming over her body.

"Out," she choked. Immediately she berated herself for sounding so weak. But how could she not? The way he seemed to be undressing her with his eyes made her pulse race.

"Out," Spike repeated, letting the word roll over his tongue. He moved closer. He lifted his eyes to hers.

Buffy rolled her eyes. "God, Spike, give me a break," she huffed then started to move around him.

Spike slapped his hands flat against the door on either side of her. Trapping her.

"Did you get what you wanted?" he growled, his eyes boring into hers.

Buffy opened her mouth to say something.

"Did you find some soddin wanker to screw you?"

Buffy blinked several times. Where the hell did he get that idea? That's when it dawned on her, he was jealous. She smiled.

"They were all over me like bees to honey," she told him. "Tons of them just itching to rip my clothes off."

Her smile widened and she leaned forward until her mouth was next to his ear.

"One said he wanted to fuck me so hard my head would explode."

She pulled back expecting to see anger in his eyes and all over his face. She was shocked when that wasn't what she saw at all. Instead his eyes shone in amusement and a cocky smile was plastered on his face.

"Slayer," he purred. "What would your friends think if they knew what you were doing. The slayer willingly giving her body to anyone and all for a brief screw."

"Bastard."

"Uh, uh." He chastised shaking his head from side to side. "None of that Slayer."

Buffy reached up to slap him, but Spike caught her wrist in his hand and forced her arm down to her side.

"Now," he said trailing his hand up her arm then back down. "I hope you told them 'no'. Cause ol' Spike 'ere doesn't like to share," he told her, pulling her body flush against his. "At least not until he's done with it."

TBC..................Spuffiness to come!
The Weakness in Me by Annastasia
Chapter 19: "The Weakness in Me"

Rated: NC-17

This has been beta'd by Sarah(vampgrl). Thanks Sarah!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Buffy's breath caught in her throat as Spike lifted her up and slammed her against the door. He placed her legs around him. With one hand placed under her ass, he hoisted her higher. He used his other hand to untie the strings of her shirt and ripped it off her. He lowered his head and took one, now exposed, hard nipple into his mouth.

Buffy gasped. Her hands ran up and down the door, searching for something to grab hold of.

"Please, please, please..." she mumbled over and over.

Spike jerked his head away. He placed his free hand where his mouth had been, and roughly massaged her breast.

"That's it Slayer. Beg for me."

Buffy's mouth opened and closed. Her eyes were shut and her whole body was on fire, her mind trying to formulate coherent words.

"Spike......my Mom," she finally managed to speak.

"Bloody hell," Spike groaned, recalling that Joyce had gone up to bed not too long ago, which meant she probably wasn't fully asleep.

Spike pulled away from the door and took her into the den. He led her over to the couch and threw her down on it.

"No, not here," Buffy protested, starting to move off the couch.

Spike pushed her down and sat astride her.

"Too bad," he said while unfastening her pants.

Buffy pushed him back and sat up. "I said not here."

Spike grabbed hold of her arms and shoved her flat on her back. He laid on top of her.

"And I said too bad," he snarled. "Your mum won't hear us."

"Now," Spike said, sitting up and going back to undoing her pants. "Stop denying us what we both want."

"I don't want this," Buffy hissed.

"But you need it," Spike stated, yanking the leather pants off her.

Buffy sat up. She glanced at him, her breathing coming in short gasps.

"I need it."

Her hands wound around his neck and she pulled him to her.

"Buffy," Spike moaned before their lips connected.

Buffy pulled him with her as she laid down. The kiss began gentle then turned into a dueling match between their tongues.

Spike flinched from the tightness in his jeans. His cock was throbbing and practically begging for release. His hands moved between their bodies down to his zipper. He slid it down slowly then pulled himself free.

Buffy wrapped her legs around him and ground her pelvis into his erection.

Spike grunted harshly. He tugged the material covering her cunt aside and pushed inside of her.

Buffy broke the kiss and arched her back. Her face contorted in pain as she adjusted to him. The pain increased as he started to move.

Spike reared back then thrust forward, hitting the sensitive spot inside her with the head of his shaft. He felt her muscles convulse and knew he hit gold. He pulled out and did it again, harder this time.

Buffy's fingers gripped the leather on his shoulders. She became frustrated as she felt his still fully clothed body. She wanted to feel his skin against hers. She pulled at his duster.

Spike stilled his movements. He quickly shed his duster and pulled his black shirt over his head, tossing both items carelessly to the floor. He braced his body over her and proceeded to fuck her.

Each thrust became urgent and faster. He wanted to give her her release as well as find his own.

Buffy winced each time his pelvis hit her clit.

Spike noticed her holding back. Once again denying herself of something she needed and wanted. He touched her cheek and she looked at him.

"Scream Slayer," he ground out between forceful thrusts.

Buffy shut her eyes.

Spike could hear her breathing pick up. Her pulse racing. He stretched out on top of her and placed his mouth close to her ear. He looked at her, studied her features. The tautness of her jaw. Her muscles twitching as he continued to pound into her.

"Tell me," he panted. "Who's fucking you."

A whimper escaped Buffy's lips.

Spike dug his nails into her thighs. He held them against his hips.

"Tell. Me," he growled, "Who's fucking you so hard....your whole.....body is gonna explode."

"You," she answered softly.

Spike licked her ear then took the lobe in his mouth and sucked on it.

"You," she repeated a little louder.

Spike's pace picked up. He buried his face in her neck. Panting into her hair, and pushing himself deeper.

Buffy threaded her fingers into the hair at his nape, holding him to her. She tilted her head back, exposing her neck.

Spike knew what she wanted. His face vamped and he sunk his fangs into her. He felt her body jerk, but ignored it. Instead he relished the fact that she willingly gave him her blood. He drank greedily, taking as much as he could before her muscles clamped around his cock.

"Spike!" Buffy screamed.

Hearing her yell his name made him cum, his cock spurting cold semen inside her.

"Spike, Spike...." she chanted, coming down from her brief moment of ecstasy. Spike retracted his fangs and licked the wound.

"That's right, Slayer," he whispered to her. "Me."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Spike, Mummy has something for you."

Spike looked up when he heard Dru. He was standing in front of a closed door with
Dru beside him. He looked over at her.

"Dru," he moaned, brushing the back of his hand across her cheek. "Why won't you come back to me?"

Dru closed her eyes and placed her hand over his.

"I'm lost without you. Something is happening to me," he told her, leaning over and placing his forehead against hers. "These things I'm feeling for......they're destroying me."

Dru pulled away and placed a finger over her lips.

"Hush. I have just the thing to make you all better."

She opened the door. Spike looked up and inside the room. It was empty save for the huge bed in the middle draped in sheer fabric.

Dru took his hand and led him inside.

Spike caught a whiff of something familiar and stopped her from taking him any further.

Dru smiled. She let go of his hand and continued into the room, stopping by the huge bed.

"You smell it," she said, running her hand over the fabric hiding the bed. "The blood, the strength, the weakness."

She started to walk around the bed, still gliding her hand lightly over the fabric.

Spike nodded his head. He smelled all of it.

Dru laughed. "Don't you love it?" she asked, coming back around the bed to the spot where she had started. This time she held the fabric in her grip and dragged it with her. The fabric pulled away and Spike froze at what he saw.

Buffy, lying on the bed, naked and chained by her wrists to the headboard.

He watched Dru climb onto it and lay down next to Buffy. Dru ran her hand up and down Buffy's arm.

"She's been bad," Dru whispered, her eyes raking over Buffy's nude form.

"Stole me daddy and now...." she looked up at Spike, "my Spike."

Spike swallowed hard. "Is she dead?"

Dru pouted. She returned her gaze to Buffy and shook her head slowly.

"No, but she will be."

Spike took one step then paused. The scent blew by him again. He groaned when he realized what it was.

"When I found her you had just left," Dru explained, knowing exactly what he smelled. "Drowning in her desire for you. Her weakness....you."

"Me?"

"She craves you. You can smell it."

Her arousal, that was what he smelled, mixed with her blood.

"Her blood....."

Dru giggled like a little child. "I've been naughty too. I had a little taste."

Spike moved closer. He stopped at the edge of the bed. Dru reached out and pulled him down beside her.

"Touch her," Dru instructed, guiding his hand over to Buffy.

Spike placed his hand over her chest. Buffy's body lifted off the bed. Her skin touched his hand.

"See," Dru said. "She senses you."

"How?"

"But you don't sense her."

Spike shook his head.

"The baby stopped crying."

Spike pulled his eyes away from Buffy and looked at Dru, his face a mask of confusion.

"I want to hear the baby, Spike. Kill her," she told him, nodding to Buffy. "Kill her and I can hear the baby again. Touch the baby."

Spike jumped off the bed. "Dru, stop speaking in riddles and tell me what the bleeding hell you're talking about."

Dru slid off the bed. "Kill her. Kill her and the feelings will be gone. You'll be with me again."

She vamped and went over to him. "You can do it. You want to do it."

Spike's face shifted to his demon.

"All for you, luv," he whispered before jumping on top of Buffy and sinking his fangs into her.

The second her blood hit his mouth he heard crying in the distance.

"The baby." He heard Dru cry.

Spike ignored her. He continued to drink, letting the rich substance pool in his mouth before allowing it to flow down his throat. He savored every gulp.

"Spike." He heard the figure pinned beneath him moan. He halted his drinking when he felt Buffy wrap her legs around his waist and grind into him.

His cock hardened. He jerked his fangs free. He lifted his body and looked at her. She was still, just laying there with her eyes closed. He also found that her legs were no longer wrapped around him.

Spike shook his head, trying to figure out what had just happened. He was all set on draining his third slayer and then he couldn't do it. Something deep stopped him from doing it.

"I can't," he whispered, staring down at Buffy. "I can't do it."

TBC...................................(more spuffiness)
Forgetting by Annastasia
Chapter 20: "Forgetting"

