Sunny Day in the Park by spikeakawilliam
Summary: Sequel to Stormy Night. Alittle different form that fornat but a good story
Categories: General Fics Characters: None
Genres: Romance
Warnings: Sexual Situations
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 6 Completed: No Word count: 3253 Read: 7328 Published: 12/19/2004 Updated: 05/27/2006

1. Prologue by spikeakawilliam

2. Normal Day by spikeakawilliam

3. Unexpected Arrival by spikeakawilliam

4. Revealing by spikeakawilliam

5. Answers by spikeakawilliam

6. Conversations by spikeakawilliam

Prologue by spikeakawilliam
Prologue
It’s been thirteen months since that night with Spike. For the rest of the week before the battle Buffy and Spike just took comfort in holding each other. When Spike knew that he had to stay it was the worst moment of his life.

' Spike, come on. You did enough '

' No, luv. I have to stay. We both know it. I will always love you. Tell Dawn I love her and for her to behave herself. I want you to move on, pet. Don't mourn for me, but don't forget me. I love you, Buffy Anne Summers. '

' I love you too, William. I won't forget. Promise. ' They shared one last kiss before Buffy was forced to leave.

' I want to see how it ends. ' As Buffy remembers that last day, she starts to sob. She wonders how she is going to raise her little boy without his father. As she looks at Brian she can see her Spike in him. Sometimes when she misses Spike, she just holds their son and thanks him for the miracle he gave her. They decided to rebuild the Council with an office in London, Cleveland and L.A. Buffy runs the L.A. office with Willow, Xander, Kennedy, and Faith.

When she was five months pregnant Buffy would just sign reports. Now that Brian was born she helps train the Slayers at least once a week. Dawn, Buffy and Brian live in a house close to the Council. Dawn goes to Hemery High and plans to go to Cambridge next year since she is taking her senior year now. During the first few weeks of her pregnancy everyone kept asking why she was keeping the baby. She would simply answer with, ' It's Spike's. I'm keeping it. '

So now she sits in her office with Brian in her arms watching him sleep.

A/N: I know its short. It will start at that way but will pick up soon. Promise.
Normal Day by spikeakawilliam
Chapter 1

Dawn quietly enters Buffy's office. She sees that her nephew is sleeping, so she quietly makes her way over to them. Buffy looks up and she approaches.

" Hey, how was school? "

" Great. Luckily everyone see that I am not like my sister. At least I don't burn down the buildings. "

" Very funny. " Buffy sighs and shifts Brian.

" Do you want me to take him for a little while? "

" Um...sure. He's been fed. He should be out for another hour. I should get some of this work done. " Dawn looks closely at Buffy.

" You were thinking about Spike again. " It was a statement not a question.

" I can't help it. Brian looks so much like him. It gets so hard sometimes. "

" I know, Buffy. Just remember that he loves us and is probably looking down on us and is proud at how far we have come. Here, I'll take Bri for about an hour and you can remember your Spike. If you have to call Giles or Angel. " Dawn kisses Buffy's cheek, then takes Brian and places him in his carrier. She grabs his bag and takes him to the playroom Xander built for him. Buffy is left in her office to once again grieve for her lost love.
Unexpected Arrival by spikeakawilliam
Chapter 2

Across town at the law offices of Wolfram and Hart, Angel and his gang work on traking down a group of vampires that firm works with by providing fresh bodies for them. Wesley found out that they have a mage working for them and that is why they are had to find.

" So , you see this mage is powerful. I should be able to counteract his spell so we can find their exact location. "

" Good. Fred, how are the tests on that blood sample coming? "

" Well, the results say that it is part human and part demon. I am trying to classifiy what type of demon it is. " Angel grabs a package office his desk.

" Good. Now i was thinking of getting those vamps tonight. Wes, can you be ready by then?" As he waits for an answeer he opens the package. The amulet falls toi the ground. Once it hits the floor it starts to glow. With a flash of light Spike is lying on the floor naked and shivering.