Rated: NC-17


~~~~~~~~~~~~

Buffy awoke to the sound of a loud, irritating noise. She rolled over onto her side and slammed her hand down on the alarm. The noise stopped and she rolled onto her back and sighed. She heard someone groan beside her. She glanced over and saw Spike asleep on his stomach, the sheet covering him up to his waist, his head on the edge of the pillow, his arm tucked underneath it while the other hung off the side of the bed.

Buffy reached over and shook him roughly.

"Spike, get up."

He groaned again. He lifted his head and turned it to see Buffy glaring at him.

"Wake me up for another go, pet?" he asked, turning over slowly.

Buffy curled her lip. "A whole lotta 'no' to that question."

Spike slinked closer to her. He moved his hand down under the blanket.

"Come on, pet," he urged. "Start the day off right with a bit o' shaggin."

"Did you not hear me when I said no the first time?" she asked.

Spike only continued his hand's descent.

Buffy sighed when she realized he wasn't going to give up anytime soon.

"I have to be somewhere."

Spike moved over her, pinning her down to the mattress.

"At least let me have a little breakfast before you go."

Buffy shook her head and covered the wound on her neck from last night with her hand.

"I am not letting you bite me again. I don't know why I let you in ...."

"That's not what I had in mind," he interrupted, inching down her body.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Joyce passed by Buffy's room and heard a moan. She placed her ear flat against the door, waiting for another sound. A knock at the front door stopped her before she could listen for any more noise.

Reluctantly she stepped away from the door and made her way down the steps to see who was visiting.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Spike licked Buffy's quivering cunt one last time, lapping up her sweet juices before crawling up the length of her body.

"Nummy," he commented. "Enjoy that?"

Buffy licked her chapped lips. She looked at Spike through hooded eyes and nodded her head.

"Yeah," she breathed.

"Now comes the fun part," he said before sliding himself inside her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Buffy has a doctor's appointment today?" Joyce asked, closing the door behind Willow and Oz.

Willow looked up the stairs then turned to Joyce.

"Yep, Oz and I are taking her."

"I thought she just had one."

"Oh, well this is just an information appointment. They just want to give her the results of some tests they ran and give her her prenatal vitamins."

"Well, let me go wake Buffy. I don't know why she isn't up yet."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Buffy barely heard the knock on her door over Spike's grunting. It wasn't until she heard her mother's voice that she became aware someone was on the other side.

"Spike," Buffy panted, pushing at his shoulders.

"Ignore it. They'll go away," Spike said, still pumping in and out of her.

Buffy shoved him off her. She rose from the bed and frantically searched for something to cover herself with. She found her robe and put it on.

"Uh, Slayer?" she heard Spike say just as she reached for the knob.

Buffy looked over her shoulder. Spike was sprawled on the bed, the covers bunched at his feet revealing his nude form.

"You gonna leave me like this?" he asked moving his eyes down.

Buffy followed his gaze. Her eyes caught sight of his throbbing erection jutting out from his body.

"You did it to me the other night," she replied coldly.

Buffy turned the knob and opened the door a little. She squeezed out into the hallway, careful to not let her Mom see Spike.

"Mom, what's up?"

Joyce eyed her daughter suspiciously. "Are you okay? Are you sick? You look a little flushed."

Buffy cupped her face in her hands. "What?....No, I'm fine."

"Okay," Joyce said softly, still staring at Buffy with concern. "Willow is downstairs. She's here to take you to the doctor's."

Buffy groaned. "I completely forgot about that. Um, tell her I'll be right down."

Buffy smiled weakly at her mother before squeezing through the door back into her room.

"Shit, shit, shit," Buffy cursed, moving around the room hurriedly.

"What's the hurry, luv?" Spike asked, watching her shove her arms into a shirt.

"Willow's downstairs."

"And?"

"And, I have a doctor's appointment to go to."

Spike sat up. "The baby?"

Buffy spotted her sweats and quickly put them on.

"Yes."

"Shouldn't I go? I am the father after all."

Buffy found her shoes and slipped them on. "You can't, it's the middle of the day."

Spike fell back against the pillows, defeated. "Next time make it at night," he suggested.

Buffy ignored him. She fluffed her hair and looked herself over in the mirror. Satisfied with what she'd managed in a few minutes, she left without saying a word to Spike.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Buffy was waiting, impatiently, in Dr. Morris's office. The nurse had brought her in and told her that Dr. Morris was busy with another patient and that she was supposed to wait here. For twenty minutes Buffy had sat in the chair in front of Dr. Morris's desk, her eyes surveying the room and its contents. On the desk there were picture frames of Dr. Morris and what Buffy presumed was her family. Two children dressed in a gypsy outfit and a pirate's outfit were the focal point of one picture. Buffy picked it up and brought it closer to her. She studied the children's faces, the bright smiles they wore, the contentment in their eyes. How she envied them.

Buffy sighed and replaced the frame back on the desk in its previous spot. She went back to looking around the room and reading various posters on pregnancy and one on "101 Ways to Praise a Child". She nearly jumped out of her seat when she heard the door click open.

"Buffy," Dr. Morris greeted without lifting her head up from the file she was reading. "How are you feeling today?"

Buffy watched Dr. Morris walk behind her desk and sit down in her huge leather executive looking chair. The doctor finally looked up at Buffy, waiting for an answer.

"Exhausted."

Dr. Morris smiled. "That's to be expected."

Buffy leaned forward a little, trying to peek at the file Dr. Morris had open on her desk.

"So, how does everything look?"

"Fine."

Buffy exhaled in relief.

"But," Dr. Morris went on, flipping through the papers of Buffy's file.

"But what?"

"Your iron level is pretty low."

"Is that a bad thing?"

Dr. Morris eyed Buffy. She noted the concerned look on her face and the fear that was evident in her eyes.

"Nothing that pills won't fix."

Buffy exhaled again. These doctor visits were turning out to be more stressful than the
slaying part of her life.

Dr. Morris picked up a pen and started to fill out a prescription for Buffy to get filled. When she finished she placed the pen aside and folded her hands together and rested them on top of the desk.

"Before you leave there is one thing I would like to discuss with you."

"Okay."

"I want to meet the father."

Buffy's mouth fell open. She had been expecting something surprising, but this...this statement made her heart stop.

"You what?" Buffy choked out after some of the shock drained from her system.

"The father. You said you knew who the father was, so I would like to meet him."

"Um.....he and I......me and him....we don't really......"

"He doesn't have to come with you. Can you just give me his name or phone number? I want to meet him. See what he's like." Dr. Morris explained. "The way I work is I like to know everything about my patients and their baby."

"I can tell you everything you need to know. Believe me."

"Buffy, if you don't want me to talk to him it's all right. I just thought I would run it by you and see what you thought. It's really not that important. I just wanted to talk to him, ask him how he feels about the baby. And maybe answer some questions he has. Father's are as much a part of the pregnancy as the mother is."

Buffy huffed. "Yeah, but with the added bonus of no pain."

"With the way your hormones are going to change, believe me, the man does go through pain.....for at least a couple months."

Buffy smiled weakly then glanced down at the prescription note in her hand. She was shocked at the amount of pills Dr. Morris had prescribed.

"All this for the baby?"

"Some for you as well."

Buffy folded the paper and placed it neatly in her pocket. "Is that all?" she asked, glancing back up at Dr. Morris.

"Yes, you can set up your next appointment on the way out."

"Thank you."

Buffy stood and turned towards the door. She was halfway to it when Dr. Morris spoke.

"I hope you change your mind about the father. I would really like to meet him."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For two hours Spike remained in Buffy's bed. He laid awake finishing the job Buffy had abandoned. Jerking himself off to images of Dru and Buffy flashing through his mind. After that was taken care of he listened to Joyce moving around downstairs, waiting for her to leave. Finally she left and he was able to move around Buffy's room. He got dressed and debated on whether he should go to the basement and wait for Buffy to return or stay in her room. Being the evil vampire that he was he decided on the latter and began his snooping.

The first place he investigated was her dresser drawers. Nothing important in there, just her knickers and other dainty stuff. Before closing it and moving on, he snatched a pair of silk undies and shoved them into his pants pocket. He could use them next time he had to get off, alone. Even though he knew there would never be a next time, they would be for a 'just in case' scenario.

Her desk was the next area for his snooping. Lightly pushing papers aside on top of the desk he found nothing of interest. He pulled open a drawer and found a book shoved way in the back. He plucked it out and read the title.

"What to Expect When You're Expecting," he read aloud.

Intrigued, he sat down in the chair and opened the book to read.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Buffy came home and found Spike still in her room, laying on her bed with his nose buried in a book.

"What are you doing?"

Spike lifted his head. "This is bloody amazing," he said, returning to his reading without answering her question. "Did you know that your breast size will double by the end of your pregnancy.....it wont stay that way, sad to say, but still double. And, did you also know that a birth can take up to 24 hours?"

Buffy went over to him and jerked the book out of his grasp.

"You went through my desk," she cried, her voice laced with disgust.

Spike folded his arms behind his head and laid back on the pillow. "Had to find something to do. You did leave me alone with your mum still prancing about."

Buffy growled low in her throat and threw the book at him. Spike caught it. He opened it and flipped through the pages.

"Hormones," he said, his eyes scanning the pages still. "Book said somethin' about hormones, how they make the woman all moody. I'll have to read some more on that topic, 'cause a hormonal slayer cannot be a good thing."

"These aren't hormones, Spike," Buffy spat. "It's just me being annoyed with you as usual."

Spike stood up from the bed. "You weren't so annoyed with me last night....or this morning."

Buffy rolled her eyes. "Last night I must have been out of my mind."

Spike smiled at her excuse. "Out of your mind with ecstasy."

He moved closer until he was standing in front of her. He heard Buffy's breathing shift roughly. The smile on his face grew.

"Your mum won't be home for hours," he told her, running his hand over the bottom of her shirt. "You can scream and moan as loud as you want. No worries."

Buffy inhaled sharply when his cool hand ducked under her shirt and touched her skin.

"You don't have to be anywhere," he continued to tick off reasons. "I can't leave....sun's out."

Spike knelt down in front of her as he held her gaze with his own. His fingers hooked inside the waistband of her sweats and pulled them down to her ankles.

Buffy looked away. Her eyes focused on the wall in front of her, her mind trying to think of anything besides the feel of Spike's hands on her thighs, his lips brushing against the material covering her most intimate area.

Spike stood. He lifted his hands and cupped her face. He stroked her cheek with the pad of his thumb. He could feel the strength in her body draining away, watched as her eyes clouded over with desire. Slowly he pulled her towards the bed. He turned her around and gently laid her down on her back. He pulled her panties off and spread her legs wide. His eyes meet hers one last time before he lowered his head.

Buffy tilted her head to the side and closed her eyes. She let herself be pulled away. For once forgetting about her life. Forgetting who and what Spike was and just allowing herself to enjoy what he gave.


TBC.....................

"Reality is wrong. Dreams are for real."
-Tupac Shakur
Who's That Girl? by Annastasia
Chapter 21: "Who's that Girl?" (PG-13)



~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Spike strolled down the sidewalk, a cigarette held in his left hand. After the sun had set and Buffy had left he'd decided to pay someone a visit. He heard giggling coming from up ahead and lifted his head to see who it was.

A group of girls, obviously wasted, were walking, half stumbling, in his direction. As they got closer he moved aside to avoid running into them. Other times he would have gladly remained in their way, but tonight he just wanted to find this place he was going to.

"Hey cutie," he heard a girl slur as the group passed.

"Alison," the girl's other friends gasped before bursting into another fit of laughter.

He faintly caught Alison's remark to her friends that she wouldn't mind screwing him.

"Stupid chit," Spike mumbled, tossing the cigarette butt away before reaching into his pocket.

He pulled out a napkin and unfolded it. The number on it was barely legible from being crammed inside his pocket for so long.

"103," he read aloud.

Spike glanced upwards and noticed that he had finally reached the place his acquaintance was staying at. He passed several rooms before finding the door marked '103' and knocked.

The door swung open and a girl stood there staring at him. She smiled.

"I'm glad you decided to stop by," she said, stepping aside and allowing him to come in."

The dirty motel Spike required no invite and Spike walked into the center of room and looked around slowly. It was a small, simple room, with only a bed and nightstand. Not a telly in sight, he observed.

"Vanessa, what are you doing here?" he asked, not turning around to address her.

"You know why I'm here," she answered casually, her body propped against the door that was now closed.

Spike chuckled softly. "You're right, I do know why you're here. So, I guess the more appropriate question would be how did you find me?"

This time he did turn around to look at her.

Vanessa smiled. "I followed the trail you left," she replied, pushing off the door and walking over to the bed. She sat down casually on the edge and continued. "After living with vampires for a while you tend to pick up on places they hide out, and who to ask questions to."

"I'm not hiding."

Vanessa quirked her brows at his declaration. "You're not hiding from my brother?"

"Not anymore. I have bigger problems than an over-protective brother."

"I would worry if I were you," she suggested. "He's still very upset that you ruined my marriage to Nyzamur."

"I didn't ruin anything. You could've still married that chaos demon."

Vanessa stood and moved to stand in front of him. She shook her head slowly back and forth.

"Nyzamur wanted a virgin wife. After my night with you I wasn't so pure or innocent anymore."

Spike eyed Vanessa coldly. "Does your brother know what happened that night?"

"He knows what he knows."

Spike sighed roughly. "So, he doesn't know that you sought me out, got me drunk and seduced me," Spike said, stressing each proclamation of 'me' with irritation.

"All he cares to know is that you ruined a prosperous merger for him."

"You know you're being here is going to get us both killed."

"If he finds out."

"He won't find out."

Vanessa's eyes lit up and she smiled. The look on her face proved to Spike that she knew something.

"What did you do?"

Vanessa turned away from him and made her way back to the bed. "Let's just say that I covered my tracks better than you did."

Spike ran a hand through his hair then down his face. "I don't know why I came here."

"I do," Vanessa said, lifting her hand to the front of her shirt. "You've been thinking of me like I've been thinking of you," she explained as she started to unbutton her shirt. "Ever since our night together I've been on your mind."

Spike studied her before lowering his eyes. He started to pat his hands around his duster, feeling for his smokes. When he located them he pulled one free and lit it.

"Not really, pet," he told her, flicking his lighter closed with a quick snap of his wrist. "Like I said before, got bigger things on my mind."

Vanessa finished unbuttoning her shirt and was now sliding it off her shoulders. "I can take your mind off these big problems you claim to have."

Spike inhaled deeply from the fag between his lips, holding her gaze with his own. Usually right about now, maybe even before she had the first button undone, he would be slamming into her. Fucking her so hard she'd be a pile of mush by the time he was done. She was a sight to behold. Her auburn hair falling just below her waist. Her green eyes holding the right amount of desire in them, showing that she gave as good as she received. Surprising attribute for a virgin, he thought, to know already the art of seduction with the minimal amount of experience she had.

But, despite all this, he didn't want to. Well, he wanted to, just not right now. Only hours before he had finished shagging the slayer, and somehow it just seemed too soon for another roll in the hay.

Spike took one last drag off his cigarette before putting it out in the ashtray on the nightstand. He noticed out of the corner of his eye as Vanessa pulled off her bra. He lifted his eyes to her.

Who was he kidding? He could go for another roll, especially with Vanessa.

Spike straightened his body and shrugged out of his duster. A low laugh sounded in Vanessa's throat just as Spike pinned her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Buffy, you're here," Xander called, seeing the petite slayer enter the library. "We were starting to wonder if you'd show up or not."

"Sorry guys," she apologized, walking over to Angel, who was leaning against a bookcase. "Something came up."

Something had come up, she wasn't lying. That something had been Spike, in fact he had come up two additional times before she could leave to come to the meeting.

Buffy mentally berated herself, wondering what the hell was wrong with her. She couldn't understand why she was allowing herself to succumb to Spike so effortlessly and so often.

"Something wrong?"

Buffy heard Angel's voice over her thoughts and quickly shut them off. She stopped by his side and glanced up at him, flashing a bright smile.

"Everything's fine," she answered. "Why do you ask?"

"You just seem distracted."

"Nope, no distraction here. Completely distraction free."

"Good, Buffy, you're here."

Angel and Buffy both turned their heads to see Giles coming out of his office with a pile of books in his hands. He made his way to the table Xander, Willow, and Oz were seated at and plopped
them down on it.

"Just in time to help us go through some books," he said, taking his glasses off and looking in her direction.

Buffy's face fell at the sight of all the books scattered across the table.

"Uh.....maybe I should patrol," she mumbled, her eyes still glued to the books. "I'm good with the patrol thing."

"Come on, Buffy," Willow said, taking a book off the top of the pile. "You can read with me."

"Buffy, you can't leave the library," Giles informed her. "Angel's friend is due to arrive any minute and you will need to be here."

Buffy sighed and let her shoulders slump. She dragged herself over to the table and fell into a chair beside Willow.

"All right."

Angel moved away from the bookcase and headed towards the door. "I'm going to go see if I can find my friend," he told them, reaching for the door. "Make sure he's not lost."

No one bothered to look up from the books they were reading.

"Okay?"

Giles finally acknowledged him. "Yes, of course Angel. Go make sure....." his voice trailed off. Obviously the book being more interesting than where Angel was heading.

"I'll be right back."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When Angel was sure he was far enough away from the library he let his fury fly. His fist went sailing into the lockers that lined one side of the hallway. The metal crushed under his violent blow. He turned away from the lockers and started pacing back and forth in the hallway. His demon was on the verge of emerging. It had taken everything in him to control it in the library earlier when Buffy stood next to him. It angered him that she was lying. Lying to him and to her friends about everything.

"So, now do you believe me?"

Angel growled low when he heard the familiar voice of his friend. He stopped his pacing and rested his head against the cool metal of the lockers.

"He's all over her," he said through clenched teeth. "I can smell it."

"That's the way it must be," his friend told him calmly.

"Why? She doesn't love him. He doesn't love her."

"Not yet."

Angel spun away from the lockers and grabbed his friend by the throat, slamming him into the wall opposite the lockers.

"He won't ever love her. I'll kill him before he does."

"Calm down Angelus. I told you it would be this way."

Angel dropped his hand and turned away from his friend.

"Don't call me that."

His friend brushed his hands over his shirt sleeves and straightened his clothes. He stepped away from the wall.

"The way you're acting it only seems appropriate."

"You know why I'm acting this way."

"Yes, I do."

The man waited for Angel to calm himself. He hated seeing his friend this way, fighting against his inner demon. He hated seeing what this was doing to him and knowing that it would only get worse.

TBC.........................
A Few Answers by Annastasia
Chapter 22: "A Few Answers" (PG-13)


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You should really get a room with a telly if you expect me to come by again," Spike said, still frustrated that the room was void of one.

Vanessa sighed and snuggled closer against his bare chest.

"Does that mean there is going to be another time?"

Spike rolled her question around in his head. He could say yes and allow himself the
benefit of a back up if the Slayer ever decided to end their little escapades. Then again
what would the Slayer think if she knew he had another girl on the side. Would she....

'What do I care what she thinks?' he asked himself. 'I don't.'

"Yeah, luv," he finally answered. "But, only if you get a room with a telly."

"Deal," Vanessa agreed, smiling slightly.

She placed one hand on his stomach and lightly ran her fingers over it, tracing small circles around his bellybutton.

"Where did you go after you left the bar the other night?"

Spike rolled his eyes. 'Great. Post-sex conversation.'

"Went crypt hunting. The place I'm at right now doesn't really fit my needs. Too many
windows."

"That's not good. I don't think I want you turning into a pile of dust just yet," Vanessa
joked. "Where are you staying now?"

Spike's mind drifted back to Buffy again. He wondered what she was doing right now, if
she was with Angel. She probably was. The two of them patrolling, making with the
smoochies while staking the baddies of the world.

"Stupid poofter," Spike mumbled, disgusted by the thought of Buffy with Angel.

"What?" Vanessa asked, lifting her head up to look at him.

"Nothing. What was it you asked?"

"Where are you staying right now?"

"No where important, pet," he answered softly. "No where important."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Angel and his friend strolled into the library and found everyone with their noses still
buried in books. Except for Buffy, she was busy rolling a pencil back and forth between
her hands on the table.

"He's here," Angel announced softly. All heads whipped around to him.

Buffy smiled when she saw Angel, glad that he was back. Angel didn't return the smile,
shifting his gaze to Giles instead.

"Here is the man you've been waiting to meet."

Giles put his book down and walked over to the man with quick steps.

"I'm glad you decided to come and help us," Giles said, extending his hand to the man
as he reached him.

The man took his hand and shook it.

"Well, Angel told me about your situation and I knew I could help."

Giles removed his glasses and glanced down at the floor. "How much do you know about our situation?" he asked, lifting his eyes back up to the man.

"Angel told me that Buffy, the Slayer, is with child. He also told me that the father is a
vampire." He paused and quickly let his eyes scan the room and its occupants. "He also told me that you all think it's part of a prophecy and that you're lacking materials.'

"Yes, that's right," Giles agreed, nodding his head. "I can't seem to find any entry in the
Watcher's journals or anything in my books. Although I did come across one short
passage, but I'm not sure if it pertains to Buffy."

"I'm not surprised."

Giles furrowed his brows. "What do you mean?"

"You won't find anything because this isn't a prophecy."

"What?" practically everyone asked all at once.

Buffy stood up from her chair. "You mean this child growing inside of me, this child that
was conceived with a vampire, is not part of a prophecy."

"Yes, that's what I'm saying."

"Then what is it?"

"A gift."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Spike pulled his leather duster on. After sleeping with Vanessa a strange feeling overtook his body. He couldn't explain it, but it was something he had never felt before.

"Will you come see me again?" Vanessa asked from the bed, watching him pull his coat onto his shoulders.

Spike lifted his hands up and straightened the lapels of his duster. "No," he replied bluntly, despite his earlier admittance of there being another time.

He moved to the door and yanked it open, disappearing into the night.

Vanessa stared at the now closed door and smiled to herself.

"Wrong answer, Spike."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"A gift," Buffy repeated.

"Yes, a gift."

Buffy threw her hands into the air. "Well, point me in the direction of whomever decided
that this," she said, gesturing to her stomach, "would be a gift. Because I'd really like to
have a few words with them."

"The Powers that Be."

"What?"

"The people who gave you the child were the Powers that Be."

"Confused now," Xander spoke up. "You say that this isn't part of a prophecy, yet the
Powers that Be are involved."

The man sighed, "It's really complicated."

"Please explain it to us then," Buffy scoffed, folding her arms in front of her.

Angel stepped out from the corner he had been standing in.

"Buffy, let him explain before you get upset."

Buffy glared at Angel. "I'm not upset. I am just really irritated that my life is constantly
being played with. First it's, 'You're the chosen one, go save the world from endless
apocalypses'. Then its, 'Oh, by the way you wont live to be twenty-five'. And now...now they decide to impregnate me with this baby."

"They aren't playing with your life Buffy," the man told her. "This baby has been planned
for some time."

This time Giles was the one confused.

"If the baby was planned, why wasn't it written?"

"Because the way the baby was to be conceived was not something the Powers that Be wanted known. And if the Watchers Council found out about it, they would go to any
lengths to stop them."

"Vampire and Slayer," Willow said.

"Plus, the fact that they wanted to conceive the baby in the most powerful slayer, one that has surpassed all obstacles thrown at her, was another factor that delayed the baby."

"I'm the powerful slayer?"

"Yes, you killed the Master, stopped an apocalypse and sacrificed all that you love to save the world."

"How was the vampire chosen?" Giles asked.

The man laughed lightly. "That one was a tough decision. At first they wondered if it was
possible to even bring a slayer and a vampire together in the sense they needed. Then
when they saw that a slayer and vampire could love, they realized they wouldn't have any problems."

"Angel and Buffy," Xander pointed out.

The man shook his head. "Buffy and Angel are not the first vampire and slayer to fall in
love. The love between a vampire and slayer dates back over 200 years."

"So, this child has been planned for 200 years?'

"Yes."

"So, Angel was picked to be the father and things got screwed up," Buffy said, her tension and anger rising with each revelation.

"Angel wasn't the vampire they chose if that's what you're insinuating."

"But, he's the only vampire I love...will ever love."

"Why did they choose Spike?"

"What's with the dreams she's been having?"

"What do they plan to do with the child once its born?"

The man raised his hands, signaling them all to stop with their questions. "That's all I am allowed to tell you for now," he told them before glancing over at Angel. "Can I talk to you for a minute?"

"Sure."

"Wait a minute!" Buffy yelled, grabbing the man and jerking him around. "You can't tell us anymore? You come here and tell us this and that's it. Who the hell do you think you are?"

"A man that's going to help you."

Angel walked over to Buffy and forced her to look at him. "Buffy, he's my friend. I trust
him and he is here to help us."

Buffy looked over at the man then back at Angel. She sighed. "You're right. I'm sorry."

"I will continue to help you and tell you as much as I can through the pregnancy of this
child, but until then all you can know is how it happened."

Buffy nodded her head in understanding. Angel led his friend out of the library.

"Angel you can't let them know that you know more then I told them," the man warned
once they were on the other side of the doors.

"I won't."

"You know it would ruin everything if you interfere."

"I said I won't."

"Angel I know you love her and it pains me that you have to stand by and allow this to
happen, but it is they who were meant to be together."

"Peaches, who's the new luva?!"

Spike had been walking down the hall when he spotted Angel chatting with a man. He
stopped when he came face to face with them.

"Hey, I know you," Spike exclaimed, pointing his finger at Angel's friend. "You're that bloke I met at Willy's"

The mans eyes narrowed, his mind trying to process exactly who the bleached vampire
was. Finally it clicked.

"You're Spike."

"And you're Ramone."

"Spike, go away."

Spike ignored Angel. "So, you're the friend that knows all about this whole baby mess."

"And you're the father."

"Unfortunately yes."

Ramone eyed Spike before turning to Angel. "I will talk to you tomorrow."

"Yes."

Ramone said goodnight to both men then left.

"So, does the Scooby gang know that your little friend there is a demon?"

Angel's body tensed. He could smell Buffy's scent on him, but it wasn't as strong as his
scent had been on her.

"Where have you been?"

"Out and about."

"Did you hurt someone? I smell someone's scent on you and sex."

Spike smirked. "Well, I did make her scream, but it wasn't from pain."

Angel couldn't believe Spike would go from Buffy's beauty and light to another
bed. It gave him even more cause to doubt his friend's claim that Spike had
been chosen to be the one for Buffy, and more reason to want to dust him on
the spot than he ever had. Spike had always been loyal to Drusilla. But he'd
loved her. This just showed he couldn't love Buffy. And that he was her enemy
to the core like he'd always been.

As the anger flashed red before his eyes and the thought that one day Spike
would hurt her pounded in his head his fist clenched. Angel
mentally tried to push his anger at Spike aside, but all he wanted to do
right now was kill him. Dust him right there and raise Buffy's child as his
own. But, something in Ramone's words and eyes had said, 'He doesn't love her. At least not yet.'

Spike seemed to sense the controlled rage in Angel and smirked a little
before asking, "Is the slayer in there?"

Angel jumped back into reality. "Yeah."

"Good, been meaning to talk to her about something."

Spike pushed both doors wide open and waltzed into the library. He scanned the room until he found her over by the weapons.

"'Ello, pet," he greeted, leaning against the wall with his shoulder.

A shiver trailed through Buffy's body from his closeness. Her mind drifted back to earlier,
when his tongue had lavished her body. God, she would give anything to be back there
lying on the bed with Spike. No, not Spike, with someone other then Spike pleasuring her the way he had.

"Why are you here?" she asked, jerking an ax from its place on the wall.

"Don't know really. Was visiting a friend, got bored with her, decided to see what you
were up to and now here I am."

Buffy's eyes shot over at Spike. Did he say 'her'? Buffy shook her head, wondering why
she even cared what kind of friend he had visited.

"I'm about to go patrol."

"I'll come with you," he said, a mischievous look gleaming in his eyes.

Buffy didn't miss the look or the hidden message behind it, but she didn't let it effect her.

"Good, Angel and I could use the extra help," she said, smiling brightly and walking away from him.

"Balls."

TBC.....................

"The course of true love never did run smooth." Shakespeare
Your Whore by Annastasia
Chapter 23: "Your Whore" (R)


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Any particular nasty you guys looking for?" Spike asked from behind Buffy and Angel.

After an hour they had finished patrolling two cemeteries, finding only two newly risen vamps, and now they were in their third cemetery and nothing big had happened yet.

"I don't know why we're still here," Spike continued. "This place is dead."

Buffy stopped and turned to him. "That was really clever, Spike. How long did it take you to come up with that one?"

"'Bout as long as it will take you to dust that vamp," he replied, his gaze fixed behind her.

Angel and Buffy both went into attack mode. Buffy took in the appearance of the vamp and laughed. He was completely decked out in 70's vintage clothing.

"Can we say Travolta reject?" she joked, pulling a stake from her jacket.

Spike walked over to a nearby gravestone and took a seat on it. He pulled a cigarette out and lit it.

"Now, now Slayer," he tsked, blowing out a cloud of smoke. "Don't you know it's impolite to insult your prey before killing it."

Before Buffy could tell Spike to shut it, the vampire lunged at her. She plunged her stake into its heart and the vamp exploded into dust.

Buffy started to cough violently as the dust drifted in the air towards her face. She
waved her hand around in front of her, shooing away the remaining dust.

"I wonder if you can die from inhaling too much dust," she choked out.

Angel lifted his head and surveyed their surroundings. Spike was right, the place was
dead.

"Maybe we should call it a night," he suggested. "You can go home and get some sleep. You look tired."

Spike leapt down from the gravemarker. "Now that's the best bloody idea I've heard all
day."

He made his way to Buffy.

"Come, Slayer. I'll walk you home." He leaned closer and added in a low voice. "Even
tuck you in if you're a good girl."

Buffy shut her eyes. As tempting as his offer was, she really did not want to fall into bed
with Spike again. Two times, or was it three? It didn't matter, because there would be no
more times.

"No, I think we should patrol a little longer," she said, moving away from Spike's
closeness.

Spike groaned in agony. "Cor, this is boring as hell."

"Maybe if you helped instead of talking our ears off and chasing away all the vamps, it
wouldn't be so boring."

"Unlike the poofter here, I don't kill my own kind."

"Then why did you come, Spike?" Angel inquired, becoming irritated with his grandchilde.

"Slayer knows why I came," Spike answered simply, sliding his gaze towards Buffy.

Angel didn't have to wonder what Spike was implying. He knew exactly why Spike had
come, and he bet that his being here ruined his plans.

"Listen, Spike. If you promise to shut up for a minute, we'll leave after we finish this
cemetery."

"Fine."

"Buffy, maybe we should split up. Cover more area and finish quicker."

"All right. You and Spike go patrol the north side and I'll..."

"I'm not going with Peaches."

"Why?"

"Can't stand him is why."

Buffy exhaled harshly. "God, Spike, you can be so childish."

"Spike, go with Buffy. I'll take the north side alone."

Buffy watched Angel wander off through the graves. After he was fully gone she turned
her attention to Spike.

"What the hell is wrong with you?!"

Spike grinned. "Been waiting all day to get you alone."

"All day? You were with me half the day."

Spike reached out to her and took hold of her around the waist. He pulled her to him
roughly.

"And, it was a good half day, right?"

Buffy wanted to push him away, she really did, but while her head screamed 'no', her body screamed 'yes'.

"Yes," she replied weakly.

Spike lowered his mouth to her neck. He sucked on the area below her ear then trailed his lips lower.

Buffy started to breathe heavily. Her hands shot up from her sides and clung to his
shoulders. She felt so weak. Her entire being was turning to Jello as Spike's tongue and
mouth moved over her skin.

"I want you, Slayer." She heard Spike groan. "I want to bury myself inside you."

Buffy pulled away, but not because she was repulsed by his admission, but because she wanted him too. Her hands began the job of pulling his shirt out of his jeans.

Spike stood still, allowing her to undress him. His mind played with all the thoughts of
what he was going to do to her once they were both sans clothing.

Buffy's mind continued to scream at her, telling her that what she was doing was wrong. It was wrong to be starting this here, in the open, with Angel only inches away. But, her body paid no attention to the protests. So, her hands continued their task. Once Spike's shirt was off Buffy froze.

Spike saw the Slayer's eyes widen in shock. He wondered what was wrong and looked
down to see what she was staring at.

That's when he saw them. Vanessa's marks. Scratches ran down from his shoulder to the top of his chest. A small circle, most likely a hickey, showed beside one nipple.

Spike looked back up at Buffy in time to see her step further away from him.

"Slayer-"

"Where were you earlier?" she asked, her eyes still glued to his chest.

"Visiting a friend."

Buffy clutched at her stomach. She felt like she was going to be sick.

"Oh, my god."

Spike watched her hunch over. He cursed himself for telling her the truth about what he
had been doing earlier. His mistake caused her to put two and two together.

"Slayer, these are from you," he tried unsuccessfully to cover, walking over to her and
grabbing her arm.

Buffy jerked her arm free. "Don't touch me," she warned. "I can't believe I let you into my
bed," she whispered, her gaze focused on the ground as her mind processed everything.

"I feel like a slut, a whore. I let you touch me and....oh god."

"Buffy."

"I am a whore. One of your whores."

Spike pulled Buffy straight and forced her to look at him. "You wanted it."

Buffy struggled to get free, but Spike held firm. "You invited me into your bed willingly,"
he growled. "But, just because I slept with you doesn't mean I'm going to be monogamous."

"Let go of me, Spike."

"Spike!" Spike heard Angel yell his name.

Buffy finally broke free and ran to Angel's side.

"Buffy?" Angel said, seeing the horror in her eyes. "What happened?"

Buffy didn't answer him. She couldn't think right now, she only knew that she wanted to
get far away from Spike.

"Take me home."

Angel nodded his head and placed his arm around her.

Spike watched Angel lead Buffy away before he cursed.

"Bloody hell!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hours after Angel had left Buffy's house, Spike stormed through the front door. He
stopped at the foot of the steps and stared up at the second floor.

He was tempted to march up them and bang on Buffy's door. But, he knew if he did he
would wake Joyce up and he didn't want to do that. So, instead he went down into the
basement.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Buffy heard the basement door slam and relaxed. Her whole body had tensed when she
heard Spike come in. For a minute she wondered how he had gotten in. She was sure she locked the door after Angel left, mainly to keep him out. She figured her mother probably gave him a key just in case he ever left while they were asleep.

'Great.' she thought. Can't even lock him out of her house, let alone her life.

She didn't tell Angel what had happened. If she did she would have had to reveal that she was sleeping with Spike and she didn't want to do that. So, she made up a lie about feeling sick and throwing up on Spike. That excuse also covered his question about why Spike's shirt had been off. She didn't think he'd buy it, but he did. Hook, line and sinker.

Once Angel was gone she went to the bathroom and took a shower. Cleaning off all the
filth she felt from Spike's touches earlier. But, no matter how hard she scrubbed or how
long she still felt dirty.

Now here she was, in bed, almost wishing that Spike would come into her room and touch her again.

"No more," she told herself, pushing away all thoughts of Spike. "Never again."

TBC.........................


"We know what we are, but know not what we may be."
Exit by Annastasia
Chapter 24: "Exit"

Authors Note: I know I probably upset some of you with the last few chapters with Spike's wandering ways. Just stick with me.....good things will come.

"Patience is a virtue."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Good morning," Joyce greeted Buffy as she came into the kitchen. "I made your favorite....pancakes."

Buffy groaned. "Uh, no thanks. I'm not very hungry."

"Buffy, you need to eat," Joyce said, pouring more batter onto the pan. "After all, you are eating for two."

"Don't remind me," Buffy told her, placing her hand over her stomach.

"Come on, sit," her mother ordered, setting a plate on the table.

Buffy crossed over to the table, pausing momentarily when she passed the basement door. She had to force herself to continue on across the room and not bolt out of the kitchen like her life depended on it. She didn't like the thought of being this close to Spike, even though a solid wooden door separated them.

Joyce noticed as her daughter's demeanor changed after passing by the basement door.

"Honey, are you okay?" she asked, her curiosity getting the better of her.

Buffy picked up the fork lying beside her plate and started to stab at the fluffy, golden pancakes stacked high on the plate.

"Yeah, I'm fine," she muttered. "Never better."

"Buffy, either you start talking or I will march down those basement steps and ask Spike myself."

Buffy's head shot up and the fork clattered onto the plate. "How did you know it involved Spike?"

"When you passed by the basement door your face got very pale," she explained. "Honey, you looked like you were going to be sick."

"He's just being a jerk.'

"All men are jerks," Joyce joked, trying hard to lighten her daughter's dreary mood.

Buffy didn't laugh. Instead she resumed the task of playing with her food.

"Giles says to keep him around because we need his help. But, does he help? No, all he does is mess things up. Make my life a living hell."

"Buffy, what happened?"

Buffy sighed deeply, this time placing her fork down on the plate.

"Sorry Mom, but I'm really not hungry," she confessed, getting up from the chair. "Plus, I really want to get out of here before his 'royal pain in the ass' wakes up."

"Doesn't he usually sleep during the day?"

"Yes, but I'm not taking any chances today."

Buffy moved around the counter and kissed her mom on the cheek.

"Bye, Mom."

"Call me if you're going to be home late."

Buffy nodded her head in reply before hurrying out the kitchen door.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

"Buffy, what's bothering you?" a concerned Willow asked her friend once they were both alone.

After leaving her house, Buffy had spent most of the day with Willow. The whole afternoon consisted of doing girlie stuff, shopping, gossiping, all things to rid her mind of the way she was feeling about what happened with Spike.

Last night Buffy realized two things. First, that she wasn't mad at Spike, or angry for that matter. She had no right to be, they weren't a couple, they weren't in love, the times they had spent together, in bed, were about lust, need and fulfilling a desire they couldn't find anywhere else at the moment. So, she realized she was angry at herself. Angry that she had succumbed to the need and want building inside her since Spike came back to Sunnydale. Secondly, she realized that this incident was a good wake up call for her. Now was the time for her to focus on her life, her real life. The one that involved her friends, her mother, her slaying duties, and most importantly, Angel. And that's exactly what she planned to do.

"Buffy?"

Buffy heard Willow's voice calling her name and slowly returned from her thoughts.

"Where did Xander go?" she asked once she noticed he wasn't sitting at the table with them.

"Cordy finally showed up and now they're dancing," Willow answered, motioning with her head to the dance floor. "What are you thinking about?"

"Angel," Buffy replied with a soft sigh.

Willow smiled. "Happy, fluffy thoughts?"

Buffy nodded her head.

"Angel's been wonderful this whole time. Always there for you to lean on, " Willow began to ramble, while playing with the straw in her drink. "I mean, I could only imagine how hard this all is for him. The love of his unlife carrying the child of his grandchilde. And, then when that Ramone guy said that Spike had been chosen over him. That must've been so painful for him to hear."

"Yeah," Buffy agreed impassively.

"What's up?" an out of breath Xander asked when he saw the look on Buffy's face.

Cordelia appeared behind him and noticed Buffy.

"Great," she moaned, taking a seat next to Willow. "Listen, I don't want to ruin this little gloomy attitude you've adopted for yourself as of late, but I for one came here to have fun, not sulk."

"Cordy."

"No, she's right," Buffy agreed. "I'm tired of sulking too. From now on its 'fun' Buffy, not 'gloomy, broody, depressed' Buffy."

"Well, before you change into the 'fun' Buffy mode can I ask a quick question?" Xander inquired.

"Sure, just as long as it doesn't have to do with the baby, Spike, or Angel's friend."

Xander laughed nervously. "Um....well, it actually has to do with all three of those."

"Oh brother," Cordelia groaned, rolling her eyes.

"Go ahead, Xander."

"I was just curious if you told Spike what Ramone said yesterday?"

"We were just talking about that," Willow spoke up. "I was just saying how hard it must be for Angel that Spike was chosen instead of him."

"I wonder why?" Cordelia mumbled.

"What?"

"Obviously there's more to this whole thing then what that friend of Angels told us."

"Wow, honey, your brain does work after school hours." Xander quipped dryly.

"Shut up, Xander."

"No, Cordy's right. It does seem strange that the Powers would pick two people who hate each other so much to produce a child together," Willow stated.

"I'm surprised Spike's still here," Xander said. "Being the evil undead that he is I was sure he would hightail it out of here once he found out he knocked up the Slayer."

"Xander," Willow chastised.

"Sorry, I didn't mean it like...."

"That's okay. I know what you meant."

Silence fell over the group. Each of them wondering what to talk about that didn't revolve around Buffy's current situation.

Xander was about to break the unbearable silence until he caught sight of someone.

"Speak of the devil....literally."

All three girls turned their gaze in the direction Xander's was focused.

"What's he doing here?" Xander asked, his eye following Spike as he moved across the
floor. "Shouldn't he be hiding, making himself scarce?"

"I think I have an idea what he's doing here," Buffy muttered, sliding out of her high seat. "I'll be right back."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Spike knew who was behind him before she even spoke.

"Come to find another girl to take to bed?"

Slowly Spike turned to face Buffy, who was waiting with her arms crossed.

"Well, if it isn't the Ice Princess," he sneered, letting his gaze roam down her body before looking her in the eyes. "Finally come out of your castle I see."

"So, which one do you have your eyes on?" she asked, ignoring his remark. She surveyed the area around them. "How about that one over there. She looks like the type to spread 'em. No questions asked."

Spike didn't bother turning in the direction she was looking. Instead, he moved closer until his face was beside hers and whispered, "Why are you so bothered that I was with someone else?"

Buffy jerked her head away. "What bothers me is how sick I feel knowing what I let you do to me."

Spike smirked. "As I recall you begged me for it."

Buffy cringed at his words. He was right. At much as it pained her to admit it, there had been moments when she wanted it. God, how insane she had been.

"Not every time," she shot back, which Spike laughed at.

Spike peeled his eyes away from her and peered into the crowd of people.

"Why don't you go rejoin your mates," he suggested, gesturing with a nod of his head towards the area where they were sitting. "Don't feel like a lecture from you right now."

"I didn't come over here just for that."

"Oh?"

"I want you gone."

Spikes brows furrowed. He angled his body so he could hear better what she was about to say.

"Tonight is the last night you will be in my house. After that I only want to see or hear from you when it concerns the baby."

Spikes brows were now arched, amused by what she was telling him.

"You've ruined my life for the last time," she said , her mind racing with facts she wanted to throw in his face but didnt. Like how her life literally was hell since he came back. And, how sleeping with him was the icing on the cake for her to declare herself legally insane. "I need to get you as far away from me as possible so it won't happen again. It can't happen again."

"And, if it does?"

"It won't," she stated firmly.

"Plan to get your jollies somewhere else?"

"You're sick," she said in disgust. "Unlike you I don't need sex."

Spike advanced on her, forcing her against a nearby wall. "You may be able to go without it, but how long can you go without it from me?"

Buffy squirmed against the wall. She didn't like being this close to him, their bodies almost touching, it made things too tempting.

"Vain mu..."

Spike halted her sentence with his mouth covering hers. Buffy tried to pull away, but her head only bumped hard against the wall, keeping her mouth connected to his. She lifted her hands to his chest, hoping to push him away so she could remove herself from the trap he had her in, but they ended up clutching at his shirt, pulling him flush against her.

Spike trailed his hand up her side, resting it against the side of her breast. The palm of his hand slowly started to move over her breast, passing over the nipple and stopping on the other side until his whole hand covered the soft globe. He squeezed, hard.

Buffy broke the kiss and looked over to where she knew Willow and Xander were. She'd just realized they could probably see her and Spike. She tried hard to focus her eyes, but Spike's cool lips moving over her neck was a big distraction.

"Spike, stop."

"They can't see us," he spoke against her neck, the feel of his voice on her skin sending chills down her back. "Watching Red's guy....on stage."

Buffy let her gaze move to the stage. Sure enough, Oz and his band were just beginning their set. She briefly wondered how Spike knew what she was thinking, and how he knew that Oz was onstage, but once again, the feel of his mouth stopped her from caring.

"What were you saying about me at your house?" he asked, lifting his head up to look at her.

Buffy shook her head. "I don't remember."

"Good," he said, pulling away from her. "Because I'm already gone."

"What?" she asked, still in a daze from their short kiss.

"I already left your house. Found a crypt to my liking and moved in there."

It was then that Buffy realized why he had kissed her like that. It was all a test. A test to see if everything she had said really held true. And, she had failed miserably.

"Pig."

"A pig you can't seem to resist," he taunted.

"Spike!"

Buffy heard someone call his name, but didn't take her eyes off him. Spike heard it as well, but he too remained staring at her. It wasn't until a girl flung herself at him that they both snapped out of their glares.

Buffy watched, sickened by the sight in front of her. The girl wrapping her arms around Spike, draping her body all over him. What a ho-biscuit.

"I have been looking all over for you," the girl told him, not noticing that his eyes were focused behind her. "I went to the bathroom and when I came out you were gone. Where did you go?"

Spike rolled his eyes discreetly. "Ran into someone I knew."

The girl turned to see who he had been talking to.

Buffy froze when she saw the girl's face and recognized who she was.

"Buffy?" the girl said, recognition dawning on her face as well. "Buffy Summers?"

Buffy stared at the girl for what seemed like an eternity before her voice appeared.

"V....Vanessa?"

TBC..............................




"If nothing ever changed, there'd be no butterflies. "
--Unknown
Heartbeat by Annastasia
Chapter 25: "Heartbeat"

Disclaimer: See first chapter.

Rating: R



>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"What are you...?" Buffy stumbled over her words.

Vanessa's mouth hung open in shock, while her eyes nearly bulged out of her head. She stretched her arms out and pulled Buffy into a tight embrace.

Buffy's arms stayed glued to her sides. She glanced at Spike over Vanessa's shoulder, her mind full of questions. Why was Spike with Vanessa? How did they know each other?

Vanessa broke the hug and stepped back. "I can’t believe it's you. I never thought we'd see each other again."

"I’m just as shocked as you are." Buffy joked weakly. "What are you doing in Sunnydale?"

"Hiding from my brother," she answered, her voice laced with hatred. "You remember Johnny, right?"

Buffy blushed. Of course she remembered her long ago best friend's brother. The very same brother she had the biggest crush on growing up.

"Yes, I do."

"I just had to get away from him. He's on some sort of power trip now." Vanessa explained.

She was so busy babbling on and on that she didn’t notice the looks Spike and Buffy were exchanging.

It finally dawned on Buffy who Vanessa was in relation to Spike. This was the very girl whom he got caught with, resulting in his needing to lay low. Vanessa was the girl who was supposed to marry, but didn’t because Spike ruined her. So, that meant that Johnny was the vampire brother and also the very vamp Spike was on the run from.

Buffy scoffed quietly. She so wished she could kill Spike right now, not just for him being who he was, but now because of his own stupidity.

"I remembered meeting Spike through Johnny and decided to look him up. And now, here I am." Vanessa finished, drawing both the Slayer and Vampire's attention back to her.

Vanessa glanced between the two enemies. "Do you two know each other?"

"We're acquaintances," Spike responded first. "Very close acquaintances."

"Actually, "Buffy rebutted. "Spike and I are working on a class project together. So, that’s all we are.....classmates, that’s all."

Buffy felt like crawling into a hole after the last word passed over her lips. She could almost hear Spike grinning, that smug look spreading across his face. What the hell had she been thinking? Classmates? Class project?

"I thought Spike was a vampire," Vanessa stated, saying it almost like it was common knowledge that vampires roamed the earth.

"How can he be a student at your school? Daytime and everything."

"You’re right, I don’t know what I was thinking. Spike's an annoying pain in my ass, so I guess I just got him and the whole class project thing mixed up, cause you know I hate them both."

Buffy sent an icy glare in Spike's direction, to which he returned one of his own.

Spike ground his teeth together. "As much as I would love to stay around and continue to listen to the Queen Bitch insult me, I have other more interesting things I could be doing."

"There’s no love lost between you two," Vanessa commented. "Is it just me or did the temperature in this place fall a couple hundred degrees?"

"Fine go! See if I care," Buffy yelled, forgetting that a very confused Vanessa was still there. "Just…..just stay away from me."

"I plan to."

"Fine!"

"Fine!"

Buffy grunted loudly before stalking away.

Spike growled low at her retreating form before he himself left.

Vanessa stood alone, bewildered by what had just taken place before her."What the hell was that about?"

"Hey Buffy what happened?" Xander asked when he saw her coming towards the table.

Buffy reached the table and jerked her coat from the back of her chair.

"I don’t know why I haven’t killed him yet," she mumbled to herself, thrusting one arm into the coat. "Uses my body for his little playground then makes a fool of me in front of my friend."

Willow and Xander exchanged questioning glances. Both wondered what their friend was talking about.

"Um, Buffy."

Buffy struggled with the other sleeve, pulling and tugging at the coat, and failing miserably in her attempt. She felt tears start to well up in her eyes. Giving up on the coat she buried her face in her hands.

"Why is this happening to me?"All her friends heard her muffled cry from behind her hands. "Why do I feel this way? Why is he getting to me like this?"

Willow finally stood. She hated seeing her best friend in so much distress and not knowing what the cause of it was.

"Buffy its okay," Willow soothed, reaching out and placing her arms around Buffy.

Buffy jerked violently and Willow stumbled back a little. She stared at Willow with huge eyes. Her gaze shifted to Xander then Cordelia and Oz. She had forgotten they were still there at the Bronze. Her eyes grew wider when she remembered what she had been saying. How much did they hear?

"Buffy, are you okay?" Willow spoke softly, cautiously. "Do you want us to take you home?"

"What?" Buffy shook her head. "No, I’m fine. You guys stay here and have your fun. I’m going to patrol then head home."

"Are you sure?" Xander asked, not convinced she was all right.

Buffy nodded her head while finally managing to get her other arm into her coat. She continued to nod her head slowly as she turned and disappeared.

"Something is wrong," Xander said. "And, I’m thinking it has to do with a certain peroxide vampire."

"Gosh, how depressing was that," Cordelia snorted. "I wonder if she’s going to go all suicidal."

"She’s not going to go suicidal."

"I hope not. Because that is not something I want connected with my reputation. Having a friend who committed suicide," she paused, considering what she had said. "Technically she’s not my friend. I just hang out with her because I’m dating you," she reasoned and pointed to Xander. "So, if she does end up killing herself we are so breaking up. It is so much worse…."

"Cordy!"

"What?"

"Ill talk to her tomorrow. Right now I don’t think us being there will do any good."Xander nodded his head in agreement.

"Right. Tomorrow we’ll get some answers."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Spike had wanted to kill something, needed to kill something. He could feel the darkness in him fading away quicker than it had consumed him when he was turned. All because the slayer had entered his unlife. Ever since he had gotten a taste of her he could feel himself slipping, growing soft. But, he’d be damned if he let it continue. That’s where he had gone after leaving the Bronze, to walk the streets, looking for a victim. Any victim. One to bring him back where he belonged.

He didn’t find one though. Now he was walking back to his crypt, pissed that he'd failed. That was until he heard something. A sniffle.

"Perfect," he purred, a smirk sliding across his face. Maybe he would find that weak victim after all.

He used his vampire hearing to sense exactly where his prey was. He pinpointed a direction and started slinking quietly through grave markers and headstones.

"Oh, its you," he groaned, agitated when he saw who it was.

Buffy spun around quickly, settling her body into attack mode. She saw Spike emerge from behind a nearby tree. "What do you want?" she asked, wiping away the evidence of her tears.

"Are you crying?" Spike asked, squinting his eyes at her as he moved closer.

"No."

"Yes you are."

"No, I am not," she defended. "Some dust from a vamp got in my eyes."

Spike sucked in his cheeks. He wondered if he should let this slide or continue to push on. He decided on the former.

"Right then, goodnight."

He was turned away and half gone, but stopped when he heard Buffy ask a sudden, unexpected question.

"Why her?"

Spike peered back at her over his shoulder.

Spike casually walked over to a headstone and braced his lower body against it. He stuck his hand into his front pants pocket to retrieve a cigarette and frowned when he found nothing. He started to pat his body all over, searching all of his pockets for the pack. He smiled when he finally felt them in his front shirt pocket. He plucked one out and popped it between his lips.

"You want to know what really happened with her brother?" he asked while he lit the fag dangling loosely from his mouth.

Buffy didn’t answer him. She just crossed her arms in front of her and waited.

"Right…." he drawled, blowing out a puff of smoke. "’Ere’s the whole story, the true story. After leaving Sunnyhell last year, after you sent Peaches to ‘ell, I went to South America with Dru. Things were wonderful, couldn’t have been better, that is until she realized what I had done and how I had formed an alliance with you. Things turned ugly after that. She refused to let me touch her, hold her, be with her. All because I had betrayed ‘her daddy’. She loathed me. A hundred years I spent with her, loving her and worshiping the very ground she walked on. But, did that mean anything to her? No. Said she didn’t trust me, that I wasn’t ‘er Spike anymore. Said she…."

"Spike, I’m looking for a simple answer here. Not a history lesson."

Spike sneered at her. "Shut yer hole for a minute and maybe you’ll see that I have a point to all of this"

Buffy rolled her eyes, but nonetheless shut her mouth allowing him to continue.

"She said she could see Sunnydale all around me." he lied. Spike didn’t want Buffy to know what Dru had really said, about her being the thing Dru really saw floating around him. "I told her it was in the past, that we were finally rid of everything in Sunnydale and the Hellmouth. That wasn’t how she saw it though. Said I was holding on to something. And, that I tasted….." he had to shallow hard. The memory of what she had said making him feel sick and disgusted. "That I tasted like ashes."

"Still not seeing the point in you telling me this," Buffy complained haughtily.

"Bloody ‘ell, woman! Let me vent a little!" Spike yelled. "You want to hear what I have to say, then you’ll let me do it my way."

"Whatever."

"Dru left me. Hightailed it with some Chaos demon I had caught her with."

"Is that it? You wanted revenge on a Chaos demon so you slept with Vanessa who was supposed to marry one."

"Slayer," Spike hissed.

"Fine, go on."

"I stayed in Brazil for awhile, trying to decide how to win back my dark goddess. I realized there was nothing I could do. That was until I remembered someone telling me about love spells. Perform one on the person you desire and that person will be yours indefinitely. After realizing this I felt on top of the world again. My Dru was going to be mine again. That’s when I came to Sunnydale and the whole incident with you and the factory happened."

"Oh."

"But, I had another plan for getting Dru back," Spike flicked away the butt of his cigarette. He then pushed himself off the headstone and closed the distance between him and Buffy. " I heard about this demon who finds other demons for you."

"Like a demon detective?"

"No, luv. This demon finds other demons that one wants to kill or have a little fun with."

Buffy furrowed her brows in confusion. "Fun with?"

"Torture," he answered. "It’s kinda like the mafia, except of course it's for the demon community."

"Oh."

"He’s located in Nevada. So, I went to him and explained my situation. He said he would help, but of course there was a price. I agreed and that was that."

"And Vanessa figures into this where?"

"Haven’t you guessed yet, pet. Vanessa’s brother is the demon. He’s the vampire I made the deal with. He’s the head honcho, the big cheese, the crème de la crème."

"Okay, okay I get it. Johnny is the head of this so called demon mafia."

"Yeah. Anyway, Johnny offered me free lodging until he completed his investigation on Dru’s whereabouts and that’s how I encountered Vanessa. Johnny’s business is run out of a casino/hotel. Well, one night I was down on the main floor, having fun wasting some wealthy widow's money when Vanessa sashayed over to my table. I had a few drinks in me, cause you know Vegas " fun time, free drinks", so I put the moves on her. Of course at the time I didn’t know who she was or her relation to Johnny. Next thing I know I’m in her room and we’re going at it like wild dogs."

"Imagery, Spike. Imagery."

Spike laughed. "You wanted to know."

Spike started back to the headstone he had sat on earlier. He was about to continue with his tale when he heard a noise in the distance.

"Did you hear that?" he asked, squinting his eyes and glaring into the dark. He shifted his gaze left then right, hoping to hear the sound again.

"Spike, don’t try to avoid …."

"I'm serious," he snapped. "I heard something."

"I didn’t hear anything and I don’t hear anything now," Buffy told him. "It was probably a squirrel or something."

Spike hung his head and started to laugh. "Right, cause squirrels are a common occurrence around the Hellmouth, whereas vamps aren’t," He quipped, his voice dripping with sarcasm.

Spike turned his head to look at her. He saw the annoyed look on her face and rolled his eyes. A strong need for another cigarette washed over him.

"After my little tryst with Vanessa things started to fall apart with Johnny. I tried to explain to him that I didn’t know it was his sister and that I had no idea she was engaged."

A fag was now nestled comfortably between Spike’s lips. He inhaled the nicotine, loving the calmness it seemed to settle over his body.

"Apparently Johnny isn’t an understanding type of guy. He called a stop to the work he was doing for me. To which I called him a Nancy boy fuckface wanker and left. Left his casino, left Las Vegas. Couple days later come to find out that Johnny still expected payment on services provided, i.e. the room and his sister. His sister being a service not included in the original package. I refused to pay the bloke and he sent some goons of his to emphasize that payment was expected or else. And, that is where this tale ends. You know the rest."

"That explains a lot," Buffy spoke softly after he was done. "Clarifies how pathetic you are, which I already knew. But, what it doesn’t explain is why you slept with her again. Why did you jump from my bed to hers?"

Spike cocked an eyebrow. "Are you jealous?"

"What?!"

Once again Spike closed the distance between them. "You sound a bit jealous to me, luv."

"I am not jealous," She disputed. "I only want to know why you fell back into bed with her after all that happened after the first time you did it."

"Are you sure? Not the littlest bit envious that the Big Bad decided to have fun with someone else."

"Jesus, Spike! I just want to know why her and not me!"

Spike smiled at her slip up. "So, you want to know why I went to her and didn’t stay in your bed?" he inquired, reaching out his hand to touch her.

Buffy shivered when his fingers connected with her lower arm. Her eyelids fluttered closed when he began to lightly run them up and down her skin.

Spike leaned in, pressing his mouth near the side of her face, close to her ear. "I’ll tell you, but only if you let me do it my way."

"Spike," Buffy whispered, breathless.

This time Spike was the one to shudder. He tilted his head at an angle so his nose was almost buried in the thick, golden locks of her hair. He inhaled her sweet aroma, the vanilla scent overtaking his senses, turning his thoughts into a jumbled mess.