" Gunn, can you get some clothes. Angel, carry him to the couch. I'll get a blanket. " Angel picks Spike up and Places him on the couch just as Wes gets a blanket. Angel can sense that Spike is now human. He slowly moves to his desk. He picks up the phone and dials a familiar number.

" Hello, how can I help you? "

" I need to speak with Buffy Summers immediately. This is Angel. " He looks back at Spike.

" Hold on, Mister Angel. I'll put you right through."
Revealing by spikeakawilliam
Chapter 3
Buffy is reading a report when her phone rings.

" Hello? "

" Buffy? It's Angel. "

" Hey, Angel. What's up? "

" We have a situation here at the firm. I need you, Dawn and Brian to get here a fast as you can. "

" Why do I need to come down there and what has it to do with my son? "

" You need to see it. Trust me, you will want them here with you. Just hurry okay. "

" Okay,. We will be there as soon as we can. Bye. " They botth hang up. Buffy goes to the playroom to get Dawn and Brian. Dawn looks up when she Heres Buffy enter.

" Hey, Buffy. "

" Hey. We need to go to the firm. Angel says there is something for the three of us to see. " She grabs the carrier as dawn grabs the bags. They head to the garage and get into Buffy's black blazer. They start on the long drive across town to Wolfram & Hart.

***********************************************************

Angel and Wes are sitting with Spike asking him what he remembers. It has becen about half an hour since Angel called Buffy. Spike seems to remember everything and starts asking about Buffy and Dawn.

" So, how are they doing.? "

" Good. They rebuilt the council. They have three offices. L.A., Cleveland and London. Buffy runs the L.A. office. Dawn is in her senior year and plans to go to Cambridge next year. " Spike turns to Angel, who was standing next to the window watching the people below, trying to control his jealous of Spike because he gets to be with Buffy.

" Angel? Has she moved on since last year? " Angel turns to Spike and sees a look of hope and fear in his eyes.

" Sort of. She's not married or seeing someone. That's all I can tell you. She has to tell you the rest. " Angel knows that Brian is Spike's son. His intercom beeps and he walks over to his desk to answer it
" Yes, Harmony? "

" They are here. " Angel looks at Spike.

" You ready? " Spike nods then moves to the conference part of the office so he wont be seen by them when they come in.
" Send them in. " Buffy enters the office carrying a carrier which Spike's face drops at the sight of it. Angel sees this but doesn't comment. Dawn comes in right after her and puts Brian's bag on one of the chairs as Buffy places Brian on the floor gently, as not to wake him.

" So, Angel, what was this situation? "

" Buffy, Dawn. Turn around. " They comply with Angel and when the do turn around Buffy faints.
Answers by spikeakawilliam
Chapter 4
Spike rushes to Buffy's side and takes her into his arms.

" Buffy, come on luv, wake up. Pet? " BUffy starts to stir and opens her eyes to a pair of intense blue ones. She blinks a few times before she speaks.

" Spike? Is it really you? "

" Yes. luv. I'm really here. Are you okay? " Buffy stares at him for a moment then wraps her arms around his neck.

" I thought I would never get a chance to see you again. I've missed you so much. I love you so much. How...how are you here? " Angel leaves the office with Wes, to give the reunited family some privacy.

" The Amulet. That's what we think. Not quite sure though. All I remember is saying goodbye to you then waking up naked on Peaches floor. He told me a little of what happened after that but didn't tell me that you moved on. " Buffy is confused by what he said until she see that he is looking At brian, who is in Dawn's arms and is very awake. She lets go of Spike and gathersa Brian from Dawn.

" Spike, I would like you to meet Brian William Summers. "

" What? The father didnt marry you. " Buffy places Brian in Spikes arms before she speaks again.