"She doesn’t make me lose my mind from one single breath." Spike felt the hard lump forming in his throat and had to shallow hard just to get rid of it. "She doesn’t make me hard and soft from a single touch of her skin against mine."

Buffy moaned weakly as his hand left her arm and moved to wrap around her waist. ‘Get a grip Buffy.’ she told herself. ‘Don’t let him do this to you.'

Buffy pushed Spike away. Spike growled and snaked his arm around her waist again, jerking her back to him.

"Let me finish," he hissed between clenched teeth. He lowered his head until their foreheads touched. "My body doesn’t ache when I’m not touching her."

"Don’t do this Spike," Buffy pleaded softly, feeling his thumb brush the underside of her breast. "This shouldn’t be happening."

"It shouldn’t," Spike agreed. "But it is."

"Was she better then me?"

Spike separated their foreheads. He looked down at her lowered head, wondering where that question came from.

Finally it became apparent. "Angel."

Buffy choked back a sob. "Let go of me," she demanded, pulling her arms up in front of her to push him away again.Spike stilled her by gripping her wrists. He hauled her body up against his until her arms were crushed between their bodies.

"No." Was all he said before his mouth covered hers. He moved then until Buffy’s back encountered a nearby tree.

Buffy returned the kiss willingly. She put herself fully behind the kiss, giving as good as she got.  Their tongues touched and teased, both battling for dominance. They both wanted to be the aggressor. Neither wanted to show the effect the other had from one single kiss. Spike’s grip loosened enough for Buffy to move her arms down the front of his body. She found and passed over the waistband of his pants. Her hand moved further down until it came into contact with the now prominent bulge between his legs. She situated her hand so her palm was pressed fully against the front and her fingers were angled down and under so she was cupping him. She started to move her hand up and down, stroking him with the back of her hand through the fabric of his pants. Spike pushed his erection further into her hand, creating that extra friction that he desired. Buffy broke the kiss and lolled her head to the side, smiling and biting her lower lip when she felt him start to pull up her skirt. She heard Spike grunt roughly and felt him start to move down her body.

Buffy’s head jerked upright when she became aware of the fact that Spike was no longer touching her. She blinked, clearing her mind of the pleasure induced fog before seeing  him on the ground in front of her, clutching at his chest. Pain was etched all over his features. His once pale face seemed to be changing several different shades of red in less than a second. 

"Spike what’s …."

Buffy never finished her sentence, because before she knew it she was sent flying to the ground from a forceful kick to her side.

Buffy snapped her head around to see who her attacker was. Two vamps stood near the tree she and Spike had been making out against, laughing at her.

"Will you look at that Tommy," one of the vamps jeered. "Slayer’s spreading her legs for another vampire besides Angelus."

Tommy waggled his eyebrows at Buffy suggestively. "You like your vamps hung Slayer? Cause I’ve been told I could make an elephant jealous," he said, grabbing a hold of his crotch and grinding his hips roughly.

Buffy collected herself and stood. She tugged down her skirt, pulling out a hidden stake in the process.

"Boys, boys, boys," she tsked, shaking her head. "You really don’t know how to impress a lady."

"Lady?" one scoffed. "More like slut."

The vamp that called her a slut looked over at Spike who was still rolling around on the ground holding his chest. "Looks to me like he wasn’t impressive. What happened? He couldn’t get it hard enough for you?"

"All right that’s it. You guys are starting to disgust me now," Buffy stated simply. "And frankly, my sex life …. none of your business."

Tommy was the first to lunge at her. He was knocked back by Buffy’s leg kicking him in the face. The other remained where he was, keeping his distance until Buffy was vulnerable enough for an attack.

Buffy saw Tommy rushing at her again from the corner of her eye. Without moving she swung the hand containing the stake up and around, accurately connecting it with Tommy’s heart just as he reached her. He exploded into dust.

"One less ego-maniac treading the earth," she mumbled before looking back over at Tommy’s friend.

"Tommy always was the impatient one."

Buffy smiled weakly at his remark. She glanced at the stake then back at him. "How should we do this? Do you want me to fight with you for awhile before I kill you, or should I just save you the energy and kill you without the fighting?"

"Confident in yourself aren’t you Slayer."

"Its part of my irresistible charm I guess."

The vamp curled his lip in a half smile then leapt at her. His body connected with Buffy’s mid section, his force causing Buffy to lose her balance and send them both tumbling to the ground. Buffy found herself pinned underneath his heavy weight, her stake missing, having flown out of her hand midway through their fall. She wrestled with him, using all her strength to get the upper hand and have him pinned beneath her. But, it was no use. He was brutally heavy and her efforts to get him off her were pointless.

Spike managed to lift his head enough to barely make out the sight of Buffy pinned under a very heavyset vampire. He had heard the vamps jiving back and forth with Buffy while trying to regain his footing. He was now on all fours, his hand still gripping his chest firmly. The pain flowing through his upper body had come on strong and unexpectedly. He didn’t know what was happening to him or why. All he knew was that his chest felt ready to explode

"Sure wish Tommy was here to see this," he said, grinning down at her. "His brother being the one to finally take the Slayer's life. God, he’d be so pissed right now."

"How long have you been a vampire?" Buffy asked still wiggling around underneath him, trying to get some part of her body free.

The vamp furrowed his brows. "Huh?"

"How long have you been a member of the undead?"

"Four years. Why?"

"Well, for such a long standing member you should know everything there is about a slayer," Buffy told him. "Like that she always carries more than one weapon."

Buffy watched as the vamp’s eyes once again filled with confusion then kneed him in the groin. The vamp’s face distorted in agony and he rolled off her. Buffy pulled another stake form under her clothing. She kicked the vamp in the side, sending him onto his back. She sailed the stake down towards his chest and into his heart.

"And that she’s resourceful," Buffy added right before he vanished into dust. Buffy stared at the dust floating through the air. She remained that way for some time until she heard Spike’s strangled cry behind her.

"Spike what’s wrong?" she asked running up to him and kneeling by his side. She reached out to touch him but he growled at her and bared his fangs, his eyes flashing a fiery yellow.

Buffy leaned over slightly to get a closer look at his front. She saw that Spike had torn open his shirt and that his chest was covered in fresh gashes directly over his dead heart.

"What did you do Spike?" she asked, once again attempting to touch him. This time he didn’t pull away or growl at her. Her hand touched his chest briefly before she yanked it away suddenly like he had shocked her. Buffy gawked at his chest. She held the hand that had touched him tightly against her.

"Your heart….. its beating."

TBC…………….

"The one thing we have learned from history is that we haven’t learned at all."
Normal by Annastasia
Chapter 26: "Normal"

Disclaimer: See previous chapters

Rated: R

Special thanks to my beta-girl....Sarah(vampgrl)!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Buffy shot to her feet quickly and slowly started to back away from Spike.

"What's going on? Why is your heart beating?"

Spike managed to get to his knees again, his fingers clawing into the dirt. His head was slumped forward, falling lazily between his shoulders until his forehead made contact with the ground.

"Spike," Buffy whispered. She carefully reached a hand out to him, concern etched across her face as she studied him.

Spike's head snapped up. His eyes had shifted back to their demon state, glowing a bright yellow and directed solely at Buffy.

"Bitch!" he spat harshly.

Buffy jerked her hand back. Her eyes started to sting as fresh tears formed. She stood there frozen, watching as Spike made his way closer, his eyes still locked on her.

Buffy finally broke free of her trance and spun to get away from him. She screamed as she ran into something hard and two hands gripped her arms.

"Ramone," she gasped once she saw whom it was she had run into.

"When did it start?" he inquired, pushing her aside and going to kneel beside Spike.

"What?" Buffy asked, turning around. Her body trembled when her eyes connected with Spike's again.

"Bitch, what..."

Spike howled in pain, the feeling in his chest seeming to double. After the pain subsided he lifted his gaze again to Buffy.

"What did you do to me?"

Buffy eyes grew wide and she looked over at Ramone. "I didn't."

"I know," Ramone spoke quickly. "When did it start?"

Buffy observed as Ramone placed his hands on Spike's body. "About five minutes ago," she finally answered. "We were...talking and then he...his heart." Her sentence died on her lips as she watched Spike collapse to the ground again.

"What are you doing?"

Ramone had his hands positioned over Spike's chest. "Just going to stop the pain."

Buffy heard him start to chant softly under his breath.

"Rimuova questo dolore.
Il battito cardiaco cessa
Rende la sua cassa intorpidita al dolore."

Spike suddenly stopped moving. His body froze, his hands fell to his sides, but most of all his cries of pain had ceased.

"Come here Buffy," Ramone called, reaching his hand out in her direction.

Buffy shook her head violently, stuttering, "I can't. He gets worse when I get closer."

Ramone lifted his gaze from Spike long enough to glance up at her.

"It's gone," he assured her. "I need you to help me get him inside."

This time Buffy didn't hesitate to approach Spike. Pushing her confusion and fear aside she conjured up all her strength to help carry the semi-conscious vampire to shelter.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"What happened?" Buffy asked sternly, her shakky demeanor from before clearly gone
and replaced by her slayer-self.

After debating over whether to take Spike to his crypt or Angel's, both decided that her place would be more suitable. After setting Spike up in the den on the couch, Buffy had pulled Ramone towards the kitchen intent on drilling him for answers.

Buffy had followed close behind him, studying him and going over in her head what shealready knew about him. Outward appearances suggested he was polished and refined, with his neatly combed sandy brown hair and light blue eyes. But, she knew there was something about him. Something that set off warning bells in her head from the moment she laid eyes on him. Tonight cinched that feeling. The power she felt rush through her and around her during his incantation had been overwhelming, proving to her that he was one powerful demon.

Ramone eyed Buffy from across the room while leaning against the refrigerator.

"What happened when?" he asked, knowing that her question was loaded.

Buffy folded her arms in front of her. "Before you came. After you came," she replied. "Just tell me what the hell is going on."

"Everything is falling into place. If I were to tell you what was to come it would ruin everything, don't you think?"

Buffy flailed her arms wildly in the air. "I don't want to know what's to come. I want to know what's happening now and why."

"You already know what is happening. As for why it's happening, well if I told you it will ultimately reveal to you what's to come."

Buffy glared at him. She hated to admit this to herself, but she was really debating over killing this guy, his help be damned. Who the hell did he think he was?

"Okay, obviously you're not fully processing what I'm asking here."

Ramone's lip curled into a half smile. He was finally starting to see what Angel loved about this girl.

"I think I'll stick around until Spike has calmed down some more," Ramone told her,pushing off the fridge.

"I can handle him," Buffy argued as he passed her to leave the kitchen.

"Judging by your state of shock earlier, I don't think you'd be able to deal with him if he woke up," he said, ignoring her and continuing on into the den.

"Why were you following us?" Buffy asked quietly. She turned from the doorway to face him, waiting for his answer.

"That's not really a pressing matter at the moment."

Buffy shook her head slowly and chuckled lightly at his remark. She moved away from the door to come up right in front of him. Gradually she lifted her face until her eyes met his. Her face was hard, her lips drawn tightly into a thin line. Her eyes held darkness and glared straight into the eyes of the demon in front of her.

"You think because your Angel's friend that you're safe?" she asked, her voice dripping in ice. "Do you think that because you're 'supposedly'helping us that I can't kill you? Guess again. The next time I catch you following Spike, or me, I will hurt you. Regardless of what you are or who you work for."

"I'd watch yourself Ms. Summers," Ramone warned. "I may not be helping the way you'd like me to, but I am helping. And, you should be thankful for that alone."

"Is that a threat Ramone? Cause last time I chec..."

"That is a promise Ms. Summers." He answered before walking away to leave her standing alone in the dark foyer.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Spike eyed the sleeping form of the Slayer from his place seated on the couch. Minutes ago he had woken up and discovered that he was not in his crypt andthat he was not alone. After finally piecing together where he was and recalling what had happened earlier in the cemetery, he remained where he was, on the couch, his eyes trained on Buffy.

Buffy was curled up into a tight ball on one of the plush sofa chairs situated directly across from the couch. Her breathing was slow and steady, meaning that she was obviously in a deep state of REM.

Spike idly wondered if she was comfortable, all squished into that confining space, her body twisted in ways that were sure to cause her to ache tomorrow. Maybe he should take her up to her bed.

'No,' He growled to his subconscious, knowing it was thinking of other possible things to do once he got her upstairs. 'Can't touch the bitch ever again.'

"She's a bad girl."

Spike nodded his head, agreeing with the voice that suddenly sounded from beside him.

"Yes, she is, pet. Yes she is."

Dru brought her hand up to rest against Spike's cheek, softly urging him to look at her. He didn't budge.

"Thump, thump." She cooed, moving the hand down from his face to his chest."Wicked, wicked noise."

"One touch," Spike mumbled, glancing down at the pale hand that rested over his still newly beating heart. "One touch, one time. She ruined me."

"Fix it," Dru told him.

Spike finally acknowledged her presence, turning his face to look at her. His eyes lit up when he saw his dark goddess, and his body ached to be with her again.

"Dru. My Drusilla," he spoke lovingly. "I'm burning from the inside out and I can't stop it."

"The fire grows, as does your passion. You still want her, don't you?"

Spike returned his gaze to Buffy. He swallowed hard as realization dawned on him. He did still want her; he couldn't stop himself from wanting her. He wanted to run his hands over the warm, soft skin that slid against his while she was beneath him, to play with the silky strands of hair that brushed against his face while she rode him. He wanted to experience it all again. He couldn't get enough of her it seemed.

"God yes," he groaned in answer, feeling himself respond to his mind's thoughts.

Dru guided his eyes back to her. "She belongs to you. She is your's to have. No one can take her away from you." She stopped her words long enough to grab. Spike's attention so he would know the importance of what she was about to say. "At least not until the baby is born."

"What do you mean?"

Dru stood up and seemed to drift across the room towards Buffy. She circled the Slayer, letting her hands hover over her. She then glanced back at Spike and smiled wickedly at him before turning her attention to a shelf lined with pictures.

"Everything will be back to normal. No more Slayer and her nosy friends," she snarled swatting angrily at a frame that housed a picture of Buffy and the original scoobs. "You won't taste of ashes, daddy will come home..."

"Angelus?"

Dru began to sway back and forth, closing her eyes and mumbling something
softly under her non-breath. "Things will be as they once were. Evil...dark...normal."

"You call this normal?" Spike asked, banging his fist roughly against his chest. "My heart is beating Dru. There is nothing normal about that."

Dru opened her eyes and giggled. She tugged her bottom lip between her teeth and leered at Spike with eyes full of mischief, like she knew something he didn't.

"Fix it," she repeated.

"How?" Spike wondered, watching her as she returned to his side.

"The baby."

"Wha...?"

She silenced him with a gentle finger over his mouth. Her gaze drifted down to his lips and slowly she started to lower her head. Their mouths connected and an all-consuming need crashed over them.

Spike pulled Dru close to him, crushing her with his powerful arms and devouring her with his gentle lips.

Dru pulled away, letting her head fall back as Spike trailed his mouth down along her throat.

"Yes, Spike. Don't fight it. Take her. Make her yours. Make her beg for you, ache for you." she commanded, running her fingers through the hair at his nape. "And, in the end."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Spike?"

Spike jerked his body violently away from the warm hand that was touching him. He glared around the room hastily, trying once again to assess where he was. Then he remembered. Dru had been here, in his arms, telling him to...

"Buffy?" He said.

She was kneeling in front of him. Her body placed conveniently between his thighs. When had she woken up? How long had she been staring at him?

"Are you okay?" She asked gently. "I've been calling your name for the last five minutes, but you didn't respond."

Spike stared at her, letting his eyes travel from her mouth, down the smooth column of her throat and finally to the heaving chest just inches away from his crotch. He nearly groaned from the increasing tightness forming between his legs.

"Spike...?"

Buffy yelped when Spike yanked her toward him. Her startled cry swiftly changed to that of a moan when his lips covered her own. She swung her arms around the back of his neck and tightened their hold. Her tongue crept out to touch his as the ferocity of the kiss increased. The moan still rolling around in her throat changed once again, this time to a satisfied sigh as one of his hands made its way under her shirt and closed around a firm breast.

TBC...............
Disappear by Annastasia
Chapter 27: "Disappear”

Rated: NC17


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Spike stared at her, letting his eyes travel from her mouth, down the smooth column of her throat and finally to the heaving chest just inches away from his crotch. He nearly groaned from the increasing tightness forming between his legs.

"Spike...?"

Buffy yelped when Spike yanked her toward him. Her startled cry swiftly changed to that
of a moan when his lips covered her own. She swung her arms around the back of his neck and tightened their hold. Her tongue crept out to touch his as the ferocity of the kiss increased. The moan still rolling around in her throat changed once again, this time to a satisfied sigh as one of his hands made its way under her shirt and closed around a firm breast.

Spike started to pull at her shirt with his free hand, pushing it up higher until more of her
warm skin was exposed for him to touch. He felt her tremble in his arms when his tongue darted out to touch hers. That was exactly the reaction he wanted from her because it helped fuel the fire that was currently residing inside himself and gave him the courage to do what he knew he had to do.

Buffy pulled away from him, breaking their kiss in the process, to help him disrobe her
shirt form her body. Immediately she went back to kissing him, ignoring the little
conscious in the back of her head reminding her that so many questions and uncertainties were still floating around in the air. All that she cared about was having Spike touch her again. This was wrong she knew it. But, there was a certain number of times she could tell herself that before finally she just didn't give a damn. And, apparently that number was met because right now she really did not give a damn.

"Turn around," Spike mumbled before settling his hands on Buffy's waist urging her to
twist around.

Buffy slowly spun around on her knees until her stomach came into contact with the edge of the coffee table and her back was facing Spike. She felt him push off the couch and settle himself behind her so his body was pressed firmly against her own. Her breath caught in her throat when she felt him start to pull up her skirt. Things were really starting to get out of control now. Finding some semblance of control within her Buffy managed to speak.

“Spike stop,” She heard herself moan all the while grinding back into Spike's hand, which was now running between her thighs.

Spike ignored her protest, which seemed to be becoming a habit to him lately, and
continued his exploration of her silky, smooth skin. He took the time to enjoy its texture, its feel, only because he knew this would be the last time he would ever touch it. Unless she did what he asked tonight, then there would be many more times. Lots of times for him to enjoy the splendor that was Buffy.

Spike trailed his hand over the expanse of her bottom, running his hands over the rosy
cheeks not covered by he thong she had on. His shaft throbbed angrily from the confines of his jeans, begging to be released and buried inside something warm. Spike held off though. He wanted to take his time. Needed to take his time in order to make Buffy weak enough so he could go through with his plan.

Buffy realized after two minutes of moaning and panting on her part that Spike was not
going to stop any time soon. A smile spread across her face because deep inside she was glad he wasn't. Ever since there last time together there had been this emptiness inside of her. This longing. The longing she felt wasn't for him but instead for what he had to offer. Something that she seemed to be crazing a lot of lately.

Spike had long stopped his assessment of her ass and was now running his hand up the small of her back and pushing her down towards the coffee table.

Buffy lowered her body just enough over the coffee table and stretched her arms out in
front of her to grip the edges.

Spike bunched her skirt up above her hips, giving him free access to her lower half. He
leisurely pulled her panties over her hips and down her thighs, leaving them pooled around her bent knees. Then he finally reached down to free his erection. His fingers tore at the bottom of his jeans and jerked down the zipper, allowing the swollen member to spring free.

Buffy bit into her lower lip when she felt Spike's shaft poke her from behind. Her grip on
the coffee table tightened as she waited for him to enter her. Instead of the soft cool feel
of his shaft she instead felt one cold, rough finger glide over her center lazily. She inhaled sharply when his finger flicked her clit and then quickly abandoned it to run along her folds. Buffy was growing increasingly frustrated with this tedious process. Usually their fucking was along the ‘wham bam’ line, but right now it seemed to be all about pleasure building up to release. She didn't want that. She wanted the release without all the petting he was currently doing. What he was doing right now only made it that much harder to face the fact that she was about to let Spike screw her yet again.

Spike continued to stroke her warmth with his hand, letting his finger slide in and out of
her every so often. With his other hand he reached around to her front to cup one free
breast in his palm. He tested its weight, squeezed it gently, and tweaked the nipple that
had formed into a bud from his prior ministrations. He heard mewling sounds being
emitted from Buffy and knew that she was close to being in the perfect state before he
would start driving into her. His demon was also pushing its way forth, begging to be able to fuck this tasty morsel. He could feel his demon responding to the position Buffy was currently in. The animalistic nature of her pose made it much more forceful in its fight to take control. Spike however held it off, knowing that if it came out to soon Buffy would push him away before he had a chance to complete what he intended to do.

Spike moved so his body leaned over Buffy’s. His chest pressed firmly against her back, his thighs closely touching hers until he was completely draped over her. The hand that had been fondling her was now holding his erection. He ran his hand over it, coating it with the juices left on his fingers from her quim. Then gingerly he situated it near her opening. But instead of thrusting forward and embedding himself like he knew his demon and Buffy wanted, he started to kiss his way up her back and over her shoulder until his face was near hers.

“I know you're wondering why I'm taking so long,” he whispered into her ear. “It's only
because I realize this will be the last time we do this. This is the last time we'll both be
able to touch each other without it meaning anything.”

Buffy stiffened at his words. “What?” She asked, turning her head slightly to look at him.

“Shh,” he told her, kissing her softly along the ear and then pushing inside of her.

Buffy curled her fingers around the wood edging of the table as Spike continually
pounded into her from behind. Why it still hurt every time he entered her she didn't know. But, for some reason she could already feel her walls throbbing from his intrusion.

Spike held himself over her with his left hand placed beside hers, holding onto the table.
His other hand was still holding her breast as a way to press her back into him while he
drove into her.

Buffy found herself matching Spike’s rhythm and thrusting back into him to send him
deeper and harder into her. She could hear grunting beside her and knew that it was Spike who had his head resting against her shoulder. She ground her teeth together and released her own little grunts when Spike started to hit that perfect spot that sent shivers all through her lower half. Her orgasm was fast approaching.

Spike found himself using all of his energy not on the Slayer, but on his demon. His demon was ready to come forth and was refusing to wait any longer. But, Spike knew it wasn't time yet. He had to wait until she was weak from her orgasm when he knew all rationale would leave her body. He fought hard to keep the demon in check, letting it know that it didn't have to wait much longer as he felt Buffy’s walls beginning to flutter around him.

“Ugh,” Buffy groaned as she thrust back harder into Spike. She was almost there. So
close. “Oh.....,” There. “....god, yes.”

“Yes....yes....yes,” she started to pant over and over as she came down from her first high.

Spike however held off his release and finally allowed his demon to take over.

Buffy felt Spike shift above her and his lips brush alongside her ear.

“You're mine.” He mumbled, nuzzling her ear with his nose. “Tell me you're mine.”

Spike remembered Drusilla saying Buffy was his, but he needed to hear her say it. His
demon wouldn't be satisfied until the claim Dru declared him to have over Buffy was done right.

Buffy blinked past the fog inhibiting her brain long enough to hear Spike’s demand. Her
mouth opened to say ‘no’, but no words came out. It was almost like her voice had
disappeared, because not only was she not able to speak, she was no longer moaning or groaning aloud.

Spike pulled himself and Buffy into a semi-upright position, their bodies still somewhat
bent over the table while his left hand still held him up. His thrusts into her became harder and faster. The hand that was still on her breast started to knead and squeeze the globe roughly.

Buffy barely managed to keep herself steady with the one hand gripping the table that held her up. Her other hand snaked up her body to cover the hand massaging her breast. She too started to play, loving the extra pressure her hand, along with Spike’s, placed on her sensitive breast. Her head rolled to the side and came to rest against Spike’s shoulder. A tiny gasp escaped her lips when she felt his cool lips running over her flushed skin. Spike was everywhere around her. He was inside her. Tasting her. Touching her. Her body started to give into the sensations again and she shook as her second orgasm started to build deep within her.

“You like that?” Spike asked, his eyes looking down at her chest to the tiny hand covering his. “No need to answer, pet. I can feel that you do.” He turned his head to regard her.

“Tell me you're mine,” he found himself demanding once again. He buried his nose in her hair, inhaling that sweet vanilla scent that was pure Buffy. “I know your body is mine. I can sense how you crave me even when I'm not around. You burn for me like I burn for
you, don't you?” His lips grazed along her jawbone, moving towards her mouth. “Just tell
me you're mine, Buffy. You know you want to.”

Buffy turned her head away form his, refusing to let his lips touch hers. Her eyes fluttered shut as her body shook violently. As the tremors subsided she went limp, falling forward onto the coffee table her arms no longer supporting her.

Spike allowed Buffy to slip out of his arms. His now free hands found purchase on her
hips and used them to force her roughly back to meet his powerful thrusts. His demon was not happy that she refused to acknowledge his hold over her. And the fury he was
unleashing now was in part form the demon's anger. His nails dug into her soft flesh,
ignoring the fact that he might be hurting her. His pelvis hit her with such force his body
vibrated every time it made contact with hers. With one final plunge his body jerked
forward to fall over hers and he roared his release, slamming his hands hard onto the
surface of the table.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Buffy awoke to find herself snug in her warm bed. Her body was still tingling from her
earlier bout with Spike and a smile creep over her features as the memories invaded her
mind. It had been wonderful, well at least until he demanded she announce she was his.
Why in the hell he thought she would was beyond her. Besides she didn't really care. All that mattered right now was sleep, a long peaceful sleep.

“Where is it?” A harsh voice growled from beside her.

Buffy opened her eyes and jerked her head to the side. Fear instantly poured into her veins when she saw Drusilla laying on the bed next to her.

“What are you doing here?” She asked secretly trying to reach over to her nightstand for a nice, long wooden stake. Her blood froze with panic when she realized her hands weren't moving. And, neither were her other limbs. She lifted her head, moving it form side to side and up and down only to find that nothing was binding her down. But, still she couldn't move.

“Bad girl, not play fair,” Dru spat, rolling off the bed. “ Doesn't play by the rules. Hiding
princess’s toys without her knowing.”

“This is a dream,” Buffy told herself. “This is all just one bad dream and any second I will wake up in my own room alone.”

Dru walked over to the foot of the bed. “Spike promised mummy her toy, but you took it
from him. Crept inside his head. Everything has gone blurry.”

Buffy stared up at the vampiress standing before her, all the while tugging her hands,
hoping maybe whatever was keeping her bound would break.

“Just tell me what you want Dru,” she spoke, catching the quick movement of Dru
walking over to the side of the bed. “Maybe then we can both find what you're looking for a lot faster.” Not the brightest of ideas, but maybe her luck was running high today and Spike's insane ex would fall for it.

Dru held her index finger up and ticked it back and forth. “Wicked slayer. The birdie tells me not to sing.”

Or maybe not.

Dru crawled up the bed to sit near Buffy’s abdomen. “Look deeper Miss Edith tells me.
Whisper in my ear she does. ‘Look towards the heavens,’ she says. But, sun's to bright
and hurts my eyes.”

Dru lifted one hand and placed it over Buffy’s stomach. With a quick swipe of her hand
the shirt covering Buffy flew up to bunch under her breast, revealing a firm midriff. Dru
then dangled her finger over the area in which Buffy’s belly button lay. Slowly she lowered it until the very tip rested almost within the hole.

“A baby cries in my head, but its not there. It hides where I can't see it.”

Buffy listened to Dru ramble on and on about a baby, all the while her eyes remained glued to the finger barely touching her stomach. She swallowed forcefully when the finger started to move upwards and her belly seemed to move with it. Her eyes grew wide as she saw what used to be her flat stomach become the size of a watermelon.

“Stop,” Buffy pleaded without knowing what was going to happen next, but fearing it just
the same.

“One little peek,” Dru said, placing the tip of her finger near the top of Buffy’s stomach.
Her long nail rooted itself under her skin then slowly started to slice through the bulging belly until it reached its underside near Buffy’s center.

Buffy opened her move to scream but no sound came out. It was then that she realized she wasn't even in pain at all. Her gaze drifted towards her middle, and where she thought there would be blood there was none. In fact her stomach wasn't even huge anymore, it had returned to its normal size. Relief flooded through her and she feel back onto her pillow, letting out a contented sigh. Her relief was short-lived when she heard Dru talking.

“No baby,” Dru whispered, her voice sounding childlike. “Doesn’t matter. In the end all
will be the way it was. In the end....”

~~~~~~~~~~

Buffy clutched the hospital gown tightly in her fist. Her legs hung over the side of the
hospital bed as she waited for Dr. Morris to arrive.

Ever since she had woken up from the horrible dream she knew something was wrong
with the baby. What exactly she didn’t know. All she knew was that Dru’s words had
chilled her to the bone. Of course she could easily write it off as having nothing to do with her, but when Dru had said the baby had disappeared she just knew it was directed to her in some way. The door clicking open brought Buffy out of her reverie as she saw Dr. Morris step into the room.

“Hello, Buffy.” The Doctor greeted, coming over to the bed. “What seems to be the
emergency?”

Buffy blushed with embarrassment over her panic during the phone call with one of Dr.
Morris’s nurses. She had probably scared the nurse to death with her screams of worry.

“I’m sorry I worried your staff like that,” Buffy apologized. “It’s just I woke up this
morning and I had this weird feeling that something was wrong. I didn’t know what to do
and you said I could call anytime I had a problem.”

Dr. Morris waved her hand dismissively. “It's perfectly all right that you called Buffy. You
know you’re body better then anyone else and if you feel that there is something wrong
then I have no problem fitting you in without an appointment.”

“Thank you.”

“Now, what seems to be the problem?”

Buffy dropped her eyes as she answered. “I don't know exactly.” She lifted her head
slowly before saying what she said next. “I was hoping you could do one of those things
where you look at the baby on screen and listen to its heart and stuff.”

“An ultrasound?”

“Yes.”

“Sure,” Dr. Morris said, giving Buffy a reassuring smile and rubbing her arm gently. “Let
me go get Patty and we'll get started.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Twenty minutes later Buffy found herself lying back on the bed with her gown pushed up
over her stomach and a blanket covering her from the hips down. A gooey, cold substance had been smeared onto her skin and now Dr. Morris was running a hand held contraption all over the region of her stomach, her eyes trained on the screen situated at an angle near the bed Buffy was lying on.

“Hmm.” Buffy heard Dr. Morris. mumble under her breath. Buffy glanced at the fuzzy
black and white screen then back at Dr. Morris

“What is it? Is something wrong?”

Dr. Morris ignored her and turned her attention to the nurse standing on the other side of
the bed.

“Will you hold this while I work on something?” She asked, indicating to the hand held
contraption.

The nurse took over the task of running the mini scanner over Buffy’s abdomen, while Dr. Morris went to work fidgeting with the ultra sound machine. Finally Dr. Morris turned to face the nurse and regarded her with a questioning look. The nurse in turn shook her head and shrugged her shoulders.

Buffy was beyond panic now. She was furious. Here she was wondering what was wrong with the baby and no one seemed to want to answer her questions.

“Please tell me what’s going on.”

Dr. Morris walked over to Buffy’s side, blocking Buffy’s view of the monitor.

“Buffy I don't know how to say this,” she began. “Maybe its the machine or maybe we
just aren't looking closely enough.”

“What is it?”

“Your baby isn't appearing on the screen and do you hear that?”

Buffy tuned her ears to the sounds of the room. All she heard was silence. “No.”

“During an ultra sound not only are we able to view the baby, but we are also able to
monitor its heartbeat. Right now there isn't one.”

“What are you trying to say?”

“Well, it appears that you aren't pregnant.”

TBC............
It's There by Annastasia
Chapter 28: "It’s There"

Rated: NC17

Disclaimer: See first chapter

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Buffy walked through the front door of her house just as the sun was setting over Sunnydale. After leaving Dr. Morris’s office, she’d found herself wandering aimlessly around town, still reeling from the news Dr. Morris had given her, trying to let it fully sink in. She couldn’t, no, -wouldn’t- let herself believe she was no longer pregnant. She’d even gone to the drugstore and purchased several pregnancy tests. Sure, they could prove that Dr. Morris had been right, but she hoped that just maybe, they would prove the opposite.

Buffy climbed the stairs up to the second floor slowly, in an almost zombie like state. She made her way to the bathroom near her room and entered it, closing the door softly behind her.

The plastic bag she held in her hand was dropped carelessly to the floor by her feet. Lifting her head, she looked at herself in the mirror. She looked like hell. Her hair was tied loosely into a ponytail, and her clothes seemed to hang off her body like a second skin. Her eyes gave no hint of any emotion, but deep inside she was dying. She knew it was stupid to be so bothered by this, why should she care that she no longer carried Spike’s baby? She should be rejoicing, celebrating the fact that she had her normal life back. But then again, nothing about her life was normal in the first place. Maybe that’s what it was. That the baby, her baby, had made her feel normal, that the life that had once been growing inside of her showed her that she could reproduce like every other woman. It made her feel normal, not unique, not like the Slayer. And now it was gone and she was once again the Slayer with nothing to live for- only everything to die for.

Buffy gripped the edge of the counter and lowered her head. She closed her eyes and started to take short, deep breathes. She felt sick. Nauseous. Why did this have to happen to her?

Buffy still had her head lowered and was so deep in her own thoughts that she didn’t hear the door open. Not until she felt a cool hand against her flesh did her eyes open and her head lift up. She looked in the mirror to see who it was, and then realized how pointless the action was, she knew who the hand belonged to and said person would not be reflected in the mirror.

Buffy stood unmoving as the hand on her arm moved around her waist, coming to rest just under her breasts. She should stop him, but she really wanted his touch right now- needed his touch. Her eyes focused on her image in the mirror and she watched as the hem of her shirt was slowly lifted to reveal her stomach. Her eyes closed once more as the hand returned to her skin, this time resting directly on her abdomen. A soft sigh escaped her lips as a gentle kiss was placed on her neck. She moved her head to the side, giving him better access. He kissed his way down the curve of her neck, then back up to the area just below her ear. The hand that had remained dormant on her abdomen started to move its way further up until it came into contact with one firm globe and closed around it.

Now it was time to end this before it got to far.

"Spike…not now." Buffy said, her voice sounding unconvincing even to herself.

"I can’t," Spike told her, kissing her along her jaw line now. "Can’t stop touching you. Don’t wanna."

Buffy whimpered. Maybe she should give in? Let herself feel something, anything, other than what she was feeling now? But, no she couldn’t. She had to tell him. He had a part in this too, and he had the right to know that the baby was gone.

Before Buffy could say anything at all, Spike stopped his ministrations. He’d caught sight of the bag on the floor and he detangled his hand from around her to reach down for it. Lifting it up close to his chest, he opened it up and peered inside.

"Wha’s this for?" He asked, taking a box out and holding it up.

Buffy turned to answer him. She took the box out of his hand and set it on the counter beside the sink. Keeping her head down, she began.

"Spike," she began, "early this morning, or maybe it was late last night, I had this dream. When I woke up, I had this funny feeling about the baby."

Spike’s grip on the bag loosened and it dropped back to the floor. He stared at her intently, waiting for her to continue with the story. Deep down, he did not like the feeling that this was giving him.

"I went to see Dr. Morris and she did an ultrasound." She paused before beginning again. "So they could see the baby, monitor its heart rate, tell if everything is progressing the way it should-"

"I know what they are, Slayer," Spike sighed. "Just get ta’ the point."

Spike knew he had sounded harsh just then, but he was fast approaching the point of not caring. There was something wrong and she wasn’t telling him. He just wanted to know what it was, without all the lengthy storytelling.

"There is no point," Buffy admitted.

Spike furrowed his brows at this. He gestured to the bag on the floor and asked, "Then wha’s with all this?"

"The baby didn’t show up on the ultrasound. Dr. Morris didn’t know if something was wrong with the machine or if-" She bit her knuckle for a long moment, swallowing the sob that threatened to escape. "She didn’t flat out say it, but I’m pretty sure she thinks I’m not pregnant."

"Wha'? I mean wouldn’t you know if somethin’ like that were true? Woman instinct an’ all that rot?" Spike insisted. He was trying to understand everything she was saying, but also trying to fight the overwhelming emptiness that seemed to settle like a wet blanket over his body. What if the baby really was gone? What would happen then? Would they go back to being mortal enemies again? Granted, they still were, but after being with her, being in her bed, in her arms, he didn’t know if he wanted to do that. If he could do that. What was he saying? Why should he care if the baby was gone? Wasn’t that what he’d wanted? To go back to the way things had been? Like Dru had said, "In the end, everything will be the way it was." Not like being the father of the Slayer’s child would have been good for the rep. The baby being gone should be a good thing- right?

"That’s why I got the tests," Buffy informed him, "my gut is telling me that Dr. Morris is wrong. But, I won’t know until I take these tests."

"Then take ‘em," Spike told her, reaching around her to grab the box off the counter. He thrust it at her. "Well?" He frowned when she didn’t take it, only stared at the small box in front of her.

"I have to do this alone," She told him, reluctantly taking the box from his grasp, "please go."

"No." Spike argued. "As much as I hate the fact that I am a part of your life now…" He was lying, more and more he was beginning to dislike the idea of no longer being in her life. And it scared him to know that if what she was saying was true, then it would quickly become a reality. "This involves me too."

Buffy sighed roughly. "Spike, I don’t really want you to watch me pee on a stick."

Spike blanched at her statement. That wasn’t something he wanted to see either. As much as he loved seeing her naked and imagining her naked, he wanted to keep that visual as far away from his fantasies as possible.

"Right then," he said, back peddling quickly towards the door. "I’ll just be…waitin’ in your room."

Buffy watched as Spike opened the bathroom door and slipped out into the hallway. When he was gone she turned to face the mirror again. Glancing down at the package in her hand she let out a weary sigh.

"Have to face this sometime," She told herself before ripping open the box.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

An hour later and Spike was still sitting on the Slayer’s bed, waiting. He’d been able to hear her in the bathroom, moving around, for the past forty minutes. But, at the forty minute mark, everything had grown silent. He had waited, like he said he would, for her to come get him, tell him the news. She still hadn’t come. And the wait was about to drive him mad. Finally his impatience got the better of him and he bolted off the bed and stomped his way down the hall to the bathroom. When he reached the door, he pressed his ear to the wood and listened. Tiny, barely audible sobs coming from Buffy were all he needed to yank the door open to find out what was the verdict.

He froze just inside the doorframe as his eyes caught sight of Buffy, curled up on the tile floor by the toilet. His resolve broke. He moved to her quickly and knelt by her side. Brushing a stray hair out of her face he asked, "What is it?"

Buffy unconsciously turned toward him, maneuvering herself until she was nestled against his body. Comfort was what she was seeking, and his was what she craved right now. Who he was and what they were didn’t matter right now. Nothing mattered right now.

"Buffy."

"I don’t know," Buffy whispered into his shirt. "I don’t know."

Spike placed his hands on her upper arms and pushed her back a little, so he could look at her. "Don’t know what, luv?"

"The tests," she managed to get out through her tears. "Positive. Negative. Positive. Negative." She mumbled over and over.

Spike cursed under his breath. He yanked Buffy up to her feet, ignoring the protest that came from the woman still trying to burrow herself into his chest. He should have done this a long time ago. Shoulda never trusted science over his own, natural, instinct.

He pushed Buffy up against the wall, gently so as not to hurt her. When he was sure she would remain there, and not fall back to the floor into a fetal position, he knelt in front of her. His hands caught the bottom of her shirt and started to lift, but he was halted by Buffy’s voice.

"Spike, please don’t," She cried, looking down at him with watery eyes.

Spike stared at her for a minute before going back to the task of lifting her shirt. "Trust me…." Was all he said as he placed his ear against her now exposed stomach.

He listened. And listened. And listened, for what seemed like hours. Until finally he heard it. It was faint but it was there. The tiniest heartbeat. He sighed in relief.

Spike pulled down her shirt and straightened up. He hooked his finger under Buffy’s chin and lifted it. Slowly he leaned in and placed the softest kiss on her lips. So many emotions were running through him at that very moment, he was unsure of how he truly felt. But one feeling was very clear. He was happy that their baby was still inside her, growing. He was glad she still had a part of him.

Pulling back and resting his forehead against hers he whispered, "It’s there."

Buffy stopped crying when she heard him. "What?" She asked, afraid she hadn’t heard right.

"The baby."

"You heard?"

"A heartbeat," he assured her. "A tiny heartbeat, beating a mile a minute."

Buffy choked on a sob as it tried to escape her throat, a smile slowly forming on her face. A heartbeat. Spike had heard one, which meant the baby wasn’t gone. She was still pregnant. Relief flooded through her at the thought, and she wrapped her arms around Spike’s neck, pulling his body flush with hers. She buried her face into his neck and breathed deeply.

"Thank you." She whispered against his skin. “Thank you.”...
Sun, Moon and Stars by Annastasia
Chapter 29: "Sun, Moon and Stars"

Rated: NC17

Disclaimer: See first chapter

THANKS TO CHLOE.......my WONDERFUL beta reader!!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"What makes you think he's even gonna give us the answers we want?" Spike asked, voice full of irritation. After their moment in the bathroom, things had started to get more intimate and had fast been approaching the 'fall into bed' mode when Buffy had abruptly stopped everything and told him it was time for a Scoobie meeting. Spike had tried to convince her to wait to call Giles about the meeting until after they finished what they’d begun, but alas, he’d failed miserably in his attempts. So, he’d found himself obediently trotting along behind the Slayer as they walked down the halls of Sunnydale High. The lengths he would go to just to get a little romp from the Slayer.

Buffy's mouth set into a thin line filled with determination. The very same question had been running through her mind during the drive. Only one answer seemed to fit.

"’Cause if he doesn't, then I'm going to force it out of him. Very, very slowly."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Ah, Buffy," Giles greeted when his petite Slayer burst through the swinging doors. "And Spike." He added a moment later, his voice sounding a little perplexed when he noticed the bleached vamps entrance.

"Where is he?" Buffy asked, as she stalked over to the wooden table just below the stacks and throwing her bag onto it.

Giles removed his glasses and regarded her with a speculative air. "Angel went to pick him up. He should be here any moment."

Buffy nodded her head. "Good. That gives me time to fill all of you in."

Spike, who had remained by the checkout counter near the door, kept his gaze on Buffy as she relayed the recent events to her friends and watcher. His gaze drifted up and down the length of her, taking in every curve and crevice. Was it wrong to want to take her right now in front of her friends? He wondered. To throw her on top of the table where her friends sat and pound into her until she screamed his name in ecstasy? Or maybe take her into her watchers office and do it on the desk? Yeah, that sounded kinky. Right where the watcher did the research on killing his kind. Taint everything holy the council stood for by screwing one of their slayers on top of their very books, papers, and journals… Not a bad idea, not a bad idea at all. Now, if he could just get her…

"Spike?"

Spike snapped free of his trance at the sound of his name being called. He blinked languidly and found the whole Scooby gang starting at him. He noticed the peeved off look on the Slayer's face and instantly knew that he had been caught leering at her.

"Wha’?"

"I asked if you’d had any further dreams with Drucilla in them?" Giles repeated.

Spike shook his head in response. "Nah, none that I can remember."

Giles shifted his gaze to the ground, contemplating Spike's answer. He started to pace back and forth, holding his chin in his hand. He stopped his pacing long enough to look over at Spike once more.

"Are you sure you haven't had any? No dreams or visions of the sort?"

"Nope." Spike lied. Well, it wasn't really a lie. When Dru’d last come to him it had been while he’d been wide-awake, conscious. So, technically he wasn't lying.

"Odd."

"Buffy, what do you think Druscilla meant?" Willow asked.

"I don't know. And that’s why I called the meeting. I want you guys to help me interrogate Ramone," Buffy informed them, "I think it's about time he started giving us answers and not all this garbage about how knowing the truth will destroy the future."

"He said that?" Giles asked.

"What he said doesn't matter," Buffy told them, staying on the current topic for once, "what matters is that both Spike and I deserve some answers."