" His father didn't know about him. He had this crazy idea of being heroic and saving the world by sacrificing himself. "

" You mean....his mine? "

" Yes. I found out a month after you died. I already knew but had to go to the doctor to confirm it. "

" I... I want to thank you. "

" For what? "

" For giving me this miracle. For having my child. "

" First, you helped with the miracle and second I wouldn't want anyone elses child but yours. You're my soulmate, William. "

" And you're mine. I love you do much, Buffy. " Brian starts to fuss, which scares Spike.
" What... did I do something wrong? Why is he crying? "

" You didn't do anything wrong. He's just hungry. It's been over two jours since he has been fed. Dawn, can you bring Spike a bottle? " Dawn does what she is asked. Spike looks at Buffy with his eyebrow raised.
" I want you to feed your son. Just hold him like this and tilt the bottle so he doesn't get any air. " Spike does what she says. He watches in awe as his son drinks from the bottle. When he drank half of it, Spike pulls it from him and raises Brian to be burped. Buffy smiles at the instincts Spike has around caring for Brian. Spike looks at her and grins back her. He soon realises that Brian fell asleep on his shoulder,
" Geuss he wasn't that hungry. Let's put himin the carrier. " As Buffy does that Spike looks to Dawn.

" Hey, Nibblet. Just going to stand there? " Dawn runs and throws her arms aroud Spike in a tight hug.

" I've missed you so much, Spike. I'm so glad you're back. "

" Me too, Bit. Me too. Look at me, I've become a poofter." The three of them laugh.

" Come on, you too. Lets go home. "

" I'm coming with you? "

" Of coure. Do you honestly think I would leave you here with Angel? I'm not that mean. Plus I think Brian should have both of his parents with him. Now since we've been here to long, it is time to go." They all gather there stuff then walk in to the lobby.

" Blondie Bear? When did you get here? " Harmony natually talks loud and it is too loud for Brian and scares him awake. He starts to cry again. Spike places the carrier on the floor and takes Brian out of it.

" Thank you, so much for waking my son, Harmony. Shush, Brian. Daddy's got you. It's okay. " Brian starts to calm down to the soothing tones of Spike's voice. HArmony is confused and asks Buffy a question.

" I thought you said the father was dead, Buffy? How can it be Spike? He's alive. " Brian starts to cry again from Harmony's voice.

" Here, let me take him. Maybe the rest of his bottle and a diaper change will calm here down. " Dawn offers. Buffy goes ahead and takes Brian from Spike and puts him in the carrier.

" Thanks, Dawn. Spike and I really appreciate it. We'll be down in a minute. go ahead and start the car. " Dawn takes Brain and heads to the elevator to go to the garage. Spike nd Buffy turn to Harmony.
" Did you see Spike come into the office at all? "

" No. ":

" That is because I was dead, Harm. Somehow I was brought back and made human. I was with Buffy before I dead and that is how Brian was made. I'm with Buffy and that is where I am staying. You need to get over me and find someone who likes you for you. There has to be at least someone." Buffy and Spike leave a stunned Harmony staring after them as the leave the office area. They get to the garage and Buffy asks Dawn to drive them to the council.
Conversations by spikeakawilliam
Author's Notes:
Hope you enjoy it.
Chapter 5

“Spike?” Spike is looking at Brian holding on to his finger.

“Hmm?” He looks up to Buffy.

“Are you happy to be back?”

“Of course. I get to have a second chance to be with you. I have a son that now I get to help raise. I never thought that I would have any of this.”

“Well now you do.” Buffy rests a hand on his arm.

“I have almost everything I ever wanted. I only thing that is missing is you being my wife. I have the love of my life, our child, and my little sister. Nothing could make me happier.”

“Yes, William.”

"Yes, what,luv?"

“Yes, I’ll marry you. I love you and I want to be your wife. Plus might as well make it official because that is how the world will see you. I’ll have Giles get you an identity when we get home.”

“Okay, but it has to be under William Nathan Hollowell.”

“Why?”

“ Because that is my real name. And I want my family to have my name. Also I know it will make our mums happy. I also have a few bank accounts under that name.”

“ You have bank accounts?”

“Of course. Did you think I lived over a hundred years without money?”

“Oh. Its just that you always tried to get money out of us.”

“ That was for easy money. Don’t you remember me saying I could get you money?”

“Yeah, but I thought you would end up stealing the money. I didn’t know you actually had money.”

“ Well, know you do. I don’t hold it against you or anything, pet. You just never asked.” Buffy thinks for a few moments before speaking again.