"Spike?" Xander cried incredulously, gesturing wildly towards him. "Spike doesn't deserve any help from us, remember? He’s tried to kill us - several times I might add! He's failed every time, but still, trying ranks right up there with reasons to not care about Spike!"

"Xander," Buffy sighed. "Can we please go one day without you bringing up your intense dislike for Spike?"

"Yes," Cordy cried out. "I second that notion, Buffy," she said, her eyes drifting over to her boyfriend and narrowing into thin slits. "I have to hear it every second of every day, so getting a break from it would suit me just fine."

Spike smirked at the brunette's bluntness towards Xander. At least one member of the Scoobie gang seemed halfway sane.

"Now that that is all cleared up," Giles spoke up, "let's get back to more important things at hand. Spike?" He shifted his attention back to the vampire. "When was the last time you had a dream about Druscilla?"

Spike groaned in annoyance. "Slayer, I thought we were comin'ere to get answers. Not be harassed by your watcher."

"Spike, it is imperative that you tell us everything, like Buffy has."

"And why should I tell you lot anythin’?"

"For the sake of your child," Giles told him seriously.

Spike flinched slightly at Giles's remark. His child. He had to admit it did feel weird hearing someone say it for the first time. Never in a million years would he have pictured someone saying that to him, let alone it being the truth. It was though. And it being said out loud only embedded it that much deeper into his brain that he was going to be a father.

"I had a dream about 'er last night," Spike admitted reluctantly.

"Really?" Giles asked, bit surprised that Spike was cooperating. "Can you tell us what happened? What she said?"

"I don't know. She appeared, said a few things, then she left. 'S really all a blur." He spoke cautiously as six pairs of eyes remained riveted on him.

Just then Angel and Ramone came through the swinging doors, drawing all attention away from Spike. Angel paused mid-stride for a moment, drinking in the tension that loomed in the air. He noticed Buffy standing off to the side, her arms crossed over her chest, head hanging low. The others seemed preoccupied with Spike, with Giles standing almost directly in front of the vamp who had a pissed off look on his face.

"What's going on?" He asked, making his way over to Buffy. He placed a gentle hand on her shoulder, drawing her attention to him. "Did something happen?"
Buffy didn't answer him. Instead she shifted her attention to the man she had been waiting to question. She gently pushed Angel away and walked over to Ramone.

"Ramone."

"Buffy."

"I think now is the time for you to start talking," Buffy told him point blank. "And, I have an idea that you already know what I'm referring to."

"Deltoton." Ramone stated simply.

"Okay, that was so not what I was talking about," Buffy spoke up after a moment of confusion.

"No it wasn't…" Ramone agreed, side-stepping around Buffy to make his way further into the room. "You want me to tell you about the baby, right?"

"Yes."

"Then Deltoton is your answer."

"Deltoton," Giles repeated aloud, "I do believe that is a demon from the Old Ages."

"A demon?"

"Yes. There are many recorded incidents of them torturing their victims with hot irons. They would gouge their eyes out to ensure the last thing they ever saw in their existence was the horrible face of the thing killing them. Or in some cases the death of a loved one," Giles explained while removing his glasses to clean them. "Are you sure this relates to Buffy's situation?" Giles inquired towards Ramone, placing his glasses back on his nose.

"This is the answer to Buffy's problem?" Xander spoke up suddenly. "A demon with a sick fascination of hot irons."

Spike leapt down off the counter he had been sitting on and approached the Scoobie he loathed more then anything.

"Our baby is not a problem," He voiced through gritted teeth.

"Ooo," Xander moaned mockingly, "when did the Big Bad become all sentimental? Was it before or after your insane ex visited you with a plan to kill Buffy?"

"How did y..?"

"Can we please put aside your petty differences for at least two more hours?!" Giles barked. "Xander, just keep your mouth shut until I say so."

Xander's mouth fell open in shock. "Wha’!? Why are you taking Spike's side? He’s the evil one here. Vampire? Demon? Murderer?" Xander glanced over at Spike before adding, "Soulless. Ring any bells?”

"I am telling you to keep quite because it is your mouth that has caused the most disruptions today." Giles justified through gritted teeth.

A huge smirk appeared on Spike's face after hearing the Watcher's words. He couldn't think of a more beautiful sight then the look of the whelps face at that moment. Okay, maybe he could think of one. The one that happened to be standing a few feet away from him.

"Why don't you finish what you were going to tell us Ramone," Spike suggested after noting the impatient look on the Slayers face.

"Deltoton is known as a demon," Ramone clarified. "But, that particular Deltoton has nothing to do with your baby."

"I don't understand. How many Deltoton demons are there?"

"The Deltoton I am referring to is neither demon nor human. To be more precise the Deltoton I am speaking of existed before man, before demon, before any form of life existed on our humble planet."

"Oh, oh," Willow started to groan fitfully, raising her hand and waving it above her head.

Giles lifted his head to the ceiling and rolled his eyes. "Yes, Willow. What is it?"

"The universe," she said. "Deltoton exists in the universe."

Ramone graced Willow with a crooked smile. "That is exactly right."

The smile on Willow's face grew ten times bigger as she began to bounce happily in her seat. She looked over at Oz and giggled when he winked at her.

"That's my girl," Oz bragged, "the brains of the group."

"Do you know anything more about it?" Ramone asked quickly deflating Willows high.

"No." Willow simply answered before lowering her head.

Buffy cleared her throat loudly. "Can we please get on with this? I do still have to patrol tonight."

"What!?" Angel blurted out.

Buffy grumbled something under her breath before turning to address the vamp. "I. Am. Going. On. Patrol. Tonight," She spoke slowly so he could hear her clearly.

"No you're not."

"Excuse me?" Buffy stared at him incredulously.

Angel met her gaze for several long tension filled moments before making a visible attempt to calm down and explain his outburst. She had to know that tempting fate by patrolling was something she shouldn't be doing right now. "You shouldn't patrol in your condition."

Buffy shook her head, hoping maybe that she hadn't heard Angel clearly and that he wasn't telling her to not do her job as the Slayer.

"I’m sorry, did you just tell me not to do my job?"

"Buffy things are getting more and more dangerous for you. We still don't know for sure what’s going on with your baby. If it does have something to do with an apocalypse, then it might be best if you stay clear of demons for awhile."

"It’s my job."

"It could be your life."

Spike clenched his jaw in anger. "I don't think its your place to tell Buffy wha' she can and cannot do."

Angel glanced over at his Childe. "This doesn't concern you, Spike. I know you don't care about Buffy's safety so I'm not going to try and ask you to understand where I am coming from."

"Ugh, how many times do I have to say it," Buffy groaned in frustration. "This does concern Spike. Everything that happens from now on concerns him."

Spike smiled smugly, a sense of pride washing over him at Buffy's declaration.

Angel stepped closer to Buffy. "He doesn't care about you Buffy. You have to know that."

Buffy closed her eyes and inhaled softly. "I do, Angel. I do," she told him before opening her eyes again to look up at him. "But, he is a part of my life now."

"Who says he has to be?” Xander said from where he was sulking in his seat. He had been listening anxiously to the conversation at hand and trying desperately not to add his two cents.

"Argh!" Buffy groaned again, throwing her hands up in the air. "That’s it! I thought I could come here and get the support from my friends that I needed, but obviously that isn't how it’s going to go."

"What do you expect from us Buffy?" Xander spoke up again. "To welcome Spike with open arms just because he's the father of your child?"

"I don't need any welcome from you whelp…" Spike scoffed.

"I’m leaving to patrol," Buffy said, holding a finger up towards Angel when she noticed he was about to speak. "Spike is coming with me, so don't say anything about me putting myself in danger."

"Buffy-" Angel started to protest.

"Goodnight, everyone. I'll talk to you tomorrow."

Everyone watched silently as Buffy pushed her way through the swinging doors, Spike following closely behind. After they were both gone and a few moments of silence had passed, Angel looked over his shoulder at Giles.

"I'm following them."

Giles nodded his head. "Yes, I think that would be wise. I wouldn’t let them see you though…Buffy is emotional right now and I think it would only make things worse..."

Ramone gave a quick nod to Angel as the vampire passed him to leave. He then heard the Watcher clear his throat loudly and glanced in the man’s general direction.

"Ramone," Giles said, pulling his glasses off to be cleaned once again. "Why don't you finish telling us about this Deltoton..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Slayer, slow down," Spike called out, moving quickly to catch up to the petite blonde who was making her way through the cemetery with the greatest of ease. "'Aven't run into any baddies yet. So, what's the big hurry?"

"That's the problem," Buffy replied snidely, "I want to kill something." She pulled a stake from one of her many hiding places and positioned it in her hand pointy end out. "I need to kill something!" She added, spinning around and almost running into Spike who had finally caught up with her.

"Whoa there, luv," Spike cautioned, his eyes glued to the stake not three inches from his heart. "Wouldn't want to kill the man who gives you pleasure."

"God, Spike. Why do you have to be so perverse all the time?"

"I'm only sayin’…"

Buffy turned away from him again and began to walk deeper into the cemetery. She could hear Spike right beside her, his steps mimicking her own. She wanted to tell him to go away, to stay away from her for awhile. Everything was becoming so confusing and to have him constantly by her side made it hard for her to process it all. But she needed him there. She wanted him there, no matter how wrong it was. He was the only one who seemed to understand where she was coming from. How hard it was for her to except all that was happening. And though they might be on opposite ends of the spectrum, they found themselves in the same boat, with the same mixed emotions.

"God, why does everything have to be so confusing?" Buffy mumbled aloud, hoping to peak Spike's interest and get him to talk.

Spike furrowed his brows at her remark, but kept his steps right along side hers while he asked, "How so, luv?"

"I've known one thing my whole life, well almost my whole life. Maybe more my whole pre-teen life," Buffy began to stray before quickly getting back on track. "The thing I was always sure of was the way of life. Boy is born. Boy grows up. Boy meets girl. Boy and girl get married; have lots of little babies together. Then boy and girl die."

Spike stole a sideways glance at her, wondering to himself where exactly she was going with this.

"Until along comes this guy named Merrick," Buffy continued, pausing for a moment to remember her first watcher. "Not exactly the boy I wanted to have enter my life, but nonetheless there he was. You see, I knew meeting people would always change my life in some way, but I’d never imagined that my whole thought process would be royally screwed up."

"Um, pet," Spike interrupted, "not exactly sure where you’re goin' with this."

Buffy stopped abruptly, causing Spike to almost trip over his own feet as he came to a halt himself.

"My point is that ever since I found out I was the Slayer, things have been different. I accept things differently. I was content with the fact that my life was different from others. I wouldn't be that girl who meets boy and has children. No. I was going to be the girl who saved that girl so she could meet the boy and have children."

"Once again you're losin' me."

"And, then you and I…we...Willow's spell causes us to..."

"Shag like bunnies?" Spike supplied, his lip curling up at one end.

Buffy sighed roughly. "Which causes some kind of a miracle to happen-"

Spike lowered his head, his eyes falling to the ground briefly before looking back up at her. "You think our baby is a miracle?"

"Of course!" she cried out. "How can it not be a miracle when it involves a vampire and a Slayer?"

"Hmm…"

"But, that's what I thought. Now...now, I just think it’s another reason given to me to prove how un-normal my life is."

"I don't-" Spike began, but was quickly interrupted by Buffy.

"When I found out I was pregnant," Buffy explained, a dreamy smile forming on her face, "this feeling of contentment washed over me. I mean, it wasn't all roses and sunshine because I knew you were they father..."

"Gee, thanks"

"But just the fact that I was doing what woman are supposed to do, that I was growing this life to walk on this earth and maybe one day live that normal life I always -will always- dream of, made me the happiest I've ever felt."

"Hey now," Spike said lightly touching her face with his finger, "you do realize that you are still growin' that life inside you."

"Its not the same."

"How so?"

"Our baby wasn't produced from love or any other normal way that most babies are conceived from. Ours was brought about by The Powers that Be. Those big guys in the sky hoping to avert another world ending by giving it to me. A Slayer."

"Well…I don't know wha' to say to that. Except you are as normal as any girl I've ever come across, in the five minutes I talked t' them, and somethin' tells me this baby is going t'be normal to."

Buffy stifled a laugh, covering her mouth quickly in an attempt to restrain herself from bursting into the giggles.

Spike rolled his eyes at her as she continued to bite back her laughter. He had no idea what was so funny about what he’d just said. All he was trying to do was help her and now she was laughing at him? Once again it proved that becoming a poof was not his style and he should just stick to the big bad persona he carried so well. "What's so funny?"

"I’m sorry," Buffy apologized after finally calming herself. "It's just…you think this child is going to be normal?"

"Maybe."

"Even with you being a vampire?"

"Need I remind you o' the little problem I 'ave now that makes me a little less vampire…" Spike growled, grabbing hold of her hand and yanking it towards his chest.

Buffy's mouth fell open when she felt the softest beat against her palm. Her eyes were glued to her hand covering his chest where his dead heart was supposed to be. She had forgotten all about it. After the false alarm of her not being pregnant, it had completely slipped her mind.

"I may not be the normal Joe Schmoe you’re looking' for," Spike bit out through clinched teeth, "but don't you think I'm a little bit closer t' being that than Angel is?"

Buffy jerked her hand free at his harsh words. "Don't you dare compare yourself to Angel," she warned, glaring at him angrily, "there’s a world of difference between you two."

Spike smirked, catching his bottom lip between his teeth as he eyed her up and down. "Yeah. I'm the one between your legs, while he's off gettin' more familiar with his five friends," he replied arrogantly, raising his hand and waving his fingers in the air.

"God you're sick." Buffy said, her voice full of loathing. "Why can't you have a normal conversation without being so disgusting?"

"Cause I'm not normal." Spike answered and paused before adding, "Nor are you."

Buffy had her arm back ready to slap him, but was stopped by his powerful hands pinning them to her sides.

"Let me ask you a question," Spike whispered, pulling her closer to him so their lower bodies touched. "Wha'll happen after th' baby’s born?"

"What do you mean?" Buffy asked , refusing to respond to his movements.

"Will you be able t' give me up?"

"I think I can manage," Buffy replied confidently, "to keep what we have hidden until I get tired of you."

Spike jerked his head back, shocked by her answer. He stared at her, noting the glint of humor in her eyes. "What we 'ave?"

Buffy wiggled a little in his arms, creating just enough space for her hands to slip between their bodies.

"You know, I just realized something…" she said, her hands moving a lower as she spoke each word.

Spike shut his eyes, his mind going into overdrive as her hot hands traveled over his body. "Wha's that, luv?"

"I didn't need to kill anything like I thought."

"Yeah?"

"Yeah."

"Well, what do you need then?"

"You."
Interruptions by Annastasia
Chapter 30: Interruptions

Rated: Overall NC 17

Disclaimer: Refer to first chapter please. J

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Well, what do you need then?"

"You," Buffy answered as she slowly leaned forward, closing the distance between their lips.

"Well, well, well-- what have we here?"

Buffy pushed roughly against Spike’s chest, startled by the intruder’s voice. She closed her eyes and prayed silently that it wasn’t someone she knew. Or worse, someone that knew Angel.

Spike hissed angrily, wiping at his bottom lip with the back of his hand. He had accidentally bitten his lower lip when Buffy had shoved him away.

"Bloody bitch," he mumbled under his breath, glancing over at her then down at his hand and checking for any sign of blood.

"Spike," the unknown intruder spoke again. "Do you always speak so affectionately of your kills?"

Spike rolled his eyes heavenward. "She’s not my kill and who the-" he began before finally looking at who the unwelcome intruder was. "Oh, bloody hell," He moaned when he saw who it was.

Buffy cringed inwardly. If Spike wasn’t pleased with who he saw, then it sure as hell couldn’t be good for her. She managed to calm herself and slowly opened her eyes to see who it was that Spike seemed just so happy to see. Relief washed over her when all she saw were three other vampires standing there, one of them standing a few feet from Spike.

"Who are you?" Buffy asked, hoping to alleviate some of her confusion.

The vamp closest to Spike shifted his gaze momentarily away from the peroxide blonde to look at her. His yellow eyes slowly roamed up and down her body, taking in every inch of her as if storing it to memory. His lip curled up in a sneer as his attention once again turned back to Spike.

"Spike, what is a…" he stopped mid-sentence and lifted a finger to his lips. "Oh, what was that word you used once? Ah, yes ‘Big Bad’," he said, lifting his hands into the air and making a quotation gesture with his fingers. "Now, what is a big bad such as yourself doing making out with the Slayer?"

"What are you doing ‘ere?" Spike asked, deliberately avoiding his question.

"I think you know the answer to that question," the leader vamp replied, lowering his eyes to the ground and closing the distance between them a little more. "But, right now I don’t think you’re in a position to be the one asking questions."

Spike snorted at that. "I’m not in a position…You know tha’ the Slayer’s standing no more than two feet from you right now, an’ you think I’m the one that’s not in a position to be askin’ questions?"

"Hello?!" Buffy spoke, her voice sounding more than a little peeved that her earlier question had been ignored. "I think the only person who has the right to ask any questions is the girl with wooden stakes strategically placed all over her body!"

Her statement seemed to work as all attention promptly shifted towards her.

"Now, once again I ask, who are you?"

The as yet unnamed leader clamped a hand over his chest where his undead heart would be. "Buffy you wound me. Do you really not recognize me?" He mocked hurt as he moved away from Spike to stand closer to her.

Buffy crossed her arms over her chest and shot a sardonic smile his way. "You know I hate to break it to you guys. But, you all tend to look the same once the bumpies and fangs are out full force."

"Oh," he said before shaking his head and shifting back to his human guise. "Now do you recognize me."

Buffy gasped softly as she stared at the familiar face of her crush from her preteen years. "Jonathan," she uttered still in shock that he was standing right in front of her and that he was a vampire. Of course she already knew he was, from Spike telling her, but to see it face to face made it a reality and all the more shocking.

"Call me John," he told her.

"Wow," she whispered. "I can’t believe it’s you."

"Well it is," he assured her. "Undead and in the flesh."

"As beautiful as this little reunion is," Spike huffed, angry at how Buffy was acting towards Johnny Boy. "Buffy and I ‘ave to be goin’ now."

"You can go Spike," John spoke up, his gaze never leaving Buffy. "I think Buffy and I have a little catching up to do."

Spike stalked over to Buffy’s side and glared at John. "Buffy and I were in the middle of something."

Spike took a hold of Buffy’s arm and started to lead her away. Buffy, still in shock, refused to take her eyes off John as Spike continued to pull her away.

"Yes, you were," John agreed with a little chuckle. "The Slayer and a vampire - never thought I would live to see that."

Buffy jerked free of Spike and made her way back over to John. She felt Spike try to grab her arm again but yanked it away before stopping in front of John. There was no way she was going to walk away letting John and his minions believe they had interrupted something between her and Spike.

"Listen John, you’re wrong about what you think you saw," she tried to explain. "There was – is – nothing going on between Spike and I."

John smiled down at her. "I know what I saw Buffy," he told her, reaching up to touch the side of her neck. "What I see."

Buffy felt his fingers brush over the scar left by Spike. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath, trying hard not to show him how much it effected her, having someone touch Spike’s mark. It almost felt like she was cheating on him, as strange as that was.

Buffy’s eyes shot open when she heard Spike growl. She saw Spike shove John away before placing himself in front of her.

"Why so angry, Spike?" John asked curiously. "I don’t sense a claim. And, according to her there’s nothing going on between you two."

"Don’t touch her," Spike warned between clenched teeth.

John ignored Spike’s threat, turning his attention back to Buffy. "So, how have you been Buffy?"

"Fine," she replied stepping around Spike so she could see John more clearly. "And yourself?"

"Living the immortal life to its fullest."

"That’s good."

"Although I do hate leaving my lush hotel to come to the slums of Sunnydale in search of my darlin’ sister," he informed her rather bluntly, his eyes drifting over to Spike and fixing him with a glare.

Spike sighed roughly before reaching into his back pocket and pulling out a folded up slip of paper. "You want to know where your sis is?" He asked thrusting the paper into John’s chest. "She’s holed up there. Go fetch her and leave."

John unfolded the piece of paper and read it. He glanced up at Spike and smiled. "Been holding onto this for a reason?"

"Actually I’ve been meaning to throw it away. Just haven’t gotten around to it yet, my mind has been focused on more important things."

"My sister isn’t important to you?" John asked, but smiled before Spike could answer. "You know she’ll be disappointed to hear that."

"I could care less what your-"

"Hey boss."

John looked over his shoulder to see what his minions wanted.

"There’s someone coming," the minion informed him, gesturing with his head towards some trees.

John nodded his head and once again regarded Buffy and Spike. "Well, I guess this is my cue to leave."

"Bout bloody time," Spike mumbled.

"It was nice seeing you again Buffy," John told her. "I hope to run into you again real soon."

"Sure," Buffy agreed then chuckled lightly before adding, "Hopefully I won’t have to kill you next time."

John smiled at her. "We’ll see."

Buffy watched as John disappeared into the darkness followed closely by his minions. During their exchange she had felt something weird happening within her. Almost like her body was trying to warn her somehow. She hadn’t felt the strength of it until he was gone. It still lingered but it was milder now, and she was able to think more clearly. She brushed the feeling off as it being her Slayer senses. After all he was a vampire and that was the only logical explanation for it.

"Wanker." She heard Spike growl beside her.

"He hasn’t changed one bit," Buffy mumbled to herself, but knew that Spike would more than likely hear her.

"Bloody annoying is what he is," Spike commented.

"Well," Buffy said on a sigh. "He’s gone now. And, I’m pretty sure we won’t be seeing him again."

"Ready to finish what we were starting?"

Buffy rolled her eyes when she saw Spike leering at her, his lower lip caught between his teeth. As tempting as it was to continue her earlier romp with Spike, she had lost all interest after seeing John again. Besides, she hadn’t gotten the chance to kill anything, which usually got her in the mood for some other form of rough and tumble.

"I’m going home," she told him and then started to walk away.

"Yeah," Spike agreed, catching up with her. "Might be a good idea to finish it there. Don’t really feel like another interruption."

"I didn’t say you were coming with me."

"But I am."

"No. You’re not."

"Yes. I am."

"No..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Angel watched, hidden behind an Oak tree as Spike and Buffy disappeared into the woods, their bickering turning to silence the further away they got. He had witnessed the exchange between John and Buffy earlier and did not like what he had seen. There was something about that guy that didn’t sit well with him and he wanted to find out why.