“He looks a lot like you.”

“ Yeah notice that when you told me he was mine. I can’t believe I missed so much. I wish I could have been there.”

“ I wish you could have been there too. Maybe we can have another one in the future. For now lets focus on raising Brian together.” She kisses him softly. The kiss starts to deepen but is interrupted by the giggles coming from Brian as Buffy’s hair sweeping across his face. Buffy gently runs her fingers across his cheek. Spike smiles at the sight of his fiancé and his son. When Buffy lifts her head, she sees the look of love and adoration on Spike’s face. “ I really missed you.”

“I’m sorry.”

“For what.”

“For leaving you. Causing you hurt and sadness. For not being there through your pregnancy.”

“Spike, its okay. You did what you had to do. I’m thankful for what you did and that you came back. If you didn’t die Brian wouldn’t have been born because there would be no world left for him. I did keep wondering how I was going to answer the question, ‘Mommy, where’s Daddy?’ but now I don’t have to. I would have told him the truth anyways. You are the best thing in Brian’s, Dawn’s and my life. We all love you and will never stop.”

“But what if it’s not a miracle that I came back. What if I came back to hurt you guys?”

“You would never hurt us. It’s not in you. You will always protect us in the best way that you can. If it’s a prophecy, well figure it out and make sure you stay here.”

“Guys we’re here.” Dawn shuts the car off and hops out. Buffy and Spike climb out and Spike takes Brian out of his seat. Buffy grabs the diaper back while Dawn grabs the carrier for them to lay Brian down in later. Buffy and Spike clasp hands as they follow Dawn to the building’s door. When they enter the lobby, Jackie, a new slayer, stops them.

“Hey Buffy, Dawn.”

“Hey, Jackie. Can you have Willow, Xander, Faith, Robin and Kennedy meet me in my office?”

“Sure.” As they walk to the elevator Jackie stops Dawn. “Dawn, who is that hunk that is holding Brian? Buffy rarely lets anyone hold him.”

“That’s Spike. He’s Brian’s father.” Jackie’s mouth drops.

“I thought they said he died last year. The day Sunnydale was destroyed.”

“He did. Living on the Hellmouth, you’re used to people coming back from the dead. He’s one of the lucky ones.”

“Oh. I guess he is the reason Buffy called that little meeting.”

“Yeah. Well I better catch up with them. I’ll see you Thursday.” Dawn turns and rushes to catch up with her family. Jackie watches as the doors close before calling everyone t Buffy’s office.

++XX++XX++XX++XX++XX++XX++XX++XX++XX++XX++XX++XX++XX++X

When they get to Buffy’s office, she takes Brian from Spike and sits on her sofa with him. Spike watches as Buffy unbuttons the top two buttons of her blouse and brings Brian to her breast.

“I thought he drank from bottles.”

“That’s for when he is with the one of the others or if we’re in public. It’s mostly for when we leave the house. He does drink a lot.”

“So it’s your milk in the bottles?”

“Yeah, sweetie. Rather have him get the nutrients from me then have him on formula.” Spike sits next them. When Brian is done Buffy passes him to Spike. “Can you burp him?”
Spike nods as he puts Brian over his shoulder as Buffy buttons up her shirt. After Brian lets out two little burps he falls asleep on his father’s shoulder. Spike gently moves Brian so that he is lying in Spike’s arms cradle to his chest. Buffy places a light kiss on Brian’s forehead as her friends walk in.

“Hey….Spike?” Willow started to say hi to Buffy, but became confused at the sight of Spike holding a sleeping Brian.

“Hello, Red, Whelp, Faith, Robin, Kennedy.” He nods to each person as he says their name or knickname. Xander and Willow pass out when Spike talks.

To be continued….

A/n Sorry for the long wait. I’ve been busy with school and other personal problems. I should be start to post more chapters faster now that school is almost over and I get more free time. Please leave me a review of what you think of the story so far. I will try to write this story around what you think but I do have a plot line that I want to follow.
spikeakawilliam.
This story archived at http://https://spikeluver.com/SpuffyRealm/viewstory.php?sid=6634