He contemplated on whether to follow after him, to see where he went off to. But, Spike and Buffy had prevented that from happening. He didn’t want Buffy to know he had been following her, so he stayed behind in the shadows until they started to head home and then followed them to make sure Buffy got home safely.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


John stretched his limbs as he walked into the secluded house hidden well within the cemetery. It had been easily acquired from an elderly groundskeeper, whose passing had been very much unexpected and all too painful. Of course his end had been near, so John had done him a considerable favor by ending the prolonged misery he was sure to suffer in his dying days.

John smiled proudly to himself as he made his way from the foyer in to the living area where the only piece of furniture that existed after ransacking the place was a single sofa chair. It was the one piece that hadn’t stunk of mothballs and Ben gray when they arrived, so it had been spared from destruction.

John continued his trek across the room towards the built in shelves along the north wall. His prized liquors were placed there when he hadn’t seen a wet bar in the house anywhere. He snatched the neck of the decanter that held one of his finest and popped it open. The amber liquid sloshed around the glass as he carelessly poured it from the bottle. He filled it to the brim, then lifted the glass into the air with his hand. It wasn’t until the glass touched his lips that he realized he was no longer alone.

"We need to work fast," he informed the shadow standing in the doorway. "There’s no claim, but the way he was acting…" the words died on his lips as his mind raced with images of days not yet born. "It won’t be long before he makes one."

He listened as the person moved deeper into the room, light steps sounding loudly as they echoed off the walls.

"I will kill him," he confessed, once again raising the glass to his lips and taking a sip. "One of them has to die. If our plan fails...it will be him."

He heard the person whimper and decided to quickly change the subject.

"But, on a lighter note," he spoke loudly. "When do you plan on letting Spike know of your return?"

"He knows already…" the person answered, emerging from the dark into the moonlight that draped the room.

John’s gaze drifted over the fragile woman standing before him. "How so?"

"Miss Edith."
Feels Like Rain Again by Annastasia
Chapter 31: "Feels like Rain Again"


Las Vegas: One year ago

The two huge maple doors to Jonathan Williams’s penthouse suite burst open with such force the whole hotel seemed to shake. One of the servants who happened to be cleaning the living room right then hurriedly made her escape before her boss made his appearance. She knew from experience to never be in his presence unless called upon, to do otherwise would bring big consequences.

"That mother fucker is going to pay!" Johnny yelled at no one in particular as he stalked across the hardwood floor of his foyer towards his study.

He entered his office and made his way around his desk. He punched the intercom button on his phone and barked an order to the person on the other end. "Get Bryan in here now!"

He released the button and reached over to open a drawer in his desk. His hands shifted through the contents, while his eyes sought out what he was searching for in the drawer. He found what he was looking for and pulled free the vanilla envelope tossing it onto his desk in front of him. He was about to open it when Bryan arrived.

"What’s up boss?" Bryan asked out of breath from rushing to get there.

"Bleached British bastard is what’s up." Johnny replied plopping down into his executive chair. "I go out of my way to help him and what does he do? Fucks my sister and ruins one of the biggest business transactions of my career in the process."

"What do you want me to do?"

"Kill him," Johnny whispered under his breath. "Find him and kill him," he said a little louder this time. "I want to dance the fucking jig in that bastards ashes."

"Can do boss."

Johnny swiveled his chair around to face the floor to ceiling windows that lined one wall of his study. They had a special coating on them that allowed the sunlight to filter through without causing him to burst into flames. He rose from his seat and made his way over to them. He lifted his arm up to lean against them.

"Made me waste all that time looking for his crazy girlfriend…"

"We found her," Bryan informed his boss.

Johnny pushed off the window and spun around to face his most trusted minion. "What did you say?"

"Last night," Bryan elaborated. "We located her finally. Casey and Tad should be arriving with her in the next few hours."

A smile slowly started to form on Johnny’s face. "Well then, this changes everything."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sunnydale: Present Day

Johnny stood behind the dark-haired beauty as she gazed out the window towards the wet streets of the Hellmouth. When it had started raining he wasn’t exactly sure, but it made no difference to him because he wasn’t planning on leaving the house anytime soon. He had things to attend to, plans to prepare for. Any day now both he and Dru would make their presence known to the Slayer and hopefully he would get his best revenge on Spike yet. Dru did not know of the latter and he wasn’t about to tell her either. If she knew then none of this would be worth his time. All he cared about right now was making Spike pay.

"Boss." Johnny heard Bryan speak beside him. "Some of the minions are getting hungry. Since it’s raining and all can I let them free to go hunting? I don’t think most of them can wait until nightfall."

Johnny nodded his head. "Fine. Just make sure they stick close to the sewers in case the sun decides to peek out again."

"Okay."

"Oh, and make sure they stay out of the Slayers sight," Johnny added as a last precaution before Bryan left the room. "Although I am sure she’s preoccupied right now, we ca never be too careful."

"I’ll tell them."

Johnny went back to watching Dru once Bryan had left the room. She was still standing by the window, her body swaying slowly back and forth to the invisible music playing in her head. When he first met her it hadn’t taken him long to figure out why Spike had been so adamant about finding her. She had this alluring quality about her that made you want to care for her despite knowing how powerful she really was.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Las Vegas: One year ago

"So this is the Drusilla," Johnny stated out loud as he eyed the woman through the two-way mirror.

After being informed by Bryan that Casey and Tad had arrived with their cargo, Johnny had had them place her in one of the rooms to his penthouse. He wanted to watch how she reacted to her surroundings before he officially introduced himself. Right now however she wasn’t doing much but standing in the middle of the room facing them and looking straight ahead.

"Why does she have that doll?" Johnny asked, for the first time noticing the doll she held in her arms.

"Don’t know. Wouldn’t let us take it from her that’s for sure," Casey replied, crossing his arms in front of him.

Tad, the skinnier of the two minions nodded his head in agreement. "Kept talking to it the whole time too. What did she keep calling it? Miss…."

"Edith."

Tad snapped his fingers. "Yeah that was it."

"Did you hear what she was saying?"
Both minions shook their heads at Johnny’s question.

"Alright, you can go. Take the rest of the day off. You two deserve it."

"Thanks Johnny."

"Thanks."

Both minions left Johnny alone in the tiny room to continue observing Drusilla.

‘What are you thinking about?’ Johnny wondered to himself. She still had not moved from that one spot she was in since being placed in the room. Her eyes are what intrigued him most. They seemed to be looking right at him even though he knew she couldn’t see him.

He took two steps to the right, keeping his gaze trained on Dru as he did so. If he had the ability to breath he surely would have held it once he saw her eyes shift with the movement of his body.

"She can’t possibly." He took three steps to the left and sure enough her eyes followed him again. "She’s watching me."

"And listening." He heard her finally speak.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sunnydale: Present Day

Drusilla’s moaning snapped Johnny out of his daydreaming back into the present. Her back was turned to the window and she was looking at him.

"What do you see?" He asked her, closing the gap between them as he crossed the room towards her. "Is it Spike?"

"Sky weeping. Daddy weeping," Dru began to chant. "So much pain."

"Who feels pain Dru?"

"Its all wrong," She screamed, dropping Miss Edith to the floor and reaching up to clutch her head with both hands. "The painting is all wrong."

Johnny picked Miss Edith up and went to Dru. "What painting? What do you see? What does Miss Edith tell you?" He held the doll out for her to take.

"No!" She yelled knocking the doll out of his hand and sending it sailing across the floor. "So much pain. So much…." Her voice trailed off as she slowly lowered her hands from her head to rest in front of her. She bit her lower lip and groaned. "Delightful pain."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rovello Drive: Present Day

Spike held the arms of the woman beneath him above her head as he entered her. His pelvis rocked against her hips each time he slid deeper into her warmth, setting his pace to the rhythm of the rain outside as it hit her bedroom window. His eyes connected with hers when he heard her moan. When he had closed his eyes he didn’t know, but he wouldn’t do it again. He wanted to watch her this time, savor every image he could capture from her tonight.

It had taken a lot of convincing on his part to get where he was right now. The whole way home she had stuck by her refusal to share a bed with him tonight. By some miracle, or maybe because he had followed her into her room and began to undress, she ended up changing her mind.

"Buffy." Spike moaned when he felt her legs tighten around him. "So sweet," Spike commented, his mouth closing around one pert nipple. "So perfect."

Buffy stared mesmerized as Spike’s mouth traveled from one breast to the other, lavishing the same amount of attention on both. He repeated the process a few more times before Buffy took a hold of his face and forced him to look at her.

Spike waited for her to say something.

"Do you feel it?"

Spike shook his head, not understanding what she was talking about.

Buffy positioned her hand between their bodies over his chest where his heart was. "Your heart beating. Do you feel it?"

Spike looked away before taking her wrist in his grip and pinning it above her head again. "No," he finally answered, starting up his thrusting again.

Buffy shut her eyes and turned her face. This was becoming too much for her. The longing, the loathing, the fear. Everything was spinning out of control inside of her and it had nothing to do with the vampire currently above her. Everyday she could feel herself becoming more attached to Spike and it scared her. She could keep lying to herself and make believe that it was the baby causing it, but it wasn’t.

Deep inside she knew her heart still belonged to Angel, but she could feel his presence there fading. Something was pushing him away and there was no way to stop it.

Thunder crashed outside. Buffy’s eyes shot open in time to see the lightening brighten the night sky and for her to see Angel watching through the window. Her heart stopped for a brief second before the room went dark again and Angel was gone.

That couldn’t have been him. She told herself. Her mind had to be playing tricks with her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Angel slid down the wall next to Buffy’s window. His mouth hung open in shock at what he had just seen. He knew there had been something going on between her and Spike, but to witness it like that was too much for him. His soul burned so much he could almost feel his undead heart aching.

She had seen him. Hopefully he had moved away from the window in time before her brain was able to process that he was really there.

Angel managed to stand up and jump down off the roof onto the lawn. He couldn’t chance her seeing him again. Too much was at stake to let that happen.

TBC…………..
Even Angels Fall by Annastasia
"Change Series"
Rated: NC17

Chapter 32: "Even Angels Fall"

His lungs felt like they were on fire and his heart felt like someone was squeezing it in their fist, pumping all the blood out of it with each squeeze.

Spike bolted upright in bed, gasping as he choked on the air that was filling his lungs. He clutched at his chest and felt the rise and fall of it as he breathed for the first time since he had become undead. Just as quickly as the breathing had started, it stopped. Still, every five seconds he could feel his heart thump against the palm of his hand where it lay on his chest.

He grunted out an amused laugh once his brain was able to process everything that was going on around him.

"Now I can breath," he scoffed out loud. "What next? Will I be able to stand in sunlight once again?" He asked no one in particular.

He glanced over at the sleeping figure lying next to him in bed and wondered if killing her right now would end the hell he was going through. It was her fault after all. Her and her gang of Scooby friends. Wouldn't be in this mess if they had kept their noses in their own business.

Deciding against that course of action he flung the covers off his naked body and got out of bed. He felt around in the darkness for his clothes and jerkily put them back on. Once fully dressed he took one last look at Buffy then crawled out her window into the open night.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Angel sat atop one of the many tombstones lining the cemetery. He had come here after leaving Buffy's house and hadn't moved even when the rain had cleared up and the dawn was threatening to peak over the horizon. It was still a couple hours till sunrise anyway, but he could feel it approaching and knew he should be moving inside soon.

He ran a hand through his hair which was still wet from walking through the downpour earlier. His clothes were soaked to the bone and hung off him like a second skin. None of this mattered to him though. For some reason he couldn't feel anything right now.

"Bloody hell," a voice groaned in the distance, Angel had no trouble telling who it belonged to.

Angel jumped off the tombstone and turned in the direction he knew Spike was coming from. No more than two minutes later his bleached, pain in the ass grandchilde appeared out of the trees, stumbling as he walked. Before he could stop it a growl sounded from his throat.

Spike stopped dead in his tracks. He did a quick scan of the area in front of him before his eyes landed on his grand sire. He tried to smirk but the sudden pain in his chest had him cursing again.

"What's wrong with you?" Angel asked, stepping closer to Spike in concern, despite the overwhelming urge to want to slam him into the ground and shove a stake through his heart.

"I'm fine," Spike gritted out through clenched teeth. "Just having a little difficulty remembering how to breathe."

Angel was thrown back by his statement. "When did this start happening?"

"Not but thirty bleeding minutes ago," Spike answered, taking a few shallow breaths between each word. "There," he sighed once the pain had gone away and he no longer had to breathe. "Comes and goes it does. Don't know what the bloody hell is going on, but it's becoming a big pain in the arse."

"Have you told Buffy about this?" Angel asked, instantly regretting it when he realized he had just opened the conversation to include Buffy. "Never mind."

Spike eyed him curiously. Something was going on in his Grande poppy's head and he wanted to know exactly what it was. Anything he could find to use against Angel he was more then willing to waste his time looking for.

"Didn't have a chance to tell Buffy," Spike replied, circling Angel as he did so. "She was asleep when I left."

Angel could feel his insides boiling, his body itching to attack Spike when he was so close to him.

Spike saw Angels face twist up in fury, his hands twitching at his sides. Ah, there was that bone he wanted to hit. So, it apparently had something to do with Buffy.

"She was asleep."

Spike bit his lower lip and smiled. "Out like a light. Something must've worn the pretty little thing out."

"Is that right?"

"Come to think of it," Spike continued. "We did have a rough and tumble earlier this evening. Had her pinned beneath me a few times. She did manage to pin me a few times, gave as good as she got I guess you could say."

Angel snapped. He flew at Spike and soon there was a blend of leather flying through the air as the two men started to fight each other. Angel somehow managed to pin Spike against a tree, his arm pressed against his neck holding him there.

"So you were there," Spike choked out through a stifled laugh. "I knew I sensed you. Thought maybe it was Buffy thinking about you while I was screwing…," Angel cut off his sentence by pressing his arm a little more into his throat. "What do you think of your precious Slayer now?"

"You don't love her," Angel growled.

"No, I don't," Spike agreed, lifting his leg to kick Angel square in the chest, sending him flying back onto the ground. Spike rubbed his hand over the spot on his neck Angel's hand once occupied. "Never will either."

Angel had just regained his thoughts and was about to stand up when he felt a sharp kick to his ribs. Next thing he knew his head was being forced into the ground by the bottom of Spike's shoe.

"Oh, how the mighty have fallen," Spike sneered, digging his heel a little deeper into Angel's cheek. "Angelus the demon who caused chaos throughout Europe in the 18th Century, who left tears and trails of blood in his wake, is now a weak pathetic thing shedding tears of his own over a Slayer."

Spike pulled open his leather jacket and dug around the inside pockets in search of his cigarettes. He pulled one out and lit it. He inhaled sharply off the end, filling his lungs with the calming nicotine they craved.

"You know," Spike began again, taking another quick drag off his cigarette. "I never thought I would live to see the day that Angelus, my grand sire, was nothing more than dirt under my shoe." He emphasized his point by pressing his weight down even more on Angel's head.

Spike bent t his knees a little and leaned over so he was closer to Angel. "I think I know why you're so weak now," He spoke slowly, methodically. "Why the Slayer makes you the way you are. The first time I had her, didn't recall a bloody thing. The second time was just about getting laid," he chuckled softly before continuing. "I would've fucked anything that was willing at that point in time. But the third, the third time, that's when it changed for me.

"I don't know what did it though. Maybe it's how her legs feel when their wrapped around my body. Or, it could be those little sharp intakes of air that she makes just before she's about to come. It could be anything." He leaned in a little closer. "How does it feel knowing that your Buffy screams my name at night? That it's me whom she wants inside of her. That it's my child she's carrying, not yours. That the little fantasy you have in your head with her is just that. A fantasy."

The cigarette in Spike's hand went sailing through the air as his whole body was propelled backwards. Spike didn't even know what hit him until he saw Angel standing over him, the left side of his face coated in mud and grass blades. Spike started laughing. His whole body shook as he looked up at Angel who was seething in anger, his fists clenching and unclenching at his sides.

"Got your knickers in a twist, did I?" Spike asked, moving to get up. He was stopped, however, by a kick to the head. He fell back onto his back, his hand reaching up to touch his nose. "Bloody fuck I think you broke my nose." He looked up at Angel. "Can't stand….?"

Spike's question went unasked when he saw the wooden stake held tightly in Angel's grip. His eyes widened in horror as Angel sent it straight towards his heart.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"NO!!!"

The blood chortling scream pierced the silent air of the newly acquired groundskeeper's house hidden deep in the woods of the cemetery. Several vampires, who had felt a chill run down their spines, watched as the raven haired owner of the scream passed them and burst through the front door, disappearing into the night.


TBC...............
Between Mind and Heart by Annastasia
“Chapter 33: Between Mind and Heart”

Buffy bolted upright in bed, the slicing pain that she was feeling in her lower stomach having woken her up from her sleep. She pushed the covers off of her and swung her legs over the side of the bed.

“Mom,” she hoarsely cried out. The pain sliced through her lower abdomen again, this time sending her to her knees on the floor.

Buffy’s mouth fell open as she began to desperately gulp for air. The pain was making her head dizzy and her body weak. She managed to get up on her feet, slightly hunched over, and walk her way to the bedroom door. The door felt like it was made out of two tons of metal as she pulled it open and stepped out into the hallway. She glanced down the hall towards her mother’s room and a sense of vertigo instantly came over her.

“Mom!” Was the last thing she managed to scream before falling to the floor and passing out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Spike howled in pain when the stake pierced his chest mere inches from his heart. He couldn’t believe Angel had done it. Albeit, he thought the bastard was going to dust him not injure him.

Angel jerked up at the sound of the familiar scream traveling through the trees. He glanced down at Spike and realized because of that scream he had missed staking Spike in the heart. It startled him when he heard it the first time, causing his aim to be off and for him to miss his target. He heard the scream again and tore his eyes away from Spike to search the trees.

“You arse!” Spike spat out, rolling onto his side. “You tried to kill me!”

“Do you hear her?” Angel asked, ignoring the complaints of his grandchilde. “She’s getting closer.”

“What the bloody hell are you yammering about? I’ve got a bleeding stake in my chest, which you put there, and you’re …” Spike ground his teeth together as another wave of pain shot through his chest.

“She’s out there.”

Spike got to his knees, one hand placed gently over the stake in his chest to keep it from moving around to much. The thing was so close to his heart he was sure that if he moved too much the damn thing would kill him. He rose to his feet and started walking around the tombstones littering the ground. More pain sliced through him when he was jolted to a stop by Angel gripping his arm.

“This doesn’t feel right,” Angel told him, grabbing his arm just a little bit tighter. “We need to get out of here.”

“That’s what I was bloody tryin to do until you stopped me.”

“I know where you need to go,” Angel told him, looking down at the stake in his chest then out towards the darkness of the trees where he knew his childe was.

“I don’t need your help,” Spike argued weakly. “Why not just throw me onto the ground and finish the job you failed to…”

Angel caught Spike in his arms just as the bleached vampire passed out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Giles flipped on his hall light and cursed under his breath at the person who was banging on his door this late at night. This was the first night he was actually getting some well deserved rest and he could just kill the human being who dared to disturb him.

He swung the door open and came face to face with Angel who was barely managing to hang onto Spike, who was hunched over from the middle.

“What are you doing here?” Giles asked trying to get a closer look at Spike.

“Spike needs to be invited in,” Angel said, choosing to ignore the watchers question until they were safe inside.

“It’s three o’clock in the morning Angel. Do you really think…”

“Invite him in now,” Angel repeated, this time with a noticeable growl to indicate the urgency of the situation.

“Bloody hell,” Giles moaned with a roll of his eyes before stepping out of the way and inviting Spike in.

Angel carried Spike over to the couch in the living room and set him down upon it. He made sure that his movements were extremely slow so as not to disturb the wooden stake. Once he was sure Spike would be alright for the time being he turned to address Giles who was still standing by the closed door completely baffled by the site of them showing up at his house.

“Spike needs your help.”

Giles blinked at the abrupt remark from Angel that had no explanation behind it as to why they needed his help. He lowered his head and moved around Angel towards his kitchen. He opened up his fridge and pulled out the cream he needed for the cup of tea he was about to make. He was sure this was going to be a long night and a jolt of caffeine would help to keep his mind focused.

“Giles,” he heard Angel say as he came into the kitchen. “You’re the only one I could think to come to.”

“What are you doing here Angel?” Giles asked again, turning to face him. “I do plan on helping you, but first I would like to know exactly why you need my help.”

Angel sighed heavily. “Spike has a stake in his chest that he needs taken out. I don’t know how close it is to his heart or if it will kill him or not, but it needs to be removed. He’s in a lot of pain”

“I see,” Giles spoke calmly, pouring the freshly brewed tea into his cup and adding a bit of cream to it. “How did this stake get into his chest by chance?”

“As much as I would love to play 21 questions with you right now Giles, there is not time,” Angel lamented. “He might be bleeding internally.”

Giles balked at this. “Bleed to death? How is that possible? He’s not even human.”

“He’s becoming human or at least I think he is,” Angel told him. “You know about his heart beating, right? Well, now he’s breathing.”

“Good heavens.” Giles set down his cup and stalked into the den where Spike still was. “We have to take him to a hospital.”

“We can’t. It would be too risky.”

“And it would be just as risky to have me operate on him if he is human. I’m not skilled in that kind of thing.”

“You’ve done this before; I’ve seen you do it.”

“Angel,” Giles said with a sigh, dumping the rest of his tea into the sink and pulling a glass out from his cupboard. “There is nothing I can do aside from driving you both to the nearest hospital.”

Angel watched as Giles poured straight scotch into the glass he had in his hand and took one hard sip of the stuff. He looked over hi shoulder towards Spike and sighed deeply.

“I’ll do it,” He finally mumbled under his breath after a long moment of silence had hung in the air. “Show me what to do and I’ll do it.”

“Angel,” Giles began to protest. “You can’t….”

Angel grabbed the front of Giles shirt firmly in his hand, stopping the Watcher midway through his sentence. “If we don’t save him, Buffy may die as well! Do you want that to happen?”

“Of course not.”

“Now will you help me?”

“Yes.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Buffy!” Joyce yelled when she saw her daughter lying on the carpet. “Buffy are you okay? What’s wrong?”

Buffy heard her mother’s cries as she slowly regained her senses and remembered where she was. Her head hurt badly but the pain that had nearly killed her earlier was gone. She lifted her head to find her mother hovering over her.

“I’m okay mom.”

“I heard you screaming. Are you sure you’re okay?” Joyce asked once again, helping her daughter to her feet.

“My stomach was hurting, but now I’m fine,” Buffy reassured her. “Might have been something I ate.”

“Are you sure you’re okay. You sounded like you were near death and then I found you on the floor.”

“Mom,” Buffy cut her off. “I’m fine.”

“I guess it could have been something you ate,” Joyce agreed warily. “When you’re pregnant you do get some weird cravings that you come to regret.”

Buffy rested her hand against her stomach, listening to her mom go on and on about the different stages of pregnancy and some of the cravings she had during hers. She had convinced her mother that the pain had probably been from food, but she had failed to convince herself. Something else had caused that sharp pain and she was sure it had to do with her situation. Maybe Giles would know what it was and how to stop it from happening again. Tomorrow she would make a stop by his house so she could talk with him privately.

“Wow, all this talk about food has gotten me hungry,” Buffy interrupted her mom for the second time that night. “Want to go downstairs and raid the kitchen?”

Joyce glanced down at the hand resting against her daughter’s stomach then back up into her eyes. Those eyes that she used to be able to read so well but now appeared so distant. “Yeah, let’s go do that.”

Joyce wrapped her arm around her daughter as they both made their way down the steps to enjoy a late night of snacking.

~~~~~~~~~~

Johnny looked in on Dru before closing the door to her room and walking into his. She had almost been seen tonight by Angel and Spike out in the cemetery. Why she had ran out of the house earlier would be a question he would have to save until morning, but he did know that he had to keep a closer eye on her then he had previously thought. As much as she was helpful to him, her skills could also be a danger to his mission. If his minions hadn’t of caught up with her when they did he was sure she would have reached Angel in no time and ruined everything. He was also very sure that Spike must have heard Dru screaming into the night.

“Why would he leave though?” Johnny wondered aloud. “He was so hell bent on locating her in Vegas, why would he not run to her when he heard her coming to him?”

“Yo, Johnny.”

“Where did they go?” Johnny asked the minion that had just interrupted him.

“Followed them to some lofty apartment place here on the other side of town. The boys couldn’t see inside to well and didn’t stick around long enough to try. Daylight was breaking through the clouds.”

Johnny shook his head. “Alright, did they catch who might live at the place? Was the Slayer with them?”

“Nope, the third figure we saw looked kinda tall. Safe to say they probably went to see a man.”

“What about Dru? Has she said anything about Spike?”

“Nah, keeps mumbling on about some baby.”

“A baby?”

The minion nodded his head. “Something about a baby being the beginning of the end. Real nut job we have in there boss. I don’t know how she made it….”

“A baby?” Johnny repeated to himself, cutting off his minion. “I wonder if the Slayer has something to do with this.”
Make Me Lose Control by Annastasia
Chapter 34: Make Me Lose Control


Giles stared at the coffee maker as the last few drops fell. Usually in the mornings he would have his tea, but today felt like a coffee day. Today felt like it was going to be a long one and he needed all the caffeine his body could consume.

He had just finished pouring himself a cup when he saw Angel appear in the doorway out of the corner of his eye. “Good morning”

“Hello.”
“Did you sleep well?” Giles asked taking a sip of his steaming coffee

“Fine. What about you?”

“Not to well considering that Spike was in my bed and I had to sleep on my sofa.”

“Listen Giles.”

“What really happened to Spike last night? How did he manage to get a stake rammed into his chest?” Giles wondered his eyes glaring over his glasses directly at Angel as he took yet another sip of his coffee.

“I did it,” Angel confessed. “It was an accident.”

“Mere centimeters from his heart and you declare it an accident,” Giles snorted amusedly. “Somehow I don’t buy that story.”

“He was taunting me Giles,” Angel argued his anger getting the better of him. “He wouldn’t shut up about Buffy. I wasn’t thinking.”

“Cleary not,” Giles agreed.

Angel sighed. He was tired of arguing with people. He had done enough of it last night with both Giles and Spike, now he just wanted it to stop.

“How long do you think it will be before he wakes up?” Angel asked, glancing over his shoulder and down the hallway.

“Might be a couple of hours or less, he lost a lot of blood last night. He also went through a great ordeal.”

“Good, good. Something happened last night that I think you should know about. But, I really don’t want Spike to hear about it.”

Giles looked up from his coffee. He saw the concern in Angel’s eyes and knew that this was something he wasn’t going to argue against.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Who was that on the phone?” Joyce asked her daughter as she cleaned the last dish from their breakfast and put it in the dishwasher.

Buffy placed the phone back on the receiver. “That was Giles.”

“Oh really, what did he want?”

“He said I need to come over to his house right away. He wouldn’t tell me what it was about, but from the tone in his voice it doesn’t sound like fun. I’m guessing he’s in full research mode.” Buffy glanced down at her watch and frowned. “It’s not even 9:00 and he’s already like this. Maybe I can pretend I forgot he called and not go over to his house. I am so not in the mood for his endless twenty questions today.”

Joyce shook her head slightly, drying her hands off with a dish towel. “You should go. It would be good for you to get out of the house for awhile. Ever since Spike has been staying here you haven’t gotten out much.”

Buffy frowned even more at this realization. She had been spending less time with her friends and way too much time with Spike. Although the time spent with Spike was semi-productive, it still wasn’t a habit that she wanted to fall in to.

“Speaking of the undead father to my baby,” Buffy mocked. “I wonder if he is downstairs asleep. He wasn’t in my…..” Buffy caught herself before revealing to her mother what had taken place in her bedroom last night. “I mean he wasn’t in the basement last night when I went to bed.” She corrected rather poorly. “I think I’ll go wake him up.”

Joyce excused herself to get ready for work before Buffy made her way down the stairs to the basement. With each step she took an eerie feeling crept through her. It wasn’t until she reached the last step and realized that Spike wasn’t anywhere in sight that she started to rethink the whole ‘avoid going to Giles house’ plan.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Are you certain it was Drucilla you heard screaming?” Giles asked for the third time after Angel had explained in full detail what had transpired between him and Spike last night.

“Yes.” Angel answered for a third and he hoped final time. “I know my childes voice when I hear it. Plus I could smell her.”

“Do you think she’s alone in Sunnydale?”

Angel shook his head. “I don’t think so. She isn’t that independent yet, at least not enough to make it on her own.”

“Buffy has been having dreams about her,” Giles recalled from there sessions at the library in most recent weeks. “Maybe they have been getting stronger since Dru has been close. I will have to remember to ask her about that.” Giles stopped pacing when a thought came to him. “You don’t suppose….?”

“That Spike has been having dreams of Dru as well,” Angel completed his thought, indicating that he had been thinking the same thing. “I guess this means Spike has been lying to us. I knew he was up to something. Now I don’t feel so bad for what I did……”

Both men were interrupted by the sound of the front door opening. Buffy caught sight of Angel sitting in the easy chair across the room. Her heart skipped a beat. Without taking her eyes off of Angel she slowly shut the door behind her. She made her way into the living room passing by Giles along the way, whose presence she still hadn’t acknowledged.

“Where is he?” She asked. “What happened to him?”

Suddenly the pain she had felt last night came rushing back through her. It all made sense now. Last night Spike wasn’t in her bed when she had woken up, more than likely he had left not long after she had drifted off to sleep. Something bad took place last night and she had a feeling Angel had been involved.

“He’s in the bedroom,” Giles spoke up from behind her.

Buffy spun around on her heels, her eyes connecting briefly with Giles before she was off down the hallway towards his bedroom. She could hear Angel following her trying to explain what happened, but she didn’t stop to listen to him.

Her body tensed when she saw Spike in the bed naked from the waist up, a bandage showing across his chest.

“He was staked.” She heard Angel come in and stand beside her. For some reason she could not peel her eyes away from the sight in front of her. How did this happen she wondered. But, instead of asking that one question she made a demand.

“Leave.”

“What?”

“I need to be alone with him for a minute.” She told Angel and nothing else, something told her that he didn’t need to know anything more than that.

“I’ll be waiting in the den with Giles.”

She waited until she heard the latch on the door catch, signifying that it had been shut, before making her way closer to the bed.

“At least he isn’t dead.” She joked to herself, laughing softly. “That which doesn’t kill us only makes us stronger.”

She saw his chest rise slightly and froze, waiting to see if he was awake. When he didn’t make another move after a couple of seconds she gradually sat down on the edge of the bed. On its own accord her hand reached out to touch his wound, a part of her wanting to touch him if only to reassure herself that he was really there and half alive. The tips of her fingers grazed his skin and she immediately felt the faint thumping of his heart. The breath she had been holding in came out in one big whoosh. She closed her eyes and let a slight trance overtake her as her fingers played across his chest, unwilling to lose their connection.

A painful gasp escaped her lips when she felt pressure around her wrist. She opened her eyes and saw Spike glaring at her, his dark empty eyes burning into hers. She winced in more pain when he lifted her hand off his chest and twisted her wrist in his grip.

“Spike,” she moaned quietly. “You’re hurting me.”

Spike ignored her painful cries as he twisted her whole arm and yanked her down towards him. Their faces were inches apart, his cold eyes never leaving hers. He felt her erratic breaths against his face and the unsteady pulse from her wrist as she tried to figure out what he was doing; afraid of what was going to happen next. He shoved at her hard, sending her flying to the hardwood floor.

Buffy couldn’t understand why she was so weak right now. How he was able to overpower her with his strength when he was the one that was injured. She warily raised her eyes to see what he was doing and the next thing she knew he was on top of her, pinning her with his body to the floor. Her head hit with a thud against the floor from the force of his body impacting with hers and she felt the blood leave it all at once.

“Weak slayer,” she heard Spike growl above her. Through her hazy vision she noticed that Spike was in demon mode, his yellow eyes gazing down at her. “Come to finish what your boyfriend started?”

Buffy felt her body throbbing from the pain running throughout her body as well as the emotional war that was raging within. Part of her wanted to cry out in defeat and another part of her wanted to fight back with as much force as Spike was showing. She could feel the defeated side of herself becoming stronger through some force she could not control. It was almost as if someone else was controlling her thoughts and emotions at that very moment. She knew it couldn’t be described as an out of body experience because when she opened her eyes Spike was still there, very much close to her and very much ready to kill her.

“Fight me slayer,” She heard him sneer into her ear as he nuzzled his face against her neck, his teeth barely grazing the skin. “Make me thrill at the chance to end your precious life.”

Slowly Buffy arched her neck, giving him better access to the area. Once again it felt to her as if something else was forcing her to make this action. Something was telling her that this was supposed to happen, that this was the only way to make things right.

Spike growled in frustration and excitement. His demon wasted no time in latching onto her neck and taking the first pull of blood from her veins. Then he was stopped, by the feel of two hands grabbing him by the shoulders and heaving him into a wall.

Giles ran into the room just in time to see Spike’s body sliding down the wall and coming to a heap on the floor. The next thing he noticed was Buffy sobbing on the floor and curled tightly into a ball. He quickly came to her side and helped her to her feet. He didn’t say anything to Angel as they passed him out of the room.

Angel waited at Spike’s feet, hoping his childe would wake up and start fighting him. He wanted an excuse to use him as a punching bag after what he caught him doing to Buffy a minute ago. When no movement came from Spike he left him there on the floor to go check on Buffy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Angel came back into the den just as Giles was handing Buffy, who was sitting on the couch, a cup of hot tea. He felt the guilt rise up in his throat again when her eyes meet his. He guessed saving her life a minute ago hadn’t remained fresh in her mind like he thought it would. Broodingly he took his place on the far side of the room so she wouldn’t feel the need to attack him about last night. He knew eventually she would get onto him about last night, but right now he wanted to hear her talk about what happened in Giles’s room.

“I don’t know why he attacked me like that,” Buffy admitted softly. “I don’t know why I let him get that far either. For some reason I cannot explain, but it felt like the right thing to do, like my mind was urging me to do it despite what could’ve happened to me.”

“Maybe the demon in Spike has remained dormant for so long that it felt the need to attack,” Giles reasoned. “And you being the Slayer seemed like the perfect opportunity to renew its deflated ego.”

“What did you do to him last night?”

Angel heard the question but refused to meet her eyes. “It was an accident.”

“Did he fall on the stake? Did he accidentally run into it while you were holding the damn thing? How in the hell does a stake being driven through his chest qualify as an accident?”

“What is this?” Angel wondered finally looking at her. “Why do you feel this need to protect Spike all of a sudden? He sure doesn’t feel the need to make sure you’re safe. We can all see that by what he was doing to you in that room a minute ago.”

“I let him do it.”

“It’s like he has some kind of control over you. Do you not see it? Do you not feel it?”

Buffy was taken back by his remarks. That could possibly explain the loss of control over her actions that she was feeling while in the same room with Spike. But it didn’t make sense. If he could control her that much why hadn’t he killed her long ago? Why wait until now to do it?

TBC………..
In Too Deep by Annastasia
Author's Notes:
I apologize for any mistakes....
Chapter 35: “In Too Deep”


Giles had taken it upon himself to exit the den where Angel and Buffy were still having their chat so he could check on Spike. Despite his distaste for the wounded vampire he still felt the need to make sure he was alright. He was after all the father to his slayer’s baby, the very girl that was like a daughter to him. He was worried for her as well. Angel had been right in his assessment that something was changing between Spike and Buffy. Buffy was becoming careless in her actions and her duty as a slayer was being buried away in the process.

Giles stepped into the bedroom just as Spike was coming to from his spot on the floor. Both men locked eyes before glancing in a different direction and busying themselves.

“Buffy will be alright you didn’t hurt her,” Giles told him while he watched the injured vamp get up off the floor.

Spike once again locked eyes with Giles and scoffed, “Don’t rightly remember asking if she was okay. Don’t rightly care.”

“She came over as soon as she heard something happened to you last night,” Giles went on, pretending not to have heard Spike’s comment. “She seems to feel that your accident last night was her fault. Why she feels this way I’m not sure, but she does. I think it would make her feel better to know that you will heal.”

“Would you stop you’re yakking already,” Spike pleaded finally getting himself back over to the bed. “Did you not just hear me say I could care less what the Slayer wants? Her bloody poof of a boyfriend did this to me. Let her deal with that.”

In two strides Giles was pinning Spike down on the bed by the neck, his other hand placed gently over the fresh wound in the vampires chest. He pushed on the wound with one finger bringing forth a look of intense pain from Spike, who was gripping at the wrist of the hand wrapped tightly around his neck.

“Don’t you dare mock her distress,” Giles spat out, pressing on the wound a little bit more. “Angel may have missed but I can assure you that I won’t.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“He’s not controlling me,” Buffy whispered over the lip of her tea cup.

Angel had stopped talking after they both realized Giles was no longer in the room. For some reason his lack of presence made them both feel vulnerable, open. They both needed that third body to prevent them from admitting the truth to each other, the truth that was nagging both of them since Spike had become a big part of her life. The truth that both of them had drifted apart, that they were no more.

“What did you say?” Angel asked drawing his attention away from the empty hallway he had been glancing down.

“I don’t know what is going on between me and Spike, but I do know that I still have some control over my actions,” Buffy spoke up a little more clearly. “He isn’t going to kill me. I won’t let him.”
“How can you be so sure Buffy,” Angel argued, wanting so badly to believe in her own confidence. But, his distrust for Spike was leading him in a different direction. “He has killed a Slayer before.”

“Why don’t you believe me? Why are you turning your back on me now when I need you most? I still don’t have all the answers; I am not sure why this is happening or how to fix things.”

“Maybe you aren’t supposed to know,” Angel reasoned.

“I know that my life is different,” Buffy stated. “I have known this since I was told my destiny of being a Slayer. But, I want to know about this,” she pointed to her belly. “I want to know what is to become of this, what this baby means. I think I have earned that much.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Giles tossed the old, bloody bandage into the waste basket. His aggressive behavior had caused Spike’s wound to reopen and the bleeding to start anew. When the vampire had passed out from all the pain Giles positioned him back onto the bed and changed his dressing. He was just about done watching his hands in the bathroom when he heard Spike stirring on the bed.

Giles came back into the room carrying a towel with him as he dried off his hands. He studied Spike for a moment before removing his glasses and rubbing his eyes with his palm.

“You are to stay away from her,” Giles instructed to Spike still rubbing at his eyes. He really didn’t get a wink of sleep last night and already he was feeling its effects.

“She doesn’t need any of your tricks right now,” he added. “None of us do.”

Spike groaned a little as he tried to sit up in the bed. This was not an easy thing to do seeing as how his left side felt completely numb from all the blood he had lost.

“W-why,” Spike managed to cough out through the dizziness he was feeling. “Why don’t you tell her all this, Ripper? Seems to me that she keeps coming back for more, she keeps bloody begging for it. Bloody pathetic if you ask me.”

Giles gently set down the towel he still held in his hands on the nightstand. He replaced his glasses back on the bridge of his nose and softly cleared his throat.

Spike grunted when he felt Giles push him back down against the bed, all the pressure on his left shoulder where most of his pain could be felt.

“You forget that we are in a room alone,” Giles reminded him. “I will stake you despite the risk I take knowing Buffy will hate me. I am willing to do it because I know that over time she will forgive me.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Johnny stared, enthralled by the tiny object he held in his hand. Apparently Dru had found it in one of the abandoned rooms of the mansion. He had caught her playing with it, shaking it in front of Miss Edith. Now the damn thing was in his possession and he couldn’t seem to let it go now.

“Hey. Johnny?”

Johnny growled at the unwelcome intrusion. “What is it?”

The minion cleared his throat quickly.

The minion stepped further into the room and made his way to the sofa chair Johnny managed to occupy most of these days. He caught sight of the rattle twirling on Johnny’s finger and laughed without even thinking.

“What the hell do you want?!” Johnny growled a second time, glaring at the lowly minion whose name he could not remember. Not that it mattered much anyway, gave him more of a reason to kill the bastard without consequence to his plan.

“You asked me to tell you when Dru was in one of her trances.”

“Yes?” Johnny sighed impatiently, waiting for the minion to get to the point.

“She’s been running in and out of all the rooms looking for something.” The minion spoke. “It’s starting to bother some of us.”

“Have you even bothered to listen to what she might be saying?”

“You know how it is Johnny. Half the things she says when she isn’t in a trance never make sense anyway.”

Johnny threw the rattle against the wall causing it to crack and fall with thud onto the floor. He whirled around on the minion and lifted him up by his shirt collar.

“I didn’t come all the way to Sunnydale so you idiots could have a vacation. Dru is trying to tell me something, something big that is happening with the Slayer.”

“I understand Johnny.” The minion choked out, trying hard not to show how scared he was.

“Do you?” Johnny wondered. “Do you really? I think maybe I need to use you as an example to the others about how serious I am taking this.”

“What do you mean Johnny?”

Johnny curled his lip and chuckled. “Let me show you what I mean.” He finally replied pulling the minion with him out of the room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


“Why does this have to be happening?” Buffy moaned, running a hand through her hair. “I am so tired of all the questions everyone keeps throwing at me and yet no one has answered a one of mine.”

“It will take time Buffy,” Angel offered.

Buffy laughed. “Like I have all the time in the world Angel.” She set down the cup she still held in her hand and glanced down at her stomach. “I’m not even showing you know.”

Angel watched her as she smoothed her shirt over her stomach, showing how flat it still was. “How far along are you supposed to be?”

“Four months.” She looked up at him. “Don’t women start showing a little at four months?”

“You’re asking the wrong person.”

“I really want this Angel,” She confessed to him, softly laughing at how silly she sounded even to herself. “As insane as that sounds but it makes me feel more normal than I have ever felt in a long time.”

Angel made his way around the couch that he had been standing by to get closer to her. “You are normal Buffy. You are the all-American girl living in California.”

She smiled and nodded. “With a baby on the way. I guess I do fall into the larger percentage of teenage girl statistics with that one.”

“I don’t bloody well care what you think watcher.” Both Angel and Buffy heard Spike yell before appearing from the hallway in front of them.

Spike saw Buffy and growled low in his throat. Angel heard this and positioned his body between the two of them to stop Spike in case he tried to do anything.

“Are we back to making googily eyes at each other then?” Spike scoffed leaning his body against the wall for support. He was still feeling a little weak from the loss of blood the night before and the beating he just got from Giles. As bad as he hurt though he was not willing to stick it out at the watchers house just so he could get better faster. “Pathetic.”

“Where are you going Spike?” Buffy questioned, walking around Angel and closer to Spike. She ignored the snarls that came from him as she got closer and closer.

“Away from the lot of you like I had been planning last night until the poofter over here decided to interfere.”

“You aren’t going anywhere Spike.” Giles commented from behind him. “Considering your state right now and the fact that it is light outside you wouldn’t make it more then 10 feet before collapsing or burning.”

Spike rolled his eyes before pushing himself off the wall he had been leaning on and started to walk towards the door. He stopped in his tracks when Buffy placed herself square in front of him. He tried to walk around her the other way but she stopped him again.

“Don’t make me hurt you Slayer.” He warned.

“I’d like to see you try.” She challenged before remembering what he had done in the bedroom earlier and adding. “Again.”

“Why don’t you give your Slayer the same advice you gave me,” Spike suggested to Giles over his shoulder.

“Buffy I think it would be best if you left right now,” Giles commented placing his hands in his pocket before looking up at her and finishing what he had to say. “You’re being around Spike right now is not helping the situation that he is in.”

Buffy started to argue with Giles but was interrupted by the door swinging open and slamming into the wall. Xander rushed in with Cordelia slowly walking in the door behind him, a look of annoyance on her face.

Xander opened his mouth to speak but halted when he saw the state that Spike was in. “Not that I really care about him but what the hell happened to Spike?”

“Angelus tried to kill me last night.”

Xander swung his attention to Angel and held his hands out beside him. “Come on Angel, where was my invite? I thought we were both on the same boat when it came to Spike.”

“Xander!” Cordelia yelled rolling her eyes. “Will you please just tell them about the thing that Willow found.”

“Right,” Xander said getting his thoughts back on track. “But it would be better if I show you. Willow is waiting at your house right now.”

“Can Willow not just come over here?” Buffy asked.

“She could but then we would have to lug all the books again and….”

“And I am not breaking another nail for you.” Cordelia piped in.

“Fine.” Buffy finally relented. “How are we going to get Spike over there? Its light outside.”

“Never said I wanted to go.” Spike mumbled under his shallow breath.

“I will stay here with Spike,” Angel offered. “Giles can go with you and come back here to let us know what you guys found out.”

Buffy nodded her head. Giles got together some of his notes and they all filed out the door leaving Spike and Angel standing in the den both watching the door as it closed shut.

“Along again. How about another go at trying to kill me?”
This story archived at http://https://spikeluver.com/SpuffyRealm/viewstory.php?sid=775